[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Oak Island Money Pit a hoax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

I watched a documentary today and it fucking confused me. Is the money pit a hoax? Is it just a sinkhole? Or do you think there is actually treasure down there?
>>
>>18690370
People who still believe in this shit should be dropped in the pit.
>>
>>18690467
>still believe

"Believing" in a hole that has been documented as being filled with planks and chests isn't quite the same as believing in astral projection into planes of succubi anon.
>>
>>18690488
Pwnd
>>
>>18690488
Never been any prove of manmade "planks" and "chests". All supposed evidence is conveniently lost.

Believing in this shit is on par with astral projections and succubi.
>>
>>18690488
the only thing that has been found is layers of trees and rocks. no treasure has ever been found there.
>>
>>18690370
I think there was a loss of translation for "money pit".

They thought it was full of money, When in reality....It was just shitty land
>>
>>18690498
No it isn't. Because planks and chests exist.
>>
I wouldn't doubt it
>>
>>18691738

No see, the shill used the qualifier "manmade" clearly it hasn't been proven that those chests and planks weren't natural.
>>
>>18691828
>shill

Oh come on.

I don't even have any involvement in this thread but I very much doubt anyone is paying people to shill for this lame shit.
>>
I really believe that there was something but...i think there were many people over time and ..the first..or..at first..the didn't know what is up there and activated some old school traps etc and then they had another chance ..but they didn't had that much money..and instead of doing it really precise they just fucked everything with excavators up and opened it wrong and destroyed everything.
The said that ubder that island are many streams who lead into the ocean and i think whatever was there down here is in pieces in this streams and out in the ocean..

Or maybe not..but i saw one picture and they pretty much just dug up everything and then it rained and all that shit..
>>
>>18690370
It is not a hoax, but there is nothing in it.
The first official records of it was kids finding the remains of the equipment used to remove what was there.
It is now just an empty hole full of boobytraps
>>
>>18690370
sinkhole makes a lot more sense than buried treasure. how was the original owner ever supposed to retrieve it?
>>
>>18693674

>imploding it wasn't just an old timey troll setting something up to fuck with dumbasses in the future.
>>
>>18693674
the point is it gets sent underground for their goblin masters
>>
I remember seeing an explanation that it has a channel leading out to sea, the underground stream in OP's pic. It's designed so it will always fill back up to the same level... it's just elaborate old school trolling
>>
I want to believe.
>>
>>18691873
I usually lurk but yeah that seems to be the go-to empty response from most people on here when there's nothing to counter with from a logical standpoint
>>
Realistically, at some point long ago, a ship pulled up at that island and for months they dug that pit, along with the flood chutes, and put something in the bottom.

The original searchers messed up and triggered the trap.

That's all we really know. There's definitely something of value in it, I mean it would have taken a whole crew at least six months to create. You don't do that for no reason. And it may have been left mostly hollow, with dirt coming in from the sides with age, the contents may have been really easy to recover when it was first built.
>>
I want to get to it bottom of this myself
>>
>>18692269
>but...i think there were many people over time and ..the first..or..at first..
Lay off the fucking period key you damn autist.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.