[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /x/. My dad, usually a very quiet and sturdy man, recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1482525578434.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482525578434.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
Hello /x/. My dad, usually a very quiet and sturdy man, recently admitted to my mom that last night he couldn’t sleep. He was tossing and turning in the sheets, when suddenly he heard his bedroom door open and what he described to be an “old lady’s voice” say his name. I didn’t get any details of what happened after that, my dad didn’t tell me personally (because I’m sure that would be embarrassing to him, and we’re not all that close) but my mom has told me about three secrets they’ve sworn to keep between each other, and this was one of them. This means she must have taken him seriously, and she’s been with him for over 25 years, surely she knows if he’d being genuine or not, right? Anyway, that’s besides the point. I fully believe my dad’s claim, so the question is: what caused this? At first I thought perhaps he was just dreaming that he was in bed and heard that in a dream. I asked my mom about this, but she says my dad never has (or maybe he just can’t remember) his dreams. I’m spooked. We’re in a brand new, huge house, built last year, so there were no previous owners. What do you think, /x/? What caused this?
>>
>>18706503
Sleep paralysis. I'm ot going to shot on real experiences, but his lack of ability to fall asleep is the telling sign. He did fall asleep but stayed on an higher state of consciousness. Basically he was awake and asleep at the same time. This can produce paralysis and hallucinations.
>>
>>18706503
Visual and auditory hallucinations aren't uncommon in sleep deprivation if he's been having trouble sleeping for a while. Or he could have been experiencing a kind of sleep paralysis. Also, just about everyone experiences a hallucination of some sort at some point in their life with no known cause or further psychosis. There's really no explanation for that but it does happen so unless your electrical outlets start bleeding I'd chalk it up to a weird experience.
>>
What they said, and also people sometimes get a little visitation at some point in their life to make them reconsider what they know, or how they are living.
>>
>>18706503
It was sleep paralysis, ask him the details
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.