[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question about hearing voices when meditating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Alex_Grey-Cosmic_Christ.jpg (215KB, 729x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey-Cosmic_Christ.jpg
215KB, 729x1000px
The other day I decided to try meditating. I was sitting on my couch in complete silence, just watching my thoughts. After about twenty minutes I started to hear muffled speech, I continued to not focus on it, and the less I focused the clearer the voices got. It was children's voices. Two of them having a conversation about me. They started off saying things like "he's got to love hearing us" and giggling, then they started communicating in humpback whale songs. I did hear a deeper voice at one point say something like "my spine is coming out" but it was very muffled and distant sounding.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
>>
i musta been too loud
>>
>>18724600
Yeah. When you meditate, you take your brain waves down. You got down lower than normal, to where you were on the verge of dreaming.

You can get the same effect if you're on the verge of falling asleep sitting up and bonk back out. You can get a scrap of partly-formed dream, usually just a few words out of context or an image.

Of course it's not impossible that it was something psychic and you were experiencing clairaudience. I just think it's the less likely explanation.
>>
>>18724626

That's interesting. And that's exactly what it felt like. Like I was hearing a dream while being mostly awake. Thanks for the insight!
>>
Auditory hallucinations are common while transitioning into astral projection
>>
In the creakings of doors, I hear voices of residents past.
>>
>>18724626
god damn anon, rare to see a response as logical as this on /x/
>>
Hi OP idk if you are still here but I have this too. The actual term for it is called hypnagogic hallucinations

Until I realized it was a thing I legit thought I was starting my descent into madness

Also I recommend you do mindful meditation as your first meditation. But thats just me
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.