[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

Hello /x/ Why do you not believe or Why you believe in God. Use as much facts or interesting and credible sources ill congradulate anyone who makes me a. Athiest and or Religious
>>
God doesn't exist. If a real "Christian god" existed, we wouldn't have things happen like they do now. Child starvation.. Canabalism.. Suicide from depression (or whathaveyou). We all are just in a coincidence.. We will all die.. I hope not too soon.
>>
>>18735004
I'm not a religious man but I would view it like this:

God created us as a science project essentially. He had his toys (angels and etc) who did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. (No free will).
So he got bored and wanted to essentially watch a giant cosmic TV show unfold. God gave humanity free will so he would be surprised by the outcome. While offering the ones who please him (do good, praise him etc) an entrance to join him in his world.

Or something similar to that. (I'm stoned though, so take that into account).
>>
>>18734988
Define God.
>>
>>18735035
A divine energy or intervention that created us or rules over us an ever existing being/energy
>>
>>18735004
If Adam and Eve did not eat the fruit, none of that would have happened. No disease, no starvation, no depression, none of that.

But since Adam and Eve chose to listen to the deceiver, the bonds tied to God were severed and they attained free will.
>>
>>18735004
>God doesn't exist

That's a bold statement and you don't seem to know what you are talking about, just look up old testament and see YHWHs killcount is way more higher than Satan's.
>>
>>18735049
Dont the christians believe it was fault of satan for all of this?
>>
>>18735047

Does this mean god is not omnipotent or is he just an asshole?
>>
I'm pretty sure soul density is a thing but I don't think that the god in the biblical texts is the true oneness-with-everything-god but maybe a STS entity that exists on a high soul density than us.
>>
>>18735068

Both
>>
The concept of a god or many gods is entirely possible. The concept of a lack of any god is also entirely possible. What's impossible is to determine the existence of one.

Since the beginning of civilization, gods and supernatural beings have been used as an explanation for natural occurrences that could not be explained otherwise. However, through periods such as the Scientific Revolution and then the Enlightenment, it was discovered that natural laws seem to govern the universe and human behavior.

Yet before, during, and after these realizations, religion and the idea of a divine entity have been used to control and manipulate the
public. Kings claimed that their divine right to rule was given to them by God. Ancient Chinese Emperors justified their power through
the Mandate of Heaven, claiming their rule was backed by God, and it would be until they began to rule unjustly.

Throughout most civilizations, the clergy has remained at the top of the social hierarchy, such as the brahmin in India, or the First Estate
in France, and has always reaped the benefits of the classes below them.This is typically in the form of some sort of taxation, like The
Catholic Church selling indulgences, (asking for payment from its followers in exchange for salvation), or even the concept of tithing in
modern Protestant churches.

Religion has been used as a means of appealing to specific demographics and causing great political/economic change, such as Islam's appeal
to the merchant class leading to the establishment of Muslim Indian Ocean trade routes, or the appeal of Buddhism to the lower classes of
India that inspired the destruction of the caste system and reformation of the Vedic religion into Hinduism.

In plain terms, the existence of a god is more profitable than the absence of one. If people believe God exists, they will follow the word
of God from the clergy, who are then able to control the public as they please. Personally, I don't believe he does.
>>
File: BasedStickMan.jpg (184KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
BasedStickMan.jpg
184KB, 1200x600px
I'm a believer.

I feel that the biblical interpretation is a truthful yet manipulated account of past events. I believe that we are meant to discern the value of the text, not allowing ourselves to be deceived. I believe this world is defined more easily as a holographic creation, where this reality is a perceived broadcast received through a process much like Non locality in Quantum entanglement. Those familiar with the Double Slit experiment and the sequential Photon eraser experiments will be able to assume where I'm going with this. I feel that this broadcast is not "Happening" so much as it Happened, and is happening and will happen; Much the same that we as people are not here, rather, we are witnesses to what is occurring. We are observers of this place, experiencing and influencing the world. It's as if we are part of a game, with the world being our medium of play, the consequences of this game determined entirely by whether or not we can accept and believe in that which is not immediately available for demonstration. Perhaps we receive accomplishments after we pass; A badge for being kind to the homeless, but our salvation is determined by belief; Not ignorance. We should not be so quick to discard and cast aside information we can not understand, in exchange for information dictated to us, within our holy book. The book is being changed, and was changed; Not to mention the common failure of the human mind and how confirmation bias hinders the search for wisdom.
>>
File: smile.png (514KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
514KB, 720x540px
>>18734988
I believe in christian God becouse i can't believe in abiogenesis. There is no real 3rd option, so its quite easy.
Currently i'm trying to make a contact with him somehow.
>>
>>18734988
In my the biggest dealbreaker of the ide thatthere is a designer is that we and other animals are full of remnants of evolution, parts that once served a use but now are just useless parts of anatomy. Goosebumps and our remnant tailbone are 2 examples.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3502679/The-evolutionary-leftovers-bodies-Video-reveals-tailbone-forearms-ears-tell-ancestors.html

First rule of engineering: barely enough is enough, everything more is either useless or a potential error.

If there is a creator he would have done a shit job. That means he is flawed.

There is no reason to worship a flawed beeing nomatter how powerfull it is.
>>
>>18734988
The word for God in Hebrew is Elohim. What's interesting is the fact that Elohim is actually a plural word, and an alternate translation for the word could be "Mighty Ones." I propose to you that The Bible is actually a historical record of the terraforming and colonization of Earth by an advanced race that we called "Elohim." We are clones of the Elohim, which means that we ourselves are, in a sense, gods.
>>
File: bowie spirt.jpg (68KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
bowie spirt.jpg
68KB, 850x400px
>>
I grew up as a catholic, and unlike most secular people of the west, i mean like legit catholic, i went to Sunday school, did my communion, the whole shebang.

As i grew up, like most Catholics, i became an atheist.
And if you know anything about the catholic church, its a den of pedophiles and mafia.
And even if you ignore that, the catholic church has been irrelevant since Vatican 2, ruined by liberal modernism.

Well, i was an atheist, but something happened, atheists became so obnoxious, almost as bad as religious people.

As i grew up more, i wanted nothing to do with atheism, at the same time im pretty disgusted with organized religion, and the abrhamic religion, i despise Islam, Christianity, and Judaism (fuck u demiurge >:))

I started studying the occult, like the actual occult, not like wicca or some new age shit, i mean like ancient grimoires, started researching the pagan religion and magic of my ethnic groups, actually im hispanic, the pagan era of spain seems confusing, like spain is a really funny country, so many different peoples have controlled it over the years from muslims to anarchists to fascists.

I started studying philosphy, the greeks, nietzsche, camu, Wittgenstein, kant, Schopenhauer, etc

One time i decided to worship the ancient greek god of dreams, Morpheus, i thought i would practice lucid dreaming in order to talk to him, this was an exciting idea for me, way more interesting than praying on your knees to Yahweh, so i had a dream, and in the dream i was ripped apart by dogs, and then i havent had a dream for 6 months.........like literally, not one dream.

So, i dont know, i hate atheists, organized religion, and the god of Abraham, i study the occult, and i guess im just going to become a gnostic.
>>
>>18735004
You know the whole "why does God let bad things happen" is answered in the Bible right? It amazes me that we're in 2017 and people still think the 'problem of evil' is a valid argument
>>
The Christian bible clearly keeps people from opening to new things including scientific discoveries. Therefor it is a fraude.
Islam is just a counterattack to the influence of the Roman church, so it is also at the end just made up. Judeism is just folklore, used by the Roman Empire to create christianity and therefore not more based then any other folklore. But those who study history already know that. It's the uneducated or youngsters who believe. All other followers of faith are users of the ignorant.
>>
File: evola1.jpg (227KB, 1419x1008px) Image search: [Google]
evola1.jpg
227KB, 1419x1008px
oh and if you study magic or the occult always go with the ancient, tradition, and its most powerful when you do the magic of your people
>>
>>18735932
it is. massive contradiction.

>inb4 b-but muh free will
>>
>>18735983
Only if you think you have the same perspective as God. Do you have the same perspective as God, anon?
>>
>>18734988
Am an Atheist and every atheist will tell you the same thing. We can't make you an Atheist you have to go out there yourself and find out on your own. Most atheists were believers. We just have greater thinking than most. For some it comes fast for others slow.
>>
>>18736001
>We just have greater thinking than most
Really? Tell me about your achievements in life anon.
>>
>>18734988
This has nothing to do with credible sources or facts. It is a philosophical issue. Some recect the idea of god because it is unprovable and for them unsatisfactory, for others it is the only thing that feels right.
But I dont even think it has anything to do with scepticism, because nobody really chooses to believe or not.
>>
Just stay an apatheist. You'll be sweet.
>>
>>18735993
No, not only then.
The only way his behavior makes sense, is that he either hates or doesnt care about us. But why worship him then?
>>
>>18736004
>>>/soc/
>>
>>18735993
wait. Right and wrong are a matter of perspective?

Torture, rape, murder, molestation, relentless deprivation, starvation ... are good or bad based on your point of view?

Do tell.
>>
>>18736005
So, believing in leprechauns [or anything] because it "feels right" isn't a matter of choice or skepticism? The person was overwhelmed by the only thing that "felt right".
>>
>>18736010
>The only way his behavior makes sense
From your perspective, which is extremely limited. You're presuming you have equal knowledge to God, why? How arrogant do you be to live on a tiny speck for less than 0.00000000000001% of the lifespan of the universe and think you can determine whether or not Gods behavior is logical or not? Can you REALLY discern everything you need to know about that determination, anon? Is it unfathomable to you that a being capable of creating universes ex nihilo might know how to run things a little better than a person who will never have even a tiny fraction of Gods knowledge while he lives on this Earth?

You're like a Dog who thinks his master is unspeakably cruel for taking it to the vet to get a shot. Why would my loving and benevolent master allow me to get stuck with a steel needle? It makes no sense to me therefore I must reason that my master is just a cruel callous being who cares not for my wellbeing.

But you know better, don't you? And God knows better than you.
>>
The are 2 kinds of atheïsts. Those who have look deep in every religion they can think of and realized they are all the same and therefore not 'the only truth'. This is the real atheist. This person will never be a true believer. He or she has seen the trick and can't be fooled by it anymore.

And then there is the hipster, who just thinks atheïsm is the new thing and follows the leaders of the movement.

But there are no leaders. There is no movement. It is not a philosophy nore a religion.
It is just a realization that religion is there for the ignorant to follow and the enlightened to abuse.
>>
>>18736015
First of all torture, rape ,murder and molestation are all the fault of Humans, you can't pin evil perpetrated by Humanity on God. Secondly natural evil might serve a purpose that makes it necessary. You don't know. You don't have the perspective to be able to make a judgement. God does. Why not trust him that he has good reasoning? Why presume to think you have a good enough view of the picture to be able to tell that he has no good reason?
>>
>>18736001
>We just have greater thinking than most

this is what i was talking about in my post when i said atheists became obnoxious.

Materialism has its own flaws, like narcissism, and thinking you have some sort of moral superiority over the "Sheep"
>>
>>18736024
>isn't a matter of choice
I dont think so. You cant just choose to genuinely believe in god. One just does. Same way you dont choose to fall in love or dont choose to hate pineapple on piza
>>
>>18736033
>you can't pin evil perpetrated by Humanity on God
Oh of course. He made the universe like it is
>>
>>18736087
Humans were the ones who decided to give God the middle finger and take knowledge for themselves.
>>
Watch this and prepare to have your mind blown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz77atYHTOA
>>
>>18734988
Something created the big bang. (Which atheists believe in).
What that something is, can be defined as God.
We are all part of god, since it created us.

Don't make the mistake thinking we are God. We are a piece of God, that's disconnected of the whole being/energy called god.

I'm not saying (Christians, Muslims, Jews) are right or wrong. (But they do believe in the same god).

Or that Buddhists/Hinduists, or any other religious culture are right or wrong.

BUT, they all do bring the concept of oneness..

Even scientifically and rationally we know we're one...

We return back to earth and become one.

The earth was created from different rocks and debris..

The different rocks and debris were created after the big bang...All relating to concept of oneness
>>
>>18736568

Continuation

For all the atheists here. I want to say one thing.

Did you guys know that Albert Einstein believed in God?
>>
Let's take a small trip through time. Ancient Egyptians worshipped their own "god" thousands of years before Christ was even thought of. Their god was "born" on the 25th of December to a virgin etc. People will believe what they want and I'm all for free-belief, but in a nutshell Christianity is just an easy explanation of everything that people believe because it is crammed into their heads since birth. Not to mention it's basically a corporation in the U.S. that intakes billions of dollars a year, tax-free, and pushes it's principle that people of other religions are inferior. It all depends where you are born my friends.
>>
>>18736580
No he didn't.
>>
>>18736722
Part 2.
Religion is also the basis for almost all war in the world. Christians fight Islams, the Jewish fight Palestinians, Muslims are looked at as terrorists because that's what the U.S. government wants you to think, that way the war rages on with support from the common people. "Oh yes war is good because we are getting rid of terrorists!" Not necessarily. It's also an ever expanding money pit but war is a topic for another day. Religion hides people from science and facts, religion makes people live in fear of opposing their god this keeps them under control. I think that people need to stray away from enforced belief, we need to become one as a species. We need to research and learn and adapt and most importantly preserve the Earth because regardless of your religion it won't matter if we destroy our home. Thanks for reading.
>>
Religion on 4chan is a meme. No good god-fearing man would visit a dirty site like 4chan.
>>
>>18736743
He did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein

He was pantheist or agnostic.

He was struggling with believing that the universe and god is the same.

Or that we can't know anything about god.

But he did believe there was a god. Just not a personal one.
>>
>>18736762
Exactly and what most people don't know is that Islam, Jews and Christians all have so many similarities. Read the Koran, Bible and Torah next to each other and you'll be astounded. It's ridiculous that they're fighting each other when they're all so similar.
>>
>>18736762

I'm a theoretical physicist and I'm Russian-Orthodox Christian.

(Hard) Sciences and faith are no contradiction.
Sure, there are lunatics everywhere, but this is not the norm.

>>18737009

I'd advise you, sir, to really do what you're addvising others to do.

Though there are indeed a few similarities, the religions are inherently different from each other.
>>
>>18735948

You are inherently wrong. With all of your statements.

The level of arrogance is just shocking.
>>
>>18737385
A lot of the idea's they have are quite the same.

When it comes to Christians and Muslims the main difference lies with Jezus.

When it comes to Jews, they believe they are superior. But even Muslims admit that.
If you go even further, Muslims believe they are above jinns because they have gotten the greatest gift of god. Their intellect. If you go even further.

Some people speculate that the reason Jews feel they are superior to other races is because they have one of the greatest intellects to mankind. Which resonates with the Muslims way of thinking. Which I don't know if it is right or wrong but a lot of Jewish people are at the top. We can go even further, but if you can't see that at the core those three religions originate from the same thing, then I don't know what to say.
>>
I believe in nature. We are a part of nature. Considering all the natural universe has to offer, specifically our planet, why would you want more? All this stuff about Gods and afterlives is nowhere, it's just thoughts in our heads, what's real is the reality we live in and share with others, that's what's important. It isn't in the future in some afterlife paradise, it's right now. It's like, that thing we're living, it's us doing all the things we do as living things.

These Gods and these afterlives insist on themselves, they demand to be The Story, the official canon, they need to be one's foundational perception of reality. And for many, they are. That's the scary thing. These memes copy from brain to brain like viruses, hijacking their host's psychology to compel them to "spread the good word." Examine the mechanisms that religions use to control and you will see them for what they are.
>>
>>18737736

I wouldn't agree on that one.

Sometimes educated folks like physicists come to the conclusion that there is a higher principle through their own work. And among all the stories involving Gods and so on, why not follow the teachings of one that literally said "stop being retarded ass cunts and if you do, you'll receive eternal love".

I don't see a problem there. Only when the belief goes as far as ignoring the very reality.
>>
>>18735058
Technically Yahweh in the OT was an entirely different deity. If I remember correctly, it first originated as the volcano demon deity of some obscure tribe.
>>
>>18736001
>Am an Atheist and every atheist will tell you the same thing. We can't make you an Atheist you have to go out there yourself and find out on your own. Most atheists were believers. We just have greater thinking than most. For some it comes fast for others slow.

Whatever you say, Einstein.
>>
>>18736094
But that's god's fault since he sucks at babysitting considering he's omnipotent and all-knowing. Don't put the cookie jar in the middle of the room and go out for 10 minutes and then blame the 5 year old for eating them all.
>>
>>18735897
Aktshually, Eloi is a word for god. Elohim is a plural form. The "im" suffix means something along the lines of "of a higher order" or "angelic" or "heavenly" depending on the context. If you want references, when Jesus says "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?" It is translated from "Eloi, Eloi. Lamah sabachtani'ai." I don't quite know how to transliterate the last part off the top of my head and I'm on my phone so I can't post using my jew keyboard. Not that I necessarily disagree with your point, but the linguistic basis is flawed.
>>
>>18734988
All the definitions of the creator are wrong. I shouldn't say all, because some, in my opinion are very close to defining the creator.
>>
Dunno man. I'm Druidic. All that I believe is that Spirituality is something you have to be honest with yourself about and find on your own. Some men truly have no room in their heart or mind for gods, some men have room for many.

It depends on you. I can't (nor would I want to) convert you to MY beliefs because I don't believe my beliefs fit everyone.

If you are comfortable in your current state, stay in it OP. And notions of god or feelings of a lack of god, are yours alone to sift through. You'll eventually end up where you need to be.

Who knows. Maybe a life of questioning is what that is for you. Cynicism is not a bad quality. Nor is skepticism.
>>
>>18737994
The potential to disobey God needs to exist for obedience to mean anything. You can't just strap a guy up in a room, tell him to stay there and marvel at how obedient he is when he's still there when you return. It's impossible to show loyalty if you literally cannot do anything otherwise, it means nothing.
>>
>>18737994
Ooh somebody sounds like they have daddy issues. Or maybe "heavenly father" issues.
>>
File: thedark4.jpg (640KB, 1721x854px) Image search: [Google]
thedark4.jpg
640KB, 1721x854px
>>18734988
>>18735004
>Why you believe in God.

Because of evidence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfTv-fmhhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6chUtSef4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpPkp8OGQFI
>>
>>18736722
>>18736762
You're talking shit. The movie zeitgeist never once represented any actual factual information just a bunch of retarded conspiracies with no real evidence to back them up (Even the atheists who aren't idiots know this, http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums/debate-room/zeitgeist-documentary-attepmts-refute-lie-lie )
Religion has only caused about 7% of wars throughout history ( http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1400766 )
>>
>>18735948
this
>>
File: 1488498025463.jpg (374KB, 1500x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1488498025463.jpg
374KB, 1500x1065px
there is no intervention = no care no realality effect other then death.
you are god , this is heaven.
>>
>>18734988
I've never found or been presented with any evidence for the existence of the supernatural.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.