[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from flat earth/globe/tulpas, what caused the decline of X?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

Aside from flat earth/globe/tulpas, what caused the decline of X?
>>
It's creation.
>>
>>18741862
Shitty RP as well, seems like every week we have some forever alone going "How do I summon a succubus so i can feel the touch of a woman before I die?"
>>
It's actually not anywhere near as bad as it was in 2008-9ish

2012 was shit too. An entire year of MAYAN DOOMSDAY GUISE.

This is like a stagnant pond right now. Not a draining bathtub. We have experienced way...way worse.
>>
All the divination and similar threads
>>
I am new here,can this board be used for conspiracy theories that aren't necessary paranormal too?
>>
>>18741862
I think a lot of underage trolls/fedora tippers moved in here during the election from Reddit. Their diaspora is affecting a lot of boards right now if you examine closely.
>>
>>18741894
Its not as bad as 2012 I will grant you that. I wasn't here in 08/09 so I cant speak on that time frame.

Recently its everybody calling the other believers shills and CTRs. Everybody is trolling everybody.

If you dont believe me, then ((THEY)) must have sent you to spread disinformation! <Average /X poster anymore
>>
>>18741929
t. CTR shill
>>
What's some good alternative sites?
>>
>>18742011
no clue to be honest. You can find specific forums on google, but nothing as broad scoped as /x really
>>
>>18742034
once upon a time godawful forums were open to the general public and ats was... well it was bad but not this bad like today. dont kno really. we are stuck with x and pdf books on magickzzz
>>
>>18741894
and don't get me started on tulpas. there was a time with 3/4 threads about those fuckers
>>
>>18742011
Just listen to opening of Ghost Sweeper on loop.
>>
You touching yourself at night.
>>
>>18742941
Blame the ponyfuckers. They took a legitimate topic and made it an ERP scene.
>>
>>18743029
truth be told, /x/ should be much slower. i mean, there's not so much paranormal events irl to talk about
>>
wait. how about we make our own place, with blackjack and hookers?
>>
>>18741914
Once upon a time a huge chunk of this board was believable conspiracies and bizarre unsolved crimes before the roleplayers and "hey guys, I saw some weird shit, also I have schizophrenia but I'm sure that had nothing to do with it" guys came along
>>
This board was amazing in 2011, maybe we are all just jaded now
>>
>>18741908
Divination threads are used as containment threads, the only reason there seem to be more than one at a time is if one is about to autosage. Unlike these jackasses who post ten different "alien pic" threads and other BS
>>
>>18743175
Indeed. I LOVE the people who, openly admitting to all kinds of hallucinatory mental illnesses, swear their story is real and can't understand why nobody believes it. Then other schizos butt in and DO believe it.
>>
File: cone earth with cone moon.jpg (109KB, 1076x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cone earth with cone moon.jpg
109KB, 1076x1000px
>>18741862
>what caused the decline of X?
it was definitely those faggot cone earthers.
>>
Succubus threads. They've always been shitpost tier, and anyone who posts them should be banned, flogged and castratedm
>>
File: tmp_7795-ayyyyylmao1887762971.jpg (37KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7795-ayyyyylmao1887762971.jpg
37KB, 650x366px
>>18741862
>>
>>18741893
>imply there are only 10 people on /x/ that regularly start the same dreams/divination/tulpa/magic/flat earth threads.
Rp anit bad the only reason there is anything paranormal to talk about his because of real-life rper's like Bigfoot Hunters
>>
ARG's
>>
>>18741862
8ch and /pol/
>>
I miss the streams. Bunch of /x/philes watching creepy youtube shit... and goosebumps
>>
>>18741862
Infowars and boring conspiracy theories from /pol/ also shat all over /x/.
>>
/x/ forgets to be creepy, spooky, and otherwise horror-oriented.

Also, /x/ perpetually forgets to have fun and have a sense of humor.
>>
File: Echs.png (85KB, 888x747px) Image search: [Google]
Echs.png
85KB, 888x747px
I honestly think /x/ is pretty good right now.

When was it better and why?
>>
>>18741862
Same thing that causes the decline in any forum: the content consumers grew larger than the content creators. As the demand for content increases while the supply decreases, old content is recycled endlessly creating nostalgia and diminishing returns. Now the best old content isn't good for consumption anymore - everyone's read it. New content is dismissed as not as good as the old content, along with being so influenced by old content that it has very little originality and is just a chopped-up remix of old content.

tl;dr - the problem is US. Garbage in, garbage out.
>>
>>18741862
I stopped coming on here when every thread seemed to be about opening your third eye with mushrooms and silence. Not a single spooky thing in sight. Thankfully that seems to have passed
>>
>>18743801
Remember, the demiurge recently died, so now we are about to enter the age of aquarius, where will will all live for thousands of years in bliss.
>>
>>18741893
/thread

larpers killed it
>>
I go on /pol/ instead.
>>
>>18743807
Fuck my life
>>
Too many newfags and (((redditors))).
>>
>>18744079
sub 85 iq posters like this destroyed this board
>>
When most things were proven to just be a fucking
>>
>>18744097
Case and point. Faggots like this normalized the stupidity on /x/.
>>
File: 1488003569682.jpg (53KB, 720x723px) Image search: [Google]
1488003569682.jpg
53KB, 720x723px
It started with the same blight that plagues any other board:

Tripfags.

In their swolen ego they gloat and fester. Their sickness is the same that consumes anyone starting on the path of the occult.
>>
>>18744130
We deal with a wide range of topics that attract from 12 year old girls to security agencies.

The board ain'y death we just aren't extracting all the juice from the topics and the posters.
>>
File: 1488581825402.jpg (37KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
1488581825402.jpg
37KB, 664x520px
>>18741862
ive seen posts like this for years on every board
>userbase flucuates
>wow
>ANYONE ELSE THINK /x/ HAS CHANGED???
>I HATE NEWFAG LOL!!! IM OLDFAG CANT U TELL
>>
Desinfo, payed shills, bacterial marketers, usefull idiots, useless idiots, bluepills, tripfags, just your average everyday faggot.
>>
>>18744166
this.
anybudy els hat nufag?
>>
>>18741862
Social media. Even the dumbest people and even kids use it. Take that people and put them anywhere and you'll see that anywhere ruined in seconds.
>>
>>18741862
Religion.
I am a devout Christian but this is the Paranormal board. Since he exists imo, he is a natural force of creation. Nothing paranormal about it. If not, it's religion, it isn't paranormal.

All it devolves into is people talking about how people don't know enough science on both sides while ignoring the fact based evidence on both sides.
>>
>>18741874
Your attempt at being funny fell flat.

Honestly, you may very well be the lamest first post ever.
>>
>>18741929
>(((implying)))
fly away cia.
>>
Succubus and sigil threads. I amlost hate sigil threads most. "Hey guys i dreamed about this shape and that means it has a power specific to me and anyone know what it means so i can use it to make a girl live ne or, barring that, summon a succubus?" But if that were all it was, fine, but no, its followed up with some other lonely teen encouraging the first guy with "yes, i am a 6th level wizard and have read lots of books on the subject and masturbate to this sigil whenever i get the chance. You should too, and use its power wisely". They then refference a bunch of made up books and the bullshit spiral continues until everyone on the board is a 6th lvl wizard fapping to shapes
>>
>>18743236
I'm not sure anyone here actually believes in cone earth, I think they just started talking about it to sideline the flat earth tards.
>>
I see the mods deleted the threads criticising the mods. Arseholes. Valid criticism, you fucking wankers. You are part of the decline of this board, you know it, and you're doing fuck all about it. Get these fuckers replaced.
>>
>>18743175
I kinda dig the mental deseases stories, I never understood what you guys have against it. There's probably few things more scary than to be living in a waking nightmare where there's no limit to what can be real anymore.

As 4chan became more popular, more people started posting random stuff that diluted good content- sometimes you still have one or other real good thread. But it's drowned now in alot of, well, shit. And I also believe lots of content-creators migrated to other places, where? Well probly reddit tb honest.

I hope that slowly the newfags and lurkers will eventually get the vibe of the place and start creating/posting following the original ethos of the board, and one day they'll make /x/ great again. They just have to know what's the good stuff /x/ people want. So keep complaining and I think this kinda threads will also help as well

People are posting what they think is cool but as usual a bigger crowd will allways deviate from what a small crowd think is cool.
>>
No retard millennials should be allowed to post. That will dramatically improve things...
>>
>>18745738
Yeah the thing is biting those baits or trying to troll them will just add to the sea of shit we have to sif through to have a good thread. And it also will or bump threads or chanel attention to them, and encourage them to start threads like that cause they know they will be popular
>>
>>18741862
When you have people like 'Stephen Edwin King taking the stories told here and making millions . I don't know , you tell me .
>>
>>18741862

People thinking drugs leads to spiritual awakening.
>>
It has turned into a "who believes in the dumbest shit" contest.

We need more OC stories and thoughtful discussion on the paranormal.
>>
File: here come dat cone.jpg (92KB, 1000x687px) Image search: [Google]
here come dat cone.jpg
92KB, 1000x687px
>>18745738
>>18747043
there are no brakes on the cone train
>>
>>18741893
Ugh, I'm about to post instructions for suicide if that continues.
>>
>>18741862
I'd say the main problem is the lack of existence of the paranormal
>>
>>18741862
I ain't aftaid of no ghost??
>>
>>18744555
I believe this is a big part of it, I feel it's more doomsdays Christians who don't really read the bible (well, in context)
>>
>>18741908
>>18743228
They're not containing very well, I still see stray reading threads.
>>
>>18744555
>>18747128

I respect your beliefs, but if you saw Christianity from an outsiders perspective, you'd see there's enough "spooky" elements that justify some threads. Both angeology and demonology are creepy, than that golden Era of western occultism (Agripa, Tritemius, Nattesheim, even up to Dee) is sorta the original, "real" version of nowdays pop culture movie witchcraft. Those people meant it and spent their lives studying the occult in a time where it was a somewhat legitimate field of study. Also the old testament (and apocrypha) if not told as if they were children's stories can be quite creepy imho
>>
http://imgur.com/a/CKtAA
this
>>
Here's a list of other stuff that ruined /x/:

>succubus summoning threads
>conspiracy theories /x/ that can be debunked with JUST common sense
>constant roleplaying (such as the mentally addled people that browse here starting threads like "I have telekinesis, ama"
>people who think they saw flying saucers and think the world is ending
>people who gave themselves schizophrenia and think their imaginary friends exist, aka Tulpas

This board proves time and time again why its IQ is lower than even /v/.
>>
>>18744814
HAHA thanks for the laugh!
>>
Just the moderators not giving a fuck, combined with people being unable to stop feeding trolls.

Last week, I had a Deep Sea thread going. It was actually really nice, lots of weird and spooky shit in it. But it kept getting bumped off the front page by retards spamming their tulpa/skinwalker/flat earth/giant trees/divination bullshit non-stop. I had to create the thread on my phone off wifi, then bump it on my home IP. Oh, it hit post limit. I posted only like 20 times in it. But half of those were bumps from page 8 or so. 200+ replies thread getting buried under 2/3 replies shitposting threads.

Again, mods/janitors not giving a fuck. If they started deleting shitposts and banning repeat offenders, you'd immediately see an improvement in content quality. Don't even need to ban a lot of people, it's usually the same five autists spamming the board.
>>
>>18747079
THIS. And people who took acid and "had a really enlightening experience and learned all the truths of the universe...if only I could remember what they were!"
>>
>>18741894
Holy shit 2012 was bad. /x/ was tripfag haven back then. I can remember two particularly bad ones, though I won't name them since I'm worried it might summon them. And you know what stopped it? Not just 2012 coming and going. It changed when moot had a massive "janitor hiring wave". A bunch of janitors got assigned to /x/ and boy did they clean up the place. The tripfags all got banned (the two really bad ones ban evaded like five times before getting the message) and shitposting got punished harshly. Hell, for a while, posting "ayy lmao" on /x/ would get you banned across all boards for three fucking days. That's how serious they were about stopping shitposters.

Nowadays, it seems the janitors have stopped caring and the shitposters are realizing it. Just need the tripfags to return and try to rebuild their personality cults again and we'll be back to the bad old days.
>>
>>18741862
People thinking they can interpret complex subjects and apply them to reality where actual scientists have a hard time doing since they want to be sure they are correct for the most part. Because everyone is anonymous, no one is in jeopardy of looking like a retard.
>>
>>18750170
>Because everyone is anonymous, no one is in jeopardy of looking like a retard.

And yet look at all the people trying to defend their retardation instead of shutting the fuck up when everyone is laughing at them.
>>
>>18750176
Its because they think they understand a subject and am desperately trying to apply it to reality.
Retards don't know they are retards until they figure it out themselves. To them, everything is normal and what they do is correct. And im not talking about the actual mentally handicapped.
>>
>>18741894

And how wrong all of them were
>>
Tell you something, one thing that really grinds my gears here nowdays is that ridiculous divination thread with hundreds of replies on the 1st page right next to that beautiful sticky, that gave me so many ours of entertainment and is such a good guide for newfags. I wonder how long this divination desperation fad is going to last. Do people in the thread actually believe in it or they just larping and trolling?
>>
File: ishygddt.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>18751900
>grinds my gears
>nowadays
>>
>>18741862
Some of the users here are dangerously close to something. In an effort to quell interest, AstroTurf shills and mods teamed up to flood /x/ with fluff threads and report truth bombs. /pol/ has a more resilient user base so people have been moving red pills there instead.
>>
>>18753251
Have to admit "nowadays" was a typo
>>
>>18741862
Honestly? /pol/ learning meme magic and /out/ getting a board. Why the hell would anyone who wanted to learn about the occult come to /x/ when /pol/ was doing it daily with observable and verifiable results? Also /out/ and to a lesser extent /k/ have taken over cryptid topics as well. /pol/ took over conspiracy theories almost by accident, even stuff like flat earth.

'Paranormal' loses it's mystery when the Presidents chief advisor is a Nationalist version of Mad Eye Moony.

>OMG Wizards are real guyz!
>Duh. One is standing next to the president and the NYT and Huffpost just did front page articles about Witches waging a magical war against the Sons of Kek. They are literally one click away on this very website.
>Um.....Shit. Tulpa thread?
>>
>>18741862
things that you don't like

realistically though, it's the politicization of imageboard culture
>>
>>18756752
Realistically what happened is that /pol/ realized /x/ was right and weaponized it. Congratulations /x/ you knew the truth all along.
>>
File: 141373761723.png (252KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
141373761723.png
252KB, 512x512px
>>18758073
>>18756752
>>18756684
>>18741862
/x/ got a boyfriend is what happened.
>>
>>18747033
Hoping a newer group of people will follow older trends is kinda silly. Problems don't get solved so easily by hoping someone else will take care of it. It is good to have some hope though.

>>18747090
>We need more OC stories and thoughtful discussion on the paranormal.
A thousand times yes. Problem I've noticed though is that people keep demanding information instead of starting a thread with information or people start threads with some cryptic bullshit line that's "supposed to inspire discussion" but doesn't give any information regarding the topic. I've participated in a few threads recently where I was literally the only person offering information on the subject.

>>18751900
The divination thread isn't too terrible. Honestly a solution to the problem of it always being on the front page would be to get their posters to sage politely. Bump the thread when it's around page 8 instead of constantly. It's not like people who come here for those threads wouldn't be able to find those threads anyway.

>>18756684
I think the reason cryptid threads stopped being popular here was when people who believed blindly everything about cryptids, and people who vehemently hate the idea of cryptids keep turning any discussion into people just going "no u" back and forth.

People just don't know how to create content anymore. They always want someone else to do it. Or they want someone else to do it with them and without that other person they refuse to do anything worthwhile.

It'd also be nice if people would attempt to keep an open mind about subjects. This is an anonymous image board. Unless you're a tripfag no one is going to know you considered the possibility of reality being stranger than you previously thought. And if you're a tripfag, obligatory go fuck yourself for tripping outside of your original thread.
>>
>>18743719
There used to be legit ghost/demonology/mystic research and sharing here. Used to be well thought out experiences and veteran paranormal "investigation" going on, with debunking being foremost. It was always fun watching ten people disassemble story after story only to have them all stopped in their tracks by. All the readers got collective shivers as one out of ten was viable.
There used to be conspiracy threads where people would investigate together, cryptid threads where people would look into things, ghost threads where people would share information.

Now it's just people pretending to be gods, fake divination, and short-lived copypasta threads.
>>
>>18742011
There's godlike productions.

I enjoy their forums from time to time, but cant you just cant beat the partial anonymity of this image board and posting without a username
>>
>>18744561
Ehhh. There's more autistic posters than him
>>
>>18741862
reddit, underaged,youtubers mentioning our existence ,social medias+kiddos bragging they are important part of the community of /x/ , shit articles ntioning us as forum about paranormal and community who solve every mysteries, fuck since 2004 I've seen somuch changes on /x/ , we kinda lost our safe haven RIP the good days when there was no underage answering "kek" "fake n gay" or claiming themselves as skeptics, RIP the days we didnt had succubus/flat earthers/ divination/ is dis cereal killar paranurmal guize ect I wish we could take every single new cancer and fucking nuke em . fuck I miss the Ol /x/
>>
>>18758274
forgot to mention /b/ and /pol/ always trying to bring their bs in here
>>
>>18758216
>start threads with some cryptic bullshit line that's "supposed to inspire discussion" but doesn't give any information regarding the topic.

>People just don't know how to create content anymore.

Yeah because /x/ is supposed to be about fake stories and bullshit like you claim. We are failing because as you say we can't 'create content'

/x/ isn't about faking shit and making up stories, it is about weird shit that you experience and cannot explain..

You are the cancer killing /x/ and you are why /pol/ owns our ass.
>>
>>18758295
Just because they're the most persistent form of obnoxious shitposters doesn't mean they own shit.
>>
>>18758307
Bullshit.

/out/ and /k/ actually get out of their moms basements and innawoods on a regular basis. They have 3-4 regional meet ups per year and per season. Every year there are over a thousand people from each of those boards actively seeking out cryptids.

What does /x/ do? Nothing. You could be stalking area 51, you could be taking over MUFON and seeking out the paranormal, but you don\t do shit.

Before you mention it i am fully aware that any Cryptid that doesn't want to get anally raped by a drag queen wearing Touhu cosplay outfits wielding a machine gun will avoid a /k/ meet up, i assume they didn't survive this long by being suicidal.
>>
>>18742011
back 2 lereit
>>
>>18758421
Woah woah woah, didn't say anything about /k/ and /out/. Anon said "why /pol/ owns our ass", and I was correcting that. Not calling /out/ and /k/ obnoxious shitposters, they don't spam threads with off-topic material, and are cool in my book.
>>
>>18758440
>Woah woah woah, didn't say anything about /k/ and /out/.

It's cool, i'm just saying that /k/ and /out/ do way more real Cryptid shit than /x/ ever will. Not trying to be a dick, they just go /out/ and investigate the topic more than /x/ does.

And /pol/ does own /x/s ass in the Magick department, THEY USED MAGICK TO ELECT DONALD TRUMP TO BE THE PRESIDENT. If you believe magick is real and that focused thoughts can affect reality then they are obviously masters of the art.

Not dissing /x/ here, i'm saying you can step out of the shadows and join something that has real effects now. Meme Magick is real and it works, join us.
>>
>>18741862

x gun be canceled?
>>
>>18758421
>Stalking area 51
If anyone wants to fly me over from Australia I'll gladly join you.

On the real though I come about in 2012, shit was nonsense about the world ending then. Stayed for 2years an was solid in 2013/14 only somehow forgot about /x/ and have reinstated myself this year, it's pretty ass and I dont know where It went wrong but from my view too many rp'ers and too many trolls/dumb cunts in general
>>
>>18741894
Way to copy and paste shit you've seen others pussy reminiscing about old x in other threads. You're part of the problem. Kys.
>>
>>18758465
Except meme magick had nothing to do with it. Constantly shitposting about a certain topic until you get repeating post digits is not some sign that an ancient Egyptian god has taken notice, and there were enough people that wanted him elected, so he got elected.

Three kids are sitting in the back of a car, two of them start yelling out that they want ice-cream. At first the parents don't want to pull over, so the kids keep yelling about how they want ice-cream. The parents pull over at an ice-cream stand, and they get ice-cream. Does that make you think that meme magick was responsible for the ice-cream? It should if you think it had any bearing in the election.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.