[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NASA Needs Better Graphic Artists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Seriously, what the fuck is with the shoddy censorship on Jupiter's south pole?
It almost annoys me that they put little to no effort into it.
(For those of you who can't see it, notice the uniformly colored circle drawn on the center of this image.)
>>
>>18691680
They are hiding the vortex at the bottom of the planet of course. Probably so people dont look into hollow earth, antarctic temples etc.
>>
>>18691680
It is not cencorship. iirc it had something to do with textures and mapping them on a sphere being weird. Similar stuff with google maps. It is not an actual photo, if thats what you thought
>>
>>18691712
Wouldn't you see texture stretching if this were true?
This is just a blatant cutoff.
>>
>>18691734
You do see texture stretching, they just removed the most fucked part.
It's a lot easier and faster to just plug the gap rather than adjust the right proportions on the model.
>>
File: Unb.png (121KB, 723x408px) Image search: [Google]
Unb.png
121KB, 723x408px
>>18691734
I guess they cut something off to prevent stretching. It is not like we have that much detailed data about how the southpole looks like anyway. Seems like a very common problem in mappings like this.
Just rechecked google maps and they have the same sort of cut off. Seems like a technical problem, but yeah I guess it could be fixable with a little more effort
>>
>>18691734
>>18691814
Also forgot to mention.
That area is more or less in constant darkness, this is the only real solution to the problem of wierd textures.
>>
File: dddd.jpg (113KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
dddd.jpg
113KB, 1200x675px
>>18691680
>ITT OP who browses /x/ thinks he knows more than experienced astronomers about the area of a planet available for scanning by instruments, and shows himself to be a laughing-stock failure yet again
>>
>>18691712
shill
>>
>>18692591
yoghurt
>>
File: df87bcc.jpg (308KB, 1338x2597px) Image search: [Google]
df87bcc.jpg
308KB, 1338x2597px
Maybe your answer lies in how the data was captured. Juno isn't flying directly above Jupiter so there is going to be a point that's cutoff. To achieve this image, it took images(data) from different points and relayed the data back for an artist to stitch together.

Spacecraft can't just snap a photo and send it back, it sends strands of the image as 0s and 1s.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>18691680

>map real data to a fake projection; polar projections are (in math words) degenerate at the origin which causes Big Problems
"WHY DOES THIS LOOK SO FUCKING WONKY AND FAKE"

never change /x/
>>
>>18691680
It's a composite photo
>>
>>18692693
Blue berry pancakes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.