[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benevolent/nonthreatening experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Gradback_scout camp bottom.jpg (35KB, 357x189px) Image search: [Google]
Gradback_scout camp bottom.jpg
35KB, 357x189px
Was wondering if anyone else had had any paranormal experiences with entities that seemed kind or just neutral. I'll tell mine.

When i was about 13 or 14 our scout group went for their annual summer camp for a week. Every year we changed the camp's location and this year it was held in Buxton (I'm English). This campsite was situated on the side of a gentle hill and ours was right at the bottom with a river by the side (pic related).

Our troop used the typical green triangular tents that you picture when you think of boy scouts. They usually hold 6 people sleeping like sardines but our patrol only had 3 members going on the camp and we all slept on one half so the other was empty. I slept inbetween the two others.

One night in the middle of the week I randomly woke up. The tent was pretty dark and I could barely make out anything inside. Suddenly I notice a black figure standing over me. Since it was so dark i couldn't make out any features however it looked like a boy about the same age as me. It felt as though he was watching or observing me. I was half asleep at the time and my mind instantly assumed it was one of my other patrol members coming back from taking a piss. Quite groggily i call out "Brendan what are you doing?". The figure continues looking down at me and doesn't respond. I then realise it's not Brendan but someone from out of my patrol. I yell out "hey who are you, what are you doing in out tent" promptly waking the other two scouts. They both turn their torches on and the figure vanishes. I tell them what I thought I saw but they just tell me to go back to sleep. I dismiss it as my half-asleep brain imagining something and head off to sleep

The next morning we're having breakfast, every morning one of the leaders would eat with one of the patrols and today we had the troop leader with us. Whilst eating i decide to tell him this story as I thought I had just imagined it and i'd get a laugh out of it or something.
...cont
>>
My ex and I saw a ghost and felt no fear. Given how cowardly I am, this is really saying something. It just looked like a cloud had appeared indoors. We both saw it as clearly as I'm seeing my laptop right now. We were stone cold sober, too. All of the windows and doors were closed, and no, nobody was smoking. We didn't feel scared or threatened; it was just there. A moment later, it was simply gone.
>>
>>18733766
part 2

Once I've finished my story and saying how dumb I was he stops eating and looks at me. He then proceeds to tell me that a few days ago he was talking to the campsite owner and found out that a famous naval officer used to regularly camp here whilst he was alive. His name was Jack Cornwell and he died during the Battle of Jutland at 16.

He was the 3rd youngest person to be awarded the Victoria Cross award for gallantry after he was the sole survivor of an attack on his ship and remained at his post awaiting orders till the ship was recovered despite sustaining fatal injuries.

According to the owner our site was allegedly his favourite place to stay. He also said that his spirit watched over the scouts that stayed there and looked after them. My leader didn't think anything of the story until I had told him of my encounter the previous night. After this we concluded that it must have been the spirit of the boy watching me that night.

I can still vividly remember that night and how little fear i felt during the whole experience. Whilst i can't verify what the owner was saying about him camping here but I've since researched the boy and the rest of the story checked out. It's a nice memory and since then I've started to believe in spirits

>>18733830
At least you both saw it so you know it wasn't your imagination. I scare quite easily so i can really emphasise with your cowardace ahaha
>>
File: Jack_Cornwell_c.1915.jpg (13KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_Cornwell_c.1915.jpg
13KB, 220x319px
>>18733855
Forgot pic related
>>
Probably one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had - this happened over a decade ago but something about it still calms me despite the situation.

A few months after I had turned sixteen and been driving for a bit, I was driving home from a music practice around 8-9 pm. It was storming heavily, and my house was down a big, rocky hill and situated in a valley. Being inexperienced at driving, I reacted the wrong way to my car hydroplaning, jerking the wheel to get back on track.

Unfortunately, the car ended up doing several 360s and slamming against the rocky ledges on the side of the road. I remember gripping the wheel and just begging for God or whoever else to not let me die.

My car finally stopped, it was on its side, and my driver's side window was open. I was terrified, but as soon as my wreck had happened, a person appeared over my window and reached to pull me out.

It was too dark to see any features on the person, but I know they were male. As soon as he had pulled me from the car, he said in a shaky voice "I-I have to go," then ran to his car and sped off before emergency arrived on the scene.

It always struck me as bizarre that he wouldn't stay with me and that I never saw what he looked like. I guess he was in quite a hurry, but the calmness he made me feel as a terrified teen who had just had a wreck was odd.

I don't really believe in guardian angels or anything but if I had one I think it was him.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.