[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing Persons thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: 67l7dg.jpg (109KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
67l7dg.jpg
109KB, 368x375px
Post the most interesting cases of missing people:

>Calico left her house on Brugg Street in Belen, New Mexico to go on a bike ride at 09:30 on the morning of September 20, 1988. She took her mother's bike because her own was damaged. She was last seen riding her mother's neon pink Huffy mountain bicycle with yellow control cables and sidewalls on Highway 47 in Valencia County, at approximately 11:45 a.m. Calico biked the route daily during her routine 36-mile ride.
Around 11:45, witnesses observed a 1953 Ford pickup truck, dirty white or light gray -in color, with a white homemade shell, following Tara, who was wearing headphones, down the unpopulated stretch of highway where she was riding, but no one saw the abduction. The bike, a pink Huffy, has never been found. She was 2 miles from home at the time of the sighting. The small, cracked plastic window of the Sony Walkman was recovered 19 miles east of N.M. 47 near the remote John F. Kennedy campground.
Calico's mother believes that her daughter deliberately discarded the items as a way to mark her trail. Detectives also identified bike tracks on the north side of the shoulder of N.M. 47, near the place the cassette tape was found, where a scuffle might have taken place.

The one in the photo could be her.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/257dfnm.html
>>
File: Sodder_family_billboard.jpg (13KB, 220x166px) Image search: [Google]
Sodder_family_billboard.jpg
13KB, 220x166px
Definitely the Sodder children. How do five kids disappear without a trace after a house fire on X-mas Eve? Sadly, people think they were sold into sex slavery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodder_children_disappearance
>>
>>18723786
This sorta thing blows my mind in the most unsettling way. For one, I consider the reality that at this very moment, there are people, in my country, who are being held captive and are utterly terrified. They live in a world very different from mine. A hell. But this hell isn't separate from my world. And its present, right now as I type. There are people dealing with the unimaginable mind-fuck of being held in terrible conditions, by complete strangers, in a location that they don't know. They may be there for the rest of their lives. That's what life will be for them. That's all it will have ever been for them. This brings me to the next disturbing realization. There are people out there who have been "missing"....for my entire life. Or longer. While I have been growing up, going to school, learning, making friends, falling in love, and developing as a person. They have been in hell.
>>
doenetwork member here, ama.
>>
>>18724651
Are most missing people runaways?
>>
>>18724682
that depends. teenagers who went missing for a short amount of time, yes. but if they're gone for months or years they're most likely already dead.
>>
hot! the girl
>>
>>18724713
Oh. So its not usual for people to be kept alive for extended periods of time?
>>
>>18724651
You ever think that some missing people were abducted by aliens and are alive on differenr planets at the moment?
>>
>>18724745
no.
>>18724747
not answering troll questions.
>>
File: image_7_0.jpg (20KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
image_7_0.jpg
20KB, 720x400px
Damn, I can't remember her name now.
Laticia something. She was a young, gorgeous, college educated black chick who turned up dead in Laguna Beach. She had been suffering from some mental health issues.
After her body was discovered a mural popped up depicting what appeared to be her having sex.
Though police were blamed, and their work was sketchy as hell, many believe this mural was trying to tell us that she had been sold into sexual slavery.
Anyone know who I'm talking about??

It fascinates me in part because I found 0 discussion of the mural online. Just other shady circumstances surrounding her death.
>>
>>18724576
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Castro_kidnappings#Perpetrator_background

Your neighbors could be holding sex slaves.
>>
File: tookjohnny.jpg (61KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tookjohnny.jpg
61KB, 540x304px
Pic related has now been recommended to you.
>>
That's just in: Forensics officers locked down a neighborhood in western France on Wednesday, searching for traces of a family that disappeared, leaving behind a bloody cell phone, stripped beds and a home where “time froze.”

http://www.doenetwork.org/forum/index.php?topic=146079.0
>>
>>18724929
public source: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/01/mystery-france-what-happened-troadec-family/
>>
>>18724576

I've often wondered what's the worse long term torture anybody has ever been subjected to. Have you ever heard of the murder of Junko Furuta? Basically these guys kept a girl alive for 40 days, torturing her the entire time. I wonder if there's ever been a case where somebody kept somebody alive for many years on end, torturing them like this. I wonder if there comes a point where you've been tortured so long you just die from psychological trauma.
>>
>>18724745
>>18724753
i mean, we can't really get real statistics on this now can we?
>>
>>18724753
What's the weirdest/strangest case you've seen?
>>
File: joly-derocher.-luke-2016.jpg (53KB, 706x479px) Image search: [Google]
joly-derocher.-luke-2016.jpg
53KB, 706x479px
On this day 6 years ago one of my friends disapppearred. Luke Joly Durocher was last seen leaving Cecil's Eatery after being denied admission because of his level of intoxication. He was with 4 other people, who I knew and still know. They went in and he left to one of their apartments, where his coat and cellphone were found... but he wasn't. His debit card was then found a week later, in a snowbank just down the road. The security cameras at Cecil's show him walking away from the bar and various other businesses piece in a timeline, but it doesn't add up. This guy was my friend, and it's the 6th anniversary since anybody knew anything about his whereabouts... how do these things happen? If anybody wants more info, I'll be refreshing the page for a lil while... there are some interesting tidbits about disinformation, what we as friends think happened, and even a psychics view if anybody wants to prod. Everybody just wants you home, buddy.
>>
>>18727382
It's Durocher as you say or Derocher as the picture's name tells me?
>>
>>18727400
Media mispells his name as Luc and Derocher, but it's Luke Joly-Durocher.
>>
>>18727382
I'd like to hear what your friends and the psychic thought about the disappearance.
>>
>>18727423
A psychic was called upon not knowing anything about Ontario, or Luke, or the area, and brought up a few details that stuck with the skeptics. Firstly, the dogs were led to a creek where they traced his scent, but nothing was pulled from the creek. Unbeknownst to the psychic. she also mentioned seeing the word "sherbrooke" in her vision, which was later shortened to Brooke. A brooke is the body of water that the dogs were led to... but what they don't account for was that the apartment they were staying at was on a street called Sherbrooke. The psychic says she felt negative energy associated with him, and a fight or flight response. Luke was known to have medical problems throughout his life, and was diabetic despite only being 19 at the time of his disappearance. This would coincide with the crash that diabetics feel when they can't regulate their bodies. The psychic stuff is all published online, it's the only one of it's sort and will be found if google it, it's all there. As for our friends, we knew that he sold drugs. That's the only hard fact. He MAY have been gun-running/meeting an older married woman at a motel/meeting somebody to pay off a debt/ because these were all said at the time of disappearance and most have truth to them. But what are the chances that you run into somebody you owe money to in the hour it takes to walk a main street at night? 2 women went to jail 2 years ago for disinformation about what happened to them, and the police were sent on a goosechase all over my town and the town they were partying in.
>>
>>18727485
Friend,i hope you come to find him soon.I'm just a normal guy though,no psychic stuff for me to report in.I'll pray for your buddy,godspeed anon
>>
>>18727485
We, as friends, all know he is dead. The idea that one of us knew more, or could have done or said something, truly tore apart a small community which is still on the path to recovery. Guy gets picked up, tied up, beaten, accidently too hard (or not?) and the body needs to be disposed of. To add insult to injury, a few of his closest friends moved in on his hot younger sister because he wasn't in the picture, and now it's taboo to talk about him. People hurt and will probably never stop hurting over this, and it bothers me that his name is remembered for the raw emotions it invokes, instead of the good memories he leaves behind.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/sixth-anniversary-of-disappearance-of-luke-joly-durocher-551465
>>
>>18724929
>and a home where “time froze.”
My late uncle's house had a room like that, there was a fire in like 1989 and he just left it the way it was for 15 years. He also may or may not have murdered a couple people but that's unrelated.
>>
File: electronica.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
electronica.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
he hasn't released anything since 2010
>>
>>18724839
Man, this is too fucking sad for me.
>>
>>18727485
>He MAY have been gun-running/meeting an older married woman at a motel/meeting somebody to pay off a debt/ because these were all said at the time of disappearance and most have truth to them.
So did you tell the police about these plans that you knew about on the night of his disappearance?
>>
>>18723786
theory is that some kids hit her with their car and she was later raped and killed. hid in a body of water.

the people responsible have since died and people are talking since they were well connected with law enforcement.
>>
>>18726763
no, nothing you can rely on.
>>
>>18727382
case file: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4862dmon.html
>>
>>18726793
there are many cases with a "weird" undertone, personally for me it's this guy: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/454umoh.html
>>
>>18729529
How do you keep mentally healthy in the wake of such a depressing and exhausting line of work?
>>
>>18729641
i guess the same way law enforcement does: part distance, part fascination, curiosity. also, since it's volunteers work, you can take breaks.
>>
>>18729660
Sounds fair. A particularly nasty true story can fuck me up for weeks.
>>
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agMkHrmAgzY
>>
>>18729701
yeah, pretty much. since i have kids, cases like endangered missing children, non-parental abduction or dumped newborns hit close to home for me.
>>
>>18727382
What is his ethnicity?
>>
>>18727382
seems like a pretty cool dude
>>
>>18727382
Lol dude he's dead.
>>
File: WHAT1.jpg (175KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT1.jpg
175KB, 1200x1200px
>>18724576
Yeah, whenever I read about some of these unsolved kidnappings, these thoughts always come to my mind. Amy Lynn Bradley especially; helped by the fact that there appear to be quite a few different alleged sightings of her since her disappearance, and yet no one has helped her.

>>18725306
I remember one of the big name serial killers---I want to say Dahmer, but I could be wrong---had this one prisoner where he would do things like drip bleach into his eyes and anally rape him repeatedly for a very long time. The poor bastard finally died by bleeding out from the anal wounds. It's fucking horrifying.
>>
>>18724929
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39122315

Read about this earlier in the week.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39172121

Looks like there's some potential progression on it, with arresting two other family members that may be involved, since apparently the son's car was found outside their home. Hopefully they'll be found safe.
>>
File: MauraMurrayin2003.jpg (30KB, 336x360px) Image search: [Google]
MauraMurrayin2003.jpg
30KB, 336x360px
Maura Murray disappeared the evening of February 9, 2004, after crashing her car on Route 112 in Haverhill, New Hampshire. A nursing student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Murray left campus early that afternoon after packing her car and emailing her professors and work supervisor that she was taking a week off due to a family emergency. No family emergency existed. Due to her preparations and a lack of evidence of foul play, police investigators initially suggested she may have wanted to disappear and treated her case as a missing persons investigation, but her family and friends have maintained she was abducted.

112dirtbag
This video was uploaded by "112dirtbag" on Feb 8, 2012, just before the anniversary of Maura Murray's disappearance. It was taken down hours later. 112 was the number of the street she disappeared on. Furthermore, Maura's father said that she might have been kidnapped by "some dirtbags," in an interview. What purpose this video serves to the case is unknown. Decide for yourself. The man who may potentially be involved laughing maniacally in a dark room.

https://youtu.be/4R3qMrNMSRY
>>
>>18727382
>Someone gets denied entry
>Everyone just leaves him

Shit friends
>>
>>18733113
112dirtbag is mentally handicapped. The idea that he has anything to do with this is pure fantasy mostly on his part.

Her actions seem methodical when she disappeared so probably a variation on faking her own death.
>>
>>18727638
He was on Colouring Book you idiot
>>
Does anyone have the black and white picture of the two people wearing devil like masks and holding a kid in between them?
>>
>>18732160
Insensitive bastard
>>
File: france-family-missing.jpg (38KB, 810x273px) Image search: [Google]
france-family-missing.jpg
38KB, 810x273px
>>18724931
>http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/01/mystery-france-what-happened-troadec-family/

kidnapped and murdered by muslim gang or albanians.
>>
>>18734734
why not both?
>>
File: Amy_Lynn_Bradley.jpg (12KB, 205x270px) Image search: [Google]
Amy_Lynn_Bradley.jpg
12KB, 205x270px
What about Amy Lyn Bradley? I never see anyone post her in these threads but her case scares the shit out of me.

>kidnapped off a cruise ship in 1998
>sold into sex slavery in Curaçao
>people see her up and down the Carribean for years
>her family goes to Dr. Phil to talk about the disappearance
>someone emails her parents pictures of her in lingerie

Just the fact that people have seen her so often and she still hasn't been rescued fucks me up.
>>
>>18724768
>gorgeous, college educated black chick
Impossible
>>
>>18735967
I mentioned her earlier in the thread. Her case is one of the most uncomfortable to me because, like you said, so many alleged sightings and yet know one has helped her.
>>
>>18735981
Ebin XD

Have an upboat good sir!
>>
>>18735967
>Just the fact that people have seen her so often and she still hasn't been rescued fucks me up.

Because you're an ignorant and credulous fool, like nearly every poster on /x/, you can't understand that most people report seeing her AFTER the fact.

No one looks at some woman during their Caribbean vacation and says "Hey, that's Amy Lyn Bradley!" Instead, they take a Caribbean vacation, see tens of thousands of people, go home, sometime later see a story about Bradley, and say "I think I saw her..."

I've a female relative who seriously claimed she'd seed an abducted child after watching some TV show. Trouble is the abduction had occurred 8 years earlier and she described a kid who looked like a picture from the time of the abduction.

I believe that some group of assholes most likely lured/forced Bradley into prostitution through drugs and intimidation. That happens all the time worldwide. It's how women are "recruited" into prostitution. I don't believe that Bradley was kidnapped off the cruise ship.

She walked off of her own free will and was then prevented from going back aboard. She was lured into a situation by the "exciting bad boy" too many women are too stupid to avoid, was first coaxed then coerced into increasingly dangerous choices and actions, and soon found herself a captive whore.

She stepped into the trap. What happened shouldn't have happened to anyone, but she stepped into it through a combination of stupidity and naivety.
>>
>>18724819
Interesting case, thanks
>>
>>18723786
hey wait what was she reading there
i think it might be a sequel to the book im reading
>>
>>18723786
What horrifies me the most isn't the fact that people go missing.

It's the fact that, right now, in almost every town in the entire world, there is at least one sick evil fuck who has or will at some point abduct and murder someone.

They are literally everywhere, and some are just opportunistic. They go out for a drive, see a kid on a bike and decide then and there for the first time ever to kidnap and murder the kid.
>>
>>18737978
Dude, chill. It's pretty accepted that she was probably sold into sex slavery and is probably alive. Regardless of if the reports of her being seen were after the fact or not, the photos sent to her parents are pretty freaky and several accounts of her being alive and seen after her abduction are enough to at least make you raise an eyebrow.
>"No one saw Amy leave the ship, although a Curacao cab driver would later tell her father that she approached his cab on the morning of her disappearance and said she needed to get to a telephone."
There's also instances of people claiming she's told them her name, again as you said, easily mistakable or faked, but still, it's interesting to think about.
And Amy Bradley was kidnapped during the cruise. She wasn't some dumb girl who wandered off when they docked. She vanished while she went outside of her cabin to smoke, was immediately reported missing, THEN the ship docked despite the crew being on duty to prevent people from leaving the ship.
>>
File: dopefish.gif (9KB, 523x486px) Image search: [Google]
dopefish.gif
9KB, 523x486px
>>18740099
There are people trapped in basements right now who will never escape. Do you think "freedom" is worth it?
>>
I read this somewhere once.

>Some nice late 20's year old women got an office job.
>like sometime in the 70's
>She starts freaking out. Getting kinda paranoid but, never says what her problem is.
>goes missing.
>First guy comes to her cubicle.
>Sees a book with a knife through it through middle of book.
>The part of the book was about some guy kidnapping a women at knife point.

Never found anything of her after that.

And...

NAMUS has a few creepy stories if you care long enough to dig through the typical and the commonly tragic.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15784/1
>>
>>18740318
srry just got here and hadn't read what you were replying to
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.