[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staircases Alone In The Forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: zDZzX.jpg (300KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
zDZzX.jpg
300KB, 1280x958px
Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I am not dedicated enough to find it.

So I've become curious about these stairs after hearing countless stories about them. These stories include people stepping on them and instantly breaking a bone, having a stroke, heart attack, or dying. So /x/ what do you think about them? Is there something I don't know, am I just late? Or is there more to them than we all know?
>>
It's just an urban legend dude. It's entertaining, but that's all it is.
>>
>>18687142
Damn, Well it was worth searching for something, It would be fascinating if it really was true.

Thank you for the info tho
>>
they are portals to another dimension be afraid but also some are good you must know the difference
>>
wtf the stairs thing came from a reddit post why are you treating it like they're real
>>
the stairs look like its made of steel and is 1 piece. somebody probably disposed of it by putting it there.
>>
Its reddit creepypasta, the author was going to write a book.
>>
File: 1487916140794.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1487916140794.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
Looks like they were building a bridge and run out of funding
>>
>>18687140
Completely fictional reddit creepypasta. From /r/nosleep which is a dedicated fictional spooky story sub.
>>
>>18687201
many people have seen them irl and been spooped hard
>>
>>18687140
>>18687209
Staircases (and in older houses, chimneys) are often constructed in such a way and out of materials to be free standing This means that if the building collapses or burns down, the stairs and chimney are left behind.
>>
Somewhere someone is putting staircases in woods to fuck with people, while laughing his ass off in anticipation of seeing people freak out.
>>
Most are just creepy pasta stories with no actual truth. There probably are isolated ones out there but have legit mundane excuses.
>>
These abandoned artifacts, especially door frames and staircases, serve as bridges to the other place. Because they once functioned as an object, they allow for access on our side, but since they are no longer a proper part of the phenomenal world, they can be used as a means of access.

Very rarely will you find something similar in an urban setting, but they are there. Look up Hyperart Thomasson if you're interested.
>>
>>18687140
It's a metaphor.
A staircase is a thread. A forest is a data structure. I believe it originates from the I Told You About Stairs meme.
People step on them (read certain crap threads on the net) and have bizarre reactions.
>>
>>18687300
But there should be debris around. And if someone bothered to clean up, then why leave the stairs behind?
>>
File: Escalatortonowhere.jpg (22KB, 396x317px) Image search: [Google]
Escalatortonowhere.jpg
22KB, 396x317px
>>
>>18687645
thx
>>
>>18687158
>>18687171
>>18687201
It was a pretty interesting read for the first few parts, but it became really clear as the author continued that he hadn't planned his "story" out.
The whole thing got pretty repetitive and mundane from there and continued downhill until the author realized he could make some money off the /r/nosleep manchildren and left to write a book
>>
>>18687300
This

>>18687657
There generally is, but "stairs" is one of the simplest shapes you'll recognize as a "structure" versus just a pile of stones

I've spent a lot of time in the woods and know where there are several staircases that don't lead anywhere. One of them is part of a lock from a canal that's been dry for 100+ years, another one used to lead to a wooden bridge that's been swept away, another one went into a mansion that burned down.
>>
>>18687140
There is an easy explanation for stairs being in the woods. If the views is very scenic and pretty they would want to build a viewpoint so they can see it better.
>>
>>18687140
>stories
Like which ones? I like to think I know al lot about paranormal things yet I've never heard of this.
>>
>>18687956
I think it was from a reddit from a Forest Service employee talking about the "creepy things" in the deep forest. Turns out it was just a creepy fic writer.
>>
>>18687665
MONORAIL! MONORAIL! MONORAIL!
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/
>>
>>18687969
>>18688033

This one. They compiled all the good ones into a youtube video somewhere if you prefer to have things read to you
>>
>>18688033
lol if all this was real this guy would have had the most paranormal experiences of anyone, ever. I don't think Abraham, David, Noah, Moses and Jesus combined had this much freaky shit happen to them.
>>
>>18687140
There is a thread on this on the site below. They think there is a supernatural explanation for these. It's a lengthy discussion.

http://nrgiseternal.com/index.php/topic,213.0.html
>>
>>18688042
yeah corpse husband reads all of them its a 2 hour long vid
>>
>>18687140

Illegal construction is srs bsns
>>
>>18688444
Nice trips
>>
File: watchtower_stairs_21410948.jpg (70KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
watchtower_stairs_21410948.jpg
70KB, 300x450px
>>18687140
>>18687151
Looks more like an alt-huntingtower/watchtower.
>>
>HEY GUYS DO SPOOKY STAIRCASES REALLY APPEAR IN FORESTS?

I know this is /x/ and people pretend to believe in retarded shit like Tulpas and ancient aliens but c'mon anon.
>>
I think the stairs are used for fishing
>>
>>18687140
these stairs in the picture look like they're there for observation purposes

if you're talking about those stories about the guy who works as a park ranger and keeps finding weird shit and stairs to nowhere in the woods, those stories are fake. they originated from a board on reddit called nosleep. if there are more, it's probably just people ripping off the original guy, or people building on his ideas. he has his own board now-- https://www.reddit.com/r/StairsintheWoods/
>>
>>18687984
MONO-d'oh!
>>
I live in the rural northwest of ireland this is actually common enough seeing random staircases and old chimneys in random places very occasionally a random wall with a window nothing creepy about it more sad than anything the real head scratchers for me are the wells that somebody is clearly maintaining
>>
>>18687142
fuck off
>>
>>18693627
The guy is right anon stop trying to fight it already.

Do we constantly have to play pretend stupid shit on /x/ now? If something is fiction, enjoy it for it what it is.

Just stop shilling fake shit as the straight dope.
>>
Why is this thread always here every time I come check in on /x/
>>
>>18688693

that's maybe what they used it for, but if you grew up in the country around a military base or big industry, shit like this will always get picked up and repurposed by scrappers. the stairs in the picture could easily be from an old maintenance bay or heavy equipment garage.

i've seen stranger shit laying around on old plots of land.
>>
>Be me
>Live in deepwoods midwest
>Have 60 acres of woods about a quarter mile walk form my back yard
>We moved onto the property when I was around 13
>Perfect age for exploration
>Never venture more than a a third the way in
>The brush is dense and there are no paths or trails
>One evening my dad tells me he wants me to walk to the end and back to try and find game trails for deer season
>Do as he says
>Start walking, bring sandwich and water
>About 15 minutes into the walk I'm the furthest I've ever been
>Find a stream, a few game trails, some old barbed wire, and rusted sheet metal
>Keep walking
>15 more minutes in and I'm nearing the end
>Suddenly I see it
>What looks like a Victorian style stair case sitting there
>The wood on it is badly rotted, must've been sitting there for years
>Wonder how it got there
>I'm far away from it but through the trees I see someone walk around it like they're looking for something
>They then climb up it, trip, and fall
>Adrenaline starts pumpong
>Don't see them get back up
>The person was wearing the same colored shirt as me
>Figure they must've gotten hurt so I walk over to it
>Walk around it
>Don't see them anywhere
>Walk up it
>I slip and fall down
>Hit my head on a rock
>I'm out for a solid hour
>Enough time for the sun to start to set
>At this point I'll still be half way in by the time it's dark, and don't have a flashlight
>Start gunning it back to the house
>Hitting vines, stepping on thorns
>Make it to the house just as the last bit of twlight fades
>Adrenaline pumping like crazy
>I get inside and lay down on the couch
>No one else is home
>Think about what happened
>Realize that I did the exact same actions as the person I thought I saw
>That person was me
>I watched myself trip
>spend the rest of the month researching time skips
>Eventually forget about it

I never went that far into the woods again. That staircase shouldn't have been there and there was definitely something malicious about it.
>>
>>18687544
You have autism
>>
>>18687140
It's fake you fucking idiot.
>>
[insert Led Zeppelin lyrics here]
>>
>>18693173
it's called a subreddit you banshee
>>
>>18687140
it's called art
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.