[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wendingo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: wendigo_by_m00r-d8fmyio.jpg (122KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo_by_m00r-d8fmyio.jpg
122KB, 620x877px
What can you guys tell me about the wendingo, i want to learn obout it.
>>
One sec OP.
>>
It's an Native American beast that is released when murder is committed, more known as skin walkers they devour people by ripping off their skin and drinking their blood.
>>
>>18676009
Anyone know the most effective way to kill it? I want one on my wall
>>
File: skinwalker1.jpg (282KB, 1371x2255px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker1.jpg
282KB, 1371x2255px
Ok, so basically the Wendigo is an entity common to native american folklore. Usually, it is said that the wendigo is the native american version of a dark wizard, however if you'll look on /k/ it often takes the form of more of just an innawoods demon. They like to fuck with people and you arent supposed to talk about them. Pic should be a wendigo story.
>>
>>18676151
Monoatomic gold is supposed to do something, other than that, I don't think you can do too much.
>>
File: 13332.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13332.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>18676155
>Yotsuba b
>>
Wendigos are more spiritual entities.

Skinwalkers are shapeshifting people.

Wendigos are more or less demonic spirits that make humans do inhuman things. So I assume you just kill the human that is possessed. Or treat the Wendigo like any evil spirit. But you can't kill it.
>>
The Wendigo is sort of the Native American equivalent to a ghoul, although only the faith and culture of the culture surrounding it was enough to create some very drastic, physical changes.

It occurs from the mental/emotional drama of cannibalism, whereby the people doing it believe themselves to be a monster, so that's what they become, resulting in physical and mental changes to the person:

tearing people’s skin off, eating them while they’re still alive, growing weird body parts, making nests and dens using nothing but human body parts. Lots of specifically targeted human related gore.

From my understanding it's pretty much extinct in the modern era, although the Siege of Stalingrad produced the largest amount of ghouls in modern history.
>>
File: wendigo.png (820KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.png
820KB, 1024x576px
>>18676009
It's basically a creature that is constantly hungry, emaciated, and on the hunt for more food. They grow larger in proportion to each person they eat, which keeps them from ever satisfying their hunger. What they look like specifically varies depending on the person talking about them, they're commonly depicted as having a deer skull, but that isn't necessarily true, they could look like a starved human, or really anything.

>>18676144
Skin Walkers and Wendigos are different beasts.

>>18676151
Use bullets. 5.56 should work just fine.
>>
>>18676009
It's a myth, like all cryptids, fairy tales and gods.
>>
File: Dmhl.jpg (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dmhl.jpg
40KB, 320x240px
>>18676009
I never realized Eiichiro Oda took influence from Native American folklore....that's pretty neat.
>>
>>18676151
Sks with dragon dildo bayonet
>>
>>18676151
Silver blade, to impale their heart of ice. Then dismember the body, and bury the pieces separately on hallowed ground to kill the Wendigo completely, body and soul. You can just kill the host vessel, but the spirit would remain if you didn't do as i listed.
>>
>>18677480
If you killed the host, would it get pissed at you and seek revenge?
>>
>>18676009
nigga learn how to google
>>
>>18676009
It's indestructable and craves the flesh of retarded living and dead people. It means you are all on the menu.
>>
File: 1485163954414.jpg (357KB, 1500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1485163954414.jpg
357KB, 1500x697px
>>18676009
Eat the flesh of man in a cursed forest and then you get sick die and come back as cannibalistic beast that gains more power with years.
Supposedly the 1000+ year old Wendigos can control weather and weak minds.
To kill them you need to quarter the body as well as behead it and quarter the heart in a silver box... just what I read in a monster book in my youth!
>>
>>18677673
If you fail to kill the host, it absolutely will, but if you successfully kill the host the spirit might, but it's unlikely to my knowledge.
>>
>>18677889
>It's indestructable
Scared we're coming for you, you Wendigo fuck?
>>
om mani pedme hum
>>
>>18676232
But Siege of Leningrad was much worse in terms of starving out the population.
>>
>>18676155
>>18676232
>>18676263
Can confirm
source: am Native American descended from a long line of medicine men and shaman. Crane clan to be specific.

Do not fuck with these things. Red eyes are a pretty damn good indicator.

They wail, scream at night, often sounding like man.

Wendigos also prey on the weak and ill, young folk, and especially young children.
>>
>thinking skinwalkers and windigos are the same
>thinking windigos are a physical entity
>people think you can shoot or stab one
its an evil spirit raised from dread and suffering that festers among survivors and small populations. It influences weak and farigued minds into engaing in violence and cannibalism.
>>
>>18679228
cool am also native, could you mind teaching me anything, like about clans and shit?
>>
Some say that Wendigos were pioneers or (or other outdoorsmen) who for one reason or another were forced to eat human flesh to survive (or maybe had to kill and eat humans to survive, I don't remember exactly). The more they did it the more of their humanity they lost, eventually leaving them as the creature we know as the Wendigo.
>>
>>18676009
Would you a Wendigo and/or Skinwalker?
>>
>>18676177
kek
>>
Wendigos & Skinwalkers are the latest memes on /x/ so there's always a faggot asking about one of them.

The Wendigo is actually a sub-type of Bigfoot with claws instead of nails and carnivorous dentition so basically a variant of the type-3 Bigfoot that doesn't have a snout or muzzle (they're called Genoskwa further south). The legends of humans turning into a Wendigo is actually more of a modern myth born of outsiders misinterpreting the Native American languages that use the word to loosely apply the term to other prevailing myths surrounding the mistrust of strangers or loners. All circumstantial evidence actually points to a Wendigo being a flesh & blood animal and nothing supernatural.

Skinwalkers are purportedly humans who can transform into any animal they want and are evil, yadda yadda yadda. This is the actual Native American myth for them and it's something exclusive to the Navajo, however it's more likely that this legend was born from encounters with the Dogman cryptid which can switch from bipedal to quadrupedal movement creating the illusion of transformation or shapeshifting to superstitious peoples. For all the extraneous subject matter born of cultural mistrust of outsiders and lone strangers that has been incorporated into the myth, ultimately all accounts of Skinwalkers boil down to seeing a Dogman. So it would appear that the Skinwalker is most likely a flesh & blood creature as well and not some supernatural spoop.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.