[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Mercury conspiracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I remember reading my dad's Y2K book when I was a kid, ranting about the Russians, and how they had a mini-nuke made with Red Mercury that could fit in a suitcase and kill a city with no blast.

I looked up Red Mercury yesterday, and things don't add up. The official story:

>Red Mercury doesn't exist
>it never has, but was made as some weird sort of counterintelligence plot
>leaked from Libyan papers in Pravada, where the Libs were trying to buy it from ex-commie countries
>sold by Russian scientists as a placebo, they say it will do anything the buyer wants: Deflect radar, make a crater, disperse neutron radiation, and on and on
>it's fake

BUT

>countries are still trying to buy it
>middle easterners are trying to get it
>after learning Daesh is trying to find some, the IAEA put out a report saying it doesn't exist
>makes me wonder why they wouldn't go along with it so the Jihadists would be on a wild goosechase

So, /x//pol/, what IS Red Mercury?
>>
It couldn't possibly be that Daesh is just retarded.
>>
>>18697595
>>makes me wonder why they wouldn't go along with it so the Jihadists would be on a wild goosechase
red murcury is simple alcohol with coloring, it's what they call the fluid in alcohol thermometers, who's design is based on old mercury thermometers
>>
>>18697595
>y2k book
>things don't add up
I wonder why?

They are probably buying it for some other reason.
>>
>>18697747
When the press started digging back in the 80s, they asked a nuclear scientist who gave a big explanation that it was some form of a complex mercury oxide that would release a steady stream of neutron radiation, the shit that can't be stopped by lead and causes huge damage, like the initial blast from a nuke but constant. It's supposedly very explosive.

But then the IAEA said it was a ruse. Why would a nuke scientist bullshit about that to the press?
>>
>>18697925
It was Samuel Cohen, the father of the neutron bomb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_T._Cohen

>media starts to realize it might be a hoax and misinformation
>Cohen doubles down and makes a bunch of statements about it
>says it has no critical mass, so you can make nukes out of it at practically any size
>claims the Soviets had dozens of the mini-nukes the size of baseballs, and that they were developed to sidestep nonproliferation
>now says that hundreds may be in the hands of terrorists
>he was targeted in 2000 by the Jewish Defense League (actual terrorists, they blew up office buildings and shit) for speaking for third party candidate Pat Buchanan
>>
A bunch of retarded arabs are stupid enough to believe it because of its capabilities and how it can prove beneficial seeing as they cant possibly win any fight
>>
Red mercury is theorized to 6-lithium deuteride (apparently has a reddish color). The part about it being a powerful baleotechnic explosive is most likely bullshit, but with the recent discovery of metallic hydrogen could be more feasible that something like this could exist.
>>
>>18697595
>So, /x//pol/, what IS Red Mercury?
Alchemical mercury. It's not the same as metal mercury at all. It's sometimes called philosophical mercury. You have to understand the art of separating the red from the white.
>>
>>18700842
Passion and purity orrrr?
>>
>>18697595
>>countries are still trying to buy it
Yeah man, because we're so good at counterintelligence.

Red mercury is the nuclear equivalent of a rick roll
>>
Red Mercury as you term it is the special substance used in the famous German bell.

My guess is that it probably had 2-3 special properties over normal Mercury.

1. It was probably physically lighter and less dense
2. It probably had a higher sublime point than Mercury
3. It was able to produce a much more powerful yet controllable plasma anti gravitational field than standard Mercury

This stuff basically allows one to create shapes with metallic properties without the need to molds or forming. In the case of the Germans they would create a "vortex" of this stuff and apply and electrical current to it, thus energizing it and creating a plasma enduced elctro-magnetic field. This field has antigravitaional properties. This is the way to get propulsion without the need for oxidizing fuels thus removing the limits of need to carry the stuff. It's the holy grail of aviation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.