[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting Wendigos and Skinwalkers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17

File: wendigo.png (820KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.png
820KB, 1024x576px
I'll need to know:

1) Where to look for them. What state has the highest concentration of them?

2) What caliber bullets to use. I think 5.56 should work just fine, I don't think I'll need special bullets. Is there anything else I should do? Carry a cross, say a prayer, use silver weaponry, etc.

3) How do I lure them out? What time are they most active, and what can I use to bait them.

I think if I bag one then I can hang its head on my wall as living proof to all the /k/ommandos of their existence.
>>
>1 Skinwalkers

Most of them are now vanquished as of recently

>1 Wendigo

Different thing don't bother with it

2> Bullets

No. Your weapon is your heart and a blessed weapon which I cannot determine for you. If your heart is not pure you will die

>3 Luring

If your heart is pure you will find them and they will flee in terror

>I think if I bag one then I can hang its head on my wall as living proof to all the /k/ommandos of their existence.

no. just stay away you are not prepared for that
>>
>>18694840
>hunting skinwalkers
Pretty sure hunting people is illegal.
>>
File: Mopp.jpg (253KB, 600x808px) Image search: [Google]
Mopp.jpg
253KB, 600x808px
>>18695090
Not if you get them in animal form.
>>
Neither of those things are real but you can walk around in the woods with a gun if you like
>>
File: elevator.jpg (176KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
elevator.jpg
176KB, 1000x1000px
>>18694840
I think the skinwalkers can be found throughout the woods in the USA, but the wendigos are up north I believe, around the Canadian tundra and wasteland.

>>18695023
We've got plenty of other stories of skinwalkers being at least hurt with bullets. I see no reason they can't be killed.
>>
>>18695023
>stay away
>not hunting cryptids

Don't listen to this anon, do it for science
The chupacabra was described as an alien with psychic powers and guess what?, it's just a weird mostly hairless dog
>>
File: operator.jpg (345KB, 1024x1338px) Image search: [Google]
operator.jpg
345KB, 1024x1338px
>>18695183
Well, most of this stuff turns out to be pretty mundane, like the giant squid for example. If it's not, I always have my faith in God and a whole lotta bullets. From what I can tell, most skinwalkers can be found at night. The wendigos I'm not so sure of, most appearances seem to happen in the winter up north, and I don't think the Canadians would take kindly to me prancing around their frozen tundra armed for bear.
>>
>>18695195
Alaska, you can go into Alaska for Wendigo
>>
>>18695107
There are stories of them reverting to human form upon death, so they may not make a good trophy OP can show off.

>>18694840
As for weaponry

skinwalkers- There may be some tales of special items to use to kill them, but there are about an equal number of tales of using mundane shit to end up killing them. In a pinch, Quantity over Quality regarding shots.

Wendigo- Fire. Literally, fire is their weakness. Problem is though, the Wendigo is a spirit in its true form. Most stories say the spirit attaches to someone who eats the flesh of another human and turns them into a monstrous form. Some stories say that the Wendigo itself possesses you and forces you to commit acts of cannibalism and turning you into a monstrous form. Dunno which of those views are true, so you may want to avoid looking for this one.

Luring
Skinwalkers- Try mid-west US and areas south of there. Shit tends to get spookier the more south you go including mexico and central america. Remember, they are people who committed a grave sin against humanity to gain these animal forms, so watch out for weird and spooky people who give off really bad vibes.

Wendigo- if you enter its territory it'll find you. Good news is that it might try to take you alive, bad news is that it may do that to feast on your flesh gradually so as to preserve the freshness of the meat.

I should note that if you do go hunting skinwalkers make sure to attack them when in their animal form as just randomly shooting some weirdo in the streets is generally frowned upon by society.
>>
>>18695180
>I think the skinwalkers can be found throughout the woods in the USA
Even though they're only from Navajo legend?
>>
>>18694840
Oh look, it's THIS fucking thread again, as if OP expects it to be different from EVERY OTHER TIME it's been posted!
>>
I can understand an interest in hunting a skinwalker, even though it's pretty foolish.
But why in the fuck would you want to hunt down a Wendigo? That's literally a demon. You're not going to kill it with some fuckin' bullets, that thing is gonna kill you and fuck your corpse.
>>
>>18694840
I don't think bullets will stop a wendigo
>>
>>18694840
I think OP is actually looking for fleshgeits instead of skinwalkers
>>
>>18694840
1) You don't find them, they find you.

2) You'll be hard pressed to kill either with a bullet unless they're smothered in white ash or gold, neither of which is particularly easy to do. That said I've heard stories from /k/ommandos of them retreating from something as small as 5.56... maybe bring 7.62 mosin though, just to be sure. One round from that and the fucker will be hurting for a while.

3) Depends on the area and type. Traditionally they take notice of self-styled "warriors" or people entering ancestral lands who really should be there. Like I said, they'll find you, not the other way around.
>>
>>18694840
>What state has the highest concentration of them?

Right there youre fucked, too south.

You MIGHT get lucky at the very northern border to Maine, but thats probably your only chance.

Wana hunt wendigos? You better practice for your Canadian citizenship test.
>>
>>18696713
>2) You'll be hard pressed to kill either with a bullet

Youre better off with an iron melee weapon than a gun in this instance, preferably something youre attached to or thats been in the family a long time.
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (149KB, 788x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
149KB, 788x1014px
>>18695426
>Wendigo- if you enter its territory it'll find you. Good news is that it might try to take you alive, bad news is that it may do that to feast on your flesh gradually so as to preserve the freshness of the meat.

Wendigos dont preserve freshness, theyre more likely to kill you to eat you frozen.

American roleplayers need to stop giving advice on other countries spooks they have no direct interactions with and getting things at best half right.

I realize youre right next to Canada and all that but the errors in information could be dangerous for people.

For example
>Wendigo- Fire. Literally, fire is their weakness.

Thats a half truth, they will stay away from any source of flame, huddling near a campfire that you can keep going is going to protect you. In many local legends the wendigo is continuously burning from the knees down and has an extreme aversion to fire.

However the physical traits of a wendigo make using a torch or any type of fire as a direct weapon foolish. They can alter human perception and move insane fast, you arent going to do anything against one with fire except establish a defensive area hard for the creature to enter, but it would be too clumsy to be used as a weapon proper.

I live in the northern Atlantic forests of Canadas maritime provinces Wendigo Compton basically. (Along with some areas around the great lakes.)You RPers who have no clue are going to get someone fucking killed. Worse than killed.

For the love of god dont use a fucking gun, you will NEVER EVER hit a wendigo with a bullet its just not ever going to happen, you need a melee weapon you can believe in.

As always iron is best, and it being ancestral or somehow blessed (Lots of ways to do that,the ash trick from earlier in this thread does work supposedly.)
>>
>>18696769
While this is probably true, it's worth noting that I've actually never heard of anyone standing toe-to-toe with a skinwalker in melee combat and coming out on top.

Then again, most skinwalker stories I've read focus on the skinwalkers coming after people, not the other way around.

If OP actually manages to go full DOOMslayer and cut down a skinwalker with a blade covered in white ash then color me impressed.
>>
File: gogowen.jpg (89KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
gogowen.jpg
89KB, 894x894px
>>18695426
>Fire. Literally, fire is their weakness
Incendiary bullets and molotov cocktails perhaps?
>>
>>18696956
The reason a gun is worthless is a Wendigo is able to alter perception (only appearing in the edge of vision is a very common one.) and can move insane fast or has somehow.

Like nearly too fast to perceive with accuracy.
>>
>>18696976
>and can move insane fast or has somehow.

>Or has some way to all but appear to be
>>
>>18696976
I cant speak with authority on skinwalkers, I only have first hand experience with Wendigo due to where i live.

Id probably try to shoot one first though, arent they just shape changers?
>>
File: wndgo.jpg (175KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
wndgo.jpg
175KB, 350x525px
>>18696976
If it moves so insanely fast I think a bullet traveling 2,500 feet per second is gonna have better luck than some dude try to melee with the thing.
>>
>>18697016
Its not the bullet thats the problem its the human ability to track it effectively.
>>
File: tactical.jpg (292KB, 1024x972px) Image search: [Google]
tactical.jpg
292KB, 1024x972px
>>18694840
Should I bring a dog? I figure that while I'm sleeping innawoods I'd be pretty vulnerable to attack, so a dog could act as an early warning for me.

Also, for Wendigos it sounds like bringing a flamethrower would be useful, if I can avoid burning down the whole forest while I'm at it.
>>
>>18696942
Admittedly it seems like there's a lot of confusion and disinformation from 'Muricans providing advice against Wendigos that'd otherwise work on skinwalkers/goatmen/various other unknown creatures that have fallen under the "skinwalker" umbrella recently.

Bit of a shame, seems like there's no agreed upon bestiary or method of identifying any of the creatures. With no solid rules it makes it stupid easy for RP'ers to royally fuck with known information about these beings.
>>
>>18697085
Dogs have a natural talent for picking up on these sort of things, but you need to be prepared for that dog to die a horrible, horrible death.

Historically, things never go well for the dog.
>>
>>18697086
Theyre not even remotely the same thing except for some adaptations to pop culture, and the overall look that has given them in many instances.

That leads people to lump them together, but they arent remotely the same things.
>>
>>18697085
Dogs are very very helpful, id go so far as to say from personal expereince up here, i consider them essential for any time in the woods.

>Also, for Wendigos it sounds like bringing a flamethrower would be useful.

Just be aware that a wendigo is of human intelligence and able to mess with perception and that might work against the dogs.

Also that tank is going to be heavy as fuck in the snow, even a light snow covering magnifies the difficulty in walking the woods with light gear.

Personally I take multiple dogs into the woods whenever i step into the great white north.
>>
>>18697099
Hey man, I'm right there with you. I honestly wish there was some sort of lexicon of New World creatures and spirits that's actually consistent with real life accounts and legends instead of RP bullshit.
>>
File: jumping jack.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jumping jack.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
>>18697097
I could always buy some adult German Shepherd or similar dog that I have no special connection with. I'm certainly not bringing my own dogs, the Beagle's old and fat and the Husky's far too friendly and quiet.
>>
>>18697145
So much this.
>>
File: Hunter.jpg (166KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter.jpg
166KB, 680x650px
>>18694840
Okay, so how's this set up look so far? Assume that the hatchet and knife will be covered in white ash.
>>
>>18694840
Alright, OP, I'm going to list off everything that you need, and then link every nerd that had it completely wrong. If you ever want to link up to go hunting some time, I'm more than down. I've run into 2 wendigos and 3 relatively suspicious things in the Midwest without incident. I wasn't inclined to follow them, but at least had luck keeping them off my trail.

Wendigos can be caught, but they're hard to hold still or restrain due to ridiculous strength and disregard for bodily harm. We're talking ripping their own limbs off just to get out of a bind, or breaking everything attached to what's holding them down. Doesn't mean it's not possible. Fire is a repellent, so tracking them requires a lack of, and that plays into the mythology behind their creation. Killing them requires full dismemberment or burning, both of which are nearly impossible given the conditions you're going to find them in and their general capability. Unless you're comfortable in subzero temperatures and a less than 20% chance of actually getting the kill, fuck that bud.

Skinwalkers are a different game. I'm not familiar with exactly how many bullets you have to pump into one to get the kill, but typically a form of neural damage does the job. You could beat it to death with a baseball bat if you were really feeling it. Depending on the means by which they've become skinwalking(disregarding the entities that are mimics and not men who take form), any variety of ash from burnt wood that you had cut down and sparked yourself, to fire and poison are good means to take them down.

That out there, when you say skinwalker are you really referring to the creepy crawly fuckers that are entirely nonhuman?
>>
>>18695023
not entirely wrong but pretty dumb.
>>18695090
this guy gets it.
>>18695180
a wendigo isn't limited to the tundra or "wastelands", just any area where conditions are favorable, like any other animal.
>>18695226
not wrong, but you're going to get eaten by a bear before running into a wendigo. as much as I loved living up there, the cleanliness of the area doesn't promote a lot of stuff like that.
>>18695426
generally correct.
>>18695443
except they're not. almost every culture across the planet has a shaman or warrior mythology involving shape shifting.
>>18695536
not a demon.
>>18695767
no but they'll piss it off.
>>18695913
YOOOOO dude me and other hombre coined that term, I'm so glad some of the old crowd is still here.
>>18696713
on the mark aside from gold, gold is the other side of the spectrum. you're looking for silver.
>>18696754
close, but not full insertion.
>>18696769
iron isn't bad, but I don't recommend getting that close to a wendigo. beating a skinwalker with an iron pipe is like beating any other animal, would you really want to get into a fight with a wolf with a firepoker? and don't say yes because that's dumb.
>>18696942
this guy also gets it.
>>18696976
they can't alter perception.
>>18697016
see>>18697080
>>18697085
a dog will either do two things, run away or get in the way. one of which will fuck you in the long run.
>>
File: white witch.jpg (54KB, 450x640px) Image search: [Google]
white witch.jpg
54KB, 450x640px
>>18697899
>creepy crawly fuckers that are entirely nonhuman?
Depends. Like >>18697145 said, the lack of any sort of organized categorization means that any /k/ommando or /x/pert who sees a cryptid might misidentify it as a skin-walker, so I could be looking to hunt what I think is a skin-walker but I'm just hunting some random beast. That being said, I would say the creature I am looking for is a skin-walker, as in the kind of Navajo legend that can transform into different animals, not just some random cryptid.
>>
1. New Mexico, Utah, Arizona.

2. You can use whatever, if they are in human form. But to make them come out of their protected animal form, you have to do one of two things. Wound them with a weapon coated in white ash. (Or made of the wood, white ash...they never specify) OR learn the Skinwalker's name and yell it at him. Both render them (supposedly) human.

3. Lure them by pissing them off while in human form. Basically...go as lk some Injuns where the local outcasts live, then go drunkenly speed through their property or something. Idk. You'd be baiting the human. Not the animal.

Wendigos are not the same thing. And they are spiritual, not physical. I.e. weapons no worky.
>>
>>18698168
Well I've got organized categorization on hand bud, it's just a matter of asking. In that case, you hunt them like any other animal, but locating or identifying them is another thing. The issue that's not commonly discussed is that they are not common in the least. Finding a true Native American skinwalker is like picking a needle out of a ten haystacks. Most of what you've read about or maybe even heard, are something else entirely and encroach upon the territory of undershit, "faerie", being one word for that class of thing. The Scandinavian's have their White Lady, men-by-the-river, trolls, draugr, vargr; the Germanic have their dwarves, kobolds, lake people; the Ural strigoi and upr; the Australian Abo have Short Ones and a myriad of mimics, and the list goes on. Most cultures just denote it as demons or some form of spiritual, but it's best described by the Celts. They left their lands to us, and the ones who aren't happy with our disrespect are hanging around as long as they can.
>>
File: snowsnipper.jpg (128KB, 1244x700px) Image search: [Google]
snowsnipper.jpg
128KB, 1244x700px
>>18694840
Okay, well this thread has been rather helpful. I'll just take all of your advice, even if some of it is contradictory or false there ought to be some of it that works. So, basically:
1) Go north for wendigos, and far south for skinwalkers (I'm in Michigan for reference)
2) Bring bullets, fire, white ash covering a blade, and gold and silver.
3) Maybe bring a dog(?)
4) Skin-walker will either be killed in human form, or revert to human form once dead. Hide the body well.
5) Wendigos are spiritual beings. Bring spiritual weapons.
6) They will find me, not the other way around. Be prepared.
7) Good places to look for wendigos: Alaska, northern Maine, Canada
8) Good places to look for skinwalkers: southwestern USA, specifically New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona
>>
>>18698350
Yes. If you come down South, hit me up dawg. I live a few hours from NM. We go make bad decisions in the woods together.
>>
>>18698350
>7) Good places to look for wendigos: Alaska, northern Maine, Canada
>8)
Remember to invoke the Authority of Eashoa, as only Christ can protect you from demonic powers
>>
>>18698374
Or Cernunnos. Jesus wasn't very outdoorsy
>>
File: backwards.jpg (454KB, 1600x1509px) Image search: [Google]
backwards.jpg
454KB, 1600x1509px
>>18698374
Of course, I wouldn't think about hunting either of these creatures without the help of the Almighty.
>>
This thread is gay and you should all feel bad for playing pretend. Especially with something as terribly banal as /x/'s "skinwalkers."

And I'm just laughing at everybody in this thread describing Until Dawn's wendigos and how to hunt them.
>>
>>18697962
>I live in the northern Atlantic forests of Canadas maritime provinces Wendigo Compton basically. (Along with some areas around the great lakes.)You RPers who have no clue are going to get someone fucking killed. Worse than killed.

Dude thats me, talk to the native Algonquins listen to their tales of how it stalks people through the snow, the Wendigo can alter perceptions of itself.

A lot of them think this is how the 'Fast' movement effect works.

Also a well trained dog or dogs acclimated to its master isnt going to get in the way or get killed in the woods.
>>
File: WendigoMain.png (365KB, 464x479px) Image search: [Google]
WendigoMain.png
365KB, 464x479px
>>18698879
Just read up on Until Dawn, looks like they made an effort to be accurate to native american legend thats what youre seeing.

Although they used a historical variation in the origin, well thats my understanding, basically there are 3 variations TLDR environmental destruction by white man, winter time cannibalism, the wendigo warrior who made a deal to save his tribe.

Im just sharing local folklore, im no wendigo hunter or any BS like that.
>>
>>18698350
>4) Skin-walker will either be killed in human form, or revert to human form once dead. Hide the body well.

How do you want to avoid accidentally murdering some other innawoodsfag or night-hiker?
>>
> CNN Headlines

> Neckbeard murders elderly native american

> Bu..bu..but he was a wendygoer
>>
File: loveroftherussianqueen.jpg (630KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
loveroftherussianqueen.jpg
630KB, 750x1000px
>>18699905
I'll either wait to seem him do some transforming, or let him attack me first, skinwalkers seem easier to dispatch than wendigos it shouldn't be a death sentence to wait for him to become aggressive. Or maybe he'll be friendly and we'll share a hot cup of coffee over a fire, who knows?
>>
>>18699815
basically it's when one of our own goes crazy and starts killin people
>>
>>18697791
I know this isn't the place, but what game is that image from?
>>
File: innawoods guerilla.jpg (152KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods guerilla.jpg
152KB, 680x650px
>>18699982
innawoods.net
>>
>>18699955
That does seem to be the common ground in the stories ive heard.
>>
>>18700008
Thanks. Nice trips btw
>>
>>18698879
Although i fine this retarded as well, some (if not most) work of fiction are based on real-life elements. That sure includes games retard.
>>
>>18696961
/k/ Advice here.
Incendiary ammunition lacks the penetrative power that might be needed to put down something like that. Assuming that a *chemical* (phosphorus) flame would be even effective:
>assuming that 5.56x45mm NATO can penetrate this target
>5.56x45mm NATO is weak on the rifle cartridge spectrum
>the target is expected to already be bullet resistant
>Incendiary ammunition pierces worse than 5.56X45mm NATO
>>
File: JTF.jpg (81KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
JTF.jpg
81KB, 600x641px
>>18700563
Would it really have trouble penetrating? It should be fairly fleshy, my bigger concern would be the bullets passing through without doing enough damage. Especially since iron, ash, and fire seem to be its weaknesses, but lead likely won't have the same effect.
>>
>>18700868
Density of flesh? Hardness of skin? Physical hardpoints? Bullets can be deflected off the human skull, albeit with smaller cartridges or lower velocities.
>Just stay away from rifle cartridges deliberately designed to be weaker, like the NATO 5.56x45mm
>If you can get an automatic rifle with something like the 7.62x54mmR
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.