[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thunderbird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: H3051356.jpg (102KB, 819x614px) Image search: [Google]
H3051356.jpg
102KB, 819x614px
I was identifying animals on the Zooniverse Panthera project and came across this image. Looks like a massive bird swooping down on a big cat of some kind.
>>
Probably a hawk or eagle but I am still interested in thunderbirds
>>
I wish there was more pictures of these thunderbirds. But seeming as they are in the air and fast no camera or anybody is gonna be brave enough and fast enough to do the job
>>
File: Thunderbird.jpg (23KB, 632x415px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbird.jpg
23KB, 632x415px
I live in PA and always wanted to see one. They seem like a really cool cryptid that could plausibly exist.
>>
The pic doesn't really look like an eagle or hawk to me. way too fat. almost un-aerodynamic. its possible the bird is in the foreground and cat in the background. but, if so, the framing is impeccable for a trail cam haha
>>
File: civilpt.jpg (99KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
civilpt.jpg
99KB, 640x427px
>One of the 'Civil War pterosaur' photographs most often alleged to be genuine is that which shows an apparent Pteranodon specimen. There have been radical creationist claims that this photograph was taken near the city of Vicksburg in 1864 and that the infamous Freaky Links pterosaur photograph (shown at the bottom of the aforementioned image compilation) is an intentional doppelgänger of this 'legitimate' photograph. However, as cryptozoological researcher Dale Drinnon has duly remarked upon, there are multiple red flags in the photograph itself which reveal it to be the almost certain work of photoshop.1 These indicators include the lack of fingers grasping the rifle held by one alleged solider in the photograph, the presence of edge halos typical to photoshop manipulation, and signs of a blur filter usage.1
>>
File: 1462416883603.jpg (44KB, 585x343px) Image search: [Google]
1462416883603.jpg
44KB, 585x343px
I have seen fully grown Condors in the wild.

Breathtaking.
>>
>>18657716
I was mentioning that because of the white head and tail, but just because it "looks" like something else doesn't mean it is.

Though it probably isn't too big, if it is a thunderbird it isn't a very old one
>>
>>18657735
I wasn't necessarily saying it was a "thunderbird" per say. Just using it a a blanket statement for, "doesn't that look like a big fucking bird?!?" Thought y'all would like it
>>
>>18657743

Yeah i understand

any other photos?
>>
>>18657735
It does look an awful lot like a bald eagle now that I look at it. But the photo was taken in Africa so...
>>
>>18657748
No other phots. I was just messing around on the citizen scientist website, zoonivers, hunting for planet 9, Nibiru, and came across this sweet pic when i tried another project on the site for a lil while.
>>
What does /x/ think about the popular theory that thunderbirds are Pterodactyls or something similar left over from the dinosaur age?

I much prefer them to be more of a large type of eagle like bird, it's a bit more plausible and mysterious.
>>
>>18657768
I agree. Ive seen really huge birds from far off before, to where a 12-15 foot wingspan wouldnt be that "off the wall". however, dinos alive today seems like a big stretch
>>
File: large1.jpg (14KB, 624x280px) Image search: [Google]
large1.jpg
14KB, 624x280px
>>18657796
The maoris and the abbos lived with giant birds, one of them making it to the XXth century wouldn't be impossible.
>>
>>18657603
Tbh it looks like that's all about the perspective, it's probably just a regular sea hawk swooping fish
>>
>>18657808
Gets you thinking though! haha
>>
>>18657831
xD
>>
File: dinochicken.png (187KB, 321x316px) Image search: [Google]
dinochicken.png
187KB, 321x316px
>>
File: really-big-shoe.jpg (48KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
really-big-shoe.jpg
48KB, 450x375px
Kind of looks like a shoebill stork
>>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentavis
7m wingspan. It looks like a vulture though. I always picture a thunderbird as a falcon/eagle. But it's proof that birds that big are possible
>>
>>18657799
Name of that bird the abbos lived with?
>>
>>18657603
Looks like some sort of stork to me, the wing shape doesn't look like the type a raptor would have
>>
>>18657603
The Maoris lived with a giant eagle, they had a myth about it, and were likely preyed upon by it. Too bad they killed it, along with all the other cool birds in NZ. Then maybe we wouldn't be stuck with the fucking kiwi as a national animal

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.