[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devotees of Lilith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 3

File: lilith-de-john-collier.jpg (355KB, 493x1085px) Image search: [Google]
lilith-de-john-collier.jpg
355KB, 493x1085px
Any devotees of Lilith on this board? I want to know of personal experiences. I've been working with her for a long time now and one thing always peeks through. She is strong willed and wants sincerity with her or she'll fuck you up
>>
>>18721104
I've been sincere with my intent on wanting the company of one of her daughters. What may I be doing wrong?
>>
>>18721135
What is your reason for wanting this company? If it's purely "I wanna demon waifu" then she's not gonna give up her daughter. If the reasons are relating to sex magic and wanting to grow along those lines the perhaps you need to make those intentions known better and whatnot
>>
>>18721104
She is a coward who fights from the shadows. You are working with a demon. It will not be forgiven. In fact, you may as well just carry on.
>>
>>18721104
Adam/Satoshi here

She knows she's fucked, so much so she's hiding in a male body
>>
>>18721163
I want a demon soulmate is part of the reason, but not entirely. I also want her to help me become the person I want to be while provide for her what she needs from me so that we can grow stronger together and further out bond.
>>
>>18721104
Not exactly a devotee, but I ended up working with one of her daughters on a job back in 09 with this piss poor excuse for a practitioner who'd *somehow* attracted her notice, despite his seeming inability to succeed at anything. The daughter ended up taking a liking to me, and I spent the better part of 3 months dodging her till she lost interest.

Don't imagine I'll ever be making any pacts or anything like that, but her daughters are interesting, to say the very least.
>>
>>18721269
You were working with one? What? I have so many questions. Who HIRES a DoL? How would you hire one? The fuck would you pay her?
>>
>>18721269
How did you do it please?
>>
>>18721301
No, she wasn't the one that was hired.

Long story short I was doing some contract work for a PMC working to preserve some ritual components for transportation (a lot of them were fragile and biological, so you can't exactly just toss them on a plane and send them wherever), and the "magic practitioner" I was supposed to be working with on that job was basically just a fucking neckbeard computer programmer paraplegic who'd made a contract with two entities who mostly did the work for him.

One of them was a self proclaimed Daughter of Lilith who took a "liking" to me, with reasoning that can basically be summed up as, "Oh your life has been total dogshit but you're still functioning? Let's make it even worse!"

Honestly, she was okay to be around, but she had a twitch factor of 11, and even though she talked pretty and seemed to like me, she did everything in her power to make my job harder, to the point where I once had to leave because she'd almost overwhelmed my passive warding with what I'm guessing were curses, hexes, or whatever you want to call an invocation of entropy designed to skew probability against my wishes.

If she'd just been a normal human woman, I might have asked her out to dinner, but the whole, "Walking bad luck charm that follows you around for two months" thing was a deal breaker.

>>18721322
I don't know, I wasn't the one who made a pact with her, I was just working with the guy that did.
>>
>>18721261
maybe there are things you must learn before she will grant you one? Either that or you're so ugly not even a demon finds you attractive
>>
>>18721337
Eh, I wouldn't call be the best looking guy in the world but I have no problem getting regular dates. I'm just a bit picky about who I would consider settling down with or investing anything more that a couple dates into.

I'll try to be clearer in my next attempts and see if that works.
>>
>>18721135
>>18721322
You don't want to be around one of her daughters. They have this... Okay, for lack of a less pretentious way to put it, an "aura of creepiness". You know that feeling you sometimes get when you're walking alone at night and you're certain something is watching you? Yeah, take that, and turn it up to eleven. Granted, it won't really affect you unless you're sensitive to energy, and I've heard that some older, more experienced practitioners can shield themselves against it with wards or by simple force of Will, but still, not a good idea to have one around all the time, as you'll NEVER be able to relax.

Of course, you shouldn't ever relax around an entity like that anyway, but you get my point.
>>
Would fuggg
>>
>>18721336
Not talking about you, just a general statement to add to what you said.
>Be degenerate 'underachiever'
>I wants seks and magic FAST
>Ooooh a succubus will be done just finer
>Actually learns 'magick'
>Learning curve gradually either turns you schizo or at some point it'll slow down
>Learn that for all they've taught you, you shall pay
>Nope.jpg
Never summoned a DoL, do have a 'succubus' though, it's 'love' related, you wouldn't understand.
Through this succubus, willingly let entities, mostly demonic, farm my loosh for insight on myself and the spiritual. FeelsGoodMan
Also I've basically getting so used to living contempt that it's a state of bliss for me at this point.
True magic comes from within, I just kinda get guided to literature through, what some would call, synchronicity. Also got succ'd once in dreamscape by a demon. What's funny though is that she was fat, I like how they're super ironic about my 'pan'sexuality.
TL;DR: Demons are cool, don't fuck with them, ever. They'll come to you, and when they do, embrace that 'fear'. On the other hand, if you know what you're doing, GOETIA IS THE WAY.
Summon a DoL, what's the worst that can happen, right?
Also consider this
>Be higher entity
>Need to have sexual relation to trash for some godforsaken reason
>Trash stops being useful
>DISPOSEOFTRASH.JPEG
You don't WANT to know how many people have turned schizo because of shit like this. Also you could never tell anyone in the mental ward, they would just deem you even crazier. EHEHEHEHEHE HOW FUN
Also, don't just DO goetia. STUDY IT.
>>
>>18721358
The thing about Lilith and her daughters is that they are looking for people they can put their fullest trust in. You have to build trust with them because they want to take you on a very powerful spiritual journey through the darker realms and show you the shadow side of everything. If you aren't read for that then they aren't going to want you for any particular reason
>>
>>18721436
Or... And I know this is crazy, but hear me out...

Or you DON'T interact with a demon without any wards or protection. Jesus, use protection people. Demons are generally some form of predatory, so for the same reason you don't walk out into the jungle and try to stick your dick in a tiger, you don't just whistle up an entity and let it take over your life.

Basic warding isn't even hard to do, and if you're willing to get your hands dirty and spend some money, you can have some fairly substantial wards up within a month of practice.

I swear, 99% of these amateur/recreational practitioners who go insane or get killed would still be fine now if they just took some precautions. I have ZERO magical talent or affinity, but I've been doing ritual work for PMCs for 14 years now, and only twice have I ever been around an uncontained entity.

Use protection kids. If you don't, you tend to get driven insane, murdered, raped, eaten, or any number of messed up shit.
>>
>>18721473
>this
>>
>>18721458
>Summon a DoL, what's the worst that can happen, right?
You end up a mentally ill cripple lying in an alleyway because you can't afford a hospital anymore, and somehow she keeps making things worse because she loves you too much to stop?
>>
>>18721261
This shit is NOT what Lillim want. Trust me I know.
>>
>>18721473
I have my faith, God will protect me. I'm trying to make my spirit 'ward' subconsciously. I'm very meticulous about magick just being something I can do subconsciously, so I'm trying to 'meme' it up without polluting it with 'this is how you sigil or ward, this has this intent and that has this intent' or just put your intent into your own sigil. My intent should be my will, nothing more, nothing less.
Some daemons don't want to talk to you if you ward, or don't take you 'seriously', because you're not trusting them/taking them seriously. But that depends on the entity, the lower scum that basically anyone, and most basic nerds will summon, are always horny for your fear, so obviously you ward for those rituals I guess.
If you were summoning, say princes of hell, or Satan himself.
First off, they would obliterate your wards in one unit of time, ofc they wouldn't come, but lets say.
But they would also spank your ass THOROUGHLY for thinking that your mere human 'understanding' could capture something like that, what they don't get is, hmmm where dos scriptures come from, I wonder.
They're like a 15g dried mushroom trip more or less. Destined to go wrong, can be a very beautiful and informative experience, though.
>>18721503
Spot on.
>>18721461
No, they're looking for desperate faggots, that would also stay loyal. Obviously there's not a huge demand for those kinds of people, hence why they're going no where else than being used as sluts. A hearty 'HA HA suck it' Lillith, from here. Literally.
>>
>>18721524
What do they want?
>>
>>18721595
Bloody hell... You do realize that the whole "subconscious wards" thing is basically about as useful as "natural remedies" in medicine, right? It's basically just a placebo that will help you a *bit* against certain highly specific conditions, but by and large is a terrible first line of defense?

There's a reason you don't see any corporations or PMCs using that method. Once you have lots of aggregated statistical data to work with, you can pretty quickly figure out what works and what doesn't. Intent and focus do matter, yes, but that's true in almost every part of life, and it doesn't mean you don't use every advantage you can get. We have access to information and technology. USE THEM.

Your setup should have three layer containment at the very least: a containment circle for the entity, a ward circle for yourself, and a larger dual warding/containment circle containing the two, because if that demon gets free, you're responsible for any harm it causes, because YOU brought it into the world. It's also generally a good idea to have some kind of kill mechanism set up. The one I use is a three stage elemental rig (2.3 million c.volt discharge, a 2000 watt (blessed) UV bulb row, and finally a 3 stage fuel-air explosive laced with half a dozen anathamic elements as a final countermeasure if I truly botch a summoning).

If you don't have the money for expensive equipment, just get creative. I once met a kid who had a three-layer summoning circle made of copper and silver inlaid into his floor, but the whole thing was wired into the local power grid so any entity that broke containment would be eating a few thousand volts. I met a "fortune teller" (who mostly sold magically enhanced narcotics) whose summoning "circle" was INSIDE her computer (yes, a crazy old drug dealer in New Orleans was one of the original innovaters of the virtual PoP).

We aren't villagers with pitchforks anymore. Technology has done a LOT to level the playing field. Use it.
>>
>>18721643
They basically want a male harem although sexually/romantically they're almost always about only the newest addition. They might rarely have a "special night" with one of their orbiters if they're not completely happy with their flavor-of-the-year and haven't yet moved onto someone fresh. Their operation is somewhat similar to traditional "alpha male" behavior but as women they don't have the "yin" energy of their own to keep the whole thing running and have to steal it from their sucked dry thralls. If ever there were real life vampires, it's them.
>>
>>18721595
Friend, just a couple days ago you said you weren't a practicing magician. The you were a Chaos guy, then you bashed it, etc. etc. ad nauseum. It took me longer than that to memorize the Preliminary Invocation ALONE. You sure you're not LARPing, friend? I'm not criticizing but there is no logic or possibility to what I've been observing as your posts.
>>
>>18721104
I'm not afraid of Lilith.
She's not even a demon anymore.
Demons get so many lives to prove themselves worthy of salvation. After a few lives spent suffering, they have the option of becoming a daemon in the next lives, which isn't an angel, nor a demon, but something with both qualities. They can shapeshift and assume new identities, and can fuck a lot of shit up.
Daemons are usually under the supervision of an angel, and after so many lives as a daemon, they can then become angels. And essentially they all do the same shit. Either kill people or save them, and Lilith is shit at doing both.

Lilith is a daemon who works between the archangels Michael and Gabriel. She wants to make you believe she's an angel, but she still has a lot of shit she needs to get together.

Plus, she's already married. The archangel Sam is already born. You guys are really behind.
>>
>>18721257
No she's not. She's in the body of a Native American female.
>>
>>18721693
>If ever there were real life vampires, it's them
Well. I mean, there are about 30 different types of magical practitioners, entities, and even animals who have been called vampires at one time or another.
>>
>>18721363
This, I can confirm, having been around DoL, and Lilith herself.
>>
>>18721757
>personifying entities so much that you ascribe to them things comparable to human personal growth and marriage
Plebeian, please, this isn't an anime. The devil doesn't actually work at a fast food restaurant and have a cute waifu.
>>
>>18721503
Essentially.
>>
>>18721775
What this guy said, except (letting you down more easily.)
>>
>>18721775
I never said they did?

Nice try, my friend, but I know how deep this rabbit hole goes, and no amount of shit tier insults from a frosty fuck cabbage like yourself is going to change the shit I've seen.
>>
>>18721774
I find it highly unlikely you've survived being around Lilith herself. Spending a short amount of time with a DoL almost got me killed, and she didn't even like me that much. If you actually gained enough favor or ill will that you'd end up in Lilith's presence, I really can't imagine many versions of that situation where you'd come out alive.

Were you working with a corporation at the time, or what?
>>
>>18721793
>YOU HAVEN'T SEEN WHAT AAAHV SEEN FAGGET

lol, k
>>
>>18721764
No she isn't
>>
Why is the general consensus of /x/ LILITH AND SUCCUBI BAD I GOT HURT! like, wtf are you guys doing wrong?
>>
>>18721796
>Were you working with a corporation at the time, or what?
Okay, at risk of being ridiculed here, could you explain what exactly the corporations do to get involved with this stuff? The only exposure I've ever had with corps in these circles was Grey hauling off some street shaman type fucker who kept rallying swarms of rats into people's houses.
>>
>>18721834
>Why is the general consensus of /x/ LILITH AND SUCCUBI BAD I GOT HURT! like, wtf are you guys doing wrong?
To put it simply? A combination of a lack of education and a lack of understanding. Most succubi (succubi here being used as a general term, as there are about 50 different types of entity who have been called succubi over the years) aren't really into the sex for the same reason humans are. Again, it's difficult to talk about because we're talking about a wide range of different beings that get labeled succubus, but it's pretty rare you find a demon who's actually just out for a good time, and isn't going to want to take something else from you, but it blood, life force, fortune, energy, whatever.

Generally speaking the only times people have a good experience with a succubus is when you either have a bound entity and you can compel it to do what you want and *only* what you want, or it's when you have a scion (human halfbreed) who you can more safely deal with.
>>
>>18721796
>Spending a short amount of time with DoL almost got me killed.

I'm surprised she didn't actually kill you. But the fact you said she didn't have an interest in you is probably why.
I died after dealing with Lilith. Heart stopped and she didn't even have to touch me. All she had to do was look at me and the next thing I know I'm waking up in the hospital. Brought in as a John Doe. Was the scariest fucking thing I've ever had happen to me.

She takes an interest in you, takes your life to see if your soul has something worth using, like a review of your character and such, and brings you back so they can use you even further.

I've been being used by Lilith for months. She's not scary anymore. More so depressing and causes you to drown your thoughts away in alcohol or drugs.
After you die, you connect with her in a way you've never connected with anyone, and if you do anything she doesn't like, she'll fuck your shit up.
>>
>>18721853
>I'm surprised she didn't actually kill you.
Oh, she couldn't have. She tried, liberally, as basically the entire time I was around here she kept skewing probability against my best wishes, and the stupid fucker who summoned her hadn't bound her with any control method, just a weak killswitch.

Had to renew my wards every single fucking day, which I had to do over my lunch break instead of actually getting to eat anything, so for like two week straight I was working with a fat unprofessional neckbeard twit and the demonic tart he refused to put a leash on.

But yeah, DoLs are actually pretty helpless if you have good wards. Bit of a tangent there.

Although I am curious,
>She's not scary anymore
How did that work? I was around a DoL for about two weeks, and the entire time, I could never relax. Not because she was scary, she really wasn't to be honest, but because she had this aura on unease that made it almost impossible to stay calm. Does the old girl not have that, or did you have some kind of passive ward for it, or what?
>>
>>18721856
March, 15th.
>>
>>18721837
Basically just anywhere there's a profit to be had. Summoning entities can be enormously valuable, whether you're getting information out of them, chopping them up for parts, binding them for labor, or whatever. It's not that common in most western places, as G&co is pretty much the only large corporation that's working with assorted magic in the US, UK, and Canada, and there isn't that much in the far east either, though feng shui practitioners are often consulted when planning buildings, districts, and even entire cities, to make sure they have optimal flow of energy.

Typically corporations will hire people with skillsets that easily translate into some element of magical practice (for example, I was picked up to work on geometric and hexagrammic warding in summoning circles because I have a degree in electrical engineering, so many of the same principles apply), and then they just throw a bunch of money at them and say, "Find a way to make us money with this," and see what happens.

Until the mid 2000's corporations also had a pretty large share of the cleanup market, but the UN put a stop to most of that in 06.
>>
>>18721947
Either a LARPer or developing some seriously shitty karma for doing these things for profit. Where did you learn your tradition, the Donald Trump school of making money off of secret and sacred knowledge?
>>
>>18721685
Is it possible to make a computer program that can summon demons automatically? Has this been done? Are there any especially prominent pros and cons to it?
>>
>>18722034
The modern "corporate" tradition (though I really hate calling it that) was developed primarily as a mix of neo modernism and the scientific method.

And as for bad karma, you can ward against that. During the first few years of corporate practice back in the 60's you did actually see a lot of problems with that kind of thing, but then the Chinks came to the rescue! As you had more people fleeing the political instability in asia during the 50's-80's, you saw more and more practitioners of feng shui, karmic analysis, etc, and people started integrating that into the design of wards and research facilities. For example, the first research facility I ever worked at was built on a ley line in the great lakes region. Most of the negative energy we built up was funneled out by automated cleansings, and flushed out into the ley line, where it's basically piss in a river. It was also aligned with the stars, and had blessed foundations, and a ton of other stuff that we realized over time doesn't actually make a difference, but a lot of the older facilities were build like that.

So while your condescension is appreciated, if you actually tried studying your craft, and put some time and effort into understanding it from an objective standpoint rather than just weeeoooing it as mystic spiritual mumbo jumbo, you'd be able to make some money, and maybe even advance the field of study a bit, but you won't.
>>
>>18721104
Hail unto Thee, Lilya Deval and Mazhiel Deval!
Unto Lilis Zhariel and Hevel Zhiva!
Hail unto Thee, Thou Sisters of Harlotry
And the plow that tills!
Hail unto Thee, Mothers and Fathers of Wytchblood!
>>
>>18721914
>demonic tart
The beauty in this line. Fucking perfect.

And yes. Exactly why she didn't scare me.

After awhile of the uneasiness she brings, you start to get used to the feeling of paranoia and impending doom, and at that point, you kind of learn to ignore it.

It's similar to not doing a particular thing because you know it may result in your death, but accepting the risk because, fuck it, what've you got to lose?
After she brings you back, it's like you've already accepted death and you feel like you can do anything. It's odd, really. Almost empowering, but the feelings are always there. If that makes sense.
>>
>>18722108
Interesting. No, you're right, I don't believe in using it to make a living. I have other skills that are less sacred which I don't feel so bad about prostituting.
>>
>>18722089
>Is it possible to make a computer program that can summon demons automatically?
Yes and no. So far as we know, you'll always need and investment of living energy to attract that kind of entity, and while there are some advancements being made using cloned human tissues/automated animal sacrifice, most intelligent entities can tell the difference between a mechanical summons and a normal summons, and most are smart enough not to come if it's mechanical.

What mechanical summons and virtual environments ARE good for is bringing in very simple or unintelligent entities, sort of like setting out a light to attract bugs.

As for specifically why more intelligent entities don't come to mechanical summons, a Lamaen once explained it to me as follows, though keep in mind she was trying to explain to a magical dud (me, I have ZERO magical affinity or talent, 95% of my practice is structural) how things feel from a spiritual perspective.

Basically, when a mortal calls another being, there's an investment of will in that action. Whether the energy for the summons is provided by an active magical practitioner, or it's an animal sacrifice, or a preinvestment of energy from a ritual object, or whatever, the energy is always "tinted" slightly by the person making the summons. When you remove the human from the process, whether by automated summoning process, or by mechanical animal sacrifice, or whatever, the summons is "weak". Still fully visible and perceivable, but clearly empty. She compared it to seeing a stop sign, but it's in greyscale instead of being red, or smelling a fire, but there's no ash on the warm air; there's just something obviously missing.

Most entities won't come to this kind of summon, which is smart, because if they did, we'd have killed off half the malevolent species out there by summoning them en masse into a kill chamber of some kind.
>>
>>18721104
Whose Lilith tho
>>
>>18722162
>I have other skills that are less sacred which I don't feel so bad about prostituting.
To each their own, and I apologize for being so rude at the end there, I realize it was uncalled for.

Still, I feel it's worth pointing out that describing anything as being sacred in a modern academic or professional magic setting you'd get laughed out of the room. There's a strong push to abandon the older traditions, which are perceived as being superstitious and archaic, especially as more and more of the old "rules" are disproven or circumvented by advances in the field.
>>
>>18722173
Whose? Presumably, humanity's, but that's up for debate, really.
>>
>>18722199
Who is Lilith tho* :^(
>>
>>18722191
Not that it should matter to you, but I have a lot of respect for you responding in that manner, insofar as one can be said to respect an anonymous individual. I'm just so used to everybody RPing all the time that sometimes I get a bit troll-y in my responses. I don't mean sacred in any objective way, but rather after a subjective manner in the sense as having had them entrusted to me as I made (and am still making) progress. I'm more interested in the esoteric than the exoteric anyway, generally speaking.
>>
>>18722169
What else do you know? You've got me intrigued.

Couldn't you have a person trained to summon daemons en masse using programs like this? Or is it outside of the human reach to call out to more than a couple beings at once?

I'm not implying genocide is ideal or even something that should be considered because I know very little of these beings. I'm just genuinely curious.
>>
>>18722235
Google.com
>>
>>18722255
Out of curiosity, are you an active practitioner, or is your work largely structural?

To clarify the question, as I know terminology can very enormously throughout the different studies, can you actively manipulate and/or sense energy without use of structural tools (rituals, places of power, etc)?

Just to be clear, I'm not baiting so I can mock you or anything, I'm a total magical dud myself; almost zero sensitivity for energy. My work is almost entirely structural, approached from an engineering standpoint, specifically electrical engineering as applied to the material energy side of magical practice. I only ask because I almost never talk with other practitioners outside of a professional setting, and when I do, I almost always have "protection" from a PMC or corp, so people are less than inclined to chat about their own experience with classical magic traditions.
>>
>>18722297
Please, Google and Lilith are entirely separate entities, I don't know how you'd even confuse the two.
>>
>>18722286
>Couldn't you have a person trained to summon daemons en masse using programs like this?
Not really.

As I said, it takes a certain investment of energy and will to summon an entity. The energy part is easy: you can use sacrifices of your own energy (which is almost never done in a research setting, it's just an example), or animal sacrifice (which is basically only done when summoning "picky eaters" so to speak), or investments of natural energy (most common, typically done in the form of pre invested energy in a crystaline silicon or carbon matrix, which is favored because it's the best way to use specific, measurable, consistent amounts of energy). The tricky part is the investment of Will, for reasons explained here >>18722169 .

The largest mass summoning I'm aware of ever taking place was an experiment for G&c in 2011, in which 44.3 trillion (estimated) entities were summoned at one time, but this was a largely mechanical summoning, done through almost entirely structural methods, and the entities I summoned were most comparable to algae; single celled organisms living in colonies feeding off of a ley line, aether side. I can go into detail about what the experiment was trying to accomplish if you're curious.

Now if you're talking about summoning entities somewhat more interesting than demonic lichens and moss, I think the largest single summoning in history would either be the research accident in the Changji lab in 1991, or it would be at Nile's end in 4500(ish) BC, though that story is largely considered apocryphal, so it's likely the Changji example.

1/2
>>
>>18721685
but the whole thing was wired into the local power grid so any entity that broke containment would be eating a few thousand volts

Is this in pretend world where houses aren't connected to sub-stations that down-step the voltage?

Do you eat several bowls of autism for breakfast?
>>
>>18722429
>Couldn't you have a person trained to summon daemons en masse using programs like this?
Theoretically yes, but you get diminishing returns as you try to summon more and more entities, because each individual human only has so much willpower to go around. You typically see the largest summonings happening with cults, where they spread the energy and Will requirements out over many people, but you typically can't get that kind of zealotry and group focus in an academic setting.

There's also the matter of Keeping the Peace. There are groups on both sides of the equation so to speak who have a vested interest in keeping things the way they are now. If human makes too much of a scene with supernatural scene governments or (much more commonly) a corporation will show up to politely explain to them the error of their ways, an explanation typically done with large caliber anathamic bullets.

2/2
>>
>>18722434
Not that anon, but couldn't you just use a battery bank and/or a transformer? Because a stun gun can give you a hit of charge way higher than a wall socket could, but you still charge your stun gun with that wall socket.
>>
Fucking academics shitting up the thread
>>
>>18722447
Capacitors, sure. But this guy literally said "Magic circle wired into the local grid"

But then again, we're literally believing that a kid would be able to do this without an electricity company dispatching engineers to figure out why this fucker is draining so much power from the grid.
>>
>>18722434
>>18722447
>>18722486
This was south Caracas, almost 20 years ago. Not exactly the most modern infrastructure in the world, so I'd believe it if he could make it work. Still, never saw it happen, so maybe it didn't.
>>
>>18721104
There are a lot of conflicting sources out there, what do lilith and her daughters want from you? Even the people on this board can't seem to agree.
>>
>>18722429
Please do elaborate on both incidents, if you don't mind.
>>
>>18722783
Assuming you mean the summoning incidents, the former was a lab breach in a research facility northwest of Changji, China. We don't know exactly what happened, and a lot of the details were kept quiet by the Chinese government, but some kind of ritual summoning or experiment went wrong, the facility went dark, and when the chinese sent people to go figure out what happened, demons came pouring out of the facility, and most of the responding soldiers died. The incident is notable because it's thought to be the largest mass summoning in history, as there were 23 people on site, and several hundred entities were summoned, so even if every single human in the base stopped whatever they were doing and summoned as many demons as possible (which is unlikely, considering that the vast majority of people on site wouldn't have been practitioners, they'd just have been research staff and security), they'd still have been beating the previous record considerably. Also notable is that the Changji incident was the first time anyone ever used large-scale hexagramic warding (the ward was almost 600 meters wide), which was the haphazard solution to sealing off the site when it became clear conventional measures (re: bullets) weren't going to work. Granted, all 4 of the people who put the ward up died, and the resulting explosion from the ward's collapse 5 hours later leveled the whole facility, but still notable.

As for the Nile's End battle, it's a long story, told in verse, that tells about a battle between a magician king and his disgruntled, rebellious people, and if you believe the story he summoned thousands of demons on his own. A really old story, so we'd dismiss it were it not for other sources telling a very similar story at around the same time, and the fact that there's this giant fucking "well" of energy (it's basically a ley line that looks like a dot instead of a line, and doesn't seem to have a source) roughly in the area of the mouth of the Nile river.
>>
>>18721723
He just likes to toot his own horn.

His cock. "I got it all figured out because I know I don't have it all figured out" attitude annoyed me too, but he said a few days ago he's pretty new to this stuff it's way to waste all day watching documentaries online to turn around and quote teen on 4chan
>>
>>18722885
I hope you don't mind if I keep asking questions. What is the function of a ley line? Are they just kinda everywhere?

And what else do you know of wards? Any construction tips? Are wards exclusively circles drawn with patterns inside or are there different kinds?

How did you get into your line of work?
>>
>>18723015
Going to answer these in their own posts.

>What is the function of a ley line?
A ley line is quite simply a confluence of natural energy that collects and moves through the world. Anywhere there's a lot of energy moving along an area, you get a ley line. This can be natural physical energy coming from actual moving parts of nature (rivers, volcanoes, fault lines), but it can also come from living beings (you often see them on migration routes). They're typically just let to be, as they're dangerous as fuck to use in magic (a good metaphor might be thinking of how difficult it is to control a high-pressure firehose, except in this case you're holding a firehose the size of a river), but they're often used to fuel large heavily structured spells, because in that case it's less like you're trying to wrestle a river with your bare hands, and more like you're building an irrigation system that siphons away a tiny fraction of the water. They're also popular for grounding out different energies, because any spell a human could conjure is basically piss in a river if you drop it into a ley line.
>>
>>18723015
>And what else do you know of wards?
I could literally talk about wards for days, as my job consists mostly of building them, or modifying them to accommodate the conditions of an experiment, and I've been doing it for a long time. You'd have to be more specific.

>Any construction tips?
You'd have to be more specific, because it depends on what you're building them for, and what they're being built on.

>Are wards exclusively circles drawn with patterns inside or are there different kinds?
Man, that's just old world paganism stuff. In reality, wards can be built in pretty much any shape, arrangement, or pattern you could think of, although they're almost always built in a circuit, so you aren't just shitting out energy all the time. As for shapes and uses, you can use them in all kinds of things. There are wards that exist purely as code in a computer. You can make warded clothing. You can have wards constructed purely in your own mind, held in place by your thoughts, which is about the most fundamental ward you could build, although it's incredibly impractical, because you have to hold each element in your mind all the time, or the ward will drop, and it's just not that efficient to do it that way anyway. Most people can't do it, and those who can typically require "medicinal" help, or at the very least they shut out all other distractions (it's actually easiest to do inside an isolation tank).
>>
>>18723015
>How did you get into your line of work?
I got a masters degree in electrical engineering from UoC Berkeley, and worked for a subcontractor, mostly helping to design the power systems in computers, and later commercial aircraft. About four years after I got out of college I helped a think tank design a theoretical power flow system in which a series of arbitrary restrictions were set, but the material capabilities of what you were working with no longer mattered (I didn't know it at the time, but the restrictions I was set to work with were those you face with high-energy systems in material warding). Long story short, I did good, I caught the eye of a corporation that had recently become involved in the "supernatural" elements of our world, and they offered me a half a million dollar check to quit my job, pack up my shit, and go live at a research facility in Chicago Illinois where I got certified to work with the corps, and that kicked off my career.

Long story short, if you want in you have to be either an active magical practitioner (active in the academic sense; ie you can sense and manipulate magical energy without the use of a ritual aid) or you have to have a skillset and enthusiasm that catches their eye. I am the latter, as you might guess. Not a lick of magical talent, couldn't see an incorporeal demon if it was staring me in the face, but I have skills they needed.
>>
I am a devout follower of Tiamat, and recently I have been wondering if there is a connection between Tiamat and Lilith, or if they are in fact the same being.

It would be nice to get some thoughts of Lilith followers on the idea.
>>
>>18723151
Could you tell me about your interpretation of Tiamat? I hear a lot of mixed stories about her, and it would be helpful to hear your thoughts before making any comments on the connection.
>>
>>18723160
Tiamat is the mother of all things, mating with Apsu to give birth to all life. She is representative of the salt water of the oceans, Apsu being fresh water of rivers and streams.

She was really totally chill with her kids. They were all out making shit and getting in trouble, but Tiamat loved her children. It was them that created Order. Tiamat exists outside of and from before the existence of Order, and is therefore a Goddess of Primordial Chaos.

Eventually, Apsu got sick of his kids shit and plotted to murder them. They found out and murdered Apsu first. This pissed Tiamat the fuck off, and she went to war with her children. At this point we get to see the more common meaning of Chaos. Chaos brought all things into the universe, it represents motherhood, female sexuality and creativity. But when she went to war she embodied the destructive side of Chaos, creating monsters to fight for her and destroying all in her path.

Eventually she was defeated by her great great grandson Marduk, and her body became the universe we live in today. Many people, myself included, view the battle of Tiamat and Marduk to be the point in human culture where we went from a matriarchal to a patriarchal society.
>>
>>18723247
Thank you for sharing! Though the more I hear you listen, I think you're taking a bit more of a totemic or mythic approach to this than I do. Lilith (as we interpret her) isn't directly involved in creation, not in a totemic sense, and while yes she's a powerful being, she's not what one would consider a god or deity, so I'm not sure about a connection.
>>
>>18723079
>>18723109
>>18723135
Anon, you are the bees knees right now. Thanks for sharing all this!

What kind of situations call for wards? Like, just summoning/keeping daemons? What kinds do you know of/have a particular interest in and how do you commune with them with slim/no risk of being eaten/getting your soul stole/wutever them creepies do?

Are they all creepy? How many kinds have you come in contact with and what were they like? Any other awesome work stories?
>>
>>18723314
Thank you for your input! I saw the connection being that both represent women, motherhood, and the creation of monsters. I admit I do not know enough about Lilith to compare the two properly, which is why i am grateful for your input.
>>
File: Lilith.png (632KB, 1228x538px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith.png
632KB, 1228x538px
Lilith's currently riding the dick of Lucifer for having freed her from that boring nightmare they call hell.

Only he doesn't want the title of Lucifer since it attracts FUCKING IDIOTS these days.
>>
>>18723531
>What kind of situations call for wards?
Basically any time you're working with energy, you're technically using a ward of some kind. The simplest explanation of a ward would be any structure or thought that contains and structures energy, although that definition doesn't always hold true, because if you follow that specific wording, thoughts are also wards, because they structure chemical energy in your brain. It's tempting to specify that wards have to manipulate "magical" energies, but that's not always true, as plenty of wards affect normal, "mundane" energies like electricity, fire, whatever. As far as practical usage goes, almost none of the wards I design are used in summoning, most are either structural wards designed to contain or redirect energy, or they're pseudo ward structures designed to be very modular so they can be arranged and configured for experiments.

>What kinds of demons do you know, how do you talk to them?
Smart people don't chill with demons. To clarify, the working definition for a demon in the professional setting is any non-human paranormal entity with malevolent or harmful intent or actions. Again, broad and vague, but it's more of a general label than a specific classifications. I've had to work on/with/alongside a few demons, but as a rule I avoid them if I can. Over the years I've worked with probably 25-30 different entities that would be considered demons (note that the 25-30 number doesn't include paranormal microbial life forms. If I included them, the number would jump up to a couple thousand, because they're easy to research and typically have very consistent energy output, so they're very commonly used for the first phases of stress testing ward structures), but most of them were specimens I was studying to help with containment, working alongside for research, or trying to help protect people from them back when I was with B&c.

More forthcoming.
>>
>>18723531
>how do you interact with them with low risk
WARDS WITH MY WARDS, SON!!! Jokes aside, it really does come down to wards, and not just the magical kind. Concrete and steel can make pretty damn effective "wards" too. Also, I've never tried interacting with them alone, save for one occasion. Generally if I'm interacting with a demon (or any paranormal specimen) it's either fully contained, or I've got a security team with me, and we're moving in force. I'm not a summoning specialist, I specialize in designing wards, so most of the time when my work is being tested, it's either being used in an experiment or someone else using it while I'm safely away from the danger. Sorry if that seems boring, but I've never done that much field work, and what little I did was back in my 20's.

There's only one intelligent demon (debatable two) beings I've interacted with on a fairly regular basis, and that was a woman by the name of Tyhaniel "Doe" who I worked with in singapore for about a year. Not much of a story there, just a nice girl who happened to be a humanoid demon. The other was a lamaen who was a "guest" at a containment facility I was working at right after I got into the business, and was really my first taste of the supernatural in day to day life, though it's debatable whether or not lamaens should be considered a demon.

>Are they all creepy?
This is kind of like asking if animals are creepy. Some are. Some aren't. Most are just inhuman and weird.

>Any other awesome work stories?
The vast majority of my time at work is spent doing math and thinking about new ward structures, and modifying my old work to be used on a new situation or experiment. When I'm interacting with paranormal things they're either vetted and trustworthy, or there's a lot of men with guns behind me. Only ever had one particularly "awesome" story, and it's not really something I'd like to revisit. Really, most of my time is spent behind a desk or in front of a drawing board.
>>
>>18723540
We're both being too diplomatic and friendly, and it's making things weird.
>>
That whore just wants someone to fuck her real hard
>>
>>18723687

I've got a strong empathetic ability (with the assistance of drugs I can also see objects/people move before they move) and the assistant of a particularly strong djinn. Any way I could get into that stuff? I've got not much in the way of academics though, just prior military experience.
>>
>>18723776
>Any way I could get into that stuff?
Nothing's impossible; there's an enormous variety of backgrounds in people involved in our little world (I'm assuming you mean "get into" paranormal things in general, if you specifically mean research you'll need some academic credentials). The corps aren't exactly recruiting off the street when it comes to this kind of thing. Most people get their jobs by either getting a referral from a current staff member, or by unintentionally fulfilling some hidden puzzle or test the corps threw out there (the latter is especially common for researchers. Think tanks and academic institutions will put out different "totally arbitrary" problems and mental puzzles to solve, and people who solve them get reviewed and interviewed for potential recruitment). That said, it's not a solid rule, as I know people who were recruited for a wide variety of reasons. The security chief at the singapore facility I worked at first got recruited because he tried to rob a corporate practitioner and was smart, observant, and sensitive enough to shit his pants when the practitioner pulled out a blasting wand that most people would have just thought was a stick. One of the RAs in my lab was recruited because he literally just got SO fucking red pilled that he tracked down a G&c facility by picking up trails, clues, and making conspiracies out of it, and the HR director was impressed and hired him.
>>
>>18723693
Talking about Demons and Chaos gods is a very peaceful and joyful experience.
>>
>>18721503
this exactly. it's basically what happened to me when i did a ritual but she left before my life completely fell apart. however i still live with mental scars of dissociation. you know that feeling of spacing out then snapping back to reality? well imagine if you never snapped out of it and your living in this waking dream like feeling. it's extremely disorienting but at least she's gone.
>>
>>18721685
You sound like you know your shit, but I'm preaching not to do it at all. Obviously they'll get bloodthirsty, and they'll atleast read. Just trying to scare the 'pls gimme fast magocks' people. Just helping out newfriends, which I still am at some points, but I know the things I know.
Have been roofied and used as an altar once, that's when shit hit the fan.
Have used some baphomet pentagram while I was psychotic, no idea what it did, but there was definitely contact. A little weird shit happened, not too bad. I'm very respectful and charismatic, especially when I try, which I do with entities.
Since then, I haven't practiced any magick, and never will. Only applying 'advanced' psychology on myself, like splitting my persona into the 7 seven sins, and giving them the personality traits of the 7 princes, had a nosebleed every day, as I sigil'd them 1 a day through a week.
Won't ever summon anything that isn't 'inside' me, I'll let outside entities come to me.
I'm trying to be a wizard by the bone marrow, by the way of intent=will, it's working kind of like chaos magick, and that's what I want. I'm not actively enforcing my will though, I like to think of it as, God letting slip through what is 'supposed' to slip through.
Just spooking newfags, and telling them there are OTHER ways than to become a complete schizo by summoning. I certainly turned full schizo after being used as an altar, no idea what they spawned/summoned, but after that I became my spirit, through rigorous drug use, came back schizophrenic.
And I was just drawn to 'summoning' baphomet, there was literally 0 egoistical intent behind it, was basically magnetism.
>>18721723
I've never stated that I was anything. I have some insights for whatever godforsaken reason. Never practicing magick, read above for statement. I've just been through some shit. And everyone knows 'everything', it's just tapping into that. Try literally killing yourself, you'll go there, they wont like you being there tho
>>
>>18721723
I just came to the realization, that what I was doing, was LIKE chaos magick, not that I was a chaos magickian.
Also just bashing the ones who read one book on the matter, one article or one video, and then they just sigil on.
I love how you just 'set me up' by taking what you understood of my posts, instead of catching the actual point. You don't seem to grasp magick very well.
>>18722963
See, this kind of presence comes from someone who only talks about what he knows off, instead of doing guess work. I know what I know and I ascribe to this. I don't LARP and I don't try explaining things that I have no idea what is, and when I do I explicitly tell that it's a theory.
Can you spot the difference between me and this kid >>18721793
I don't pretend like I know it all, I'm just guiding people along a path. I might let out that presence, but that's because I stand my ground on what I know. It's called SEMANTICS. Learn it, live by it.
We've all 'seen' shit, we all have different souls, that is the same spirit. That's what makes this enticing, we can all explain the exact same phenomenon from different perspectives with different words. I sealed it all shut into a sigil, 8. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably be a raging schizo these days, out in the real world. You HAVE to sound like a schizo to some, that's just because they can't comprehend. I'm just trying to help the ones at the bottom, anyone with higher understanding of esotericism just leave me the fuck alone. There's some truth to how 'cryptic' I'm being, but I'm not a faker. That's how my subconscious tells me to write this shit, that's how I write this shit. Just giving tips to newfriends, and if you don't give them a good spook, they might get spooked to 'death' by someone pretending to be a friend. :^)
>>
>>18722191
>There's a strong push to abandon the older traditions, which are perceived as being superstitious and archaic
Noice, human ego is gonna destroy even more for themselves, can't wait.
>more of the old "rules" are disproven or circumvented by advances in the field.
I just hope they don't do anything stupid without any afterthought. Obviously I'm a complete noob when it comes to all of this stuff, but human ego + 'big' magick like this can NOT mean well.
>>18723776
>Being Aladdin
FeelsGoodMan
>>18724121
I still sometimes 'snap', just one single 'unit' of time of being passed out, and sometimes things have changed. Might just be my brain coping though.
>>
>>18724760
>being used as an altar
Please, could you elaborate?
>>
>>18725165
I was roofied I have no fucking idea. Was told by one of my 'friends' while he was tripping balls wanting to atone for that sinful act, because he had a dissociative trip where he 'stared the devil in his eyes' as he would describe it.
He doesn't remember as he 'passed out' multiple times and honestly was hard to communicate with. That's what they get for using powers beyond their comprehension.
I just remember vaguely becoming conscious while they were ripping hair out of my head, and then becoming unconscious again. Probably burned that shit for some mojo-jojo or some shit, don't ask me, they're fucking psychotics.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39KB, 980x231px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 980x231px
>>18721595

Shitposts, self-contradicts constantly
>>
>>18725222
Checked. Trips of holy truth!
I like your conspiracy though, I will be tuning in on the next episode of SPERG-RAGE.
>>
>>18725222
Also, how am I contradicting myself by saying that I have my faith and that God will protect me?
Is the babby-tier cryptics getting to your feeble mind? x^)
Ask yourself a question
>What is God
Now think about that until the end of time, you'll become wiser at some point. :^)
>>
>>18725243
Self-identifying as an atheist AND practicing magic AND saying "God" protects you sounds pretty contradictory.
>>
>>18725312
>Self-identifying as an atheist
Where the hell are you getting your statements from xd
>Implying I'm practicing magic
Did you not read, faggot?
>Implying God minds you practicing magic
Well, God minds some kinds of magic. The one without love in mind.
>AtheistScum is referring to Atheists being scum, just so I don't have to waste another comment to explain it to you.
>>
>>18724907
>Noice, human ego is gonna destroy even more for themselves, can't wait.
If by "destroy even more for themselves" you mean "make more advancements in magic in the past 20 years than the previous 15,000 years combined," then yes, I agree.

Also, I think you might be confusing curiosity with ego.
>>
>>18726128
I'm just trying to say, don't get greedy. Obviously, I am ecstatic to see the results. But it just reminds me of humans, you know, the people that just suddenly get overwhelmed with the power that they are granted, and end up ruining it for themselves through greed and pride. :^)
I'm just hoping they stick to the ground rules.
>>
>>18725334
How kind of you to speak for god.
>>
>>18726154
Most of the "ground rules" can be circumvented. For example, when magical research first kicked off in the 20th century, there were *huge* problems with negative energy imbalance skewing probability against the wishes of researchers (bad karma, as most would call it). The idea of "do no harm" and "don't be greedy" and "help all others" were old fashioned ways of avoiding that negative energy imbalance, and while they were great in the stone age, we can now circumvent those rules by having automated cleansing procedures in research facilities, building ritual cites on top of ley lines, or using a faraday cage if we're doing field work. A lot of these old ideas tying morality and religion to magical practice are just ideas tied to apocryphal stories that people used to use to avoid energy imbalances, and much like mainstream religions, the only reason they're even still around is because of tradition.
>>
>>18726156
I speak as God, not for God, and so should you.
>>18726195
Oh, glad to hear that. Still not changing my ways, I love the person I'm becoming through these 'traditions'. I can always tie my negativity into the 7 sins to the point where they're being personified, dank shit.
Sounds like I have a lot to learn about practical magic, which honestly makes me happy. I dream of once practicing magic beyond the boundaries of my self. Would love to one day execute the whole messiah archetype, it's what gets me up in the morning. :^)
Also for some reason I knew I had to study engineering after my other studies, feels good to have that confirmed. Apart from magical purposes, I want to be able to code and build machines, and have the understanding to code games in the end, just the understanding, I want to get some 'subliminal' messaging out to the people. But these are just ambitions for now, I'll see where philosophy, theology and religious studies and esotericism will get me, you'll never know. Also want to put my magical affinity to good use, which is why I want to learn as much as possible.
>>
>>18726195
Also, I mean not evoking the wrath of some god/deity or higher entity. I'm just speaking as someone who knows the power and the watchful eye of them. They love seeing progress, but don't want to watch some next level 'nuclear' war happen, which is why it hasn't 'happened', or atleast in the world in which we reside nowadays. I can tell you with complete certainty, that in some timeline, it has occurred. Takes one schizophrenic and egoistic thought of a higher culture to destroy the whole damn planet. I'm thinking those kind of 'ground rules'. Not trusting anyone with a 'red button' per se.
>>
>>18726363
>Also for some reason I knew I had to study engineering after my other studies, feels good to have that confirmed. Apart from magical purposes, I want to be able to code and build machines
Do you currently have a degree in engineering? It's pretty rare to find practitioners who have an applicable degree, and if you actually have the academic credentials, there's definitely jobs out there for a practitioner who's willing to look at his craft from a scientific standpoint.

>I want to get some 'subliminal' messaging out to the people
If you're planning to do this with magic or self recursive arcane coding, you'll just quietly disappear one day.

>that in some timeline
Well now I know you don't have a degree in physics.

I joke, but the many worlds model isn't a literal structural model of the universe, it's a mental model that helps physicists separate actual causal relationships with probability, which you need to do as you start working at the quantum level, where what "should have happened" matters as much as what "did happen".

No physicist actually things there are literally an infinite number of equally real realities spread out over creation, it's just a mental model we use to simplify a complex concept, like how we divide space into dimensional planes.
>>
>>18726531
I'm a high school drop out, getting my life together, had an enlightening experience, realized my one true purpose, ego was like, we can't do this within the next week, let's just smoke weed and play vidya. So getting my life together atm, rehabbing.
>>I want to get some 'subliminal' messaging out to the people
I don't know what the lay of the land's going to be in the future, but I haven't studied enough to even know what self recursive arcane coding is. I've just been 'there' you know. Magical affinity and schizophrenia is the exact same thing. Thank God you're blessed with a great 'normie' mind, being able to process real life procedures and what not, I'm lucky enough to have the best of both worlds, but ego thinking it has already transcended leads to bad shit.
I was more planning on doing it through magical practice and books/movies/games and the like.
>No physicist actually things there are literally an infinite number of equally real realities
I really want to get into physics, fits so retardedly well with cybernetics, but alas, that can't in any way spark my interest.
I need coding though. I've coded my own visual reality once, I can do it again. Now I just need a system instead of just mind diarrhea.
I can tell you that there are an infinite amount of universes, are they equally real? This universe is just as real as they are. They're just a different frequency than this one is.
> “If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla
He's talking about cybernetics.
Also 'everything' isn't coded in binary, but it can be comprehended in binary, on the small scale and on the big scall, the microcosm aswell as the macrocosm, and what not. I realized this before I knew jack shit about any form of esoteric. Call me lucky to even have come out of, what some would call, permanent trip, alive and mentally 'stable'.
Could you TL;DR: what self recursive arcane coding is, sounds on topic.
>>
>>18726719
>Magical affinity and schizophrenia is the exact same thing
False. I don't even know where you get this. There's a higher incidence of mental illness among practitioners, but plenty of practitioners go their entire lives without having any mental issues. Either way, you're missing the point of what i said there. I was just warning you not to try dispersing a spell across mass produced digital media will get you killed. Plenty of corporations have tried that shit as soon as they found out it was possible to influence people en masse, but the people who do it tend to disappear. There are plenty of people, human and otherwise, with a vested interest in making sure no one enslaves the minds of humanity, and they don't fuck around with that. You try to influence people with a spell hidden in mass media, you're going to be killed.

>I can tell you that there are an infinite amount of universes
Lets see, do I take the word of a self admitted mentally ill drug abuser on 4chan, or the word of the greatest physicists and magical practitioners of our time? Hmm...

>self recursive arcane coding
It's a spell organized as code and designed to be cable of self recursion. Typically if you create a spell as code, it'll run once and expend itself. Self recursion just allows it to happen over and over again, so long as you have a sufficient power supply, though you're always going to get diminishing return as the effect of the spell gets more and more generations separated from the practitioner's original expenditure of Willpower.
>>
>>18726775
I'm using the term schizophrenia quite loosely. Obviously I wouldn't tell anyone I'm schizophrenic, and I don't act out, so I guess it's called paraphrenic. I couldn't explain it to you, it's quite the meme on /x/, what schizophrenia is, thought you'd know. It's basically if a 'practitioner' was being honest with a psychiatrist, they would be deemed as so, that's the meme.
>Lets see, do I take the word of a self admitted mentally ill drug abuser on 4chan, or the word of the greatest physicists and magical practitioners of our time? Hmm...
Fair point, normally I'd put it differently and not come off as a retard, but I'm tired. Each to their own, I guess. No one would jump to that conclusion, as it's impossible to prove. It's not that it just exists, it comes from somewhere. My point being, that believing that this is the 'original' universe, and that there is no rabbithole, just seems unlikely, at least to me.
>self recursive arcane coding
Noice, I knew you could code spells :^)
>There are plenty of people, human and otherwise, with a vested interest in making sure no one enslaves the minds of humanity
Also, nice to know, atleast the human part.
I could probably learn a thing or two from you, but that would take a lecture. :^)
>>
>>18726832
>'original' universe, and that there is no rabbithole, just seems unlikely, at least to me
Oh, yeah, for sure. It's almost a mathematical certainty than we're living in a simulation.

>I could probably learn a thing or two from you
Probably, but it's not my job to teach. You want in on this stuff, get that masters degree in engineering or physics, but stay active in paranormal circles during that time. If you're worth it, a corp will make you an offer to work on a research team, and from there you're off to the races.
>>
>>18726855
I was gonna do philosophy major, and theology and religious studies minor, and then go for western esotericism masters in amsterdam desu senpai.
http://gsh.uva.nl/prospective-masters-students/programmes/content25/western-esotericism.html
>>
>>18726960
At that point, I would know where to go and what to do. I've got financial stability on my side, thanks step dad, so I've got quite the confines to work within. And honestly I don't want a 10% chance or whatever to be picked up, I'm a rigorous student, I just want to be able to make an impact on the world, and I've been 'told', that magic is the way. Also since I have the 'magic affinity' and the 'charisma' that makes entities not snap at me or whatever, it's kind of a given in my book.
I was gonna study engineering afterwards though, also way more likely to get into a good college at that point. :^)
>>
>>18721336
>basically just a fucking neckbeard computer programmer paraplegic

so, did he give up his legs in exchange?
>>
>>18726988
Sounds to me like you're trying to use magic as a crutch to get to a result you couldn't earn without it.

There's a reason every famous practitioner you read about was also a very notable person in some other way too: the type of person who can use magic to change the world is the type of person who would do it some other way if magic didn't exist.

You need the drive, the commitment, the effort. Magic doesn't change that, it just opens up new opportunities. You still need to have the personal fortitude and work ethic to make it happen.

>>18727054
Don't know, didn't ask, though considering what DoLs do, his condition was probably her doing.
>>
>>18721336
What company is this and where can I sign up?
>>
>>18727835
Do you have a degree or life experience that would qualify you for what PMC or research lab would want?
>>
>>18728386
I'm currently in a history program at my college, and I believe I can master in a paranormal studies program due to my location. I also still have to opportunity to join the ROTC
>>
>>18728942
Yeah, that won't help you much. Pretty much everyone involved in the research end of things either got a STEM degree in college, or they were an experienced practitioner that later got a stem degree, though the former is more common, because it's easier to take a kid with a master's degree and spend a year teaching him about magical theory than it is to take some wizened greybeard practitioner and send him to college for 6 or 8 years to get his academic chops.

If you're looking to come in through the research end of things, get a STEM degree while remaining active in the paranormal community. If you want to come from the security angle, first off you're an idiot, and second off I'd get into the military pretty damn quick, because 95% of the guys who get assigned to work on "special assignments" (re: magical shit) are between the ages of 30 and 40, with at least a decade in the military, usually special forces.

There are probably less than ten thousand people in the world involved with this stuff at a professional level, so if you want to get in you're going to have to work your ass off.

(repost, attached the wrong image file)
>>
... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1T2xLNFyrA
>>
>>18729076
Eh, to much work to get spoops.
>>
>>18721269
>>18721336
>>18721473
>>18721685
>>18721796
>>18721850
>>18721914
>>18721947
>>18722108
>>18722169
>>18722191
>>18722338
>>18722429
>>18722435
>>18722508
>>18722885
>>18723079
>>18723109
>>18723135
>>18723642
>>18723687
>>18723818
>>18726128
>>18726195
>>18726400
>>18726531
>>18726775
>>18726855
>>18727288
>>18729076

10/10 would read again

this should have been a mediocre fringe thread but you made it worth reading, don't know if you're RPing or if there's just a lot of shit I dont know, but god damn. (sorry if some of this aren't you, I was kind of guessing on some of them).
>>
>>18727288
Well we were doing magic discussion, so I was just talking about the magick side, that's the reason I want/need to do philosophy, for the 'critical thinking' as they call it. :^) No crutches here, or like, everything's a crutch in some way, sometimes they come in quite handy for a short period of time.
>>18729179
Another one bites the dust.
I feel liberated thinking about the fact that I can work at something that is so exciting. :^)
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.