[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calvary Chapel=Cult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4494.jpg (33KB, 385x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4494.jpg
33KB, 385x303px
Hey /x/. I dunno where else this would go, so I'm gonna ask here.
Have any of you heard of pic related? It's some church that opened up in my town a few years ago, but.
Well, everybody that I've seen that belongs to it is fucking weird. The people always have that crazed look in their eyes, and all they talk about is going to this "church" and how great it is, and they're ALWAYS trying to rope people into going.
Are they a cult? Do they do spooky brainwashing rituals that make the people turn out like weirdos? What's the story with these creeps?
>>
Bump pls
>>
They're just a church

My grandmother goes there, although im not religious I accompanied her a few times on her behest

If I were Christian I'd go there to be honest
>>
>>18682272
To add, they go on missions, actually travel to the shithole called Africa

Are they changing anything? No, probably not. Do I commend them on their efforts? Sure
>>
>>18682247
No, they're just a regular cult.
>>
>>18682279
>Are they actually changing anything?
Considering that most missions are "Convert people so they get to go to heaven when they die of disease and/or malnutrition", no. No, they aren't.
>>
I was going there in the late 80's, total cult
>>
>>18682302
What did they do while you were there? What makes them cultish, I mean.
>>
What city are you in OP?
>>
>>18682308
I live in a town in New Jersey. They opened up along a main road and have a traffic cop there to let them get to their church whenever they have mass, I guess.
>>
I was in middle school and they were a very small church in a strip mall back then, the way they got me was through surfing, they had a youth group of surfers. It was hard to say no to free surf trips to Costa Rica
>>
>>18682301
I already answered that question in the post, you did nothing by replying except expending calories

Don't do that
>>
>>18682269
NJ, I'm in Florida, the Calvary Chapel here is now a huge complex
>>
>>18682342
Are the members that go to it by you still weird and offputting like they are up here?
>>
>>18682342
New Port Richey right? I used to go there when I was little. Was a small church back then.
>>
>>18682359
Just seem programed to me, nice people, but nobody behind the wheel
>>
>>18682660
Yeah, exactly. They're usually nice but pretty mechanical. It's kind of spooky.
>>
Correlation, causation blah blah... People with simply minds and low creativity tend to join up with stuff like that.
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (58KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
58KB, 540x531px
California here, I was put into their school from Kindergarten through about 7th grade until I got kicked out for not attending church enough, and giving burned cd's of my peers music requests. ( Since their parents would restrict them from good music)

My mother honestly thought it was a good education for me vs the public school system. But the funny part is my mother was christian and father was muslim. (of course they separated and he had no say in my education due to california judicial system) but I got to experience both sides just to lul at how crazy everyone is!

DESU the experience really opened me up to what a cult actually is. And recently I just saw Capt Murphy and well........you take a look for yourself to see what a cult is if you got 35 min to spare.

STAY WOKE YA'LL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5Ak6QC0ww
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.