[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 9606441_orig.jpg (54KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
9606441_orig.jpg
54KB, 1100x618px
So, i have been having some weird nightmares for years now.

It all started when i had this dream: I was walking down a long corridor, pillars on both sides. It was dark, only lit by candles. When i reached the end, there was this huge throne, and sitting on it was a gray gargoyle like creature, it was around four times my size. It looked down at me, had a strong physique and big horns. I knew it was Satan right away. Woke up immediately.

So, ever since then, i have this weird nightmare that just feels real: I stand up from my bed to go to the bathroom or something. Everything is dark in my house. When i turn on a random light, this dark, humanoid silhouette is just standing there, facing me. It has no distinguishable features at all, not even eyes, just a smoke figure. I get frozen in place for some reason. It jumps at me at superhuman speed, i actually wake up with a jump, my heart is racing.
Sometimes when i fall asleep again i end up in the same nightmare all over again. What the hell is this? Anyone had similar experiences?
>>
>>18730452
The last nightmare I had was actually my ex-girlfriends, oddly enough.

It involved a giant, inescapable wheel, that would eventually crush me, causing me to wake up.
Before that, the only nightmare I ever had was a recurring one when I was a child, which involved me walking down a sidewalk, when suddenly, then ground below me would give way and I would be suspended in midair, listening to a mad scientist describing how he wanted to destroy the world.
My vision would then zoom out to view the Earth from space, possibly from an astronaut on the moon, and I would see the Earth crack into 3 pieces,

Was a recurring nightmare for a few years of my life,but has since faded away.

In my opinion, your 'nightmare' sounds like a manifestation of events happening in your life at the moment, but that is a just a broad assumption. Can you give any more details?

I would assume the Gargoyle has to do with someone in a position of power in your life.
>>
>>18730486
Not really a lot of background to give there, i'm just your average Joe. I'm a student, work as an electrician, nothing really weird going on in my life aside from this nightmare.
Weirdest thing is that it just feels real, i legitimately wake up horrified, even kind of worried about getting up if i have to, because that thing might be there.

I'm kind of defensive towards people though, have been since i was a kid. Might have to do with some kind of paranoia towards people?

Also, weird nightmare you have about the apocalypse. I hate being paralyzed inside my dreams.
>>
>>18730510
Yes, it's quite uncomfortable, being only an observer, but I'm able to look past it.

I'd be willing to wager a bet that, again, the gargoyle/devil figure in your nightmare, has something to do with someone in a position of power, possibly a boss, educator, or a peer who you don't quite get along with, although the last suggestion is quite a stretch.

Have you had any problems with anyone recently, within that last 6 months? Or even problems with the place you are staying in, as that is a more likely cause than an individual.
>>
>>18730526
I did have some problems with my father. My family had a huge discussion in the New Year's Eve, everyone ended up going their own ways. We haven't been talking for a while.

I dislike some of my father's actions, but i do respect him for making some hard decisions, might be this?
>>
>>18730561
It would most likely have something to do with that, as the father in someones life usually represents authority, power, and fear, to some degree, all of which are commonly associated with "Satan" in varying degrees.

However, this does not necessarily recognize the root cause of your dilemma, as just because you may have an issue with your father, might not have direct connotations with your nightmare. I believe that the root cause of your issues belongs somewherein your current residence, unless this nightmare has persisted throughout numerous households of yours, in which case I would strongly believe that you father/family may be the true root cause.
>>
>>18730575
It has actually persisted for 3 different houses now, in every one of them i had these nightmares.

I also just remembered i used to have a nightmare when i was younger where someone in my family would suddenly snap and try to kill me/other members of the family.
>>
>>18730593
As you said, you dislike some of your fathers actions, but you can respect them, so in my opinion, I don't believe it is you father as whole, but possibly some of the actions he has taken, and more than likely some outer stimuli caused by such actions, compounded by your families feelings towards said actions, including your own.

Since it has persisted throughout numerous we can definitely rule out localized stimuli as a root cause, and also because it has taken place over the course of years.

You could try talking to close family members about personal things that have happened to you in your life, if applicable, otherwise I would look t traumatic events that have happened over the course of the past few years, beginning with those that occurred before the nightmares began,however, again in an attempt to locate he true root cause, this could cause overthinking about trivial events, which would be counter productive.

If no such traumatic events exist, then it could truly be an underlying problem you have with your father as a whole, as said before, the feelings felt in your dreams are commonly associated with figures of power, I.E. Satan, or a father figure in your life, or the absence of one if that's the case.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.