[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the top 10 spookiest states?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

what are the top 10 spookiest states?
>>
Pennsylvania is pretty spoopy
>>
The American South has some really interesting ghost stories
>>
Detroit is the spookiest state, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>18726185
I mean they have a lot of spooks.
>>
>>18726191
Black people.
>>
D.C. has the most jiggaboos.
>>
>>18726212
Trump should kick them out.
>>
what colour/sexual orientation are you?
>>
>>18726161
Indiana for rural, pretty spoopy
Chicago tornado sirens are just unsettling all by theirselves
>>
>>18726161
West Virginia and the Appalachians
>>
new mexico. it's like regular mexico, but with more aliens.
>>
File: 1482290415874.jpg (72KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
1482290415874.jpg
72KB, 600x420px
>>18726228
Back to your shitboard
>>
Upstate NY

Fucking not even once
>>
File: 1487874458207.jpg (104KB, 647x647px) Image search: [Google]
1487874458207.jpg
104KB, 647x647px
>>18727186
>Back to your shitboard
>/x/
>>
>>18726161
North Central PA is pretty creepy
>>
honestly, small towns in the midwest.
>inb4 children of the corn
>>
Minnesota is p spooky. You never know what's going to happen. Ever.
>>
>>18727630
Up by Cloquet is spooky
>>
Nevada is for sure in the top 5
>>
>>18726161
Any state with the most trees. That would be Alaska, Oregon and Washington.
>>
Spookesota.

A state so spooky, the government won't even put it on maps.
>>
>>18727571
>implying
>>
Won't name ten, but my top 5 from spookiest to least spookiest is...

>New Mexico
>Texas
>California
>Kentucky
>South Carolina.

Lived in or spent extensive time in each one.
>>
Connecticut and Maine
>>
>>18727653
Why?
-Nevadan here interested in spooky shit
>>
File: rural appalchia.jpg (298KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rural appalchia.jpg
298KB, 1500x1000px
>>18727670
You've never been to Appalachia then
>>
new jersey
>>
>>18726173
>>18727593

Total agreement, I grew up in central PA and it was spooky as hell. Everyone had some sort of ghost story, or a weird encounter they couldn't explain, myself included.
>>
>>18728907
Parents just moved to Central PA, now I'm excited to visit on Spring Break
>>
>>18728580
I live in the woods in western North Carolina. can confirm, is spooky.
>>
California cause of all the retards
>>
>>18726161
I've driven from Seattle to Florida
got really bad vibes going through arkansas.
pulled off in an ok-looking area for gas, no streetlights or reflectors on road

gas station looked OK, but nothing worked. it was hella dark, and there was an upper-middle class looking apartment block overlooking the road/lot

that's the first time in my life i felt like i was being washed

Louisiana was kind of creepy too
>>
>>18729350
>first time in my life I felt like I was being washed
You must smell really bad
>>
>>18729352
watched you idiot
>>
>>18729350
>gas station looked OK, but nothing worked. it was hella dark
They were closed and probably the owner watched you wondering what that idiot is doing trying to get gas from a closed station.
Skooky.
>>
>>18729369
all the lights in the gas pumpers were on though. my card still worked.
they wouldn't pump.
>>
>>18727186
Get the fuck out libtard
>>
>>18729357
Who's the idiot, the guy who can't check to see if spell check changed his word before hitting enter, or the guy who busts his balls about it? Choose wisely anon.
>>
>>18729376
>Libtard

Kek who in 2017 still uses this word unironically? Some Rush Limbaugh trailer trash, kys.
>>
>>18729381
the latter
>>
>>18729373
before
>it was dark
>nothing worked
now
>lights were on
>card worked
Believable.

Also gas stations often leave their lights on to keep people from breaking in or messing with their stuff.
You dun goof'd and tried getting gas from a closed station.
>>
Maine.
>>
>>18726161
1. Oregon
2. Oregon
3...10. Oregon

Fucking spookiest place on Earth. Haunted houses, forests, gravity anomalies, mind control pollen.
>>
>>18729388
Explain fucker
>>
>>18727776
nm injuin here can confirm nm is spookiest
>>
>>18729403
>Haunted Houses
Good and run of the mill, who doesn't like a haunted house

>Forests
creepy shit happens in forests, I'm with you

>Gravity anomalies
Oh I like these

>Mind Control Pollen
wat.jpeg
>>
>>18729397
>it was dark
as in, it was nighttime
>nothing worked
as in, the pumps would not pump, card would get denied
>my card still worked
i meant that my credit card had worked at other gas stations earlier that day, and worked at another gas station once i was closer to little rock

and where im from gas pumps never close but it was arkansas, so maybe they close there

the creepy part wasn't the station not working, i just felt really out of place there i guess. It wasn't paranormal, just a creepy ass state.
>>
>>18729423
tell us your spooky stories and folk lore
>>
>>18729427
>Mind Control Pollen
Half the fucking state's a mushroom:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/oregons-monster-mushroom-is-worlds-biggest-living-thing-5527898.html
>>
>>18729448
O-oh
>>
>>18729444
I am an alcoholic. coyote said drink jk anon what you wanna know
>>
Florida easily. Once abducted by aliens and once had an encounter with a ghost. Also in the Everglades there's some Wierd people. Also Bigfoot raped me but I liked it desu.
>>
>>18729461
>alcoholic
kek

But what tribe are you?
>>
Louisiana is pretty fucking spooky sometimes.

I live next to a swamp and when I was going to a tree house deep into it I found a garbage bag and opened it up and it was all dead puppies.

Its really sad, but people killing off puppies is common around here because people don't spay/neuter their pets or don't control them much.

I haven't found any bodies yet but there have been bodies found by other people.
>>
>>18729469
>>18729461
Just asked what tribe so I know what to ask about
>>
Hawaii actually has some pretty spooky shit going on, like night marchers and curses
>>
the first ones most likely Maine. If you've lived here as long as I have, you've seen some shit. If any of you have the chance, spend a week in Bridgton. Their most haunted store was closed down though.
>>
>>18729498
I'm Navajo
>>
>>18729578
So what's the real deal with skin-walkers? They're mentioned on here a lot
>>
>>18729642
Usually a bunch of other drunks that kill a close family member to get some killer magick skillz. Think sonic the were hog lol
>>
>>18729659
>think sonic the werehog
my sides
That's less spooky than people here make them out to be. So have you experienced any ghosts/skinwalker/witch or alien stuff?
>>
nm is scary both in the spooky way and the constantly paranoid of getting mugged way. I'm so glad I didn't stay there for long
>>
>>18729667
Well to be honest with you anon I've never seen a werehog, lol I have heard that when they are near there's a coppery blood smell like a rotting carcass. There's also an instance were if you see a horse or other bovine creature and they're eyes don't reflect then that's a skinny bro. I got some ayylmao stories go back to my grandma we call our grandmother's ma'sanni can green text if you want.
>>
File: plz_no_mad.jpg (228KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
plz_no_mad.jpg
228KB, 1333x1000px
>>18729693
Plz greentext some ayylmao stories, I will present you with the traditional payment for your people from my people
>>
>>18729717
Those better be glass beads pale face. Anyways
>be my grandma
>live out in bumfuck no where
>(Newcomb, NM)
>have no running water
>need to pee
>go outside of house to outhouse
>walkout side walk towards outhouse 159ft away
>get halfway
>bright light appears
>passout
>wakeup in bed
>still have to pee

I'm not sure if it was a dream or not. But she was pretty adamant that it was the ayys I dunno maybe she just old
>>
>>18729796
Honestly that's a pretty believable ayylmao story, didn't get weird into gov't conspiracies or spiritual demon aliens. I believe it
>>
>>18729813
Cool man I shall drink so listerine to you. I've got some others, that do involve some gov spiraices. Lol
>spira like ff10
Anways I guess back in the 50s or whatever the local witches or bad medicine people were stealing shit from some BIA building â—‡bureau of Indian affairs) like cash and some other shit. The FBI came to my town Shiprock, NM to enlist the local good medicine men to help find out why shit was being taken. Literally sounds like a xfiles episode. Anyways they have this ceremony where they "bring the witches in" and low and below some of the BIAs own agents were responsible. Can go into more detail about this ceremony if you want.
>>
>>18729826
Please go into more details about the ceremony that sounds hilarious
>>
>>18729826
Or other shit too. Idgaf I've also got a story about my aunt who is a "hand trembler" like Harry Potter where they have different wizards n shit. Lol my aunt is like a seer or something I dunno. Anyways she had some friends over and they were asking her to check on stupid shit this was back in 07 so they go who's gonna win the election and my aunt goes obama. I can't believe it but when I think of him I see the "snake people" can go into detail about snake people if you want to. Like there's Obama asking these people "I'm ready I'm ready led me have it" my aunt said Obama was a bad guy. Haven't asked her opinion bout trump she did tell me about AL-QUADA and did some weird have motion she said they were evil too. I was a teen then when she told me this stuff
>>
>>18729840
Tell me about the Snake People
>>
>>18726201
blacks are scarier than any spook could ever be
>>
>>18729837
Don't ask me to perform it lol cuz I dunno how but basically the Navajo people believe that there is no right or wrong. There's only power, how you use that power is up to you. So what sounds weird but both sides good and evil draw power sometimes from the same entities think kek. We have different gods we believe in that we can call to. Some people have ways to twist even good things into bad things. An ways since we all draw energy and power from the same sorce kinda. A good medicine man or whatever he is does a prayer and a sing. Typically they do this ceremony in a hogan which only has a blanket covering the door. When they start they're sing they "pull" in the bad witch or whatever, and those people just walk right into the hogan. Remember no doors. Just a blanket, they say that when you do this ceremony you aren't supposed to look at them. Doing so will kill them. As they can not have they're identitys uncovered.
>>
>>18729860
Wow Navajo beliefs sound awesome
>>
dude washington is sketch as fuck
if you've ever been in the woods, alone, in the dark, you feel on an instinctual level that you need to do everything in your power to get the fuck out, the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, there's some dark shit out in those woods, and really throughout the entire state, which is why so many serial killers are from here
>>
>>18729849
Alright nagger, anything for my fellow /x/philes
So alot of navajo beliefs are derived from the Hopi, being that they were here first, theyre res is completly covered on all sides by our rez and we as navajos, athabasken whatever showed up in like the 12th century. But this is my "navajo" interperation of "snake people"
So hopis have diffrent clan groups like we do. They also have a very specific medicine groups IE people who practice magick, (FF8 GF junction whatever) So hopis have Kivas, think a hole in the ground where they perform ceramonies. There is a hopi medicine clan group that deals with snakes, they practically worship them. and during hopi dances and festiviables dance with snakes in their fucking mouths, can you belive that shit? lol anyways I never really though about this shit until my dad who was friends or apprentices with some hopi medicine men, brought my mom and my older sister to hopi way back in like 1981 or some shit. Anyways turns out the guy who my dad was learning "medicine" from was part of this snake clan, and once he the hopi guy was left alone with my mom and my sister, he tried to kiss my mom, my mom said that his tougue was litterly like a snake and his eyes had changed color. My mom pushed him off and left, she told my dad and they took off from hopi.
>>
>>18729849
Also my aunt knows nothing about lizard men, greys, ayylmaos, and reptilians shes a old lady from the rez who barely knows how to use the interwebs.
>>
>>18729888
So a lizardman tried to bang your mom? Hopis are weird
>>
>>18729897
Pretty much brah, Hopis are pretty fuckin werid, they are always like "you navajos took muh land" lol don't get me wrong though, as a injuin or native person or whatever we respect all other tribes and what they're "medicine" is, I hear rumors that the Yavapai and Huvpasupai used to have the way to manipulate time in shit, I dunno just a rumor i heard. I got other stories too, if you are interested
>>
>>18729903
Definitely interested! Thanks for the stories man I really appreciate it! Here's one of my pale face ghost stories. My grandpa was Southern aristocracy old money (he had 13 kids so he lost the money raising them). But he grew up in Tarboro NC and he and his friends were hanging out in this old barn that had been abandoned since the Civil War when a lantern just floated in so they all ran out and never came back.
>>
>>18729909
Sheet you know that some medicine men can make the ghosts go away? Its like healing of the spirit of the dead, think Zelda Majoras mask song of healing or some shit lol. Anyways My cuzin from here is dating a Apache from Dulce (Dulce and Shiprock are like a 4 hour drive) and they have some pretty wicked stories about the supposed base if you wanna hear about those too, totally not a rolepayer lol
>>
File: gh.jpg (158KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
gh.jpg
158KB, 1024x577px
>>18729917
>>18729917
heres muh proof I guess I should have also taken this picture of a bottle of cheap vodka too, oh well
>>
>>18729917
Sure I'm down for some Dulce stories. I just find government conspiracies funny because I plan on joining the intelligence community. Currently majoring in Peace, War, and Defense and a lot of my professors are former CIA, DIA, and military.

Another pale face ghost story. Friend of a friend lives in an old plantation where a slave uprising was violently put down. They say every year on the anniversary the house goes insane. They get really uncomfortable talking about it so no one really knows what goes on but they rarely stay at the house on the anniversary

>>18729923
Nice
>>
>>18729929
Alright so this story is from the prospective of my cuzins man or whatevs, I have no idea when this took place but if you ever go to dulce after you get out of Bloomfield NM and you past Blanco you go past Navajo lake you start to see trees and shit, most of the Apache rez is mountains. So once you get threre theres TONS of logging roads, the apaches used to have a logging company i dunno about it now. but anyways this guy and his friends were being kids teens i guess and cruzin around these roads. They get to a crossroad and they start to see cattle. Not thinking anything of it, (I guess cuz theres always cattle I dunno) they get out and goof off. Its dark so they start poppin beers (PBR is a great rez drink as we are all into rodeos in shit) eventually they start fucking around with the cows bothering them trying to tip them *see how much we have in common with your average redneck? anyways they get bored of that and start wandering around and some how they come across a cow with a HUMAN HEAD. they shit brix and run back to the truck and leave. take this story with a grain of salt tho I've never been there.
>>
>>18729938
Theres also another story but this one isn't as detailed, basically this guy would ride his 4x4, quad or whatever they are called out when hes dealing with his cattle. That archuleta mesa does indeed have some pipes *apparently coming out of it and he stumbled upon it. I don't really belive this one because how can you just stumble upon it and not show anyone else. Its an urban legend that some times you can see steam rise from that mesa every so often, think of FLCL and big teepot looking thing.
>>
>>18729938
>>18729944
>see how similar they are to rednecks
kek

And is Dulce where they supposedly keep the aliens? And what was the big deal with the pipes?
>>
>>18729952
Yeah the guy is from Dulce, I didn't know a whole lot about Dulce other that they get that sweet sweet percap munnies. I've been to dulce a couple of times during an annual fair they have called the "little beaver round up" as for the ayys I've got no fucking clue the whole town sits in a valley, but I've never gone driving through there in depth. As for the pipes? Shit I got no clue, I guess they could have regular utility pipes that deliver water and sewage treatment to the town. Being apaches I dont think they know anything about that (they always as our Tribal Ulitlty Company NTUA to go out to dulce to help install powerlines and other shit because they are too stupid/poor to do it theyre selves) As for the rednecks alot of us are into that country western lifestyle, huntin, fuckin, fartin, bullshit. Its a shame we don't get along with alot of the whites in places like Cortez, Colorado, and Farmington, NM we all pretty much like the same shit.
>>
File: 2011-02-20_14-26-51_840.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2011-02-20_14-26-51_840.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>18729952
Heres a picture of the area between Shiprock, NM and Farmington, NM this were the area gets more populated and your less likely to see some snoopy things.
>>
>>18729971
>Apaches are just dumb and don't know about utilities
lol

I always wanted to go to a reservation, but all the whites I know that do go are the annoying white savior complex kind who cry and apologize and talk about how being there had made them "find themselves." I just wanna drink and shoot the shit

>>18729984
Spooky lookin
>>
>>18729995
Man if you grew up around a Injuin rez you wouldn't have that mentalilty at all. I don't get liberal white folks who think its they're duty to save me from myself or some shit. Most of us just want to be left alone in our misary lol. Most of the whites here have a pretty negative viewpoint on Navajos and Apaches, and Utes in general the biggest city is Farmington, NM which is surrounded by like 4 different reservations. But the whites here hate us for good reason, alot of my kind don't amount to anything and just cause trouble. Hell yeah, if you ever come over x anon I'd show you some snoopy spots bring a gun cuz we goin shoot some skinnys.
>>
>>18730007
Eh, I come from a family of drunks who wallow in their own misery, be like a tanner family reunion. But yea the plight of the natives is kinda sad I just don't really get the wanna be liberal white superman. I think we've done enough. Yea, it'd be great if the Indian community was better off but I feel like that's not something us whites can do on our own. And lol thanks for the invite, if I ever get to NM I'll make a thread asking for any anons nearby
>>
>>18729373
did they notice you at all? are you sure someone from the gas station saw you? a lot of old gas stations, the clerk has to manually open up the pumps.
>>
>>18729888
>being that they were here first

actually this is false. sorry to burst your bubble. there are three distinct skeletal types: caucasoid, negroid and mongoloid. native americans fall into the mongoloid skeletal type. the oldest skeleton, by thousands of years, found on north america had caucasoid skeletal type.
>>
>>18730065
that's so inaccurate it hurts
>>
>>18730070
that's fine if you don't believe me. you can research it yourself, though, or keep believing that natives were here first. it's an archeological fact you will learn in any 101 archeological course.
>>
>>18726161
>Illinoise
>new york
>texas
>jibjab
>california
>newland
>florida
>whyoming(more like wide omening)

oh ya and mexico makes 10
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.