[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Japanese oni real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Samurai-Jack-01.jpg (30KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack-01.jpg
30KB, 720x540px
Are Japanese oni real?
>>
>>18712462
oni if you believe
>>
Certain spirits like kitsune are, but pretty sure 'oni' is just another name for the fallen angels/demons of the goetia.

They are immortal and drain energy.
>>
They are what a person becomes when 100% neglected and ostricized by the little around them.

In the olden days, something like being too sweaty or having a piece of food stuck in your teeth makes you undesirable to be around. You're instantly taken less care of, which makes you get uglier and uglier. Pretty soon you are disgusting, your teeth are rotten, your skin is dark and dirty and your hair is a mess.

Everyone around you is religious, so they don't believe something caused you to be that way. They think that was always inside of you, and now it's finally showing. You must have been a demon the whole time. Oooonnnniiiiiii.
>>
>>18712490
>Kitsunes are real

You've been watching too much anime.
>>
>>18712511
Eh, I just mean as entities in the incorporeal lucid-astral state. Same with most spiritual forces.
>>
>>18712530
Cultural appropriated versions of the same goetics :)
>>
>>18712535
Naturally. Inari for example fits the classification of a Goetic under fallen Dominion, with kitsune acting as a variety of servitor. Much like succubi with Leviathan or varied other 'familiar' spirits associated with the differing classes of classical divinity.
>>
I thought you asked "are the Japanese real?" Which is a far more interesting question.
>>
Well yeah but they are basically just what we would call demons or evil spirits. Culturally, there are obviously differences, based on how we interpret them and pass down knowledge in stories and legends, if that makes sense.
>>
File: Aokigahara spirits 1.png (3MB, 1792x3088px) Image search: [Google]
Aokigahara spirits 1.png
3MB, 1792x3088px
Well, if the Yokai are real, then I see no reason not to believe that Oni could be too.
>>
File: Aokigahara spirits 2.png (627KB, 1792x2616px) Image search: [Google]
Aokigahara spirits 2.png
627KB, 1792x2616px
>>18713082
>>
File: tfwtoomuchsake.jpg (67KB, 290x413px) Image search: [Google]
tfwtoomuchsake.jpg
67KB, 290x413px
>>18712785
Freedomjap here and yes this.
>>
Yes anon, oniichan is real, alternatively Onishiro-kun and Onimura-san are real too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.