[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sigil Creation Methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_lv799hVfyH1r76wy8o1_500.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lv799hVfyH1r76wy8o1_500.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
Hey /x/

I'm looking for an image that illustrates a sigil creation technique utilizing circles and a letter grid. I saw it posted last week and never got around to saving it. And of course I waited too long... now the thread is gone.

Trust me, I've tried searching the internet for this thing online, but nowhere is it turning up. I was hoping one of my fellows here could provide me with it.

I offer in exchange this page:
http://thesigilworkshop.tumblr.com/post/145877814582/1-how-do-you-make-your-sigils-theyre-different
There are a number of links regarding sigils and methodology that some might find useful and interesting.
>>
Also a general discussion of the topic is encouraged.

I've been collecting knowledge regarding these things for some time now. Making a conscious effort to forego any serious sigil creation until I have developed my own method. Im hoping my unconscious mind will augment the accumulated information and bring about a technique that is uniquely mine.

Has anyone here attempted something like this? If so, what did you discover?
>>
Who cares dude we are busy with the alien shitposting
>>
>>18672286
I'm actually interested in sigils but I'd rather not influence myself on other's creative methods so I can make my unique one
>>
>>18672286

I had expected this
>>
>>18672306

I look at it the same way one might appreciate any teacher
>>
I'm interested but I don't know how magicians create them...
>>
I do black magic via sigils (predominately) but i have awful nightmares.
Back in high school all the time. Dealing with discrimination.
>>
I have a self-developed script that I've been writing with for about ten years, and I use it to generate sigils in a way similar to some of the methods that involve combining letters. Most of the symbols in my script have common features that can be easily consolidated, so they tend to make for nice and clean sigils.

Aside from that, symbols will often come to me out of nowhere, with no apparent link to my existing system or others. I copy them down as quickly as I can, and digitize them for my archive. Occasionally I see them in dreams and archive them in a similar manner when I wake up. Pretty sure Kek sent me some a few nights ago in a dream, so it's getting weird.
>>
>>18672286
I do like me some ayliums.
>>
>>18672428
>Chaos Magic.
>Getting weird.
>>18672427
Then i fall asleep again; and have an amazing dream.

Last night/this morning it was a game irl that i was playing, in which there were no rules.
Basically, like King of the Hill - H1Z1 but you used air soft/simunition (fake bullets) in a no man's land littered with cars and loot.
So fucking fun. i'm a /b/tard btw.
>>
>>18672477

I'm kind of apprehensive of Kek sending me more dreams. Being a prophet sounds exhausting.
>>
File: 1410067662135.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410067662135.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>
How do you guys feel about using someone else's name in a sigil?
>>
>>18672428
This is the sort of thing I am interested in hearing about. How long did it take you to develop this methodology? Can you show an example of one of your sigils? You don't need to explain the methodology--some like to keep such things personal.

>>18672632
That is the exact image I needed, thank you anon. My love and booty find you.
>>
>>18672632
Didn't realise this was from Dr Who when I first saw it... still, it's aesthetically pretty cool.
>>
>>18674369
Names are shared by many people. I would refrain from making statements of intent using proper nouns.
>>
>>18674369
It's fun to make a person into a guinea pig against their will/without their knowledge.
>I'm LHP
>>
>>18674820

>that LHP
>>
>>18674850
Ehh. Well, I would never have meant to hurt them.
Just fuck with them. And I did. And it was fun.
>Hail Satan, Raise Belial, See Circe.
>>
>>18672076
Just make your own, it's just as effective because sigils/magic doesn't exist. It's something that came out of primitive human's mind. Join us in the modern age. Instead of practicing read Dawkins, or Hitchens. Get smarter.
>>
>>18674859
>M'lady.
>>
>>18674864
>ooga booga I believe in magic me can't think of science
>>
>>18674859
Clearly, I have a massive and distinct grasp, and would benefit no satisfaction from knowing that you will never acquire control of your reality.
>Clearly.
>>
>>18674877
>>18674855
>Duble duble.
>Toil and trouble.
>>
>>18672076
How redpilled are you looking to get, OP?
>>
>>18674859

I appreciate your stance. I once had it as well. The materialist world view has a few holes in it. Wether you accept that or not is on you.

Even in your reality tunnel, sigils could work. You impress a symbol o to your subconscious mind. Since the subconscious is a gigantic sponge, it will run a background program. A sigil of weight loss would make you second guess a bad diet decision, or park farther away from your destination to get a few more steps in, etc.

It's very unscientific to immediately discount something. Try it yourself. It costs nothing except very few minutes of your time.
>>
File: oh_my.jpg (29KB, 412x559px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my.jpg
29KB, 412x559px
>>18674677
>My love and booty find you.
>>
>>18674859
does a true scientific approach can be dogmatic this way?

>just no. k?
>>
>>18674859
>Just make your own, it's just as effective because sigils/magic doesn't exist. It's something that came out of pagan human's mind. Join us in the Catholic Church. Instead of practicing read the Old Testament, or the New Testament. Get smarter.
A T H E I S M
Jesus Christ anon, you don't have to be a dogmatic fuckwit.
>>
>>18674859
Why do fedoras feel the need to prove that they are R A T I O N A L ? Why do they visit /x/?
>>
>>18676650
For a chance to improve some loons life
>>
http://notshurly.deviantart.com/gallery/

dunno what happened to this gallery but it used to be a collection of alchemy arrays he made
>>
>>18676749
The irony is that they sound like fucking preachers.
>>
>>18672076
Is it possible to give myself schizophrenia? I want to do sigils and believe in them
>>
>>18674859
You missed the entire spirit of my request. I was not looking for some metaphysical "elucidation" regarding the supposed occult workings of "sigil magic."

I asked anons about their own methods in the design of these symbols. For all you know I could be anyone... a lv. 33 Wizard, an artist, or even a game designer.

Rather than preaching your narrow, inflexible reality tunnel, attempt to nurture discussion. But again, you could simply be trolling... or is it trolling simply?

>>18676606
This guy gets it.

>>18676967
From what he does have up, they are wonderful to look at. My mind spins at the idea of what encouraged each nuance and design he chose to use.
Although I haven't seen any explanation of method, the artistry alone is pretty awesome.

>>18677183
I think sigils (especially their occult aspect) are particularly attractive to people with some degree of schizophrenia. Even in a secular mindset, the installation of meaning using ciphers, and the like, into some reduced symbol form may, on one end, intrigue the schizoid mind, and the artist, on the other end.

It fascinates me as a distinctly human practice. We've clearly been enjoying these types of practices since time immemorial, and I would love to know why. Why do humans find it necessary to crystallize experience in the form of symbol?
>>
>>18677183
Oh and to answer your question, I don't know for sure. However, it does seem to me that certain avenues of study, and particular interests, could cause the onset of schizoid symptoms in those already prone to schizophrenia.
The misuse of drugs will definitely encourage schizoid type consciousness.

This isn't to say a certain degree of schizophrenia is a bad thing -- In the west, especially, it is considered undesirable in individuals, as behaviors of schizoids cannot be easily predicted. But if you think about it, in the mind of an artist, or a mystic, schizoid thought-patterns could be a boon.

Just take it easy anon, if things appear to be becoming too intense, take a break. Look for other interests for a time, and at a later date, return to your sigils. You may be surprised by the new perspective.
>>
>>18672076
What if you want to create sigils for single words, or names of entities? What about using sigils in aiding summoning, what would you write?
>>
>>18677485
You might be interested in magic squares, as they relate to sigils.
>>
File: shadilay.png (13KB, 236x367px) Image search: [Google]
shadilay.png
13KB, 236x367px
>>18674677

This is the sigil I created to represent Shadilay (kind of a bad copy, made this in paint)
>>
Has anyone enchanted an item before? Is there some good reading material on the subject, can I approach it like sigil creation (which has been useful for me in the past)?
>>
File: dream_1.png (272KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dream_1.png
272KB, 2000x2000px
>>18678350

These are the ones I got from my dream earlier in the week.

They were not constructed with my method.
>>
How?
How do you make these and understand their meaning?
I have a tattoo on my leg that looks like these markings. I dont understand its meaning. I can post it if someone likes.
>>
>>18678350
It looks like someone taking a shit or a fart on a toilet
>>
File: 01_Saturn_chart.png (635KB, 984x1991px) Image search: [Google]
01_Saturn_chart.png
635KB, 984x1991px
>>
File: 2_saturn_numbers.jpg (30KB, 363x365px) Image search: [Google]
2_saturn_numbers.jpg
30KB, 363x365px
>>18681572
>>18681572
>>
>>18681572
Someone figure out what words or phrases will translate to a swastika using this method, just for amusement purposes.
>>
>>
>>18681607
Lazy ass NEET, you do it. Then you'll finally have something to share with /x/ you did yourself.
>>
>>18681679
nah
>>
File: adversary.gif (1MB, 718x1280px) Image search: [Google]
adversary.gif
1MB, 718x1280px
>>18678761
>I have a tattoo on my leg that looks like these markings. I dont understand its meaning

WHY would you get a sigil you don't know what it means tattooed on yourself?
>>
>>18681695
to get an edgy witch gf.
if it works then what does the meaning matter?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.