[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious radio station, UVB-76

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: old_soviet_building.jpg (412KB, 625x938px) Image search: [Google]
old_soviet_building.jpg
412KB, 625x938px
Its mysterious and creepy, so I guess this is an /x/ topic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

And it was mentioned that this might actually tie into the Soviet Unions (and possible still used by Russia) Dead Hand system. Where in the event of a nuclear attack that happens to kill everybody in Russia that can launch Russias nukes, the nukes can launch them-selves automatically. Allowing 2nd strike capability even if everybody is already dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcv_cGLjxCY
>>
Russia is so creepy sometimes.
>>
You know whats really freaky hearing "Skyking Skyking do not answer" 4 times in a row.
>>
>>18692766

Reminds me of the hatch from LOST.
>>
>>18692766
I still tune in frequently using the utwente scanner. I find it strangely soothing, and very odd at the same time.
>>
>>18694681
Also, signal interruptions are common.. & many such stations are often jammed.
>>
>>18694681
>I find it strangely soothing,

It makes me feel uneasy, like they know I'm listening to it.

Or the idea that this might tie into Nuclear weapons makes me feel uneasy, like when this thing stops beeping is when we all die.
>>
File: radio_jews.jpg (274KB, 743x924px) Image search: [Google]
radio_jews.jpg
274KB, 743x924px
>>18693065
>>
>>18694769
Man, that's actually epic.
>>
>>18694769
holy shit did this really happen?? I wonder what some Airman thought when he saw that.
Maybe it was an airforce radio operator himself doing it for lulz
>>
>>18694681

Ever hear anything unusual?
>>
>>18694751
If Radio 4 stops broadcasting in the UK for something like 3 days I think, that is a signal for the Trident Nuclear Submarines to fire. Note also that the Tories are putting massive burden on the BBC despite this incredible potential danger. It could trigger WWIII.
>>
>>18694883
No.
>>
We know its some sort of Russian military thing, because the signal came from a Russian military base before the signal moved to an unknown location afaik.

And that very rarely there are human words instead of buzzing that are obviously secret codes.
>>
>>18696803

That's alarming, they only use one broadcast station for that?
>>
>>18696803
Someone should use a big jammer to ruin the signal just to see if a war starts, for fun
>>
>>18696811
Yes it was
>>
>>18698125
No it wasnt
>>
>>18694769
>muhammad has found out how technology works
Were doomed
>>
>>18698127
You want me to drop the original .wav and prove you to be a fucking moron of grand proportions?
>>
whats U.S equivalent of Dead Hand?
>>
>>18698127
It friggin was
>>
>>18694769
Lol did that actually happen?
>>
>>18698267
No it fuggin wasnt
>>
File: hhmmm.png (16KB, 120x57px) Image search: [Google]
hhmmm.png
16KB, 120x57px
>>18698197
yes
>>
>>18698291
Yes it feggin wuz
>>
>>18698197
I want proof from real HAM nerds on HAM nerd forums who 100% would have picked this up and gone crazy about it. All I see is some nerd casual samefagging and shitposting on /pol/.
>>
Welll, this thread went to the shitter.
>>
>>18698603
No it didn't
>>
A video about the Dead hand,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkhAlGoXgKQ
>>
>>18698668
Yes it did.
>>
>>18700895
It did nawt... Oh, hi Mark
>>
>>18694883
>holy shit did this really happen??
long time dx'er here: it didn't happen.
>>
/k/ dweller here. I am an avid shortwave enthusiast. I've picked up UVB-76 a few times but the weirdest signal I ever captured was a broadcast that played some military march followed by Korean. It was around 104 Mhz.
>>
seems to be that uvb-76 has moved from a small suburb of moskva to st.petersburg

4625khz everyday all day long
>>
>>18698493
Non it dibbin didnt
>>
>>18701719
Yes it did
>>
>>18694769
I kekked
>>
>>18694664
So glad I stopped watching that garbage show in season 2. Also called it at the time saying they would be in purgatory.
>>
>>18702450
No, you didn't
>>
>>18702450

everyone guessed they were in purgatory and the show's writer assured us that wasn't the case. then he got in a kerfluffle because the producers wanted to milk the cash cow and draw out a 3 season show into a 7+ season nightmare with lots of boring filler and he bolted and the losers who were left trying to write the script didn't know what the "totally not purgatory" secret of the island was supposed to be so they just shrugged and said "fuck it, feed the fans a shit sandwich, we still got paid."

or so i've heard. now get the thread back on topic you fag
>>
>>18696803
An easy Allahu Ackbar on the place would cause some serious trouble then.

They must have better means of firing missiles.
>>
>>18702802

Your forgetting the writers strike also hit this show hard, resulting in a season 4 that introduced a lot of elements that completely knocked the show off its intended course and negatively effected the rest of the show.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.