[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holographic universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: see.jpg (495KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
see.jpg
495KB, 2048x1365px
where does /x/ stand on the holographic universe as presented by nassim haramein?

his 2015 lecture blew my mind -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbE5bVl8r2g

watched the documentary The Connected Universe but found it too nontechnical

> his theory correctly deducted that the radius of the proton was incorrect and correctly predicted what actual radius was
> eliminates the need for the strong force AFAICT
> every proton contains all the information of the entire universe
>>
I think we're living in a simulation, but I don't know if that's the same as a holographic universe. Could you TL:DR the holographic universe theory?
>>
>>18679135
Not really related to simulation or the matrix meme

Just basically means
>every proton contains all the information of the entire universe
>>
>>18679135
sure i'll do my best. not a physicist and i'm relatively new to learning about the theory.

the holographic universe theory attempts to reconcile the disconnect between classic and quantum mechanics. The same formulas that work at the cosmological level break down at the quantum level.

when you get down to the quantum level things get really weird.

> Quantum field theory states that each and every point in space is filled with field energy, such as the electromagnetic field. Therefore, each and every point in of the field must be divided or quantized into a harmonic oscillator, which is a fancy word that just means an energetic oscillation, which can be envisioned simply as a ball and spring. Think of a fractal sine wave. This is what is being envisioned in the 'quantum field' - and since each point must be quantized, the smaller the 'piece' or section of the wave that you quantize, the higer the frequency, the higher the energy.

> This leads to a formally infinite energy at each point in space. There is no lower limit on the size of the quanta, thus there is no limit to the amount of energy.

in actuality there's a lower bound. Max Planck calculated the minimum smallest units for stuff like length and mass. For length, for example, the smallest possible length is 1.616229(38) × 10e−35 m. we call this the Planck Length. well there's also a Planck Density. this is 5.15500 × 10e96 kg/m3.

This Planck Density is telling us how much matter should be in a cubic centimeter. This is an absurdly large figure, more than the amount of mass in the universe. My intuition for why this is so large is that as you get smaller and smaller, the wavelength of a vibrating entity by necessity increases. higher wave length -> higher energy. and there's a direct relationship between mass and energy. mainstream science ignores this anomaly. There's a term for this disconnect between quantum and cosmological reality but it's escaping me at the moment.
>>
>>18679135
instead of being based on the atoms themselves, the atoms are the result of universe-wide fields interacting with each other

think of pointing several lazer pointers at a spot on the floor, and calling that you. The different aspects of yourself that are described in lots of religions, and psychology, are supposed to be the controllers of these lazer pointers that shuffle around and determine you.

but the lazer pointers are actually entire radio spectrums and states of matter ranging from plasma to post bose-einstein condensate
>>
>>18679135
>>18679210
so then haramein basically thought: ok so what happens if i take this planck harmonic oscillator--this smallest possible 'thing', and try to tile it onto blackholes and protons and stuff. i.e., cover the event horizon in them. and what would that mean for the mass, etc. that you might calculate.

doing this with protons he found that they behaved like black holes and that the resulting gravitational force was identical to the "strong force" that holds protons together.
>>
>>18679235
> When we divide the proton volume by the planck spherical volume (they are overlapping, so you can simply divide one into the other) and multiply by the planck mass, we yield 10e55 grams, which is the currently estimated mass of the observable Universe.

this gives me fucking chills.

i've been intermittently quoting from [1] as it's a bit too dense to paste directly

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/holofractal/comments/5444s7/physics_unification_is_sitting_right_under/
>>
>>18679241
so in case it's not apparent, the implication here is that a proton--viewed in this manner--would be thought to contain the information about the entire universe, and that this is true for *every* proton, and that when the state of the universe changes this change is instantaneously reflected.
>>
>>18679252
it's not clear to me how haramein concludes that the proton contains the information about 'our' universe, and not some miniverse
>>
Haramein is a known fraud. Google it.

/Thread.
>>
>>18679279
...except it took a long time for einstein's work to get accepted too, and it's widely recognized that science doesn't advance until the old guard die off, so why should i trust some butthurt academic whose career will be tarnished if haramein is correct?
>>
You fuckers obviously haven't seen "Akira"
>>
>>18679112
Turns out that his theories have been debunked by real physicists. Sorry OP.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nassim_Haramein
>>
>>18679328
pretty weak 'debunking'. mostly ad homs
>>
the fact that he correctly predicted the actual radius of the proton should be enough for people to stop immediately shouting fraud
>>
>>18679328
rofl of the three citations that actually pertain to anything science related, they all point back to the SAME blog. get this shitty 'debunking' out of here.
>>
>>18679241
This also means there is only 1 proton all the time, i assume
>>
>>18679362
Similar to the "one electron" thing? No I don't think so. He mentions that in his 2015 talk and contrasts against it.
>>
OP here, off to bed. hopefully this thread is still here in the morning.
>>
Bohm is pretty cool
>>
>>18679370
Really?
What about strings?
Does it confirm particles as energy crossroads?

I can't really articulate my thoughts right now, but i feel somehow must be related to individual wavelenghts on an infinite spectrum
>>
>>18679408
(OP here again.) Sounds like you might know more about physics than I do. Suggest watching his lecture linked above and perhaps reading this paper http://resonance.is/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/1367405491-Haramein342013PRRI3363.pdf

I haven't read it myself but I believe that is the one in which he successfully predicts the correct radius of the proton
>>
>>18679418
Thanks mate, nice thread
>>
>>18679292
You fell for the bullshit. You are the type of idiot that Haramein sells this to.

Seriously, Google the guy.

Spoonfeeding idiots doesn't work. They need to discover it for themselves.
>>
>>18679699
Not an argument. Cite for him being BS? Something that isn't a blog post?
>>
>>18679112
>> every proton contains all the information of the entire universe

but what does that mean?
>>
>>18681976
As in, I believe, that if you had perfect knowledge and could examine the spin of PHOs inside a proton you could examine the state of the universe?
>>
File: bd8.png (194KB, 588x427px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
194KB, 588x427px
>>18679328
>rationalwiki
>>
Rational wiki also defends the 9/11 commission report and dismisses every single conspiracy theory surrounding the event.

And you take them seriously?

"Hurr durr since theyre called rational everything they say must be logical and shit"
>>
>>18679205
Yeah this also confirms the chaos magick theory of fractals.
>>
>>18682815
>Rational wiki also defends the 9/11 commission report and dismisses every single conspiracy theory surrounding the event.

Good.

>And you take them seriously?

Of course. You'll also note they back up everything with citations, like wikipedia.
>>
>>18683084
And you're on /x/ ...?

Wow you're a fucktard.
>>
>>18679112
Very interesting. The idea that the reality we experience is an illusion is also quite common in certain religions (the "maya" in Buddhism and Hinduism) and also many new age materials like the Law of One and others.
>>
>>18679112
I wish I could stand to hear him speak for longer than 10 minutes as it sounds like he's badly communicating something interesting. Maybe I've just never heard him get to the good bits.

Nevertheless, this guy can fuck off with his James Randi brand of "skepticism".
>>18679328
>>
>>18679112
How the fuck should I know?
>>
>>18679210
extreme edge cases skew relatively simple mathematical models

film at 11
>>
>>18679292
lol
>>
>>18686258

>James Randi brand of "skepticism"

You mean skepticism based upon empirical research? Isn't that supposed to be the "right" kind of skepticism?
>>
>>18679328
Rational wiki is basically CIA
>>
reddit.com/r/holofractal
Shit load of Nassim Haramein stuff here
>>
>>18688578

Explain to me why the CIA would care one way or another about the origins of the universe? It has absolutely zero impact on their power over the country/world/whatever, and also has zero impact on the citizens of the country/world.
>>
>>18688584
Haramein's Unified Field Theory has unprecedented spiritual implications, not to mention the key to unlocking unlimited zero point energy.
>>
>>18688613

>energy

Ok, I could see why any organization would be interested in that.

>spiritual

Just stick with energy.
>>
>>18688616
Um, clearly you don't know enough about the theory, lol.
>>
>>18688637

Um, lol, clearly your intellect is such that you have devoted your life to understanding the full extent of a unified theory of physics, rofl, lmao.
>>
>>18688648
Wew lad. You should actually watch his documentaries
>>
>>18688637

Stating that an organization would be more concerned with unlimited energy than spiritual ramifications has nothing to do with understanding the theory. Um, lol.
>>
>>18688657

the conversation was about organizations you tard. no shit a massive conglomerate cares more about something that affects *every single person* than something that affects "the spiritual"
>>
>>18688664
Spiritual organizations don't exist!??!?! Wow you're really fucking retarded.
>>
>>18688669

jesus christ, forget it.
>>
>>18688669

Will you please leave? This was a legitimate thread about something actually interesting until you started trolling everyone. There are plenty of other threads about aliens and whatever that you can shit up.
>>
>>18688696
My contribution of /r/holofractal was a troll?

I think you're just triggered because you don't understand the theory and aren't a magician like me.
>>
>>18688578
Anyone who relies on RationalWiki is either a shill or just too stupid to see the fallacies in his own thinking.
>>
>>18688577
>James Randi brand of "skepticism"
www.anomalist.com/commentaries/magician.html
>>
>>18689321
Agreed, for some people, places like Snopes and RationalWiki is the first place people go to when they hear about something that contradicts their conditioned belief system, and they just accept whatever it tells them at total face value.

>>18688577
>implying James Randi isn't a Mossad/CIA fraud
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.