[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smiley Face Killers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

Search is over. Another young male found dead in the Ohio River this morning.

Smiley Face Killers strike again while police will cover it up as another accidental drunken "drowning". Who can stop them?
>>
>>18737807
Death by aging
>>
>>18737807
correct me if I'm wrong, but are we talking about the supposed killer(s) who target young men at bars, isolate them from any nearby friends/help, abduct them, keep them captive for a time doing god knows what, and finally kills them and dumps their freshly dead body into a body of water? Or am I thinking of a different serial murder MO and I don't know what the smiley Face Killers are all about. I'm assuming there's a smiley face involved at the dump site?
>>
File: ao_The_Smileys.png (98KB, 194x201px) Image search: [Google]
ao_The_Smileys.png
98KB, 194x201px
>>
>>
File: images (7).jpg (3KB, 120x160px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
3KB, 120x160px
>>
File: en2iS.png (362KB, 359x680px) Image search: [Google]
en2iS.png
362KB, 359x680px
>>
>>
>>
File: qq5vzt.jpg (63KB, 874x602px) Image search: [Google]
qq5vzt.jpg
63KB, 874x602px
>>
>>18738482
This is indeed what they are talking about. Many unsolved cases with the same basic scenario. Often a smiley-face seen scratched on a nearby surface.
>>
>>18740110
kek why is it that everyone who wears this mask outside of the movies to try to look intimidating is always a manlet.
>>
>>18738482
It's a conspiracy theory that attempts to connect a common cause of accidental death (drunken drowning) with a common type of graffiti.
>>
>>18741133
Found the killer!
Enjoy your talk with the FBI.
>>
>>18737807
any sources on that? Im familiar with the story but havent heard a any recent incidnets
>>
>>18741157
A young college guy turned up in the Ohio river in Pittsburgh yesterday morning. It's been all over the local news here, but no mention of the Smiley Face Killers
>>
>>18741897
>>18741157

IS this to do with the dead body found frozen in the lake? I'm guessing this is a professor who has connections to Durham university and Manchester university since it keeps happening here in England too.
>>
thoughts on this "documentary"
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD3c1RSLeFo

wtf is it even supposed to be? A mockumentary, a scary found footage film?
>>
File: 1430627796647.png (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1430627796647.png
90KB, 700x700px
>>18742032
a documentary that claimed to be real and based on facts, but they took some artistic license with it and made some stuff up to seem cooler. Probably with the intention of getting it and the real case notoriety, but did just the opposite and most people think its all fake
>>
File: the fear dedede.png (21KB, 106x118px) Image search: [Google]
the fear dedede.png
21KB, 106x118px
>dreamed about taxi cab driver in a majenta smiley mask threatening to kill me if I don't teach this autistic Vietnamese kid how to play baseball
>find this

Sp-spooked.
>>
>>18738482
that's a lot of info you have there... are you the killer?!
>>
>>18741897
Pittsburgh resident here- there's some talk it may have been motivated by the fact the victim, Dakota James, was gay. This is the first I've ever heard of the Smiley Killers, though.
>>
Look up serial killer drownings in Manchester England very similar case
>>
>>18737807
http://www.wpxi.com/news/body-of-dakota-james-found-in-ohio-river-in-robinson-township/500018423

Read this, it's what happened from a local station.
>>
>>18742457
a u t I s t I c v I e t n a m e s e k I d
>>
>>18743024
Nah, I'm just paranoid and enjoy listening to podcasts. I've heard a bit about the MO before and was thankful I didn't have to alter my usual shut-in behavior to avoid this possibility.

>>18743070
You beautiful Anon.

>male college student
>missing for 40 days
>Turns up in area previously searched
>found in a large body of water
Fits the general MO so far

I hope we get that toxicology report soon so we can know for sure if this is mysterious murder or drunken mistake
>>
I'm from Ames Iowa- supposedly the Abel Bolanos and Jon Lacina drownings were the smiley face killer. Crazy to think that america's most prolific known active serial killer was active twice less than a mile from my family's house.
>>
>Guy on /x/ finds a floater yesterday now this. How very odd.

>>18743062

It's here up north too. Can't be just a coincidence, do you think it is one person or a network of people doing this. If so what do they gain out of it?
>>
https://youtu.be/jiZpvrD6Uw4
>>
>>18743819
Should be asking: what do they have to lose if these men weren't disposed of? Connect the dots from what they knew.
>>
>>18743841

We need to find out what sort of connections their parents had. This could be vital towards the investigation.
>>
What if the killer is a cab driver?
>>
>>18743819
My best guess is it's for the fun of it. If this is the correct MO, then they should find out the guy died more recently than 40 days ago indicating he was dumped there and kept alive somewhere else for a large amount of time.

As for whether it's a large group of people, it's possible. Copycat killers are a thing.

>>18743935
I doubt it's a cab driver as their profession would keep them in a more localized area. From what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong, it's always better to have updated information) these killings are more wide spread suggesting the person travels around.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77sa7AD4WI
>>
>>18737807
wow i like to imagine that they are like the droogs from a clockwork orange, this is intriguing
>>
>>18744064
I mean we got gangs all across the US who drink milk and kill people.
>>
My theory is that it is three people or connected groups, one operating in the US and the other two in England.
>>
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks30PccPaFo
>>
what is this reddit tier meme movie thread
>>
>>18744183
It's a theory that a serial killer is killing young men and making it look like drowning. The problem with this theory though is they don't really have strangulation markings or stab wounds or anything that would identify them as being targeted by a living person.
>>
Is there a racial connection? I couldn't see the police or the media staying quiet about a serial killer unless there is a racial or lifestyle factor in the targeting that can become politicized.

If white males are being targeted and killed, this would be the absolute worst time to tell the public about it.
>>
>>18744000
checked.
back on-topic; does it seem possible that this is some sort of ritualistic killing for a Smiley Face cult? aside from the fact that serial killers usually target certain types of people, maybe there is a group of batshit guys who have a need to do the same thing. what do you think, /x/?
>>
>>18737807
bump
I hear about this a lot but there isnt much info aside from the basics getting talked about
>>
>>18745184
The main reason a killer angle is considered is because the Victims go missing for at least a couple weeks before being found dead in a body of water with their autopsy showing they had died only a couple days prior to being found.

They don't go drunk --> water.
They go drunk ---> Vanished for weeks ---> water.

These victims are usually outgoing college guys as well. Their absence is gets noticed.
>>
>>18737807
This has already been bust wide open by John Lordan in an episode of Brainscratch, it's just a case of people trying to "connect the dots" when the dots could be connected in just about any way possible.

There is just so much unrelated graffiti of smiley faces that they always get linked whenever one of these drownings gets brought up, I just don't think the connection is strong enough to consider this to be a real thing, given how random and widespread the alleged killings are and how they seem to be far more cases of drunk people falling into water given that tehre doesn't usually seem to be any signs of struggles on the alleged victims.
>>
>>18746905
correct me if Im worng, but didnt one victim have a clump of hair in his hand when his body was found?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77sa7AD4WI
>>
>>18745220
this has been going on for years (if you believe there is a serial killer) and nobody cared just as much back then as they do now. I doubt todays political climate would matter much. in general unless a killing has some very blatant political leaning or is really gruesome/edgy it wont make the news and even then can be 50/50. Nobody cares about serial killers anymore
>>
>>18748012
Maybe 1 victim did and maybe that was a genuine murder, but the rest are just too loosely connected for there to be a "smiley face killer".
>>
MISSING 411
>>
>>18751719
this
/thread
>>
>>18751719
>>18751737
Guys, these people don't go missing in the mountains or wilderness. It's literally college towns near bars where the victims are chosen. It is so urban there probably isn't a tree within 30ft of another tree.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.