[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Thylacine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2718.jpg (84KB, 634x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2718.jpg
84KB, 634x503px
Is there still a population of them living in the hills of Tasmania? I hope so.

Most recent sighting shave been on the mainland which is disheartening, seeing how the thylacine was driven off the main island by placental carnivores such as the dingo millennia ago.
>>
>most sighting shave

My apologies, I meant "most sightings have"
>>
File: tasmanian tiger shot.png (197KB, 438x214px) Image search: [Google]
tasmanian tiger shot.png
197KB, 438x214px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBpyAOpzlEE

There's constant reports about them.

Some out of focus pictures too, I have a lot of hope for this one.
>>
File: 12 saiga antelope007.jpg (248KB, 432x581px) Image search: [Google]
12 saiga antelope007.jpg
248KB, 432x581px
weird animals are weird
>>
File: wild-Thylacine-large.jpg (86KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
wild-Thylacine-large.jpg
86KB, 600x417px
There's plenty of footage, of Thylacine look alikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuqYXVCx9tE

One of them may be real thing.
>>
>>18672138
Not long now until we can fertilize regrown embryos from DNA, don't worry. You will see them in your lifetime.
>>
>>18672147
It's okay m8 we know what you meant
>>
>>18672138

I live in Tasmania. There is no hope whatsoever that a Tassie tiger still exists. None. The island is the size of a postage stamp and people hike all around it. Sorry ... this one is gone.
>>
>>18672138

Not just in Tasmania. They are all down the southern regions spanning from the Eastern states to WA.

I have seen several Thylacines here in South West WA, as have family and friends.

I spoke to a Ranger about it once. He admitted to me that he knew of living Thylacines and that most officials nationwide do, but their population became so small back in the day that they claimed the species extinct in order to protect the species from further hunting activity and replenish. Always been difficult to count, though, as they have always had very elusive behaviour, hence why the bounty on them used to be so high.

My biggest worry is that the last time I spotted one was as close to civilisation as the Darling Scarp, going along right by the road. The day the same Roo killers that terrorise the bush under cover of dark in the Perth Hills find a group of living Thylacines is the day they begin to REALLY become extinct.

No pictures yet because it is pretty hard to take pictures while driving very fast on a very narrow road in the black of night. If I ever see a Thylacine in good lighting and my hands are free, I will certainly photograph it - as much as I fear that clear images definitely depicting a Thylacine could inspire poachers to go looking for them.
>>
>>18673796

Bullshit. A Tassie tiger is worth $20 000 to a roo shooter. There is NO way they pull the trigger on it.

Also, what drugs are you on?
>>
>>18673718
hell yea i also live in tas but yea i know ppl who have spent a fuckton of time lookin for em theyre not here.
>>
>>18672138
>>18673796

I have no doubt that there's a small population out there. A really small one. No more than a 100. They are doomed because that kind of numbers are not sufficient to maintain a species, specially in the wild. It's sad because they are probably the last ones, hanging in there, and they know it. We have a better shot at cloning them than trying to capture the ones that are left.
>>
>>18673718
>>18674001
But isn't there a large chunk of Tasmania which is unexplored due to very hard to traverse terrain?
>>
>>18674066
psssh nah not really like most of the forrest is national park which ppl go thru a lot and the rest is farmland
>>
>>18673718
So it's bullshit like the Lochness Monster swimming around in that tiny, muddy loch with hardly any fish in it?
>>
>>18672138
>Most recent sighting shave been on the mainland which is disheartening, seeing how the thylacine was driven off the main island by placental carnivores such as the dingo millennia ago.

What you say is true, however there is hope.

The modern mainland population are believed to have been brought from Tasmania by European settlers. The theory is that they were taken there to be zoo's, but some were released into the wild for unknown reasons in the area around adelaide.

It is possible these released specimens survived and bred to produce a very small population.
>>
>>18673796
Why do you go to /x/ just to lie? No intelligent person thinks for a second that thylacines are still on the mainland. Tasmania is the only place people have hope for their survival. Stop spreading bullshit on /x/, there's plenty already to go around.
>>
>>18672138
Tasmanian here,

if you ask around rurul pubs in the midlands and such you're bound to find at least one or two people who have reportedly seen one.

my 2cents is that given the enormity of the south west national park, and other unmonitored and uninhabited areas of the state, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a handful left. considering there are very few roads into the area and the only way into the far side of the park is by light aircraft or boat.

there's not much tangible evidence other that eyewitness testimony, but it still wouldn't surprise me.
>>
Tas here, knows a zoologist who studied the thylacine a lot and deals with sighting reports every now and then.

They ded, witnesses are nutjobs.
>>
File: IMG_2720.jpg (2MB, 2008x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2720.jpg
2MB, 2008x1310px
Some food for thought, the Javan rhinoceros has a population of only approximately 60 individuals left on earth, yet we are still aware it is an extant taxon. Even if there was <100 thylacines left alive, shouldn't have there been at least ONE official, clear sighting by at least a deer camera of some sort?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.