[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Official Sticky Update Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: regular2.jpg (253KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
regular2.jpg
253KB, 500x404px
Hey guys, so a lot of people here have been complaining that the main sticky thread is not a viable source of info anymore.

Most of the links are dead, the image is an eyesore and its existence is dragging down what could be a better list of sources of information. It harms the board and no one up top seems to be doing anything about it.

The question I propose to everyone, since the sticky thread essentially greets and guides future-to-be /x/philes, is what would the new thread contain in terms of links and information?

This new list can greatly aid the relevance of this board and help people find subjects that interest them much more than as of this moment.
>>
ur a jew
>>
Despair code
>>
this feels Fake but if it's not: adding a section for podcasts would help limit the number of those threads that keep popping up
>>
>>18726729
the original alien pic should be in the op
>>
>>18726729
flatearth thread
tupla thread
krashna thread
divination thread
sucubus thread
occult library thread
the rest actually paranormal creepy threads
>>
>>18726745
why not something truly paranormal?
>>
>>18726752
Is there such a thing?
>>
File: aayyyy_com.jpg (542KB, 602x900px) Image search: [Google]
aayyyy_com.jpg
542KB, 602x900px
>>18726743
Prolly split sections up into media type: YouTube, Podcasts, PDFs, Wikis, Websites, etc would work
>>
>>18726729
I honestly never liked the format of the current sticky. The picture always was awful and it needs to go.

I'd also like to see instead of a dump of a zillion links that quickly go out of date a more inspirational and interesting format.

I would propose that after the mandatory /x/ rules and what belongs here what doesn't post there should be a series of posts afterwards.

Each of them should contain an appropriate picture and a summary of an interesting paranormal topic. Almost as an example of what a good post should be on /x/ and as food for thought on other threads.

For example one post would be about cryptids, a quick summary of what they are and some examples of common ones. The next could be a rundown on ayylmaos. There could be one for occult and diviniation generals.

Just some quality posts about relevant topics that can give people a good intro into the paranormal and contain enough basic information that newbies can be directed there.

Simple dumps of links are good and all but they are very boring.
>>
>>18726802
This is what should happen.
>>
>>18726729
Leave /x/ alone
>>
>>18726729
Bump. I also support this motion to update the sticky.
>>
>>18726729
I agree completely with the movement for a new sticky, image and all.

>Cryptozoology
>Conspiracy Theories
>Personal Spoopy stuff
>Magick and Divination
>Awakening stuff?

Feel free to add to the list, kinda wanted to sum stuff up (flat earth, antarctica and all that jazz)
>>
File: classified.jpg (762KB, 733x900px) Image search: [Google]
classified.jpg
762KB, 733x900px
There's two major thing's that need to happen to get this rolling:

1) /x/ forms a hive mind of new links and subjects for the sticky in a 50+ post text doc

2) Contacting the board admin(s) to make the change

I have no idea how step 2 will happen, I was hoping someone knew how to contact them
>>
bamp
>>
>>18727344
You can literally summon them with shitposting.

Well, what links do we start posting first
>>
>>18728234
Before that, we need to figure out the main categories:

>/ayy/ - Aliens/ UFOs
>/con/ - Conspiracies
>/cri/ - Crime (Murders, etc)
>/cry/ - Cryptids
>/div/ - Divination
>/oct/ - Ghosts/haunted locations
>/occ/ - Occultism & Magic
>/pod/ - Podcasts
>/med/ - Spiritual (Meditation, Chakras)

What more are there?
>>
>>18727344
just email hiro protagnist @ 4chan or whatever
>>
File: ab24-86.jpg (31KB, 280x222px) Image search: [Google]
ab24-86.jpg
31KB, 280x222px
>>18728303
I have always been a fan of the weather.
>>
We should consider if we want to encourage truths and finding unknowns in opposition to all the fiction and role playing here. Both are important and there will always be at least little of each but there should be a general stance on the matter.
>>
OP here, I have to go to bed but hopefully this thread will be still alive when I get back
>>
>>18726802
bump
>>
>>18728303
> /rol/ = Roleplay
>>
>>18729263
that's all /x/ is
>>
I think something like a google doc would work best so that when a link dies a new link can just be edited in instead of having to leave the dead link in there
>>
File: ....jpg (110KB, 305x306px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
110KB, 305x306px
>>18726802
This
We need each post with an image to be about a /x/ topic with links and info atached to it in the sticky.

Make it happen Hiro
>>
>>18728303
>/yt/ - Creepy Youtube Videos
I loved those videos with comfy creepy videos and stuff. We definitely need to keep that in the new sticky
>/creep/ - Creepypasta
>/tulpa/ - Tulpa?
>>
>>18726729
wut do, spam /qa/? how does this change actually happen
>>
>>18726802
completely agree with this
great idea
>>
File: 1485148723283.jpg (103KB, 810x539px) Image search: [Google]
1485148723283.jpg
103KB, 810x539px
>>18726729
This has been tried before, as you said. I think there was even a huge collection of information gathered ready to go to become the new sticky along with a new coherent format and suggestions that would have been easy to implement if the mods wanted. All the work was basically done, and still there were no changes made. The mods have forsaken /x/.
>>
>>18726729

Ban the fucking succubus threads pls
>>
>>18726739
belray surge
>>
>/urb/ - Urban exploration (haunted places)
>>
>>18731195
this guy gets it
>>
>>18731183
racist
>>
File: Storm_com.jpg (541KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
Storm_com.jpg
541KB, 1000x744px
>>18731136
If enough people speak up (aka flood their inbox) then it will change

Btw where is this list?
>>
>>18732258
>>13385717
>>
>>18728303
>/deep/ - Deep Sea Spooks
>/fae/ - Fairies, Sprites and the like
>/flat/ - You know
>/hollow/ - Don't always get along with flat
>>
File: 1475509513531.png (4MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1475509513531.png
4MB, 2560x1600px
>>
File: Drinking.jpg (66KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking.jpg
66KB, 452x710px
This kind of thread keeps popping up, but the mods never do anything.
>>
I still think there should be some rules or guidelines of making threads here. I feel like "creepy images and stories" is too broad.

Besides, like OP said, current sticky
>has too many broken links
>stupid BEK pic
>"x dump"
>>
>>18726729
Mega libraries definitely

We should also make an archive of pics to avoid those threads that have pics that were posted over 9000 times
>>
>>18732746
/flat/ and /hollow/ would be part of /con/ since thy are also tinfoilinfused
>>
>>18726751
Sorry but fuck all those threads nothing but fake ass role playing shit.
>>
>>18736018
We have to get entertained.

Good and serious threads aren't that many, and people capable of discusing in them are even less.

I don't complain about the board because this it's what it is.

I enjoy the ride and you should too.
>>
The fact that it got stickied and is still stickied boggles my mind. That list should have been made into a pastebin or some shit, then linked in a proper sticky thread written properly by a mod. It's a laughing stock.
>>
>>18726729
Lets build a new sticky yay.

We should go by ethnic groups when constructing the history area.

Like Greece:
plato, Socrates, Etc...

Egypt:
Hermes Tri. , Kink Tut, etc...

China:
Lao Tzu, Confucious, etc...

Hindu:
Shiva, Usapanisad, etc...

We can even create level readings. Like Level one student. The republic, Art, etc...
Level two. Pitagoras, numberlogy, etc...

We can construct a true pillar of fate for future mages and alchemist.

As masters of the /x/ school of wizardry.

As we all now, the student will come attracted to the school thru means of synchronicity, we can bless said student with an easy path to enlightenment.

Would like to help Mods and OP. How can we contact each other and make /x/ great again.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.