[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What religion are you /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 38

File: Religions.jpg (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
Religions.jpg
8KB, 225x224px
I'm curious. I'm not religious (kind of spiritual I guess tho...) myself but I like learning about religions. If you could comment your religion (and If you have an obscure one talk about it a bit)
>>
>>18672732
Born again Christian.
I have a great bond with God. He shows me so much.
>>
File: IMG_1085.jpg (243KB, 969x1045px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
243KB, 969x1045px
>>
>>18672732
Right now a vague animist/polytheist

I believe all life stems from the same source, and all spirits/gods/what have you are avatars or manifestations of the godhead. Obviously cultures throughout history have shaped certain aspects of the godhead to their own whims.

I have a little shrine in the woods to what some have called Cernunos, the woods and animals and such. I've given offerings to the moon, whatever you want to call her: Selene, Demeter, Máni, what have you. My beliefs are not fully fleshed out but that is what I have so far.
>>
File: Untitled.png (285KB, 280x405px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
285KB, 280x405px
>>18672749
God let me do this with him. He let me grasp his Robe.

Just touching the clothes that surround him, made me feel utterly at peace, tranquil, calm, serene, blissful, euphoric and free.
>>
>>18672786
I believe there is probably a divine, I just don't know anything about it
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>18672732
>>
>>18672799
Pretty much this desu
>>
>>18672799
>>18672836
Good thing for you, God is waiting for your calling,
With arms wide open.
>>
File: 407 EL 01.jpg (708KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
407 EL 01.jpg
708KB, 1200x927px
>>18672843
>>18672813
I hope you know the Christian god is based off of YHWH, who was based off of El, the chief deity of the Canaanite people, who was based on Ashur, the king of the gods of Assyria...

Not to mention Jesus's iconography matches pretty closely with the Mithraic mystery cults of the Romans
>>
Independent non-denominational Christian
>>
>>18672732
I follow Hermeticism
>>
File: s.jpg (108KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
108KB, 720x719px
I try to live according to the Tahuantinsuyo.

Not the most popular religion, but not really demanding.
>>
File: Assyrian_church_of_the_East.png (108KB, 377x264px) Image search: [Google]
Assyrian_church_of_the_East.png
108KB, 377x264px
Assyrian Church Of The East
>>
>>18673059
You have my attention.

Please elaborate.
>>
>>18672888
Bronit kalbeh
>>
>>18672732
Wow, this thread keeps popping up here. I'm basically an animist. I also believe that spirits can "clump" together to form "gods", sort of like cells doing an organism, so I guess that makes me a polytheist as well.
>>
>>18672732
I was raised Christian but I'm Agnostic now. Sometimes the only right answer is "I don't know."
>>
>>18673078
Fucking learn to google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Church_of_the_East
>>
I'm an eclectic heathen, a mishmash of hermeticism(still learning this), Germanic new paganism, Celtic paganism, and little bit of Greco roman, Egyptian and general occult for flavor.

My core structure is Germanic new pagainsm and I tend to keep the groups and methods separate for the most part.

>yes I know I look absolutely tumblr tier
>>
File: Sad Strange Little Man.gif (485KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Strange Little Man.gif
485KB, 500x223px
>>18673230
>Show interest in another's beliefs.
>REEEEEE look it up yourself faggot!
>>
>>18673078
Yes Assyrians are still around although our community is tiny (yes, the same Assyrians from the old testament) . We speak modern Aramaic (Assyrian Neo-Aramaic to be exact). That said, the priest doing the eulogy speaks an older aramiac dialic which is sometimes confusing especially for younger assyrians as the language is slowly dying (muslims love targeting us in the middle east).

We are the only docterine that still adheres to the church of the Easts Christology and Nestorian Doctrine. We are not communion with any other churches either.

Some of the difference between my faith and Catholics:

Our Priests can marry (grandfather was a priest in our old village in syria)
We are confirmed at baptism
We do not follow the pope or the catholic church in general
We do partake in the sacrament of reconciliation.
Fasting as well as vegan diets are heavily utilized

On a sort of unrelated note, we assyrians embrace our culture and history which includes many of the other God's not associated with christianity. For example, at home we have a giant painting of the assyrian winged bull. Past kings and gods are common names among assyrians (father's name is sargon, uncle's name is ashour, aunt's name is inanna and sister's name is ishtar).
>>
>>18673230
Era Qo Qotet Ymoukh
>>
>>18673344
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>18673365
I don`t understand how that's an insult. I think at her age she'd enjoy a good dicking.
>>
>>18673353
Oh, neat, I didn't actually expect it to be a branch of Christianity. Thanks for the summary.
>>
File: freya.jpg (93KB, 518x620px) Image search: [Google]
freya.jpg
93KB, 518x620px
Indo-European Pagan, mostly Greco-Roman and Norse, mixed with various esoteric traditions, mostly hermeticism.
>>
I believe in a God whom one night showed me His/Her pressence and gave me gnosis and thus heaven, this was the start of an incredible chain of supernatural events, in this time I learnt to ignore written dogmas and that most of mankind serves darkness.
It would be very long to explain all I've gone thru, so I'll make a small list of highlights.
-Many people who act normal in actuality have varying levels of power and will cooperate against you to attack and confound you so you take for granted false religions, rping to confound you after reading your mind is common.
-Meditation can give you details about your soul, but dont follow advice on meditating and dont do it if somebody asks you to.
-Spiritual sex magic is a thing.
-Poltergeists are a thing.
-Dream intrussion is a thing, you can wake up with wounds of certain dreams.
>>
Celtic Pagan/Druidic. More or less.
>>
Mormon here, praise space jesus.
>>
>>18672732
I believe in the three laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>18674997
Shit tier belief, science gets updated/discarded daily.
>>
Lutheran here, the only people in the south angrier than baptists and Klan members.
>>
If a normie asked me: Wiccan
If I asked myself: Satanist
It's more that I believe that there are a lot of entities whether demonic or angelic that have been buried by time.
Also I believe most of the gods to have both an evil and a good side.
Unless we're talking 'The Original Gods', which would be The Holy Feminine and The Holy Masculine, and that most of this life is a dance between the two.
Also to explain the satanism, is to unrevel the fact that Satan is just the one who carries out the trash for god, persé.
In my world Satan and God are to sides of the same coin.
There is no light without darkness and so on.
And that's why I'm a satanist, respecting Satan and God equally. I just feel more drawn to the night, the dark and the demonic, as they know good fun and wit.
>>
>>18675005
>scientific laws that are provable in literally any scenario will get discarded
ok, buddy.
>>
I believe in alien versus predator
>>
>>18672732
Raised as a Protestant currently an Agnostic Theist.
>>
>>18675077
>this is a law because thre no existing fuck you mom for making me believe
Sorry, I have experience being alive
>>
Gnostic, but I comprehend that most religions stem from the Hermetic teachings.
>>
The protocol.
If you have a belief they will be cruel towards you exceedingly if said belief is incorrect, some of them will try to talk you nonstop into atheism.
This kind of shitty life will probably make you godless.
Time will pass and god will become distanced, when they feel it is time, they will approach you, put a spirit inside you and have it torture you till you feel you absolutely have to tell your family.
Your family will not seek help, but rather lock you in a psych ward, in here they will start forcing the drugs. These will damage your mind so you cannot meditate properly, the more time passes, the more they will fancy seeing you sicker so they can give you worse drugs.
While this happens they will rp a lot arround you in hopes you go towards a bad religion.

In my case, God decided to show up and gift me heaven among other things when some whore was getting dat spirit inside me.

So yeah, never give in to atheists or to any religion that doesnt do miracles in your face.
>>
>>18675217
Good advice comes from people that smoke weed before noon.
>>
>>18672732
Hinduism. sanatan dharma.
>>
File: OM.jpg (546KB, 1113x1167px) Image search: [Google]
OM.jpg
546KB, 1113x1167px
>>18672732
Kashmir Shaivism its like PHD level Indian religion.
>>
Thread existing for about half day and there are not a single follower of Eris, what a shame!
>>
>>18672732
Polytheist and occultist.
I used to be Christian.
>>
File: 7e3.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7e3.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>18672732
Agnostic with great interest in the occult/paranormal
I give every idea the benefit of a doubt and hate those arrogant hardcore nihilist atheists and their Sacred Science.
>>
5%er here. Allah is great, fuck you honkies.
>>
>>18675530
Although I must add that I dislike beliefs that encourage puritanism and cucking your own will. I want to learn and to gain personal power, I do not wish to serve nor do I wish for others to serve me.
>>
>become a christian
this fag wants you to be a cuck
>become a muslim
this fag wants you to become a terrorist
>surrender your ego
this faggot wants to damage your mind

Tell me about other fags
>>
>>18672732
Atheist, because I don't need an invisible sky person threatening to torture me forever to make me not be a shitty person.
>>
>>18672736
Like how to oppress people based on sexual preference?
>>
>>18675608
Not sky person. Scientists have been discussing the idea of dimensions for years and there are some even many who believe in them. If a god exists he wouldn't be hiding in the clouds and Satan isn't hiding in the earth's core.
>>
>>18675638
The demiurge h̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ loves you all.
>>
>>18675608
Oh man never heard that one before. How old are you 12? Did you just watch a amazing atheist video?
>>
I practice esteroic hitlerism.
>>
>>18675645
That's besides the point and, more importantly, I don't care. Still an invisible person that tells you what to do.
>>
>>18673379
>where do you think you are?
Certainly not anywhere where I should expect "REEEEE google it faget" as a reaction. Our discourse is consistently more sophisticated and polite than that and I am ashamed that any /x/ poster would lower our well-maintained community standards so thoughtlessly.
>>
>>18675672
Oh believe me I don't believe anyone should tell you what to do invisible or not. By all means do what thou wilt. I just don't rule out the idea of a douchey creator considering how cruel and flawed our reality is.
>>
>>18674983
>meditation can give you details about your soul, but dont follow advice on meditating and dont do it if somebody asks you to
seems interesting plz spoonfeed
what are the dangers?
>>
>>18675692
You're open to attack.
Btw, I'm going to make a post that explains why everything looks as if a dark power was governing.
>>
>>18675663
Well, you think an ancient collection of texts written by a bunch of inbred goat herders and then retranslated, reinterpreted, edited, and otherwise distorted countless times was inspired my an invisible, intangible supreme being.
>>
>>18674997
>>18675077
The laws of thermodynamics are a lot shakier than you'd expect. On the cosmological scale they disintegrate into kabbalah-tier abstraction and force you to accept weird bullshit.

It's an "assume this linear trend line continues forever under all circumstances" type situation.
>>
>>18675050
when i was
a young boy
my father
took me into the city
to see a marching band
*artistically stares at razor blade*
>>
>>18675702
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/42/Appeal-to-Ridicule
>>
>>18675226
I'd listen to a stoner before a tripfag.
>>
>>18675709
*teleports behind you*
pshhh nothing personnel kid
>>
>>18675513
I respect what they used to be but they've really lost their mojo. Born with the seeds of the pomo cancer but took a while to metastasize I think.
>>
>>18675701
That would certainly shed some light on why everything looks as if a dark power were governing.
>>
>>18675209
High five, buddy.
>>
>>18675608
>>18675638
>>18675672
>>18675702
im just here for creepy pasta i cant believe you losers beleve this shit xDDDDD
>>
>>18675735
Jeff the Killer is my favorite >:)
>>
>>18675715
...says the person who called me an Amazing Atheist fanboy. Blind to your hypocracy, as usual.
>>
>>18675762
where do you think you are
>>
>>18675682
There we go. Now we're quoting Crowley. It's all over now.
>>
Ever wonder why your world looks as if a power of darkness governed? Maybe it has something to do with the people arround you.

Introducing: How to be a holy blessed people filled with liight and unicorns.

Step 1: Forgery.
Grab a sacred text and make dank edits on it.
Original: And the rulers of darkness said: Let us make man after our image and likeness.
Edit: And the lord said: Let us make man after our image and likeness.
See your edit? You now have camouflaged your dark power behind a wall of holy!

Step 2: Expansion.
Wherever you go, bring holy things like murder, death and torture, force others to be holy like you.

Step 3: We science nao
Lay back, establish a society of nihilism, if anybody falls out of check hes probably getting baptized so hes gonna be very holy, if not call the shrink on him or push towards exotic equally holy things.

And thus you find holyness everywhere.
>>
>>18675742
>Not the 2spoopy Sonic pasta
>>
>>18675768
Fair point.
>>
>>18675709
You spelled autistically wrong.
>>
>>18675742
>>18675771
>not Squidward's Suicide
>not anything that uses "hyperrealistic" unironically
>>
>>18675762
Was I presenting a argument or was I just making fun of you? You were clearly trying to "debunk" religions by ridicule. And even if I did appeal to ridicule does that mean its ok when you do it?
>>
>>18675771
The Sonic Dreams Collection
>>
>>18675775
>5775
Thoth confirms editorial writing corrections
>>
>>18675785
So, you're saying it's okay when you do it, then. It was intended to be more of a "Wow, you have a lot of fucking room to talk" thing, at any rate.
>>
>>18675484
happy mahashivratri, anon!
>>
>>18675769
I'm not saying that Crowley was right about everything but his view that everything comes down to will is an interesting one.
>>
>>18675809
>I'm not saying that Crowley was right about everything but [insert garbage]
>>
>>18675825
ok.
>>
>>18675638
yeah you fucking fag. why dont you go suck on your boyfriends dick till you choke to death then let your boyfriend bring you back to life just to do it again
>>
>>18675842
that sounds cool actually
>>
>>18675842
is this some sort of osiris ritual?
>>
>>18672732
Nazi
>>
>>18675865
Nazi isn't spiritual unless you believe that Ayrans are ancient aliens that live on Antarctica
>>
>>18675870
or better yet Atlantis
>>
>>18675870
Not Antarctica, Hyperborea.
>>
>>18675783
*teleports behind you with a hyperrealistic grin and stabs you with a hyperrealistic astral dagger causing hyperrealstic blood to explode everywhere ever and then you dieded.
>>
im a ghaos margsist :DDDD
>>
>>18675919
*activates his hyperrealistic everything-proof shield and says "This isn't even my final form! SUPER SAIYAN RASENGAN BANKAI!" hyperrealistically*
>>
>>18675809
But the question arises: "What was Crowley's definition of will?"
>>
>>18675997
Penis size.
>>
>>18675997
I'm guessing that it involved phalluses.
>>
I believe in science and atheism. The only trinity I need are Dawkins, Hitchens and Darwin.
>>
>>18672732
Orthodox Christian
>>
>>18675638
Why do homosexuals like to play fake victims so much?
>>
File: Ekder Futhark.gif (5KB, 580x287px) Image search: [Google]
Ekder Futhark.gif
5KB, 580x287px
>>18673278
Eh, there are a few others here like us, they just don't go so far as to say eclectic. I'm trying to follow Asatru currently. Mostly following the runic tradition.
>>
>>18675802
Lol he was calling you out on your shit Dawkins tactic you fucking autist. Come back with an actual argument and not hot atheist may mays and you might actually have a discussion.
>>
>>18676040
Isn't Dawkins no longer an atheist?
>>
>>18675702
>he thinks being Christian is the only option
>>
>>18676062
You'd burn them at the stake if you could, don't lie.
>>
>>18676106
Only the flamboyant ones.

I could listen to their screams all night.
>>
>>18675716
>thinks I was disagreeing with stonerbro

Oh piss off.

>>18675608
Why does it have to be Skyman?

What about religions that have no gods. Or gods that are not Skyman.
>>
>>18672979
Mapuche?
>>
Reminder: Angels and benevolent Djinns won't pretend to be a God, your dead ancestor's spirit, an alien sensei or anything along those lines. Block any attempts at getting fooled by an evil or some goofy djinn and turn to The Creator. They're only abusing your human naivity.
>>18672732
Muslim.
>>18675050
God created everything, including the evil. He has no rival, He can inspire terrifying fear into the hearts of his most rebellious creations if He wishes. But He is more forgiving than violent, He delays punishment and accepts repentance.
You're only drawn to darkness because your life is too cozy and sweet. Try living in the epmty cold on a monotone diet and you'll love every bits of sunshine.
Also the wittiest people are those who manage to successfully ridicule the evil ones.
>>18675543
*Sigh* hold this L n*gga
>>18675561
Silly fags who like to project. Like (you).
>>
>>18672749
If Jesus lived, he had some next level tolerance for bullshit. Imagine, you're stood there, all graceful and shit, trying to keep still and pose for this photograph, and these filthy peasants keep clutching at your robe and rubbing their faces against it like a fucking house cat. He just stands there and keeps his cool, much respect.
>>
>>18676157
Shh don't tell him that it'll confuse him.

He's only programmed to debunk Judeo Christian sects.
>>
How much electric charge is there in the universe? The answer is none. We know experimentally that there is an equal amount of positive and negative charge, which if summed together gives zero charge overall.
At the creation, no charge separated into opposite charges.
Nothing separated into opposites.
Secondly and more potently: How much material is there in the universe? Another
way to answer this question is to ask how much energy there is in the universe, for Einstein showed that mass and energy are equivalent.
When the sum is done, and that involves adding together all the masses of all the protons, all the people, all the priests, all the planets, all the stars and all the galaxies, as well as all the gravitation attraction between them, the answer is close to zero.
I suspect that as observations are refined, the total will approach zero.
There is no energy in the universe. Nothing did indeed, come from nothing.
Science shows that the universe is in fact, a big confidence trick.
There is truly nothing here.
All there is, is a separation of opposites.
- Peter Atkins

I would say I believe in "the great equation" that is ceaselessly balancing, approaching zero.
>>
>>18676340
More humble than the straw in the street, more tolerant than a tree, offering all respects to others - in such a state one can keep God in their mind always.
>>
File: imperial aquilla.png (6KB, 365x138px) Image search: [Google]
imperial aquilla.png
6KB, 365x138px
>>18672732
the only thing that i can unironicly follow besides kekism.
>>
>>18676344
I know. I know. It's sad really. Atheists would be an even smaller group of people if they weren't ignorant to 99% of all spirituality.
>>
>>18676062
I don't know, I'm bi and I don't play victim it does seem to be more of a gay thing. On the downside I feel drawn to the idea of giant orgies and satanic rituals.
>>
>>18676140
Why? Does that turn you on or something?
>>
File: jashinism.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jashinism.png
8KB, 300x300px
If there was a real life equivalent of Jashinism that's what I'd be... Not sure what is the closest thing to Jashinism is currently.

>inb4 Naruto
Yeah I know. However, once I actually thought about the implications of Jashinism, that suffering and death are the only two guaranteed experiences/states that all living things share, did I realize that sharing suffering and death is the highest and most universal form of connection with another that one can have.
>>
I'll always probably be a Catholic at heart, but I think its disingenuous of me to claim to be a good one
for years now I've read more on Christian mysticism as well as Indian faiths like Hinduism and Buddhism (plus east Asian stuff like Tao and Zen but not as much, or usually in combination with Buddhist works)

Buddhism especially had really attracted me lately.
>>
>>18676067
>tfw Germanic Runes are just copied from early Italic
Italy is the cultural source of Europe
>>
File: 20121003eckankar[1].jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
20121003eckankar[1].jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Eckankar represent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6R8UjXRU2U

HU
>>
File: Shiva CERN.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Shiva CERN.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>18677277
become a Hindu and worship some aspect of death and destruction like Shiva or Maa-Kali
its significantly more fleshed out and less edgy
>>
File: SubGenius_politics.jpg (128KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
SubGenius_politics.jpg
128KB, 700x511px
>>18672732
Church of the Subgenius: if you find a cheaper religion, you buy it!
>>
>>18677353
Any gods that are about sharing suffering?
>>
I'm agnostic, well that's the short answer really. Truth is I have a hard time placing "belief" in anything, though I'm willing to change my world view in a second if the facts call for it. I have deeply rooted distrust as well as disgust for any and all forms of organised religion.
I theorise (more than believe really) that deities exist, but not in a demiurge sense, more in a "people believed in them until they were real" sense. Like they were brought into existence much like tulpas, and were shaped by the thoughts of their creators. Same goes for other incorporeal (and likely corporeal) entities.
Out of all the possibilities of death, I think reincarnation is the most likely, and I dabble in witchcraft (though desu I mostly just fuck around with energy) so that's as far into belief territory as I probably go.
I believe everything can be explained with science and would probably already be explained if some scientists could get the funding for researches of that nature.
>>
>>18677347
HU are you? HU HU HU HU

I really wanna know.
>>
>>18672732
test
>>
File: chakana.jpg (117KB, 750x696px) Image search: [Google]
chakana.jpg
117KB, 750x696px
>>18676235
That Chakana in particular yes, but it's based in the Inca cosmovision.

I'm surprised, how can you tell?
>>
>>18672732
I like to think that old Finnish gods look over me when I am hunting in the forest and so on.
>>
I don't know if there is anything, open to anything but won't believe without proof.
>>
Daoism.
>>
>>18672732
Evangelical Lutheran
>>
>>18677323
Something like this with me. Catholic with a touch of Eastern philosophies
>>
Norse pagan
>>
File: Younger futhark.png (4KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
Younger futhark.png
4KB, 285x177px
>>18677339
I think you're thinking of the younger futhark. When it came into contact with latin languages, it changed considerably. The Elder Futhark is much older than that exchange however.
>>
>>18672888
That is wrong.
>>
>>18675608
Your education about religion equals that of a five year old. Don't be proud about that.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x195px
>>18672732

Baptist Christian
>>
File: abrac.jpg (308KB, 900x1278px) Image search: [Google]
abrac.jpg
308KB, 900x1278px
Orthodox christian.
Mystics of the christian world.
Main reason i dont start casting shit also, Though other faiths and beliefs fascinate me.
>>
>>18677323
I'm catholic, too. And you are right, eastern philosophies like Zen are really interesting, BUT: They're only interesting because they seem to enable a person to "experience" god by various practices.
David Steindl-Rast proposes that approach.
Nevertheless, that isn't catholic doctrine.
The Catholic way of mysticism is way harder to get because it defines god as giving, so "experiencing" god is only possible by God's grace and not by some practices that try to "force" god into being experienced - trying to make god do sth is part of the egodrama, and you've got to get rid of your ego to participate in the theodrama. That's why I think that christians should only look into other religions after getting well-educated in their own (which also makes it rather easy to respond to every atheist argument itt, which are all kind of dull, btw).
>>
>>18677323
same here
>>
I am my own god.
>>
>>18682929
No, you are an edgy teenager with cum stiffened bedsheets, an xbox and oily skin.
>>
>>18675513
Discordian here.
>>18675720
Postmodernism has its uses.
>>
>>18672732
None. They're all cults meant to divide us and take our money.
>>
Germanic pagan honestly. It sounds gay as fuck but my faith in the gods has carried me through terribly difficult times.
>>
File: egypt.jpg (1MB, 980x4215px) Image search: [Google]
egypt.jpg
1MB, 980x4215px
kemetic spirituality
>>
>>18684136
what the fuck
>>
>>18683678
I know that feel.
>>
File: Our_Lord.jpg (49KB, 350x323px) Image search: [Google]
Our_Lord.jpg
49KB, 350x323px
Saluto Nex Alea Ave Nex Alea.
>>
File: pastafarian.jpg (51KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
pastafarian.jpg
51KB, 620x349px
Pastafarian
http://www.klps.pl/pliki/gospel_fsm_eng.pdf
>>
>>18685693
What caused you to choose Pastafarianism over Discordianism or the Church of the Subgenius?
>>
File: fol.png (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fol.png
17KB, 225x225px
I believe in physics. String-theory, and ultimately M-Theory leads me to believe in the ideas that a lot of doctrines speak of. I believe major eastern religions such as Taoism and Buddhism, and basic principles of Hindusm are more correct.

I believe in spreading positive, and raising vibrations.

Example: The idea of prayer is the same principle as the law of attraction, which is similar to the idea posited in String Theory regarding our reality is created by the unconscious observation of the 10th dimension which collapses waves of probability the ripple down to our dimension on the vibrating strings and branes that connect everything.
>>
>>18684136
Does this means that Thoth it's the son of Horus and Seth by tainted lettuce?
>>
>>18673353
I think those pics of old Assyrian deities are more for cultural rather than religious purposes
>>
>>
"Devout" athiest. Dont believe in anything paranormal. Lurking here for the chance of evidence.

So far not impressed.
>>
>>18686537
k
>>
>>18686573
I mean, they asked.
>>
>>18672732
Ayylium
>>
I think, an Agnostic Pantheist. I am consistently uncertain. But, I think, I think, I think, that I am as I am, because my brain may do as it does. So, if I extend that concept beyond my perception of self, then I suppose, at some point, the universe in its alleged entirety, is a big something. Maybe that's incorrect, but I haven't necessarily been convinced to discard this line of thinking.

Something emerges from (that big thing). I appear to emerge from (that big thing). Surely, if other people appear to emerge from (that big thing), and I can refer to them as people, as well as persons, then I can just look at the phenomenon in a different way, and chalk it up to a chunk of the universe being "conscious"/conscious. If, or when, we bring about alleged conscious non-human entities, maybe it would simply be a matter of having a singularity consume the entire solar system, and act as one giant, thinking, thing.

An ever larger chunk of the universe, thinking. Surely, at some point, the most possible majority of all the matter in the universe might manage to enact the phenomenon of a single "thought". Maybe, that would be "God".

Or, whatever.
>>
>>18683234
Literally heaven
>>
File: Subgenius-JHVH-1-by-St-Ken.jpg (137KB, 345x396px) Image search: [Google]
Subgenius-JHVH-1-by-St-Ken.jpg
137KB, 345x396px
>>18677363
>Church of the Subgenius
This
>>
>>18677363
>>18686779
Indeed.

I'm a fan of syncretic reality tunneling.
>>
>>18686537
Read a book. Oh, wait, that would be effort and people like you tend to avoid any effort in education on the matter to be able to hold on their simple beliefs.
>>
I'm a Christian atheist. I believe Jesus was a good fella but don't believe he cast spells or rose from the dead ect.

So I recon if you listen to advice from that Jesus guy then your a good fella. I don't think people are good fellas when they only try to be a good fella to save their old fella from frying in a fictional purgatory.

To all those who aren't good fellas: Shame on you blokes!
>>
Challenge to all supposed wizards/sorcerers/ect on this thread. Defeat me with your sorceries/spells within the next 4 hours and you can have my soul and stuff and support.
>>
Sikh, the original mudslim killers
>>
>>18689133
Sikhs also defended Muslims from oppression by the Hindu upper caste. Sikhi explicitly insists that its followers defend members of any religion from oppression on the basis of that religion.
>>
I think we killed more than we saved
>>
>>18689102
Good on you fella
>>
>>18672736
how does he show it?
>>
stoic here. i like to reason, i do not appreciate whishful thinking and am in a state of apathy most of the time
>>
File: molly-ringwald.jpg (110KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
molly-ringwald.jpg
110KB, 1240x775px
>>18682163
oh shit you just disproved all of Anthropology with your well thought out counter argument. good job. let's jump in our big smelly trucks and meet at church on this unnaturally hot February to discuss how climate change is a myth. because the devil can't just be our own selfish imagination telling us we can fuck up the planet without consequences because we're going to heaven when we die. fuck everybody else- that's what Jesus taught, right?
>>
Odinist.
>>
>>18689260
Did I trigger you or something. It isnt my job to educate you, but even after reading the Wikipedia-articles related to this stuff you might get that it is wrong.
But you're too lazy to even do that, why should I get into an argument with somebody like you?
>>
>>18672979
Tell us more! I know nothing of this and cannot understand the words on the pic
>>
i know it's quite normie, but wiccan with occult stuff too.
i practice cermonial and traditional magick.
>>
>>18689639
So basically Asatru + racism?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485371915066.jpg (280KB, 1539x1754px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485371915066.jpg
280KB, 1539x1754px
I am an egyptian muslim
>>
>>18672732
>Not praising the Allfather so that you can die in battle like a white man is supposed to.
Atleast tell me you /x/ faggots Deus Vult.
>>
A couple weeks ago on campus, a dude came up to me and asked me what I thought the meaning of life was. It led into a discussion where he explained to me that he was a Muslim and generally proselytized to me. He was so kind and respectful about it, though, that at the end, while I hadn't been converted, I was actually appreciative of his time and the effort he put into doing what he believed was best for my soul.

This is the only time I've ever been proselytized to and not been extremely uncomfortable. The other times were all varying types of protestant, and once some Hare Krishna guy.
>>
>>18691533
There is no god and Her name is Eris.
>>
>>18673224
Same here.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 960x922px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 960x922px
I worship the Despair Code.
>>
File: 1331409545175.jpg (30KB, 653x398px) Image search: [Google]
1331409545175.jpg
30KB, 653x398px
>>18672732
Did you know that religion is the only area of human society that has made ZERO advancements in the last 2,000+ years?

That's a major Fail.
>>
>>18672732
Agnostic-Atheist

I personally kind of hate/dislike most religions, though there are some aspects that I acknowledge are positive for some people.

I don't go out and harass people for their beliefs, but if I see religious people getting shitty with others, I usually step in.

I come to /x/ for the spoopy stuff nope/innawoods/creepypasta shit. Try to avoid the RP/Astral Projection/Tulpa threads
>>
File: 1482038936768.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482038936768.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
The one and only true religion.
>>
I Think we are a self aware species who are part of a scattering galaxy from the big bang. The human race is merely interpreting this astronomical moment, which in terms of the universe has been about a split-split-split second, as an eternity. There is a perfect sequence happening, and we're not intelligent enough to calculate this mathematical chaos, so we don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. All we know is what we believe happened moments before. Every moment is an adventure, where you don't what you're going to see or hear until it happens. However, there seems to be a good and evil in the universe. That seems apparent.

I'm also lactose intolerant.
>>
>>18672732
I worship Tiamat, as she gave us all life.
>>
Discordian with the belief that Kek is a subsect of Eris.
>>
File: weeping246.jpg (6KB, 206x308px) Image search: [Google]
weeping246.jpg
6KB, 206x308px
Devout Roman Catholic with an /x/ bent. That is, I believe fully in all the "spooky" parts of the religion, from Eucharistic miracles to Marian apparitions to healings and prophecies. I think I may actually have heard the voice of God in a dream once, even.

I also believe strongly in the existence of fairies, and other entities outside humanity. I don't know how they fit into the created order. I don't know, and it's not my place to know. I just know not to mess with them.
>>
>>18691955
>I also believe strongly in the existence of fairies
do you do drugs?
>>
maltheist
>>
>>18691965
No, I don't do any.
>>
File: fairy.jpg (4KB, 108x90px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
4KB, 108x90px
>>18691955
>>
>>18691955
Why Fairies?
>>
File: 3.jpg (54KB, 418x583px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
54KB, 418x583px
>>18692173
The primary reason is that I'm a big medievalist. This is an outgrowth of my Catholicism; the Church really came into its own in the Middle Ages, and arguably retains a Medieval perspective on the world. At the same time, the Middle Ages was the last period in history when the vast majority of people took the idea of fairies, spirits, and extra-worldly entities seriously. They go hand-in-hand, after a fashion. People seriously believed in fairies and a fairy otherworld, especially in places like England and Ireland. They saw them as harmonious with the world of Christianity, not in conflict. We've only come to view them as necessarily conflicting with the advent of Protestantism. I think a serious Catholicism naturally lends one to think of the cosmos as containing many things beyond human understanding, and fairies are traditionally included in that.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.