[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical Question: Is Being A Good Person Really The Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Would a Ned Flanders type of guy really stand a better chance of being accepted into heaven by whatever all powerful being decides our fate than say for example an arsehole who accomplishes a lot in his lifetime? Imagine a guy who doesn't do anything particularly good in his life, but manages to invent the hoverboard out of his own interest in technology. His invention will undoubtedly have a great impact on humanity and his name will be in history books for thousands of years due to his legendary genius. Isn't the ability to invent shit a quality God would be interested in admitting into his/her/it's realm? What if a woman finds the cure to HIV, but doesn't administer the cure to the people who'd need it the most for a price they could even dream to be able to afford like for example poverty stricken Botswanans. She'll undoubtably be a raging thundercunt, but her medical breakthrough will have undoubtedly had a rippling effect on human history for thousands of years to come.

Again, is being a good person one's only chance of being admitted into heaven?
>>
I always liked Little Nick's "self-sacrifice is a free ticket" rule
>>
lol u better be powerful enough to fend for yourself if you plan on refusing god. he doesnt need us, we need him. demons are just weaker beings of the same sort. they'll eat you whole if god isnt there to snatch you up the second you die.
>>
>>18665340
Self sacrifice isn't always a good thing though. Altruism doesn't always serve the greater good as it's intended to do. Japanese Kamikaze Pilots flew their aircraft into American warships for the glory of Imperial Japan and their emperor during World War II, but what did that achieve and what would it have achieved if that would've defeated The United States Military?
>>
>>18665362
That's besides the question. The question is whether God only wants altruistic people in his/her/it's realm or if people's souls can be granted entrance on the count of their Earthly achievements.

Besides, demons can't eat what's already dead and why would they even? Eating is for the mortal, not the immortal.
>>
>>18665443
1. what god wants is in the bible, dont question it if you want truth

2. you dont "die" when you die or there wouldnt be an afterlife now would there? biobody=/=soul

3. only god is truly immortal, all others are simply vampires that feed from our strength (which all comes from god)

my point being that u just need to do what the bible says to do and avoid the things it says not to do. its easy as cake when you break the conditioning. dont try to weasel your way out of the second death.
>>
>>18665409
I meant it more in the context they used which is giving your life so another may live, not crashing planes with no survivors for glorious 1000x folded emperor
>>
>>18665458
How do you even know that the Abrahamic faith you subscribe to is any more the truth than say for example Buddhism, Voodoo or any other faith in existence today? I think that we're all just as ignorant about whatever happens to our consciousness after we die as each other.
>>
>>18665330

There is no "after" life.

There is life, and there is void.

You are only ever in one state at any given time, and you are usually not even cognizant of it.
>>
>>18665483
That raises the question of whom you gave your life to save and whether that person in turn was worthy of life. The people we love can say a lot about the type of people we are after all.
>>
>>18665493
Fine. Then how does one "continue living"?
>>
>>18665512

I did by basically not being an asshole. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>18665489
stop trying to know things and have faith idiot, you arent powerful enough to know ANYTHING. everything you think you know could just as easily be false.
>>
>>18665501
I'm pretty sure as long as your intentions are benevolent it wouldn't matter. Saving a life is saving a life and giving your own in the process is kinda the ultimate sacrifice you can give
>>
Christians have been arguing about this for literally a millenia.
>>
>>18665532
so why have faith in god versus any other belief system?
>>
>>18665330
>Again, is being a good person one's only chance of being admitted into heaven?
no
Ever lasting life- how to.
>Declare that Jesus Christ is Lord
>Baptism of water
>Faith in the word of God (in God) (believing in the resurrection and salvation, i.e eternal life)
>(Good) works according to how the Holy spirit guides you
>>
File: 1487371628645.jpg (97KB, 566x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487371628645.jpg
97KB, 566x842px
>>18665489
>How do you even know that the Abrahamic faith you subscribe to is any more the truth than say for example Buddhism, Voodoo or any other faith in existence today?

i can give you my reasoning as to why i believe the Abrahamic Faith (Christianity) more so than any other.

To set it up.
There is a spirit realm (verified by personal and extra personal experiences)
>Most if not all cultures agree to this.
There are spirits that enter and posses people, some aren't as harmful as others
>A lot of cultures agree to this
Exorcism is done by appeasing the spirit or by purifiying oneself and casting out the spirit (this part is very particular).
>A lot of cultures agree to this to an extent
this is where Christianity is different, In Christianity it doesn't matter from what background the possessed victim is from, the spirit/s can be cast out/exorcised/evicted by claiming the blood of Jesus,

How this differs from the Other cultures, is that, His name is able to Heal, Purify, Bless, Exorcise, Resurrect, Command the elements & spirits, *Move Mountains, Walk on water* and much much more.

Many faiths are similar but Christianity stands above the rest.

To my family this has been verified and it's one of many reasons for why we adhere to the Christian Faith.

There are more reasons, but for basic living the ones mentioned are sufficient for me.
>>
Todd McFarlane has a good outlook on it in the Spawn comics - what if it doesn't matter how good or evil you really are, God and the Devil made a deal where each soul goes to one of them on a "you get 1, I get 1" basis, and every now and then they would do trades in order to get the best possible army together for the Apocalypse.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.