[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any good skinwalker stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (14KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 216x233px
Anyone got any good skinwalker stories?
>>
>>18725771
Wrong skinwalker
>>
Those guys are creepy. Supposedly the only way to become a Skinwalker is to take a loved one to the Skinwalker tribe and have them kill/eat/rape them.
>>
File: guac.jpg (195KB, 960x727px) Image search: [Google]
guac.jpg
195KB, 960x727px
bump. I love a good skinwalker thread
>>
File: 1460852713956.png (258KB, 604x426px) Image search: [Google]
1460852713956.png
258KB, 604x426px
>>
>>18725771
Skinwalkers aren't real or else people outside of /x/ would care about them and people would have found evidence of them by now. But keep roleplaying, /x/.
>>
File: gayliens.jpg (92KB, 610x739px) Image search: [Google]
gayliens.jpg
92KB, 610x739px
>>18728329
Then... where did the first skinwalker come from?

>>18730140
Why are you here
>>
>>18730146
>Why are you here
There are a multitude of reasons a person might browse X other than skinwalkers. They simply do not exist.
That you would ask why he is in this thread is ridiculous, opinions vary and it is not your place to revoke the right of free speech over apparent wrong forum placement.
>>
>>18730140

Thanks for your attempt to contribute to this thread, though try to bring something new to the table next time other than the rather boring "X isn't real" format.
>>
>>18730140
t. skinwalker
>>
File: OldStories.png (820KB, 1140x751px) Image search: [Google]
OldStories.png
820KB, 1140x751px
>>18730146
>Then... where did the first skinwalker come from?

I don't know much about the /x/ "skinwalker", but I could tell you some things about the native american legends. I worked with some Navajo when I was still living in New Mexico, and we once talked to a Diné holy man about it when we got caught up with stories about skinwalkers. When the native americans talk about skinwalkers, they generally don't say the word skinwalker. There's a bit of derision for the term being a white man's word. The proper term for one is Naagloshi, though again, they rarely say that, but for different reasons. They believe that these old spirits are so evil that they can feed off fear and pain, so natives who take is seriously will avoid saying that name, as both a matter of avoiding bad luck, and avoiding the fear attached to the name. Generally in conversation they'll refer to skinwalkers as Evil, an Old Ghost, a Lost Man, Lost Ghost, things like that.

First thing you should remember if you decide to talk to natives about this is that they take it seriously. The holy man we talked to was my friend's grandfather, so there were definitely positive ties there, but when we just up and asked him about it he got genuinely angry with us. If you're just some stranger they've never met and you come in asking about skinwalkers, they're going to be suspicious as fuck because they think skinwalkers often try to trick people into talking about it, so they can tell which holy men really know what they're talking about (because if a holy man knows the Old Way, he could be a threat to that skinwalker).
>>
>>18730146
>>18733789
Skinwalker can apply to one of two things. The first and most common is a holy man, medicine man, or tribal leader who gained their power through a profane ritual that involves the murder of someone they love and trust, though depending on the legend it can also involve things like treachery, incest, and profaning Holy things. This ritual grants them great vitality and strength, slows or stops their aging, and allows them to change their shape into different animals, but always predatory species. However their crimes and the ritual corrupts their spirit, making them into truly capital fucking letters EVIL, sadistic, cruel, and irredeemable. These people genuinely scare the fuck out of many Navajo. They're very old, very smart, very strong, very fast, can change their shape, often know a corrupted form of Diné magic, and they're EVIL.

The other thing sometimes called "Naagloshi" are the corrupted messengers of the Diyin Dineʼé or "Holy People", basically messengers from demigod ancestors, somewhat analogous to angels. These messengers had a specific job to do in the Navajo creation myth, but some of them refused to leave the earth when their task was done, and their refusal led to arrogance and cruelty, as they had defied the Good commands of the Holy People. These messengers have great power, but that power turned evil when they turned their backs on the Holy people, and supposedly these corrupt beings, these first Naagloshi taught the first "human naagloshi" the ritual that allowed them to gain their power. These things make human Naagloshi look like a joke. They're thousands of years old, superhuman in every way, can shape change into any animal, and depending on what legend you believe, they're either incredibly difficult to kill or outright immortal.
>>
>>18730146
>>18733789
>>18733795
The only way the Navajo know of stopping them is when a holy man either uses the Old Way to bind the creature, or if they can trap it, hurt it enough that it weakens, and drive it away through force, though that is rarely attempted.

As a disclaimer here, I don't know if I believe this stuff. Never seen any evidence, never asked for any because it seemed disrespectful, but the Diné sure as hell believe it, to the point where they don't even like talking about it. Make of this what you will.

But, this
>Skinwalker is to take a loved one to the Skinwalker tribe and have them kill/eat/rape them.
Is probably an altered/different version of the story of the original inhuman Naagloshi teaching the "human" naagloshi how to shapeshift.
>>
>>18730146
>That WWN
I own that issue. I saw it checking out at a Vons YEARS ago and absolutely had to own it.
>>
I have one if anyone is interested?
Happened about three years back while I was passing from cambridge to ely on a train.

Though the story is probably more similar to a doppleganger.
>>
>>18733841
Sure, let's hear it.
>>
>>18733860
Alright

>taking train from cambridge to ely
>just manged to catch the last train at 00:10
>i'm the only one in the cart, there is two more people in the next one over.
>ticket guy comes over, mid forties, rough-shaven and overweight.
>hand him my ticket and he trods off back to the front of the train.
>as we near the halfway stop he starts pacing up and down, watching as the two other people get off.
>sweating and looking nervous.
>paces down to mine and just hangs around. The train starts to move again and he even sighs like he is relived.
>he just hangs around for a few mins untill he notices me watching him.
>marches down and asks to see my ticket. I pass it back and he huffs, apologizes and walks back to the front.
>as we near the second to last stop he paces back down to the back of the train again.
Cont.
>>
>>18733900
Lurking
>>
>>18733900
>he walks through the doors and asks if this is my stop
>i say no and he nods, walking off muttering to himself "good, good.."
>his breathing is heavy like he has just ran a 100m sprint. His shirt has patches of sweat under the arms.
>he hangs around near the door and tries to hit me with small talk. His voice sounds like he is trying to tense up his whole body, strained and forced.
>breathing is irregular and keeps asking me qiestions like "am i meeting anyone" and what my weekend plans are" (after i told him I was going to ely for the weekend)
>the second to last stop and he stops mid sentence and lightly 'jogs' down the train. I peek through to door windo and see him watching another person leave.
>his fists are clenched and his stance is uneasy.
>i realise im the only one on the train untill another guy walks in.
>he sits in my cart.
Cont.
>>
>>18733942
>older guy, around late forties but built. Sits down and puts his head back with his eyes closed, obviously trying to tune-out
>the ticket guy comes down, but he is not sweaty or exasperated. Asks for the other guys ticket with a bored look.
>nods to me as he turns back around and walks off.
>about five mins later the ticket guy comes back, sweaty and breathing heavily with a different shirt on like he just changed.
>asks for the other guys ticket. He says that he already checked it. The ticket guy insists on re-checking and the older guy shrugs him off.
>ticket guy starts shifting his weight on one leg to the next, sounding whiney as he asks for the guys ticket.
>the guy oblidges and the ticket guy reads it over and turns on his heel. Looks at me and asks for my ticket. I hand it to him and he once again reads it over. His eyes are bloodshot and wide. He is reading it like he needs to memorise a damn launch code.
>hands it to me and leaves again.
>as the final stop nears I get my shit and wait at the door. The doors open and I step of onto the platform as i see fatty mc ticket watching me with an stressed expression.
>halfway down the platform I hear him call me back, saying i forgot my coat. I can see the other guy I was with walking in my direction.
>ticket guy starts to shout louder "hey, get back I 'need' you to take your coat please"
>blank him, my coat was cheep and i will be damned if i go back.
>as i near the turn, towards the front of the train, i see the ticket guy, not sweating and leaning against an open door. Gives a nod as he holds a cup.

Fuck was this shit guys?
>>
>>18733997
What i don't understand is why the 'original' ticket guy not hear the creepy ticket guy hear his own voice across the platform. Granted he was on the other side as I rounded the front of the train but still...

Anyway thats my story. Fucked if i know what that shit was but it stopped me from taking the train for months
>>
>>18733997
Well I see three possibilities.

One, it was a dude trying to work on getting his body into and out of a rested state quickly, which seems unlikely, but is possible.

Two, goatman. Seems unlikely, because I've never heard of them in cities, and I don't know if you brits get those things, but the twitching, the nervousness, the mood swings, the tensing and untensing, that fits the goatman stories pretty well.

Three, doppelganger. Don't know much about them desu.
>>
>>18734060
Google says they show up because of one of three things...

The first is the death of their copy.
The second is a disaster of sone kind.
The third is 'misfortune' to the loved ones of the original or the original themselves.
>>
>>18733789
>>18733795
>>18733803

That's crazy. Thanks for posting.
>>
C'mon guys. I'm bored, nothing good is on, and I want a good story. Please...I'm stuck on my phone with a bunch of fags that thinks The Walking Dead is still worth watching....
>>
>>
>>18734136

What the fuck?
>>
>>18733795
Any books on the subject you'd recommend, or is this the sort of thing that's typically so reserved and private as knowledge that that's not really a thing?
>>
>>18734164
Been a minute since I've seen that pic specifically, but if memory serves, it's a pair of pants in a museum somewhere made of human leather
>>
>>18736042
Why does it has foreskin?
>>
>>18730146
While OP is hopefully asking about Navajo skinwalkers which are a legend, the generic /x/ skinwalkers have nothing to do with them. Instead they seem to be an amalgamation of other spoopy things such as the wendigo, some kind of shapeshifter/skinstealer, and some pastas include some rake-y characteristics.
>>
>>18736046
Never noticed that before, no clue, actually, but goddamn I'm glad I'm drunk or I'd find that disturbing

One of these articles might help, pulled up a quick google on it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/25/necropants-iceland-human-skin-trousers-rich-picture_n_4163741.html

Looks like, per this source (http://www.ibtimes.com/necropants-made-dead-human-skin-display-iceland-museum-nsfw-photo-1444724):

>Legend has it that the macabre necropants were worn by 17th century sorcerers who believed the pants possessed magical powers and would bring them wealth and luck. By placing a coin inside the scrotum of the human khakis, the wearer was promised an endless flow of money “into the scrotum so it will never be empty.”
>>
>>18736062
>necropants
what's its stats and is it a droppable item or obtained through a quest?
>>
>>18733997
Tanuki.
>>
File: 1432889815023.jpg (53KB, 652x426px) Image search: [Google]
1432889815023.jpg
53KB, 652x426px
>>
>>18733997
Good story, actually sounds legit
>>
>>18736538
kek
>>
>>18736178
I don't know the stats of necropants, but I did just get a pair of soiled trousers in Grim Dawn that literally give me the ability to throw shit at enemies.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.