[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm copying this directly from my post on /k/, so bear with me.

I was just at Hodge Rd last night out by Barstow and I think I had a run in with something fucking creepy. Definitely not a person. Any ideas? Will type up rn, I'm on mobile so I'm not greentexting and it's gonna take a bit. Nothing too exciting, no dead animals, no torn up campsite. Was creepy as hell though.

>pic related, ammo I was shooting
>>
Call me crazy but I know what I heard. Anyways, it started off yesterday by my dad wanting to go shooting randomly. I don't mind, I love random adventures. Steele Peake is closed now, so we decided on Hodge Rd. It's slightly relevant so I'll mention my mom passed away December 18, a little under 3 months ago. We brought along the rifle her mother gave to me.

It's pretty dark by the time we get around to Hodge Rd, maybe 10pm? Anyways, we pull off onto the dirt road with me and my dog and my dad in the van. Nothing odd or out of the ordinary, except for lack of gunfire or flashes from guns. It's 10pm, whatever right? People must be sleeping or something. Anyways we pull maybe a mile to a mile and a half down the road, find a little spot to park and kick it and try and get some sleep for a few hours.

After a bit I decide fuck that, I'm gonna go explore the area around the vehicle. I pull out a .22lr we just got second hand, and I wasn't sure if it even worked but I wanted to try. (As a side note, it doesn't work, but that's not important.).

Anyways after I'm done poking around I go and sit in the van a bit with my dad. It gets cold as fuck in the desert at night, so good thing we brought a bit of firewood. After awhile we get out and start said fire. My dad immediately goes into the van after but I kick it around the fire with the 10/22 I have because I know that works and there's no way in letting some coyotes fuck with me or my dog.

This is where it gets slightly creepy. Before when I was laying back in the van I kept thinking I'd see shit moving out of the corner of my eye, but I brushed it off as reflections in the window. As I'm sitting by the fire, I distinctively heard footsteps. I shine my flashlight and check the area around me, and of course, nothing. I thought I was being paranoid because of an experience I had a few weeks ago in the mountains of the Lytle Creek area, but then I heard my dad say in the van that I might want to grab the .30-30.
>>
>>18727788
Oh sweet. Is there an innawoods thread there atm? Heading over
>>
What creepy thing would be out near a shooting range?
>>
>>33197896 #
I've only been once, and it was during the day. I didn't even go very far back the first time.

>>33197968 (You) #
I don't ask why, i was wanting to shoot it anyways, it was the Marlin model 3000 my grandma gave me when I was like 10, before she passed. After all I went out of my way to get a box of ammo for it. So I open up the back of the van and swap it out for the 10/22. I casually mention that I could have sworn I heard footsteps, and he tells me that he heard them too, and so did my dog. Okay, so I'm a little more creeped out because I took extra caution to make sure there was no one camped by us.

So I sit back around the fire and load the .30-30 up, and sit there some more. I sat there maybe 30-40 minutes and I know I heard more footsteps, and once or twice thought I saw something. Maybe not. I didn't mention that to my dad. Anyways the fires almost all burnt out but not quite, it won't flare up or anything though so I'm fine.

So I sit down in the van, and damn it was cold as shit. I started laying down for awhile, but then, I saw cop lights way off in the distance, where the entrance is. We didn't have anything illegal nor were we doing anything illegal (I don't think) but I didn't want to get hassled either way, so my dad and I hopped out real quick and put the fire out completely and hopped back in. Now here's where it really creeped me the fuck out. I'm getting all on edge typing it.

We have electric door locks on our van, and I'd like to mention prior to this, the radio was working fine and I was getting great reception. But I'm sitting back with my dad, and my dad says "you know what would be creepy?"

I love creepy shit and what not, so I say "seeing someone walk down the road towards us?" And he says "no, seeing your mom walking towards us."

Okay, yeah that would be creepy. Not even fucking 10 minutes later my dad goes "oh shit" and freaks out a little bit. I ask what's up, and he says no I'll tell you later.

>cont
>>
>>18727799
>>33198084 (You) #
I don't like when people do that, so I insist he tells me what he saw. And he says "I don't know what it was but I swear to god I just saw a person over there." And he pointed toward an area I did hear footsteps coming from earlier.

Okay, kinda freaky. A few minutes later he gets freaked out again because he swears he saw it again. My dad doesn't spook easy but I shit you not he put the covers over his head. He had the keys in the ignition and we were listening to the radio. Out of nowhere, it started to get kind of static-y, like when you drive under power lines or something, except there were no power lines nearby and we were pretty far back from the radio tower. The signal was fine earlier. I start messing with my phone until I realize it has no service either.

Someone even tried calling my dad and when he went to answer it, it died. Maybe his phone is a piece of shit, I don't know. Then out of nowhere all of our doors lock and the alarm sets. I'm freaked out a bit but I figure it was my dad hitting the button on the key by accident. I'm kind of annoyed also because I figured if the cops didn't see the fire, they sure saw that.

>cont
>>
>>18727805
My dad tried to rationalize it was him doing it by accident too, until, it happens again. Yeah, maybe he did it a second time by accident, so then I tell him knock that shit off the cops are gonna come bug us, and he tells me it wasn't him.

Okay, kinda creeped out more. Keep in mind this was only minutes after my dads glimpse of the apparition or whatever it is. So my dad sets the keys in the center console where we can't touch them. It fucking happens again. No way it was my dad or myself. Yeah, I'm fucking spooked. My dads spooked too, and so he passes out, literally. His way to deal with scary shit is to fall asleep, because then you don't have to deal with it.

I'm freezing, my blanket isn't doing shit, so I stay awake to make sure the cops don't come over this way because now there's a second car over there with his lights on. They end up staying about an hour at least and come pretty close, but don't get to us.

I know in the time I was falling asleep I thought I saw something a few times move. In the morning my dad mentions he swears what he saw looked like a girl, and he saw it just a few minutes after he mentioned it would be scary to see my mom. How weird. In the morning I get up and walk around but no footsteps, no campsites, nothing. I don't know what I saw/heard/experienced but it was fucking weird.

As a side note, I did a little research and in the early 80s, late 70s a serial killer killed a 17 year old girl and her brother and dumped their bodies there. Almost certainly not related but still pretty creepy. I'm positive those aren't the only murders or bodies dumped there.
>>
>>18727799
>Marlin model 3000 my grandma gave me when I was like 10, before she passed
Thank goodness you cleared that up or everyone would have thought she gave it to you after she died.
>>
>>18727796
Fuck if I know, that's what I'm trying to figure out. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience there.
>>
>>18727826
She might have.

>what is a will
>>
Well, I'm going to get shitfaced. If this thread is still alive when I'm finished, I'll probably post the incident I mentioned at Lytle Creek, because that one was creepy too.
>>
You need a dog named goku to sort this shit out
>>
Hey OP check this out, http://articles.latimes.com/2004/mar/23/local/me-zamastil23
>>
>>18727846
Fucking kek
>>
>>18727858
Yeah, that's the murder I was referring to
>>
>>18727885
That's fucking creepy dude, I wish I was there
>>
>>18727788
>shooting 7.62x54r
This nigger actually fell for the nugget meme.
>>
>>18727984
I didn't but it was literally a free gun. It's not actually that bad for plinking, more fun than my .22s.
>>
>>18728002
I'll give you that, then. A free gun is a free gun. I hated mine, however. Had it for about three months and then sold it.
>tfw I fell for the nugget meme too
>>
>>18727788
Check out JRQE #1 on the joe Rogan podcast. There's a thing about squatchin at the end I think you may be interested in.
>>
? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agMkHrmAgzY
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.