[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue whale challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

I have heard a lot about this thing called blue whale challenge, what do you know about it? Is this shit real?
>>
Read about it in a newspaper, apparently mostly prevalent in russia, you write to a contact with a fake account and he gives you 50 tasks masking it as a game. At first its harmless shit like draw a whale on your body etc, then it goes into self harm and mutilation, and final one is suicide. If you pussy out they stalk you and threaten you and your family. The targets are mostly kids or teens and there is currently 907? (if I recall corretly) cases connected to it.
>>
Is this related to the blue waffle?
>>
I found this pic, not sure if is fake
>>
>>18743037
Was posted in the newspaper I mentioned too, probably real.
>>
>>18742994
So they're targeting kids because they're less likely to defend themselves or what? What's the point of it anyway, pure sadistic fun? And are these teens really stupid enough to do shit like this? I swear man, trends these days are too autistic for me.
>>
File: IMG-20170306-WA0097.jpg (85KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170306-WA0097.jpg
85KB, 720x1280px
Some of the challenges consist in watching scary movies, listen to music, and wake up at 4:20
Pic unrelated
>>
>>18743080
Yeah, pretty much, kids are more likely to give in to pressure rather than do something rational. As far as I know they get no profit from this so its just for their amusement. And yes, most people nowadays are just that dumb or dumber. Makes me depressed.
>>
>>18743042
Which newspaper?
>>
>>18742994
Lmao that sounds like a straight rip off from that one movie called 13 Sins. Literally the same concept.
>>
>>18743118
Just a local Slovak weekly paper, called Plus7dní, heres a link to the online article they published about it: http://www.pluska.sk/plus-7-dni/zahranicie/zvratena-hra-socialnych-sietach-nabada-mladych-aby-spachali-samovrazdu.html You wont understand the text but theres the same carved whale pic, the woman under it is one of the victims.
>>
Some more info from the paper: The game is called F58, the blue whale being its symbol and its mostly prevalent on VKontakt - russian facebook-clone. They found a boy who jumped off a building at 4:20 in the morning, as the other anon mentioned, and found some evidence on his comp that connected it with the blue whale. The newspaper agent made a fake acc to investigate the game and denied the last task - suicide, then immediately recieved threats like "Your mother wont reach the bus station unharmed,you cant escape us" which really creeped the agent out because his mother truly was going to a bus station that morning. Later the officials arrested Filip Budejkin and since then the blue whale activities apparently slowed down, so he was probably one of those responsible for it.
>>
>>18743192
Holy shit
>>
>>18742968
What does the image says?
>>
>>18743207
Newspaper guy here, the hashtags are #blue ones #quietly, comment under it is Kabff (? not sure about this) Kitty, under that is GG WP and the last one is Do you understand?
>>
>>18743238
to clarify it a bit:
blue ones- obviously whales
quietly- keep it secret
kabff kitty - seems like a random dumb chick to me, though I dont get the kabff part
GG WP- good game well played
Do you understand? - guy asking if people understood the hidden message
>>
>>18743192
Haha fuck nuts! Hopefully they'll put a end to that shit
>>
>>18743238
>>18743249
Kaeff, not kabff, misread. Searched a bit for the meaning, but my russian is not that good so it took me a while, apparently it is a slang for pleasure.
>>
So are there any actual news links to this shit?

I mean it sounds pretty believable, just some fucked up shithead getting kids to kill themselves.
>>
>>18743318
Well, I posted the slovak one, as for english ones I will have to search them up, but there probably arent many since Blue whale seems to originate in eastern europe and russia.
>>
There we go, found some in english:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/blue-whale-suicide-game-linked-to-130-teen-deaths-is-just-tip-of-the-iceberg-in-the-worlds-suicide-capital/news-story/62a3f76de05d14db4100fd81a511714c

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3003805/blue-whale-suicide-game-online-russia-deaths/

They seem to be just the same article posted by different News agencies.
>>
>>18743318
>>18743291
>>18743192
>>18743080
how can you guys fall for this, this isn't real lmao
>>
reminds me of that black mirror episode, "Shut Up and Dance"
>>
Most likely fake, sounds like clickbait hype
http://www.snopes.com/blue-whale-game-suicides-russia/
>>
>>18745058
>snopes
>>
>>18744536
I wouldn't be surprised if it was real
Those russians man... no honor
>>
How do I start this challenge ?
>>
Found alot of F58s while looking through the Facebook Clone, pretty creepy desu.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.