[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, let's talk about Gnosticism. This is the right place,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1488414198606.jpg (271KB, 1000x855px) Image search: [Google]
1488414198606.jpg
271KB, 1000x855px
So, let's talk about Gnosticism. This is the right place, I suppose.

>>>/pol/114864269

This was a damn good thread that informed me of a lot of basic principals. It seems like something worth looking into. Many people I've looked up to or found interest also found interest or worth in it, so I've always wanted to learn more.

I've picked up bits and pieces here and there, but I'm more inspired to get a real basic understanding now. If the claimed Gnostics weren't a bunch of misinformed idiots, then this makes a lot of sense to me. It very much aligns with ideals of an incomprehensible eternity or God, with definite ends, that can only be fully comprehended outside of our human senses and material life, but requires our experience. Something that required some sort of evaluation and knowledge, more metaphorical and spiritual than just faith or fact. That comes off really pretentious, but that's how I've felt for a while. It's not just a sort of ideal or feeling that's recent to me, but something that's more a culmination of logical solutions, thought, and experience across my life.

I also take particular note of them talking about David Bowie in that thread, in regards to Gnosticism. Especially Blackstar. I'm a huge fan of his, and I know he was very preoccupied with the occult, Crowley, the Kabbalah and the like for a time, and once read of how much of his work pointed to Gnostic thought or influence. Since that didn't seem to be just some dude going crazy on a blog, and since the imagery and implication is there, I wondered if anyone had anything to say about that.

tl;dr: Gnosticism general. Give us basic information, basic principles, a reading list, or discuss more esoteric bits if you want. I'm just curious about it all.
>>
>>18713092
From what I've gathered, Gnostics believe that there are many iterations of God/One, and the lowest iterations (Sophia) fucked up and created The Demiurge (YWHW). The Demiurge is basically the old testament God, and thinks that he's omnipotent so he acts like a total dick. In his arrogance, he created the earth(?) universe(?) cosmos(?) -i'm unclear on exactly what the parameters of the shit ywhw's creation are- but I DO know that the gnostics conceptualize the material shit that the demiurge made as totally sinful and wrong. Just bad joj all around by that demiurge guy cus he's such a royal cunt and always ruins parties. Gnostics hate this earthy fleshy BS and think that it's inherently bad joojoo-- they want to return to the creator. Luckily for us, someone (I think Sophia, but maybe you gnostic scholar mfers can correct me) intervened when this dickhole demi was making people, and everyone was made with the spark of the divine one in them. woooo nice fuck that demiurge guy and his cult.

oh, and Jesus is Lucifer.
>>
>>18713156
>>18713092
so as you can see, I don't know very much about Gnosticism. I agree with you tho OP, it's interesting shit. If this thread is still around tomorrow afternoon I'll check in and get some FACKING KNOWLEDGE YEAH woooo

reading lists would be appreciated you gnostic fucks
>>
When they say gnosis as in gnosticism they are talking about a thing thats not intellectual knowledge, but rather an experience you absorb internally, spiritual experience to be more precise.
>>
You have to understand archons incarnate as humans, so most of what you'll get from these threads will come from them.
Also be wary of bible cucks lest they baptize you with a "holy" spirit (an archon), they will also try to give you "holy" commandments.
>>
>>18713092
Read The Gnostic Religion by Hans Jonas or Gnosis by Kurt Rudolph or both
>>
>>18713156
Well, if anything that was said in that previous topic was true, then a lot of that is misrepresentation or oversimplification. Such as Sophia being a sort of Holy Spirit type entity, creating the material world or something out of wish to get closer to God. Some odd counterpart to Christ. The split between New and Old testament seems critical, though, if I got that whole thing wrong or not.

Which makes sense to me, because even taking an offensive reading at the Bible always made the change in attitudes and requested forms of worship between the two really, really sharp, almost antithetical.

But generally, as you have stated sounds almost too literal. That seems to be much of the problem; as with much of base Christianity itself, it seems like Gnosticism is misunderstood and misused by making it for a more "common denominator" (Which I say begrudgingly) and being made more literal, for some lower class, for some ulterior motive, or something else. A large foundation of it seems to be interpretation, not necessarily individual interpretation, but taking the metaphor and understanding it, generally and through the self, rather than at face value.

As such, I feel like there's a real aspect of intellectual, abstract understanding that's a component. Which sounds pretentious and, yes, esoteric, but it's still attractive to me. I've never been quite comfortable with faith, as it's usually meant, and I've always said that however many eons into human existence are, I won't be quite fully right, it's a little abstract. So it works, dunno.

>>18713179
That was another thing said, that was already a nature of my relationship with religion and Christianity. I always found interest in the paranormal or religious, but I only fully believe because I have what I find to be objective, scientific, and personal experiences that I can only, and have, proven to myself. Which sounds crazy, but this is /x/. So that made sense too.

>>18713281
In short, thank you much.
>>
>>18713166
If it can stay alive :^)
Also, read the /pol/ thread, /x/ might not be THAT bad after all, no real knowledge to be found there, just a couple posts had some truth.
>>
>>18713322
That's why I posted it. Most of it was semi-Christian shitposting, but there were some really obvious standouts that had something to them. Honestly one of the better threads I've seen from there lately, if they really get to discussing something, it goes well and fast. Sadly been rarer and rarer, especially after the alien fiasco.
>>
File: Redpill.png (9KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Redpill.png
9KB, 1152x648px
>Ultimate gnostic red pill
>The holy trinity
>The material realm doesn't have infinity, infinity occurs because in the material realm there are entities that can construct another non-infinite realm, with more entities in finite space that can construct finite spaces with entities that can, and so on and so on.
>Father, Son, Spirit, they're not the same, but they're all God. God isn't an entitity, but the Father, the Son and the Spirit are.
>Father is the demiurge of this reality, he who is outside the dream, the one dreaming it.
>Son, is the one perceiving this dream, that is finite space, through entities that can create more finite space with entities that can create more finite space
>These are humans and other entities, humans have the power to create infinity within their own minds, time doesn't exist in there, but you can't make an infinite realm, it's like compression, the humans think and dream for themselves, but these thoughts and dreams are of no concern to you, as the demiurge of that realm.
>The Spirit, the thoughtspace. Everything inside this 'dream' of the demiurge, is made of thought stuff of the demiurge, everything IS the demiurge in this realm, the demiurge experiencing itself.
So everyone's a demiurge of their own realm.
Infinity just keeps expanding into infinity, but spirit never changes, it stays the same. What is spirit? Welcome the question that gnostics SHOULD pursue. Too bad most high priests can't be bother spreading info for altruistic puproses, instead of spreading disinfo for egoistic purposes.
>>
>>18713296
from what I recall the aeons are basically high concept entitites, and sophia is the aeon of wisdom.
>>
I'll toss in a couple of corrections. YHWH is not the Demiurge but a powerful being of this world that betrayed it and now works as Deniurge's public face and spokesman. The Demiurge did not create this world but conquered it, by definition it's not capable of willing life into existence like advanced entities, and also lacks creativity, only capable of imitation and perversion.
>>
>>18713356
So, effectively, the Demiurge is the normal use of Satan, trapping, fooling, and enticing people on a physical plane, but misleading them spiritually. Jesus came to release us from that, or counter it. Interesting.

A simplification, but symbolically. There's obviously a lot of crossover.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.