[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deep Sea thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 44

File: tube-worms-closeup-se47.jpg (18KB, 280x194px) Image search: [Google]
tube-worms-closeup-se47.jpg
18KB, 280x194px
Tube worm edition

Previous thread: >>18697238

Deep sea thread. Discuss spooky, mysterious shit about the depths of our oceans here.

Welcome:
>pictures of weird sea life forms
>interesting information
>deep dive work stories
>mysteries
>cool photos

Unwelcome:
>those idiotic "LOOK AT THIS DRAWING OF A HUGE MONSTER UNDER THE SURFACE ABOUT TO EAT A BOAT"
>anything concerning the fucking bloop
>secret nazi/illuminati/whateverthefuck undersea base conspiracy
>muh atlantis
>other general faggotry

Let's have a go at it.
>>
You want something spooky? The ocean is dying.
>>
>>18720219
Might have something to do with all that Fukishima Radioactivity.
>>
>>18720417
Acidification of the oceans due to increased atmospheric CO2 actually.
>>
>>18720219
Oh no, a fragile and specialized ecosystem is no longer competitive. Artificial preservation does nothing but limit future potential.
>>
>>18720519
Or you know, we could stop hastening our own demise by polluting the environment. But I'm sure that's just libtard propaganda right, because a policy that doesn't benefit anyone's pocket book is clearly a dubious agenda.
>>
>>18720519
Funfact, a planet not in the midst of a mass extinction (artificial or otherwise) is alot more enjoyable than one that is.
>>
>>18720519
This. And even if it's humanity's actions causing the organisms in question to drop dead, fuck them. Humanity has evolved beyond being subject to evolutionary selection and has become a force driving it.
>>
>>18720519
>ocean
>fragile and specialized
>implying it's not a major part of the biosphere
>>
>>18720555
We are still subject to needing air to breath and food to eat, unfortunately.
>>
>>18720555
The old I'm above nature argument BTFO so many times in history, that we are longer hyperboreans.
>>
>>18720555
You're an edgy little boy aren't you?
>>
>>18720219
And apparently people are more concerned abut "Muh SJWs" than half of the entire fucking great barrier reef dying off.
>>
>>18720578
The nutrients go back into the ecosystem, the strong will survive, and the niche will be retaken. Sure it sucks, but it's not like humans have a measurable impact on global climate.
>>
>>18720578
If it was just the great barrier reef, nobody would give a shit. Fish stocks are going to run out in 2050 at this rate. We're gonna get a repeat of the P-T extinction event.
>>
File: WrexOnNoveria.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
WrexOnNoveria.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>18720519
>anything that isn't constantly challenged becomes weak

I am not sure I want to live in that ruthless world, Wrex
>>
>>18720584
Sure, if we fuck up the earth it will be restored at some point indeed but that'll happen in millions of fucking years. Not only that but if it does it'll look completely different.
And enough with the "the strong will survive" crap. Humans are making animals like the horseshoe crab extinct, an animal that's been on earth since the fucking ordovician period is now endangered. We aren't a part of an ecosystem anymore.
>>
>>18720219
they dont know what causes that whiteness right?
>>
File: ayylmao.webm (2MB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.webm
2MB, 720x468px
>>
So, anyone else have distressing dreams about the ocean?
I have periodic nightmares of vivid intensity regarding deep water and creatures therein, and ANY water featured in a dream invariably has some kind of critter in it (usually hostile).

I never used to think I was afraid of the water (except for a healthy caution of bottomless depths) but lately I've been wondering if there's something deeply ingrained in my head, since I have one of these dreams at least once a week, sometimes more.
>>
>>18720664
unless you are a sailor living in the sea everyday you shouldnt be getting that stuff , you got issues dog
>>
>>18720657
I've seen that video so many times. What is that animal?
>>
Any marine biologists here? I'm majoring in Biology and I'm thinking of marine biology as a career choice. Is it cool? Is it worth it?

Don't tell me college is a waste of time, I'll just ignore it.
>>
>>18720657
Deeps sea squid that's basically adapted to the same feeding style as jellyfish. I believe that's from an oil rig camera.
>>
>>18720692
College is a waste of time and money
>>
>>18720584
>The strong will survive meme

Kid, you gotta a LOT to learn
>>
>>18720701
I'm not spending any money on it. In fact I'm getting money just to go to classes. :)
>>
>>18720692
imma start my second year, is a really chill and beautiful career, what you do after that.....isnt so beautiful
>>
>>18720716
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1402457068669.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1402457068669.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>18720201
I thought this was an ashtray
>>
>>18720722
its hard to find a job with only a Marine Biology degree.
>>
File: sherk.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sherk.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>18720733
Really? I would imagine it's a very diverse career choice, allowing you to work in any location that is involved with marine animals. That is unfortunate.
>>
File: gloryhole.webm (543KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
gloryhole.webm
543KB, 512x288px
>>18720750
dont take my words like 100% truth, im still a noob.

Good things are that a few people study that shit, you can increase your worth learning to dive and learning how to use computers.
>>
File: Live Action - 1443033639010.gif (2MB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
Live Action - 1443033639010.gif
2MB, 400x242px
>>
File: kingofthesea.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
kingofthesea.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>18720788
Forgot to add you will mostly be doing science, and most of people doesnt give a shit about what kind of bacteria lives in Sunfish fins or what algae turns coral into white stuff.

You could have great times learning how to dive and getting deep into that stuff
>>
>>18720692
You need advance degrees to do anything with it.
Find a professor at your uni and ask him what he does, and if that interests you do further research.>>18720723
>>
>>18720733
Worst case scenario you'll be taking care of fishes in a pet shop and believe me it really isn't a bad job at all.
>>
>>18720828
i could do whatever is related to the ocean but being a biology teacher in a shitty school
>>
>>18720682
I think it's a type of bigfin squid.
>>
>>18720559
For now.
>>18720564
[Citation needed]

Seriously, do you even know what a hyperborean is?
>>
>>18720880
lame to know this nigga is already "known"

Magnapinna sp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZs-CKxxSE
>>
>>18720788
>>18720800
>>18720828

I'm mainly interested in being an underwater diver and hunting fishes.. Is that a career choice that can get you money?
>>
I'm interested in marine biology and physics
Are there any careers that utilise both fields?
>>
>>18721023
Work as a Diver instructor cuz diving to fish is unprofitable
>>
>>18720682
It's a long booyyyyyy
>>
File: Bobbit worm slow motion.webm (175KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bobbit worm slow motion.webm
175KB, 300x200px
>>
File: 1459472886661.jpg (283KB, 1438x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459472886661.jpg
283KB, 1438x1080px
>>18720219
>380mil people surviving entirely off of reef-life in the coral triangle
>they're all gonna starve due to lack of land based agriculture
>people like >>18720519 are going to ensure these people suffer
did some snorkelling in mare just last month and started crying underwater. all these NEET fags complain about living in a boring time that's only good for dank memes yet we are the last generations that will ever see reefs in person.
>>
>>18722076
dude like 2/3 of the Oxg comes from the ocean

We all rely on the ocean
>>
>>18722145
i know my man but these coral triangle people are the ones we will see immediately suffer.
>the only hope i see is if a technology is developed that can rapidly undo our damage
>even if we stopped all coal emissions right now it would still take tens of thousands of years for the ocean to recover
>>
>>18722179
Tens of thousands of years to recover naturally. About a century if we used technology to fix it.
>>
>>18720519
>>18720555
Hope you evolve some other way of breathing that doesn't require oxygen of fittest of the fittest.
>>
Any of you anons think megalodon could still be out there? We haven't explored so much of the ocean and its kinda terrifying to think about.
>>
>>18723429
It's not.
>>
>>18720798
From the movie 'The Bay'.
>>
>>18723429
its not The ocean has barely been explored but we would know if something that big was out there because it would need to eat whales and such. Probably would try to attack large boats too like how great whites somethimes go after surfers.
>>
>>18723619
Yeah but they still find stuff in the Mariana Trench man. Maybe it could have adapted to survive down there,
>>
>>18723674
Then it wouldn't be a Megalodon
>>
>>18720538
You don't know that. Mass extinctions could be fuckin rad.

Although really we can't know for sure either way, as we've all been born and live. in a mass extinction event so we can't really compare it to life when not in a mass extinction event. If you want to get technical and all.
>>
Are crabs the next in line to be the dominant lifeform on earth?
>>
>>18723805
Cephalopods, most likely.
>>
Contributing the most psycho little bastard you can find in the ocean. Not exactly deep sea, but still cool and murder-ey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FEj9U-CJM Info
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1Xmhfegf4 Stabby shrimp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U11DgbefmQQ Smashy shrimp
>>
>>18723698
> You don't know that fire burns, you only live once, just stick your hand in the flame.
>>
>>18720219

Destroy the rest of the reef just to shut the hippies off.
>>
>>18724536
By your logic, our hand has been sitting in your proverbial fire for thousands of years now to no ill effect. Mass extinctions aren't necessarily cataclysmic, like a supervolcano eruption or a meteor hitting the planet. They can simply happen when the environment changes at too fast a rate for most organisms to adapt to, and as far as we can tell that's exactly what our current mass extinction consists of.

Of course all this explaining is useless anyway, because my remark was pretty clearly in jest, but I guess I still like to think this board isn't entirely filled with morons nowadays.
>>
>>18724589
A cataclysmic event is something that happens.

Mankind is something that keeps happening without end.
>>
>>18724617
>A cataclysmic event is something that happens.

>Mankind is something that keeps happening without end.
Oh man what would we do without your vague, shitty attempts (and failures) at sounding deep and knowledgeable. Try actually looking up the meaning of the word cataclysm, or realizing that a few million years of a species existing hardly qualifies as happening "without end" in the
>>
>>18724641
grand scheme of the universe*
>>
>>18724641
> Let's destroy the world for progress! Sky's the limit.

You seem to be under the misguided delusion that if the human race survives that you or your kin will be among the lucky few.
>>
>>18724641
Your right, our weak species would probably die off within fifty to a hundred years time preventing any further damage to the ecosystem.

Now our Nuclear reactors and various other volatile left overs, that's a different story.
>>
>>18724649
I'm not even sure what you're getting at anymore. Congratulations on being literally indecipherably retarded in your posts.
>>
>>18724656
Nuclear reactors have safety mechanisms built in so that they safely deactivate if nobody is left to operate them. Try again though.
>>
>>18724657
> You're words are too big and hard to understand
> Maybe if I hadn't tried to shoot down your tone of condescension with with vague and pseudo-intellectual psycho babble I'd be able to keep track fo the context or this discourse.
> y-y-you're retarded.
>>
>>18724667
Actually they only have short term measures, not indefinite long term ones, their fail safes are designed for inevitable human intervention, if that intervention doesn't come then a meltdown is inevitable. You can't just turn off the volatile contents of nuclear reactor, they require human handling from start to finish.
>>
>>18724667
> has never watched Earth after people.

Is it middle school break right now or something?
>>
>>18724667
Three mile island, Chernobyl & Fukishima were all the results (at one point or another) of said fail safes not working or not lasting.
>>
>>18724669
If your responses were related to my posts in literally any way you'd have a point. Spewing random shit that has no relation to the discussion at hand isn't "intelligent," you know
>>
>>18724677
>I saw it on TV so it's gotta be true
And I'm the middle schooler? Top kek.
>>
>>18720648
They do. It's the heat basically.
>>
>>18724695
Sounds like you're just projecting at this point, attempting to use your own ham-fisted arguing techniques as an accusation to throw at the other person.

Note how you intentionally avoid addressing any specific issue to mitigate the free fall of your position so there's no further ammunition that can be used against you.

Classic 'saving face' defense mechanisms.
>>
>>18724701
That's right, shows featuring academic experts talking about easily re-searchable aspect of modern nuclear reactors is clearly fiction. No, trust the anon on 4chan with no source or evidence what-so-ever claiming that Nuclear Reactors have indefinite fail safes that will keep them neutralized forever if humans aren't around.
>>
>>18723837
kek, nice videos
>>
If we decided to settle the bottom of the seas, would there be a viable form of agriculture?
>>
>>18724695
>>18724703
I love when arguments devolve into this so hard that I forget who was arguing which point in the first place.
>>
>>18725343
You could probably make one, I think. There's always fish farming, and I don't know how viable farming various types of edible seaweed would be, but there's also the possibility of developing dry farms using land plants, imported soil and simulated sunlight. I don't know if we have the technology for that right now but I think we do, at least to some extent.
>>
File: Exploring the Ocean.jpg (292KB, 1030x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Exploring the Ocean.jpg
292KB, 1030x1056px
>>
>>18723674
The deeper you go, the smaller you get, the less you move. It's all about energy conservation in nigh-inhospitable environment. If Megalodons somehow adapted to living down there, they'd be tiny, stationary toothy blobs that in no way resemble their colossal ancestors.
>>
File: 1485648941065.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485648941065.png
21KB, 657x527px
>>18720529
Would be easier to believe if you hippies didn't cry wolf every time you have an anxiety attack. Still waiting on the water famine predicted in the 60's, and still waiting on muh no more whales. The fact that the mass of scientist that supposedly back this are getting second or third hand information is what makes it not credible imo(among other things). But I digress, you are either ignorant or a moron.
Climate change not benefiting anyone's pockets book? LOL. There is always money to be made, why do you think soros pushed it so hard and then bought shares of coal mines on the cheap? Next time you open your mouth make sure it's not because you watched a fourty minute segment with bill nye on climate change. Do your own research, talking heads will just misinform you.
>>
>>18726286
Do you have any evidence or sources to substantiate any of the bullshit you're spouting?
>>
>>18726308
Yes, all of the scientists in the world don't live in antartica or at climate study sites you moron. I mean how vapid do you have to be? to not just understand that on your own.
>>
>>18726286
Those are a lot of self-serving assumptions right there.

The real question is, what do people have to gain by crying wolf? Who benefits from exaggerating the dire straits of our planet's condition? What big business or economical interest is there in making the case for our actions hurting the planet?

The only people with anything to lose or gain is the big money conglomerates and big oil claiming there is no global warming, the same people who told us leaded gasoline was safe, that smoking didn't cause cancer, that DDT was safe.

I think /pol/ might be more your speed.
>>
>>18726323
Link? Surely you have some credible source that supports any of the vague overreaching assumptions you're making.

Bear in mind I'm having to make some broad assumptions of my own since your grammar is fucking atrocious and the exact point you're trying to articulate isn't exactly clear.
>>
>>18726286
> le edgy post millennial who's dad voted Trump.
>>
>>18726286
Sorry I couldn't hear you over all our coral reefs dying from acidification of the water due to higher levels of carbon dioxide being pumped into the atmosphere by humans.
>>
>>18726327
First /pol/ is full of memeing morons, these are just grade school questions. I don't have time to hold your hand while you realize how business works.

Scientists don't get grants unless they are you know DOING SOMETHING. Also denying that book deals exist are you? The only reason bill nye is even relevant again is because of his spouting about climate change. There is ALWAYS money to be made no matter your side. And if you are skeptical about soros just look it up on google, hell looks this all up on google it's not hidden or anything its just there.
>>
>>18726335
My grammar doesn't worry me on an image board.
>>
>>18726367
> I don't have to explain my argument, it's so obvious look it up.

Yup evil Bill Nye and Al Gore making up Global warming to make money off of... who's paying them again?

>>18726375
Then post pictures instead of words you backwards troglodyte.
>>
>>18726346
Dad didn't vote trump sorry. He thinks he's a moron
>>
File: 1361820567400.gif (113KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1361820567400.gif
113KB, 280x210px
>>18726367
> Bill Nye invented global warming to make money.
>>
>>18726375
Then don't try to argue on image boards if you can't into the King's english.
>>
>>18726385
If you don't post pictures you are a hermit? Also refusing to look something up because I won't hand feed you is not an argument.

Okay are you actually just trolling? like I'm honestly unsure if you are or not. "BiLL NYE SAVES THE WORLD SUPER.SMART." That's the name of his series that he is you know getting money for. You can find it on Netflix April 21st
>>
>>18726367
Except the vast majority of the scientific community supports man-made global warming and it's dire effects.

The only scientists who deny it are largely those who are being funded by big money interests. Shilling for big oil has always been a lucrative option.
>>
>>18726418
Discussed this in an earlier post.
>>
>>18726398
spouting =/= invented
>>
>>18726412
> hermit

what?

> Bill Nye is making money

Well I imagine he doesn't live in a cardboard box so no doubt he earns a wage through his profession. He's not a politician doing wall street speeches for millions of dollars if that's what you're trying to imply. And he's hardly alone in his views nor the first to champion them as the issue of global warming has been around since the 80s.

>>18726429
And your claims were unfounded and duly debunked.
>>
>>18726429
And you provided no evidence to your claims of the contrary soooooooooo....
>>
>>18726433
so what exactly was your point in bringing up Bill Nye then?
>>
File: 1479301543416.png (12KB, 113x301px) Image search: [Google]
1479301543416.png
12KB, 113x301px
>>18726434
LOL okay now I know you are just a troll, or at least just a moron. Troglodyte, you know the word you used? It basically means hermit which is why you used it(or so I assumed) hermits deliberately remove themselves from society ie willfully ignorant.

Also you debunked nothing I said, you just asked me for evidence you wouldn't spend five seconds to look at. I'm not gonna fight the two or three people commenting here at the same time. Do your own research instead of watching youtube videos or continue enjoying each others ignorant company. Bye.
>>
>>18726286
>>18726323
>>18726367
>>18726375
>>18726387
>>18726412
>>18726429
> On a board that talks about Aliens, Bigfoot, Flat Earth, Hollow Earth, No Earth and a litany of super natural hokum.
> Doesn't believe in Global Warming.

Do you not believe in evolution either?
>>
>>18726457
You know what, you're right, Global Warming is all just a made up conspiracy for scientists to make money off of Netflix. Let's just ignore the hole in the ozone layer, corresponding parallels between mankind's carbon emissions and temperatures rising globally because if the Earth isn't literally on fire then clearly Global Warming can't be real. Brilliant.

Meanwhile just ignore big business and the conservatives in their pockets pumping millions of dollars into bogus science trusts in hopes of tricking the American public into second guessing the fact that known environmental hazards such as fossil fuels are harmful so we can just keep burning them at an every accelerating rate with no consequence. And as for nature and the oceans dying off, that's not our fault, that's just nature being a pussy, not our problem. Oh, but the vast majority of the scientific community that supports global warming makes money too (as evident by the fact that they're scientists and not homeless drifters) so they're clearly just as questionable even though there's really nothing to gain what-so-ever by disrupting the status quo of our economy and military/industrial complex.

Bet you believe in clean coal too don't ya?
>>
File: 1462413630467.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462413630467.png
36KB, 800x800px
>come to deep sea thread for spooks and cool ocean facts
>Maybe even find some good stories about the deep
>Instead it's a bunch of faggots arguing over Bill Nye, Trump and global warming
There really is no escape is there
>>
File: (distant tiny tim).jpg (19KB, 242x500px) Image search: [Google]
(distant tiny tim).jpg
19KB, 242x500px
Okay, I'm going to take it upon myself to force this thread back on track with an image dump.
>>
File: Batfish walking.jpg (66KB, 418x226px) Image search: [Google]
Batfish walking.jpg
66KB, 418x226px
>>18727099
>>
File: Coconoctopus.gif (499KB, 234x155px) Image search: [Google]
Coconoctopus.gif
499KB, 234x155px
>>18727107
>>
File: Hhheheheheeehehehhhh.jpg (103KB, 413x268px) Image search: [Google]
Hhheheheheeehehehhhh.jpg
103KB, 413x268px
>>18727115
>>
>>18727121
>>
File: Funky jaws.jpg (57KB, 305x300px) Image search: [Google]
Funky jaws.jpg
57KB, 305x300px
>>18727125
>>
File: Hello sir.jpg (101KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
Hello sir.jpg
101KB, 540x407px
>>18727134
>>
File: Immagetcha.jpg (51KB, 468x311px) Image search: [Google]
Immagetcha.jpg
51KB, 468x311px
>>18727144
>>
File: It a smol boi.jpg (41KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
It a smol boi.jpg
41KB, 500x402px
>>18727152
>>
File: Methane ice worms.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Methane ice worms.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>18727156
>>
File: Mildred.jpg (47KB, 251x255px) Image search: [Google]
Mildred.jpg
47KB, 251x255px
>>18727159
>>
File: Nibbles.gif (130KB, 181x155px) Image search: [Google]
Nibbles.gif
130KB, 181x155px
>>18727168
>>
File: Nom.gif (1MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Nom.gif
1MB, 400x267px
>>18727170
>>
File: Pig butt worm.jpg (32KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
Pig butt worm.jpg
32KB, 227x227px
>>18727172
>>
File: Sea angels are also cthulhu.gif (170KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Sea angels are also cthulhu.gif
170KB, 150x150px
>>18727176
>>
File: Starfish are cthulhu.jpg (158KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
Starfish are cthulhu.jpg
158KB, 555x416px
>>18727180
>>
>>18720417
thanks obama
>>
>>18727144
gives me nightmares
>>
File: The venerable sea dong.jpg (7KB, 222x320px) Image search: [Google]
The venerable sea dong.jpg
7KB, 222x320px
>>18727190
>>
File: This kills the crab.jpg (3KB, 125x102px) Image search: [Google]
This kills the crab.jpg
3KB, 125x102px
>>18727195
>>
File: Tunicates.jpg (89KB, 520x260px) Image search: [Google]
Tunicates.jpg
89KB, 520x260px
>>18727201
Wait that last one was supposed to be a webm

Something has gone very wrong
>>
>>18727207
>>
File: Yes sir I am fish are you fish.gif (301KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Yes sir I am fish are you fish.gif
301KB, 300x200px
>>18727214
>>
File: 1472545437961.gif (453KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1472545437961.gif
453KB, 229x173px
>>18726550
This, fuck you guys.

>>18726550
I think maybe we should just start with a clean slate, but who is this qt? >>18727156
>>
>>18727694
Blue dragon sea slug. It's not deep sea at all.
>>
>>18720682
Stygio Medusa Gigantea
>>
>>18720657
*blocks your path*
>>
>>18727699
It's venomous as shit though
Lives around 'Straya
>>
>>18720657
I couldnt imagine being the person controlling the camera, it looks like they lost thier shit for a second
>>
>>18728025
Technically 'it's' not venomous at all; it just eats Portuguese men-o'war and collects their venom in its own flesh.
>>
>>18720747
This made me incredibly uncomfortable
>>
>>18720493
>>18720493
>>18720493
chemist here. this.
>>
>>18727152
name of this?
>>
>>18720555
Not this, youre wrong and fucking stupid.
>>
>>18728135
Seriously? I didn't know that
Little blue dude is metal as fuck
Fucking 'Straya
>>
>>18728158
It doesn't have one, it's too recent a discovery and hasn't been named yet. Or at least that was the case as of the writing of the article where I found the pic. I do know that it's a species of comb jelly, though.
>>
>>18720747
IS THAT A BASKING SHARK
UNGODLY MOTHERFUCKING BASTARDIZATIONS OF NATURE
FUCK BASKING SHARKS
>>
>>18729363
Aren't they pretty harmless? Being filter feeders and all? They aren't even that spoopy, Anon
Then again, I don't like dolls, so I can't really judge.
>>
>>18728126
Remote controlled rig camera on the supports for an oil platform. They are trying to center the critter using shitty controls, and not really succeeding.
>>
>>18722076
The whole of humanity all together working around the clock to destroy the Earth could never put a dent in her. All we could hope to do is destroy the tiny patches we were on enough to kill ourselves off before our mother shrugged off the damage and filled it back in with life. We couldn't even wipe out ourselves if we tried. We're here to stay and only we will truly suffer from our self-destructive ways, and only for a relatively short time. It is ignorant hubris to think otherwise.
>>
>>18729817
Don't let Strategic Air Command here you say that
>>
>>18726327
Agenda 21, CO2 taxes (literally a tax on breathing), discourages middle-classes from breeding thus widening the divide between rich and poor (poor people don't give a fuck bout this shit), sets precedent for human culling, generally bums people out/destroys their motivation to build something long-term in their life. I could go on.
>>
>>18726550
Sorry m8, there's just bigger things afoot than your spooks.
>>
File: 1487373722685.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
1487373722685.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>18729835
SOMEBODY SAY SPOOKS
>>
>>18729363
It's a giant sleeper shark, that cage it's checking out is six feet long to give you an idea of scale.
>>
>>18729827
That's quite a stretch there

back to /pol/
>>
>>18727712
Wrong, it's a type of squid. Stygiomedusa is a jellyfish
>>
>>18727176
That thing looks sexy
>>
>>18727168
these filenames are top tier anon
>>
>>18728163
>>18728152
STOP DERAILING THE THREAD

>>18727144
also this is horrific, poor fish
>>
>>18729827
you're right anon but they'll never listen. They don't care about humanity or self or the future at all, not in any real sense.
>>
>>18730766
Agenda 21 and CO2 taxes are very real. The rest is more theoretical I admit but I'd hardly call it a stretch.
>>
>>18729827
>human culling
plus they are already doing this shit in places where euthenasia aka assisted suicide aka government sanctioned genocide is legal
>>
>>18731958
You wonder why they always say Carbon Tax or CO2 Tax and never Carbon Dioxide Tax? It's because every school kid remembers that we breath out carbon dioxide, and that trees breath it in.
>>
>>18731971
yep people have been disguising their disturbing agendas with tricky language since language and agendas existed
>>
>>18726327
>crying wolf
Wolves are extinct, anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSu65Bb9X4
>>
>>18732007
that thing at 0:24 makes me feel ill
>>
>>18720569
Not him, but I can certainly be whatever you want me to be.
>>
File: the-tingler.jpg (92KB, 1600x1123px) Image search: [Google]
the-tingler.jpg
92KB, 1600x1123px
>>18732032
>>
File: 1387238489786.jpg (438KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1387238489786.jpg
438KB, 1600x1200px
>>18720555
You talking about yourself, specifically?
>>
File: 2UR2pTM.gif (2MB, 519x325px) Image search: [Google]
2UR2pTM.gif
2MB, 519x325px
>>
File: pet_dildo.gif (2MB, 595x432px) Image search: [Google]
pet_dildo.gif
2MB, 595x432px
>>
Bump
Mantis Shrimp are next in line to be the dominant species
>>
>>18724702
The heat causes the coral to eject the algae that feeds and gives color to the coral. Yes
>>
>>18725343
We would just Fuck that up like we have the face of the land. But the earth is able to adjust to us. God made strong and resilient enough to support our needs and still flourise. The coral dying, the water temperature rising, etc, are all cyclical events that have happened throughout history. Either the water temp reverts and the live coral move back into its last position or it stays hot for a time and the coral starts "migrating" toward the cooler temps...by migrating I mean basically growing toward the cooler water. Don't want some liberal to think I mean that the coral picks up and leaves. They're very stupid people and you have to be careful what you say to them
>>
>>18726286
I come from /pol/ so I'm fucking shocked to see that many retarded replies to your post. Then I remember....no ids....Fucking samefags
>>
>>18735504
To be honest /x/ needs ids, maybe even a way to show zodiac in our posts. That would be pretty cool
>>
>>18735504

>I come from /pol/

How to discredit yourself in one simple statement.
>>
File: Deepstaria enigmatica.jpg (54KB, 711x521px) Image search: [Google]
Deepstaria enigmatica.jpg
54KB, 711x521px
>>18735550
We really ought to invest in a lock for the /pol/ gate, they've started to figure out the latch again.
>>
>>18729817
Agreed
>>
>>18731958
Are you really trying to suggest global warming was an extravagant concoction simply just to make a tax?
>>
>>18732122
Lol he looks like he's panting running for the bus cuz he's late. If he had hands and pants you can see him holding his pants up as he rumbles along
>>
>>18735550
>>18735559
>/x/ looking down at /pol/
I don't even
>>
>>18735826
>the new furries looking down on anyone
I don't even
>>
>>18735826
The only board on all of 4chan with even the slightest potential to be worse than /pol/ is /tv/
>>
Bumpit
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.