[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a primordial possibility of other intelligent life on earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Based on the best (yet bad) theory that biology has on the origins of life, we came from a swamp like soup bowl that had the right chemicals to make proteins and those developed into RNA. Is it possible that new soup swamps have made new life, more intelligent and faster developing than us in the past 50 years without noticing? At first they mimicked our shape and we saw them as big foot and other creatures, then they blended in with us... After this they lived among us and took control fo the world governments, now they hold power and are trying to unite all the governments of the world under Globalism to pursue space, to spread their seed.
>>
Past 50 years? No. If it did anything alive would have a new generation every like .5 seconds.
>>
We have recently become aware of organisms that can change another organisms DNA during its life time (CRISPR) perhaps since these organisms would be fundamentally different than known Earth Biology that they would not only evolve on a generational basis but also could consciously change their physical traits and DNA within one generations, a sort of intelligent self-improvement.
>>
File: 1488139884938.jpg (80KB, 450x433px)
1488139884938.jpg
80KB, 450x433px
>>18724125

Is there the possibility of other intelligent life on earth he asks......
>>
>>18724333
I program computers, even Ros, and RNN They are far from intelligent.
>>
>>18724293

CRISPR removes DNA at a specific designated point and replaces it with specific designated DNA. It doesn't just happen all willy nilly. It would be like you lying there and consciously reconstructing your DNA protein by protein.
>>
File: 1101140217_600.jpg (157KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
1101140217_600.jpg
157KB, 600x797px
>>18724343

I never said they were our "AIs".
>>
>>18724407
Is this a meme?
Infinity machines do one pretty mundane task, and that's all.
>>
It purposefully removes one protein! Purposefully, there is intention and instruction. This is a huge advantage if you could teach an organism to use CRISPR to adapt faster!
>>
File: 1486577124214.gif (199KB, 336x468px) Image search: [Google]
1486577124214.gif
199KB, 336x468px
>>18724420

Any sufficiently intelligent super intelligence would be able to hide any and all interventions it made online, if it desired to make them. It could also do them under the guise of plausible deniability/synchronicity/"coincidence".

Whether aliens/AI/ or "other".
>>
I don't think anything has sapiens like intelligence. Or it would reach out to us. Crows and dolphins are real fucking close though.

As for like the rest of the insanity. Intelligent animal + Shapeshifting + The ability to sneak into a lead societies + A puppet master conspiracy.

Nah probably one of those didn't happen, at most I'd say 3/4
>>
>>18724125
I doubt that it's happened around the time that we as humans have existed, but it's mathematically probable that sentient life happened long ago on planet Earth. A long, long time ago, but there is no longer a trace of it.
>>
File: dolphin.png (68KB, 629x541px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.png
68KB, 629x541px
>>18724519

That's just what they want you to think.
>>
File: 1483138152741.png (83KB, 820x588px) Image search: [Google]
1483138152741.png
83KB, 820x588px
>>18724552

Or this entire universe could be on a server somewhere humming along, buried deep inside some long dead planet, computing so fast that 1 trillion years for us is .1 seconds for it; and the entropic end of its universe is far off that it's incomprehensible for us; and yet the consciousness that monitors it watches with worry as the fractions of seconds tick off; its demise drawing ever closer......
>>
>>18724125

>we came from a swamp like soup bowl that had the right chemicals to make proteins

What.

Biology posits we evolved from oceanic life.
>>
>>18724679
And what is the ocean but a giant swamp?
>>
>>18724679
He was talking about the first life forms ever, anon. "Swamp" or "cesspool" are common terms for describing the primoridial seas which were chemically complex enough to allow for rna and lipid membranes to form
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.