[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they hiding something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vostok_c.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vostok_c.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
Russian controlled Lake Vostok in Antarctica, is the largest subglacial lake on the planet at 250km long. The Russians drilled a 3km hole to get in. Big results were expected by the international community. Lake Vostok had been a sealed ecosystem for possibly 15 million years. Things since then have been very unclear. What's really going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYTaAQnALbI
>>
>>18706046
Russia is making sexy squid girls to distract Japan so they can take over unhindered. Its genius really.
>>
The borehole they drilled had a diameter of 6.4 inches (iirc)

Divers would not have been able to swim down that, the video is fake.
>>
>>18706059
>tfw no russian squid gf
>>
>>18706394
yeah vid definetly fake. More interested in why the data coming from the Russians went so limp. Plenty noticed.

http://www.southpolestation.com/trivia/10s/lakevostok.html
>>
>>18706046
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/735175/vladimir-putin-killer-octopus-organism-46-b-russian-army-secret-weapon-russia
>>
>>18706468
Well either

A. They found something worth keeping mum on. Perhaps uranium or some other such material OR

B. They fucked it up in classic Russian fashion and are just sweeping the whole thing under the rug a la fucked up cosmonaut missions
>>
>>18706468
The Russians went limp because of urging from the international community of biologists that they may in some fashion contaminate Lake Vostok while drilling it. We're talking about a country that threw spent nuclear fuel rods into the ocean for decades without thinking of any ramification and were going to set off a 100 megaton nuclear device for shits and giggles during the Cold War. Not saying Russia is stupid, they are actually brilliant people, but their oversight is a fucking joke.
>>
>>18706046
Fake & Gay
>>
>>18706059
Kek.
>>
>>18706046
I consider most stories out of Antarctica to be disinfo on very real paradigm-changing stuff happening down there. Russia, UK and USA has been partners in corrupt-NWO crime for a long time, and I think the power structure is either ending or changing, hence we see all these bizarre stories of half-truths reaching the surface (public)
>>
>>18706540
I was under the impression they already did contaminate it, via either drilling fluid or the equipment itself
>>
Shoggoths
>>
>>18706538
>a la fucked up cosmonaut missions
Didn't happen (at least way less often than NASA). The Italian broadcast things are complete bull, and it's obvious if you listen to them.

>>18706046
They identified thousands of species through metagenomics. The lake was never opened, it was using ice close to the roof of the lake.

The next stage would be difficult whatever you wish to do. Do you breach the ice roof just to stick a camera down there or what?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.