[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious Scratches - Causes and Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 2

File: Scratches.png (2MB, 1620x610px)
Scratches.png
2MB, 1620x610px
So this just happened to me about ten minutes ago.

I woke up an hour ago feeling hungry so I went downstairs to get something to eat. When I returned to my room, I noticed these scratches on my arm. I was wondering what could have caused them.

Although I do have two cats, they spend most of the night in the attic and away from my room where they might have had a chance to scratch me. Both are still up there and haven't come down since nightfall, like usual. They aren't self-inflicted and are too straight to replicate even if I tried.

I wouldn't normally be worried but this isn't the first time this has happened and they burn like a bitch. I got similar looking marks on my right leg last week when I went down into my basement at around the same time at night. When I came back upstairs, I felt a burning feeling down about two inches. When I checked, it was the same thing. Two marks, straight down the side of my leg.

Anyone have similar marks/stories? Is there another explanation?
>>
>>18713280
Those are cat scratches.
>>
sepsis incoming
>>
>>18713280
Sorry but your cats didn't stay in the attic that night. No. They came down and summoned ouija demons to scratch you. Could have done it themselves but cats are not just assholes, they're extremely LAZY assholes.
>>
>>18713291
>>18713319
It wasn't them. My door was closed and locked the entire night. I've barely seen them all day.
>>
>>18713280
I used to get similar marks on my back. They stopped happening (or I just stopped noticing them) about 5 years ago.

>>18713291
>>18713319
Those look nothing like cat scratches to me.
>>
your own fingernails dumbass. scratch yourself hard and it'll look the same
>>
>>18713280
I often find scratches all over my body, can dismiss some by scratching myself on doors or what not, but some are just in weird places where you would remember if you caught yourself on something.

Also remember as a young lad, one day after I had a shower, my dad noticed my back as I was going to my room. He said I had over 50 marks over my back, I remember him being freaked out, probably thought someone was abusing me kek.
>>
>>18713328
Forgot to mention, mine did not have the burning sensation that you described. They weren't itchy or painful or anything.
>>
>>18713328
>Those look nothing like cat scratches to me.
Trust me, I have two cats, I should know Those are cat scratches
>>
>>18713334
This sleep scratching dumbass.
>>
>>18713338
People scratch in their sleep.
More common with worse hygiene (I assume)
>>
>>18713464
I don't know, they appear rather long and oddly spaced to be cat scratches. Sure it's plausible, but I'm inclined to believe OP as I've had similar marks.

>>18713475
How about something other than cats or sleep scratches as an explanation? I know the ones on my back can't be explained away the same way.
>>
>>18713280

>guy gets some minor scratches
>doesn't remember where/when/how he got them
>must be ghosts

this is why /x/ is so much cringe
>>
>>18713280
Did the arm scratches burn like the leg ones?
>>
You have dermatographic urticaria. Any rubbing with a sharp object produces that. And you know it.
>>
is op kill?
>>
>>18717070
yes
>>
>>18713494
>How about something other than cats or sleep scratches as an explanation? I know the ones on my back can't be explained away the same way.

You mean you want an explanation that isn't grounded in reality?
>>
>>18718673
Or, you know, any explanation for the marks on my back. If there's a reasonable one that's "grounded in reality" I'd gladly accept that as the cause. Also I wish to further discuss what things that are not "grounded in reality" that could cause this. We are on /x/, after all.
>>
>>18713280
Same shit happened to my in the middle of friking school class. it was on the palm of my hand i wached while the marks did themselves. I Thought i was going crazy. it doesn't happen since was like 12
>>
I had a little piece of metal in my side that I thought was a cyst until I popped it.
>>
>>18718916
More info on this piece of metal?
>>
>>18718902
Did they appear slowly or quickly? Did you feel anything?
>>
>>18717070
It appears so. The scratch demons and/or cats have scratched OP to death. Press F to pay respects.

F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F.
>>
>>18713475
Which you did half awake and just don't remember.
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
When I was younger I used to wake up with slight scratches on my face and occasionally upper body.

I figured I must've done it in my sleep or got scratched by feathers (the pointy end) that were sticking out of the pillow. At worst I thought maybe a pigeon walked on my face lol.

I don't think it's paranormal.
>>
>>18730622
Bed-pigeons are no laughing matter, anon.
>>
>>18713280
Sometimes you can scratch yourself when you sleep. I usually get them on the shoulders and the top of my back. Usually during nightmares.
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
>>18713280

Your back scratches likely came from absent mindedly scratching your back in the shower.

The hot shower water gives you the urge to scratch your back and most people forget they do it because showers are so 'auto-pilot'.

Try it some time, pay attention to your showering routine a few nights and see if your scratches go away, you might be amazed and what you're not realizing you're doing.
>>
>>18737833
OP is not the one who had back scratches, I'm the anon in this thread who used to get them. They were often on areas of my back that I couldn't reach well enough to leave markings in the same way that they appeared.
>>
F

You will be remembered.
>>
F
>>
>>18713280
>Someone goes itch in the night
>>
F
>>
F
>>
>>18713280
Did you feel a burning sensation?

I was scratched once. Was in a half sleep stupor and heard what sounded like footsteps and papers rustling in my room. Fell completely asleep and was dreaming something and felt this intense burning sensation on my chest during the dream. When I woke up the next morning I noticed three perfectly spaced severe scratches on my chest about 2.5 inches long each. I have no pets and know for sure I could not have done it.
>>
>>18742473
Severe like they were not just red marks but actual open cuts?
>>
F

I too get this often.
How long until I am kill?
>>
>>go to swimming pool
>>get out of water and grab towel
>>dry off hands and feel pain
>>thumb is bleeding with a sizable piece of top layer is missing
>>no sign of anything sharp in towel after I inspect it
>>nowhere else either
Still have no idea what happened.
>>
ITT: People with flees and scabies question reality based on their bite marks and scratches.
>>
F
>>
>>18713280
When you sleeping you always rolling over in your bed (this keeps your muscles away from numbing and blood circulars in a proper way without stacking in one place). In your sleep any little stuff that you can find in your bad (crumbs of bread/doritos/catlitter/anything that can scratches you works as a scratching material.
ALso you can scratch yourself and didn't notice, cause it works as well in automatic ways to you when your mind is busy with other more important stuff.
>>
I used to get these all the time when I was a teen but it only happened in my sleep and I'd notice them in the morning. Pretty damn sure it was my cat but I'd get really long ones sometimes like up to a footlong
>>
>>18713280
These are the kind of scratches that show up if you drag your nails fairly hard on your skin. This is just a joke thread.
>>
>>18744898
getting some deja vu from this thread
>>
This happened to me often in my old house. After waking up I had scratchs on my forearms or face. I've never had a cat or any pet and the scratches dont look like the ones some fingernails could make.
>>
File: 2345234532.png (304KB, 584x565px) Image search: [Google]
2345234532.png
304KB, 584x565px
>>18713494
>Quick, I what's 2+2?
>No, don't tell me 4, I want a real answer!
You scratched yourself in your sleep, maybe you were tossing and turning a lot and scratched up your back on the bed frame, maybe the scratched on your back were from an earlier event and you only really noticed it when you got scratches on your arm and examined yourself.
I get bruises all the time that I don't remember getting, that doesn't mean a ghost is punching me, it means I hit myself on something earlier and didn't notice them until I went to take a shower.
>>
>>18746148
I've always slept on my side without turning much, and have rarely left my house for quite some time. These scratches on my back would appear quite often, and I definitely would have noted injuring my back at such a frequency especially with my general lack of activity. I'm all for looking at things logically, but these scratches that I used to get back cannot be explained from any of the possible explanations provided so far.
>>
>>18746171
Hows about you actually post a picture of these scratched on your back?

Honestly that shit on your arms look like sleep creases.
>>
>>18746179
Once again, I'm not OP. As I mentioned in my first post, these scratches stopped happening around 5 years ago.
>>
>>18713280
I used to get those on my back all the time, but they stopped appearing once I convinced your mother to keep her nails short.
>>
pillow zipper
>>
F
>>
F
>>
When I was on vacation once, I was carrying plates from my veranda into my grandparents house and I felt something warm on my pinkie toe and I looked down and there was a small pool of blood and my pinkie was sliced from the bottom of the nail to the entire toe and the bone was clearly visible. Weird thing is, it didn't hurt and there was nothing around that was sharp and could cut me. I have a scar where the cut was so I know it wasn't a dream.
>>
>>18713334
>>18713291
>>18713464
>>18713475
>>18713491
>>18713988
>>18718673
what the fuck are you faggots doing on /x/ if you're trying to justify everything based on coincidence?
>>
>>18749866
Yes, faggot! Because being scratched by cats or your own mindless sleeping body is now paranormal. Go fuck yourself with a glass dildo and shatter it in your ass
>>
>>18749904
>Yes, faggot!
That's not even an answer. Quit being a fucking negrumps. You're ruling out every paranormal explanation when there's been obvious evidence ON VIDEO of scratches appearing, so I ask; What the absolute fuck is your stupid ass even doing on se/x/? Do you even realize that the consistency of the scratch is too detailed to be done in the sleep? Not to mention the fact that it's far too long, just like my cock deep in your mothers ass.
>>
O O O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2axbKxcoQ
>>
>>18742773
They were deep enough to show a rich red color but no quite enough to draw blood. It took almost a week for them to heal.

I tried to replicate them on the other side of my chest with my nails to see if I could have done it and wasn't able to get anything even remotely similar.
>>
>>18713280
This has happened to me a few times in my life. They appear suddenly or in my sleep. They sting and burn like cat scratches. I always suspected something more along the lines of an entity, especially since it happened as a child, before I explored the otherworldly intentionally. However, one instance was 100% certainly a ritual Magickal attack, by a white magickian (Wiccan), immediately after I confided in him that I practice Black Magick.
>>
sleep scratches my dude
i used to scratch myself so much my skin broke and i started bleeding in my sleep
>>
>>18750503
kek
>>
F
>>
>>18743112

This.

Bedbugs too.

Clean your home you disgusting pigs.
>>
>>18755986
I lived at the place for a year total and the scratches happened one time six months in. Nothing before or after. You'd think if it was bed bugs it would be a regular occurrence.
>>
>>18755986
Those damn pesky bugs leaving scratch marks on my back in areas I can't reach! Should have known it was them.
>>
>>18713291
Either you're retarded or you are retarded AND think a fucking normal cat nail can expand five times it's size
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
>>18713291
Are you kidding, besides being so wide look at how long they are. My cat would only grab with scratching resulting from retracting.
>>
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
>>18713280
Do you take hot showers op?
>>
>>18763111
Back-scratches anon here, I do.
>>
F
>>
>>18743056
Probably not long now, unfortunately
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.