[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zazen & Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: full-lotus-front.jpg (55KB, 230x264px) Image search: [Google]
full-lotus-front.jpg
55KB, 230x264px
/x/, I have started to meditate according to Zen techniques, using Zazen.

I'm not religious at all and I'm not here looking for some kind of spiritual enlightenment or to ascend to a higher plane of existence, so you can leave that at the door. If, at some point in the future, I decide that's what I want out of meditating, then that will be a conclusion I come to on my own, not as a result of some post on /x/.

But I do want to know what meditation has done for you, if anything.
>Do you meditate?
>What traditions do you follow? Established ones or ones that you make up yourself?
>Interesting meditation experiences, etc.

I'm not saying that talking about paranormal stuff is unwelcome here, by the way. Just saying that such isn't what I'm in it for personally.
>>
Yes, meditation fag here

You might not be looking for a spiritual enlightenment, but you'll definitely at some point become more enlightened as to how your mind works. It might have already happened

You realise you can make bad thoughts go away as quickly as they appear by focusing on the breathe and surroundings, so naturally whenever you have bad thoughts you can let them dissipate and focus on good thoughts or take a more rational less emotional approach to whatever is giving you these negative thoughts. Very liberating, made me a much happier person in general.

Not entirely sure what particular tradition I learnt in, but I was told it was some secularised Buddhist one, and it starts with focussing on the breathe, then other sensations and finally being aware of thoughts entering your head and leaving when you dont pursue any line of thought. Meditation is seriously based, reccomend it to anyone with an open mind
>>
>>18727533
>secularised Buddhist one, and it starts with focussing on the breathe
Sounds like Zen to me. Thanks for your input.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.