[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faustian bargins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (740KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
740KB, 1280x720px
Dd Robert Johnson actually sell his soul to the devil?
>>
>>18725962
Hello. No transaction of this kind has taken place, ever.
>>
I'm going to tell you a true story.

The devil is God and God is the devil.

God was just a 5 year old girl and Satan tricked her, wrote a book claiming to be the real God, and fooled the world.
>>
>>18725962
Which one?
>>
>>18725978
The blues player
>>
File: thedark3.jpg (571KB, 1721x854px) Image search: [Google]
thedark3.jpg
571KB, 1721x854px
>>18725962
>Robert Johnson actually sell his soul to the devil?

I doubt it.

I sold my soul to the devil when I was a kid. I asked God that I would be given knowledge and wisdom like King Solomon. Now I'm a heathen who worships false pagan gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6chUtSef4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpPkp8OGQFI
>>
File: 1483204216580.jpg (513KB, 765x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1483204216580.jpg
513KB, 765x1045px
>>18725976

IMO I don't think you can "sell your soul". I only think that the devil tries to trick you into think you did so you'll bend to evil and do "wickedness" instead of good, and winning in that fashion.

After all that's why you always see him trying to get revenge; he dosen't have a any legal case to sue for breach of contract, because technically your soul belongs to GOD.

I could be wrong though. Only a FOOLISH SAMURAI would ever think of trying to beat "the devil" at his own game.
>>
Why would anyone sell their soul to the devil? I mean that's the worst investment I can think of. They obviously believe in an afterlife and hell.

>I want to be really good at music/rich. I'll just suffer for eternity for it

It'd be like organizing a really nice afternoon in exchange for being hideously tortured to death over the next 50 years only worse. I don't see why this is a popular trope because nobody could be that short sighted.
>>
>>18725998
>nobody could be that short sighted.
You really doubt people and their desperation for fame/fortune
>>
>>18726021
but literally getting tortured for eternity. Like there will always be a tomorrow and it'll be really bad. There's genuinely nothing worse than that and they fully accept this as true, get proof it's true and then go ahead with it? Frankly if they're that vain they deserve it.
>>
>>18725962
I believe he "sold his soul" in a metaphorical way, i.e. the lifestyle he lived, how he went about achieving fame, and what he did with it. Granted, he was very innovative on the guitar for that period of time. I think maybe he used the crossroads story as a metaphor. Or maybe it was some voodoo shit and the only way he could conceive of it was the Xtian concept of "satan"
>>
>>18725962
Oh brother
>>
>>18725985
King Solomon actually came to worship pagan gods later in life.
But yours is just a red herring.
If you really believed in your gods, you wouldn't be calling them "false"!

Besides, the reason King Solomon accepted those other gods was because he was much more open minded than his peers, not because he "was lead into temptation" or shit like that.

Worry not about your "soul".
You're still trapped in between the concepts your former has religion tied you to.
You need to get smarter.
>>
File: mamdb_1.jpg (62KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
mamdb_1.jpg
62KB, 400x272px
Everytime someone claims that he didn't do it, I say go ahead and listen to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRY4fla4ZcI
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.