[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Research into credible psychic, or magic phenomenon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: psychicphenomena.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
psychicphenomena.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
If one was to create a environment for lab testing credible psychic and magic phenomenon, or users, what sort of tests would be administered, and how would applicants be chosen?
>>
>>18658670
Not an expert but shouldn't MRIs be good enough?
Shouldn't psychics be able to feel magnets?
>>
>>18658692
This might be an excellent route to go. One of the requirements for this is that it has to follow a strict testing pattern, one that could not be discredited.
>>
The problem with 'research' into actual psychic phenomena, is that it's not what people think it is.

It's not brain waves reaching out from the ether and moving actual matter. It's more about how thoughts, ideas, and even messages can shape behavior both in others and your self. The meme of 'meme magic' is that it's incredibly real and quite powerful. There may very well be an esoteric space our minds have some sort of access to in the right state, but that's basically irrelevant.

If you understand the power of thought, as thought becomes pattern, pattern becomes behavior, and behavior becomes outcome. If you understand how to mold thought and all that springs from it, you can do unimaginable things. No one has or likely will achieve this, we can only scratch at the door of this potential, more or less. But to do this, has tremendous and terrifying connotations.

The other problem is the outcomes are not uniform and linear like a math problem. Some are immune to some ideas and manipulation thereof, either because they're too smart or because they're too dumb or too occupied. Some are more easily influenced because of their state of mind or state of affairs. It's not mechanical in a way that's easy to understand or meter out amid inquiry.

I'm sure a lot of people who read this will think about how silly the notion is. But everyone knows that bullying can, in effect, lead to someone committing suicide; to override one of the prime motivators of all salient life, survival. But also think about how positive influences have shaped you as a person. That is the true nature of 'psychic' power, if you were to ask me. And it's far more exotic and grand when you start seeing it elsewhere beyond individual interactions.
>>
File: pyramideye.jpg (116KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
pyramideye.jpg
116KB, 854x480px
>>18658670

Magically.
>>
>credible
Youre setting for failure as reality might be a wee bit incredible.
I remember putting myself in a trance and falling asleep, in the dream I projected and had spirit sex, when I woke up after finishing my dick had all of the symptoms of being used just recently for lewd.
>>
>>18658743
What is beyond individual interactions?
It's true, I never know what to say
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.