[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 6289522863_58ec7c19ea_b.jpg (297KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6289522863_58ec7c19ea_b.jpg
297KB, 1024x1024px
Can we have an urban legends thread? Any and all urban legends welcome. Even your own local ones.

A married couple were going out for the evening and called in a teenage babysitter to take care of their three children. When she arrived they told her they probably wouldn't be back until late, and that the kids were already asleep so she needn't disturb them.

The babysitter starts doing her homework while awaiting a call from her boyfriend. After awhile the phone rings. She answers it, but hears no one on the other end — just silence, then whoever it is hangs up. After a few more minutes the phone rings again. She answers, and this time there's a man on the line who says, in a chilling voice, "Have you checked the children?"

Click.

At first she thinks it might have been the father calling to check up and he got interrupted, so she decides to ignore it. She goes back to her homework, then the phone rings again. "Have you checked the children?" says the creepy voice on the other end.

"Mr. Murphy?" she asks, but the caller hangs up again.

She decides to phone the restaurant where the parents said they'd be dining, but when she asks for Mr. Murphy she is told that he and his wife had left the restaurant 45 minutes earlier. So she calls the police and reports that a stranger has been calling her and hanging up. "Has he threatened you?" the dispatcher asks. No, she says. "Well, there's nothing we can really do about it. You could try reporting the prank caller to the phone company."

A few minutes go by and she gets another call. "Why haven't you checked the children?" the voice says.
>>
>>18686724
"Who is this?" she asks, but he hangs up again. She dials 911 again and says, "I'm scared. I know he's out there, he's watching me."

"Have you seen him?" the dispatcher asks. She says no. "Well, there isn't much we can do about it," the dispatcher says. The babysitter goes into panic mode and pleads with him to help her. "Now, now, it'll be okay," he says. "Give me your number and street address, and if you can keep this guy on the phone for at least a minute we'll try to trace the call. What was your name again?"

"Linda."

"Okay, Linda, if he calls back we'll do our best to trace the call, but just keep calm. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes," she says, and hangs up. She decides to turn the lights down so she can see if anyone's outside, and that's when she gets another call.

"It's me," the familiar voice says. "Why did you turn the lights down?"

"Can you see me?" she asks, panicking.

"Yes," he says after a long pause.

"Look, you've scared me," she says. "I'm shaking. Are you happy? Is that what you wanted?"

"No."

"Then what do you want?" she asks.

Another long pause. "Your blood. All over me."
>>
>>18686729
She slams the phone down, terrified. Almost immediately it rings again. "Leave me alone!" she screams, but it's the dispatcher calling back. His voice is urgent.

"Linda, we've traced that call. It's coming from another room inside the house. Get out of there! Now!!!"

She tears to the front door, attempting to unlock it and dash outside, only to find the chain at the top still latched. In the time it takes her to unhook it she sees a door open at the top of the stairs. Light streams from the children's bedroom, revealing the profile of a man standing just inside.

She finally gets the door open and bursts outside, only to find a cop standing on the doorstep with his gun drawn. At this point she's safe, of course, but when they capture the intruder and drag him downstairs in handcuffs, she sees he is covered in blood. Come to find out, all three children have all been murdered.
>>
twos a company
>>
>>18686759
three's a crowd
>>
File: 1462148061886.png (128KB, 1046x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462148061886.png
128KB, 1046x314px
>>18686724
we had a good thread like this maybe a week ago?

I remember that anon talking about his dorm with the dead girl who burned

and also a story about doppleganger gangs
>>
>>18686915
I'm interested.
>>
I admire a lot black men because of their virile potential.

You see, my wife had gotten a black boyfriend before me. She told me once that they were having sex standing and her boyfriend cummed so quickly. She needed get an orgasm, so she sucked his penis during two or three minutes no more, and it turned as hard as rock. They coupled again in the rear-entry position and they fucked until she obtained her orgasm shouting of pleasure...it took her only few seconds because she was so excited! Susan was still gasping when he could finish again sighing of relief!

He was a first class male! He had an incredible virile potential! I wouldn't make the love as good as him at that moment. He showed her all his penis strength because he couldn't relax after his first orgasm and he could fuck and get a new orgasm again! I would like be as strong as him in that aspect.

Every women would become crazy for a man like him, wouldn't they?
>>
>>18690856
I'm sorry, but do you even grammar?
>>
File: CliftonBunnyman.jpg (121KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CliftonBunnyman.jpg
121KB, 600x400px
My favorite Urban Legend is the Clifton Bunnyman, mainly because the truth of the matter is even stranger than the fiction.
>>
http://www.slemen.com/erdington.htm Urban legend from my area. Pub in question is my local.
>>
I don't have many urban legends in my area, but a pretty notorious serial killer lived and operated where I live. He was something of a bogeyman for the kids I went to school with growing up, as we caught small details from the news.
>>
Indian (native american) here. We have a lot of spoopy stories.

Mainly involving skinwalkers.
>>
>>18690873
obviously not since he's black
>>
>>18693614
give stories
>>
>>18691269
Care to tell it?
>>
>>18693628
This one is my favorite. It's more modern (1960s), but it used to give me nightmares. I'm not a great storyteller, so bear with me.

Out on our reservation in Nevada, my grandmother would play around with all her siblings. Towards the back of our land was a small cemetery that the elders would be buried in. They were always told never to play over there because it was disrespectful and would cause the spirits to become angry. My grandmother and uncles (4 of them) were actually smart and never played there. That is until one day they were fishing in a nearby stream when they heard faint cries coming from the direction of the cemetery. My uncles had set up snare traps near the cemetery to catch rabbits, so that's what they figured the cries were.

Rabbits weren't their favorite, but it sure as hell was better than government commodities. So they went out that way to collect their catch. To their surprise, the traps were empty, but the cries got louder. They hiked up a nearby hill to make sure that someone wasn't in trouble. That's where they found a small, haphazardly built cabin sitting at the base of the hill.

Traditionally, you aren't allowed to build any structures within a certain radius of the cemetery out of respect (I think it's half a mile), and this cabin was only about 500 feet away. They had never seen it before and knew that whoever was in there wasn't indian because everybody knew the traditions. My grandmother wanted to go back home and tell their parents about the cabin, but my oldest uncle thought it would be a better idea to check it out first. On our reservation, the only thing you had to fear were possible mountain lions at night, so they weren't all that worried about some asshole trying to jump them.

When they got to the cabin, it looked even shittier than up on the hill. The entire thing was clearly made out of garbage wood from a construction site. They thought about going in, but my youngest uncle noticed
>cont.
>>
>>18693660
Sure, there are two instances. The first was one of a couple going to do the sex out in a "lover's lane" style area, and while they were getting started, some crazy motherfucker in a Bunny suit ran out towards their car, screaming to get off his property. He threw a hatchet in the guy's car window, and they drove off.
Another was about a security guard that was watching some newly built housing units. He sees some magnificent faggot in a bunny suit trying to cut one down with an axe, and he then begins to scream at the guard about how "he'll kill him if he doesn't get off his property." The guard goes to get his gun, but when he returns, the Bunnyman is nowhere to be seen.
These events happened in very close proximity to each other, and no one knows who he was, or why he was under the impression that those areas were his property. Fucking weird, man. The legend itself spun into this ridiculous thing about an escaped mental patient-turned serial killer, but the reality is far more bizarre.
>>
>>18691269
I live near here. Never been though.
>>
>>18693800
something dangling on a tree behind the cabin. Upon closer inspection, they realize it was a crudely made dream catcher made out of twigs and wound up leaves. I don't know about other tribes, but this was the symbol of a curse in my tribe, so my grandmother and uncles immediately ran home to tell their parents about everything. Apparently, from what they told me, their parents were those stereotypical wise old indians that never seemed to leave a calm emotional state. But when they told them about the cabin and dream catcher, they started freaking out and decided to round up their siblings and other family living nearby to investigate. The kids were told to stay home after giving them a description of where it all was.

Unfortunately, it was already dark by the time my grandmother and uncles told got home to tell their parents, so it was too dark to find it again. They decided to call it a night and look for it in the morning. I guess my grandmother was freaked the fuck out and didn't sleep. It was about 3 or 4 am when my one of my uncles told her that they were going to go look for the cabin again. My grandmother immediately didn't want to go or to let them go, but my uncles assured her that everything was going to be fine because they were bringing guns. She didn't want to go, but she decided to anyway because she knew they were going to go with or without her, so she didn't want to feel responsible if something happened to them.

They ventured out into the darkness with heavy duty flashlights and guns. My uncles felt invincible, but my grandmother was scared shitless. They eventually found the cabin again, but the faint cries were gone. At first they were relieved because they figured it was a deer or rabbit during the day that wandered off, and that they were scared for nothing. Until they checked to see if the dreamcatcher was still there and found it on the ground in pieces. This meant that a great evil (the curse) was released.

>cont.
>>
>>18693855
That's fuckin wild.

Just since it reminded me of it, wtf happened to the killer clown shit that was all over the place a few months ago? Was that just a meme?
>>
I was driving through a rural road one night, moving back home with my stuff in the trunk and backseat of my car. In the middle of nowhere I ran over a nail or something and popped a tire. I drove on a little further and off the road to the gravely side near a crossroad, hoping I'd be more visible and maybe flag someone down seeing I didn't have a spare.
I waited for what felt like 2 hours with no other cars in sight. I tried calling roadside service from the nearest town but they were all closed. No mechanics available. After a tirade full of curses and tire kicking, I sat next to my car- ass on the gravely dirt, back against wheel, bolts digging into my shoulders, I didn't give a shit.
Then I saw a man walking up to me passing a ditch. It was beyond dark so couldn't make out his face, I got up as he came closer. He offered to replace my tires, guaranteed them and said they'll get me anywhere I wanted to go, that I could go anywhere I pleased perfectly safe and without fail. I told him I didn't have any cash on me (only plastic), he didn't seem interested and said I could write him a "promise to pay" which sounded crazy to me, I was clearly just passing through. I told him it was okay and that a tow truck was on it's way.
He smiled, that I did see, then he walked back into the ditch and into the tall grass. I got back into the truck and waited for 15 minutes then drove off on the flat for 30 kilometers destroying my wheel
>>
>>18693894
>Was that just a meme?
Yeah.
>>
>>18693886
MOAR GODDAMMIT
>>
>>18693886
They were all traditionalists, so they didn't even pretend they didn't believe the curse was real. They were all about to book it home, until my oldest uncle, again, suggested going into the cabin. He figured that whoever built it was in there and he was going to kill him. Yes, he was ready to kill a man for that (he even told me himself). So they, reluctantly, went in guns drawn. And they found nothing. It was a simple cabin with one of those wooden spools as a table and a rickety old chair next to it.

They were about to leave until they heard the faint crying again. Obviously they were sufficiently freaked the fuck out, but what scared them the most is where they were hearing it from. It wasn't outside. It was inside, under the floorboards. Everyone was frozen trying to figure out how that was even possible. Until one of my uncles pointed out that there could have been a some kind of basement under the spool. Immediately my grandmother said "no" and told them they had to leave. Of course, they didn't, and my oldest uncle went over to the spool and pushed it across the room. And they were right. There was a rotten looking pallet over dirt stairs that led under ground. Oldest uncle figured that it couldn't be that deep or that big, so he took the pallet off, and got ready to go down. He always acted big and brave (he always seemed like it), but he really didn't want to go down. Luckily, he didn't have to.

Right as he was about to take a step down, there was a loud crash at the door of the cabin that sent it flying open. They all raised their guns and aimed them at the door. I used to tell my grandmother that it was probably just the wind, but she always assured me that it was a strangely still night. They all stood aiming at the door for a good couple minutes when the crying became almost deafening loud and was emanating from all directions. They decided fuck it and ran home.

>cont.
>>
>>18694011
*wasn't real
>>
A few of local urban legends

Might go into details if any is interested, these are all tales I hear from old people in town.

Woman back in the early 50's went to a new saloon at the time, there she met an incredible good looking man, in the middle of the night, mid-dance, she looked down only to notice the man had goat legs then the lights went out.
There's several versions about it happening in other places but many of my grandma's friends assure they knew the woman.

In the southside of town, there is an abandoned mansion up a hill, not movie-worthy, the hill isn't that high and the house, despite being pretty tattered it looks okay during the day. I've never ventured in since it's most likely filled with junkies but everyone in town knows it's haunted, from shadows to things falling down atplain sight. My great aunt once said, after much insisting, it used to be a place for rich women to get abortions done back in the day. When the rumor started spreading the owner left.
>>
>>18694011
>>18694022
They weren't all running together though. Some of my uncles were faster than the others. My grandmother made it back to their house with 3 of her brothers. but one wasn't back yet. Apparently he was always the slowest, so just going inside and waiting for him was a thing. So that's what they did. At 4 in the morning, they left one of their brothers outside. My grandmother always gets pissed when I ask her why. Her reasoning was that he was a guy and had a gun. Besides mountain lions, there wasn't anything to worry about.

They all eventually fell asleep in the living room waiting for him. Morning came and he still wasn't back home yet. Now they were all worried and had to tell their parents what they did. Their parents were fucking pissed and had to rally up everyone in the area to search for him. Figuring that he had just decided to camp out for the night (which was common back for them) they were less worried and joined the search. They searched all day and didn't find anything. They had even searched the cabin and in the basement. Again, nothing. Their parents were forced to call the tribal police (basically indian cops that have a small department on the reservation).

The parents and tribal police searched the entire reservation (which took 2 whole days to cover everything). There wasn't a single sign of him anywhere. This didn't make sense to anyone because everyone knew the reservation like the back of their hand, this specific uncle hated tricks and never played them on anyone, and would usually come home after a day of camping. Eventually the state police had to get involved in the search, and again, they didn't find anything. Everyone gave up on the search after a month.

>one more cont.
>>
>>18694072
The parents and tribal police brought one of the elders to bless the area of the cabin then burned it to the ground. My grandmother and uncles told their parents and the cops everything. The parents believed them, and so did the tribal police, but the state troopers didn't. They figured that it was just a publicity stunt for our tribe because we were having legal battles about the sanctity of our land at the time.

To this day, that uncle has been missing and is presumed dead. My living uncles always kind of joke about the whole thing, but my grandmother is always so remorseful about the whole thing, so I've only heard this story about twice from her. She says that sometimes she thinks she can hear his voice outside her house at night, but knows what might happen if she goes out looking for him.
I've never stayed overnight at her house because of that.

My dad was named after him, so there's that.

Thank you to whoever read through all that. I personally can't confirm if that entire story is real because my grandmother's parents were dead long before I was born, but my grandmother and all my living uncles tell that story exactly the same.
>>
>>18694110
Thanks for telling it, anon, it was a good read.
>>
>>18693800
>>18693886
>>18694011
>>18694072
>>18694110
quality posts
>>
>>18686724
If you're in America and walk past a black cat you'll get bad luck.
In Britain if you walk past a white cat you'll get bad luck.

>*twilight zone theme*
>>
>>18693855
You sound like you know the reality, anon. Care to tell it?
>>
i lived in a town in ireland called tipperary, when i lived there i kept hearing about a guy called "Tomas", people told me he was a serial rapist and a child molester, i never saw he, eider anyone of my friends, but one time during Halloween we had a party out in bansha, we all got really drunk and dissed we should check out this house that was abandon for a couple of years, so we go into the place and it a shit hole,
we check the whole house but nothing was there, but the attic was open, so being drunk and everyone else was a pussy, i desided to go up, after my friend boosted me up i grabbed his phone to uses as a flashlight and i fucking swear the first thing i see is a guys face staring
right at me, he was bald, clean shaving and looked like shit, anyway we ran way and the only person we could think of who would live there was Thomas, we called the cops afterwards but no one was there, scared the shit out of me
>>
>>18694209
What i told you WAS the reality, believe it or not. The legend is typical "cropsey\misc.bogeyman" stuff.
>>
>>18694110
thank you based indian for your great story

g-got anymore?
>>
>>18693928
That's pretty weird, anon
>>
>>18693928
Must have been a long 15 mins, pretty creepy.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.