[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ i started to get into meditation lately, and every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 36713463613.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
36713463613.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Hey /x/ i started to get into meditation lately, and every time i get about 15 minutes into it i start seeing colors and weird shapes and sometimes shadowy faces/figures and it freaks me out enough to stop meditating.

Can someone tell me whats going on or show me a good book where i can learn more about this and more meditation information in general?
>>
Probably just your brain fucking with ya, probably.

What exactly are you doing to 'meditate'?
>>
File: 134613461347613461.jpg (5KB, 336x150px) Image search: [Google]
134613461347613461.jpg
5KB, 336x150px
>>18730299
I put on some theta binaural beats and sit crossed legged with hands like pic related in a dark quiet room. I try to focus on nothing but the emptiness in my mind and try to shove away any abstract thoughts.

Is that how it's properly done?
>>
>>18730289
You're half dreaming, that's why.
Try to go all the way, you'll be in a self-induced 'lucid dream'. I've done it a couple of times, feels like one hour passed 'as you entered the trance' and once you 'wake up', you'll realize 4-8 hours have gone by.
I was just driving down an infinite road tho, I wonder what others could do. Also, VERY shadowy. It's hard to force on colors, but it's doable. Most of the 'travels' start in black and white most of the time.
That's how it was for me at least.
Once I could do it in full colour I just stopped, I've achieved what I wanted from meditation, a constantly quiet mind, being able to push any thought away.
I've gone on one travel since then, it was quite symbolic and enlightening, it's like the 'environment' is speaking to you, not in language, but in 'brain' language. Maybe waves or something I have no fucking idea.
>>
How do you go even further beyond? They say you can go to other dimensions and shit but when I close my eyes and lay in bed trying to meditate all I see is black and white stars and I can see space like just empty space. I want to know how to truly go deeper.
>>
>>18730323
That actually makes a lot of sense since i felt like there was a huge connection towards what i was seeing and feeling, thanks for the insight.
>>
>>18730335
If you're OP, then you should beat that fear, it is of your ego. You, as in your spirit, doesn't feel fear. It doesn't mind it's ego dying, it'll be as it has always been.
You have to take control of your ego, don't let it control you. Meditation can really reveal some wicked symbolism of your inner, as can drugs.
If you're not OP, try visualizing something. Start small.
Also this literature will help you, if you're truly seeking.
http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/art/The-Psychonaut-Field-Manual-FOURTH-PDF-EDITION-530005584
https://mega.nz/#F!BcViwbhY!pYG-mI2Le-Xd8sFPH9Iilw
>>18730351
No problem pal, safe travels.
>>
File: 1483125010181.gif (280KB, 1600x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1483125010181.gif
280KB, 1600x1602px
in Zen they say, observe it and move on. everybody has weird shit happen when they meditate for extended periods. if you take it too seriously you might think you're superman or the next L Ron Hubbard which entirely defeats the purpose of meditating.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.