[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can a smartfag please explain this to me? Not advocating one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: redbullearth.jpg (40KB, 564x555px) Image search: [Google]
redbullearth.jpg
40KB, 564x555px
can a smartfag please explain this to me?

Not advocating one concept vs. another, just curious.
>>
Its called a fisheye lens
>>
>>18739478
missing the point man. Photo is considered evidence of "flat earth".
>>
>>18739468
It's a fish eye lens you mong. Tha'ts why you can't argue for the earth's shape with high altitude photos, the lenses change it so much. What you can use are laws of physics, and I've yet to see someone explain how eclipses work with a flat earth.

What is with all the flat earth threads on /x/ all of a sudden?
>>
>Red Bull is in on it

This is how retarded flat earthers sound
>>
>>18739468
You don't need any smart fag to tell you what to do.

If it seems odd to begin with, investigate!
>>
>>18739468
is there a link to the video?
>>
>>18739485
I'm just new. Discovered and explored Mandela Effect idea last week. Lol that people actually believe that.

Just saw intelligent discourse on this subject. I was surprised considering how ridiculous the proposition is. The complexity and thoughtfulness attributed to the idea caught me off guard. Although some of the arguments are truly moronic. It seems basic concepts, like relative speed, elude people.
>>
>>18739478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvxlvSIIww
>>
>>18739485
Same with the ancestry, fake aliens and the stupid vault posts. /pol/smokers are bored and raiding. Just a guess though.
>>
>>18739519
>>
>Earth is flat
>Horizon would not exist

but horizon exists. there. you can't disprove that unless you're literally retarded like all flat-earthers oxygen wasters out there.
>>
The fisheye lens is distorting the edges of the photo to a circle, as seen at the 10ft pic.

The 128k pic is of a round object already, so it has no obvious effect.

Easiest way to understand is get a fisheye lens and place a ball in front of it then a box of cereal. They will look the same.
>>
>>18739468
This board used to be nice and now we have newfags who can't even tell what a fish-eye lense is.
>>
>>18739546
Ah, interesting, thank you.

>>18739548
Because being new makes one unable to contribute intellectually.
>>
>>18739544

You sound angry, shill
>>
>>18739601
How much money do you think the Illuminati Martians of El Dorado have? Do you seriously think they can fucking AFFORD to bribe that many institutions, businesses, independent researchers, individuals, and an entire internet wide crack team of trolls to crash debates, and make it worth the fucking EFFORT of keeping up this monumental - and ultimately pointless, let's not forget - lie constantly? ALL while keeping their coffers full enough to RETAIN that control?

Conspiracies aren't dumb. Some are probably true. Global conspiracies whose only conceivable reason for existence is to fuck with the entire human population for giggles is retarded.
>>
File: sydney-santiago.jpg (156KB, 617x311px) Image search: [Google]
sydney-santiago.jpg
156KB, 617x311px
>>18739745
>>
>>18739548
>https://mega.nz/#F!9EZwWIJA!xtMSg_xVNs8-PjN9jrkZUA

pretty sure we can blame pol for the influx of newfags
>>
File: FE - high altitude .webm (1MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
FE - high altitude .webm
1MB, 720x576px
>>18739485
>It's a fish eye lens you mong. Tha'ts why you can't argue for the earth's shape with high altitude photos
people have sent high altitude balloons equipped with normal lens and it's flat.
>>
>>18740820
If you stand on top of a mountain in Eastern Island you actually get to see the horizon bend and thus the curvature of earth. At first there's something wrong with what you're seen and you can't put your finger on it and then you realize what it is and fuck it's an awesome moment.
>>
File: Everest_from_plane.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Everest_from_plane.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>18740839
>>
File: 314.jpg (220KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
220KB, 1200x800px
>>18740868
>>
>>18740874
It's curving
>>
these poeple have never been in the top of a mountain

like fags get out of the holes once
>>
>>18740868
holy shit great photo
>>
>>18740839
They say even at 40,000 ft altitude on a commercial jet is too low to be able to detect the curvature of the earth, how can you see it from Eastern Island whereever that is?

I think most or all people who say they see the earth's curve are seeing an illusion. It's like a retard who knows about atoms and looks very closely at an object and says he can see the atoms in it. He's right, there are atoms, but he can't actually see them, he is deluding himself.

The earth may well be curved, but it doesn't mean people's claims they actually see the curvature from relatively low viewing spots are good evidence, they could be just as biased in their opinion as flat earthers.
>>
>>18740868
>nearly entire photo is clouds or sky
>>
>>18739485
The deep state sliding threads.
>>
>>18739468
Light tends to bend and mess with our perspective. Also probably has something to do with the camera, that's my two cents anyways.
>>
>>18739468
>fish eye lens

>>18739821
real world demand for these direct flights is practically zero

but also there's some GPS tomfoolery. There's a reason a lot of successful career pilots are former air force pilots. All the pilots that don't know shit will be on typical equator traffic routes.

>>18740868
>>18740874
>>18741125
This. You need atleast 40,000 to start seeing curvature

The Earth isn't flat, but Antarctica is imperative, dumb civs cant go there or they'll fuck it up with mouth breathing. It's the planet's crown jewel.

I'm not ruling out an imperfect sphere earth (dents & malformations), or a hollow earth.
>>
File: Making america great again.png (235KB, 498x388px) Image search: [Google]
Making america great again.png
235KB, 498x388px
>>18739483
>>18739468

The earth is so fucking big that the horizon appears to be growing until you reach far enough of a distance from space to be able to see that earth is in fact round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUxmCXSmtVo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs
>>
>>18741774
TRUTH
>>
>>18739544

>once you go flat, you can't go back
>>
>>18739745
>Do you seriously think they can fucking AFFORD

What are taxes

>Global conspiracies

>global

That's what we're talking about here, shill. Thread should be called "global conspiracy" and not "flat earth"
>>
>>18739518
It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to conclude that the mandela effect or flat earth have a shred of credibility
>>
>>18742179
mandela effect=dumb and fake and gay
flat earth=smart and true
>>
File: FE - Safrica nosunset.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
FE - Safrica nosunset.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>18742179
To realize the Earth is flat is pretty easy, just try to explain that video.
>>
>>18741774
here's your smartfag
>>
>>18739468
/sci/ would have a field day with this.
>>
>>18739478
And you are using two of them.
>>
>>18739468
>>>18739485
>I'm just new. Discovered and explored Mandela Effect idea last week. Lol that people actually believe that.
>
>Just saw intelligent discourse on this subject. I was surprised considering how ridiculous the proposition is. The complexity and thoughtfulness attributed to the idea caught me off guard. Although some of the arguments are truly moronic. It seems basic concepts, like relative speed, elude people.

Mandela effect is real. Flat earth on the other hand I'm starting to think it's a meme to distract people from it by comparison.

I wish it wasn't real and if u r not seeing it then good for you.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.