[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Music & people talking while you try to sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: _64407428_yawn.jpg (23KB, 464x290px) Image search: [Google]
_64407428_yawn.jpg
23KB, 464x290px
anyone ever go to bed, lay down and right when you're in the middle of sleep and awake, you hear the faint, distant sounds of music playing and people talking. It's like there's a radio playing from years back but there's no radio. I live out in the sticks and the only radio I have is iheartradio but I turn my phone off at night. Anyone else years this weird shit?
>>
I FEEL like I have experienced this before but I can't say definitively.
>>
I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of

Believe me

I don't want to set the world on fire
I just want to start a flame in your heart
>>
>>18671758
I thought the guy was laying next to a big black dick in the thumbnail. Jesus.
>>
>>18671843
If I were you I'll meditate on that.

A lot.
>>
Sometimes at the moment of ejaculation.
>>
I listened to the news for about 5 mins one night before I realized I didn't have a tv in my room.
>>
sometimes when i'm about to sleep i hear people talking and i have absolutely no control of what they say.
>>
>>18671913
It wasn't from the too past tho. It was The Kelly File on Fox.
>>
>>18671921
Yeah you can hallucinate voices in the stage of falling asleep. Its very common.
>>
>>18671758
Yes, frequently. It's auditory hallucinations.
>>
Fedora explanation: HUUURRR MENTAL ILLNESS AND HALLUCINATIONS *SHITS HIS PANTS AND DROOLS* NO EVIDENCE
Sane explanation: You may be in an altered state of consciousness that allowed you to perceive it.
>>
could be a major symptom of schizophrenia. if you're a male in your mid 20s, look into it now before it goes too far.
>>
>>18671758
Form the thumbnail i though it was a black cock. Too much of /tv/ and /pol/ i guess.
>>
>>18671758
People will say it's auditory hallucinations or pareidolia, but it may not be. The voices always start off like you're hearing voices in another room: muffled, but obviously more than one person having a conversation. Then, the voices get closer and you can understand them. Listen to what they have to say. It may save your life one day.
>>
>>18671843
Lel did you forget you were on /x/ and not on /pol/?
>>
>>18675144
Top kek
>>
>>18671758
Yeah it's just an audio hallucination. I get them from time to time, and used to get them a lot after coming home from nightclubs/raves.

I did have one recently tho and it freaked me out, was almost a sleep and I heard what sounded like a demon yelling something at me. Cannot remember what it said, but it creeped me wide awake.
>>
>>18671758
yeah, the scary part is sometimes everyone in the house hears. the voices never say anything, maybe i need to listen closer though.
>>
>>18675088
isn't that just what happens prior to falling asleep ie hearing or seeing things when you are dreaming but awake so to speak? Hypnogogic imagery or something? It also happens for noises.
>>
Maybe it's something similar to this?
A lot of the time when i'm sleeping i'll wake up 10 seconds or so prior to my mobile phone buzzing that I recieved a text message, or my home phone ringing. Often I can also feel like i'll recieve a text message (without any reason) and i'll look at my phone a few seconds before I recieve it and then it'll show up.
I figure it has something to do with being sensitive to signals maybe it's similar and you can somehow feel radio signals or something.
>>
Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

MYTH BUSTED
>>
>>18675275
Hypnagogic hallucinations are often auditory or have an auditory component. Like the visuals, hypnagogic sounds vary in intensity from faint impressions to loud noises, like knocking and crash and bangs (exploding head syndrome). People may imagine their own name called, crumpling bags, white noise, or a doorbell ringing. Snatches of imagined speech are common. While typically nonsensical and fragmented, these speech events can occasionally strike the individual as apt comments on — or summations of — their thoughts at the time. They often contain word play, neologisms and made-up names. Hypnagogic speech may manifest as the subject's own "inner voice", or as the voices of others: familiar people or strangers. More rarely, poetry or music is heard.[26]

DAS RIIIGGGHT
>>
>>18675165
>It may save your life one day.
Or not listening to voices might save lives of other people that OP would not kill because voices told him to
>>
It's part of your transition to deep sleep; just ride the current.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (85KB, 309x310px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
85KB, 309x310px
>>18671758
YES! many years since last time i heard music, but it has happened multiple times.
It happens right before i fall asleep.
>>
Don't know if this is kind of like what you're saying, but I would be watching a live stream, then go right to sleep afterwards. It would feel like I was still watching the stream, even though I wasn't for a solid 10 minutes afterwards. Was truly a weird experience.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.