[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird humming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170220_181021.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170220_181021.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
Having a weird humming sound coming from a particular area of my room. Anyone have an idea. Pictures a map of the intensity of the sound
>>
>>18653764
I had a rusty water line under my house that used to hum and rattle. Could be hot water heating a metal pipe. Pipes like this will heat up as hot water flows through them and they will Rattle and hum for 5 minutes and then stop for like thirty minutes and then restart
>>
Remember sound reflects off surfaces and is amplified by certain materials; just because a noise is louder in a certain area doesn't mean that area is the source or even close to the source.

It could be a byproduct of infra-sound emanating from a nearby highway or turnpike, it could be from a water-source nearby, it could be just the airflow in or around your house.

Try turning off the electricity to the room.
Try turning off the water.
Try soundproofing the room and seeing if it continues.
>>
its coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE! RUN!
>>
I think electronics can do that sometimes. It happened to me, then when I walked past a certain point in my kitchen it went away, then I went back and the sound came back. I asked on /x/ and someone said it probably had to do with the wiring in the refrigerator, and my walking near it caused it to move and the sound to stop. I don't really get it.
>>
>>18653764
Fridge?
>>
when the vibrational frequency passes through certain materials it creates varied sound waves. this can depend on what is in your room. so you need to organize your room contents. catalog by size a metal consistency. then get the largest metal object and shove it up your butt.
>>
>>18654123
I found baseball bat.
>>
>>18654144
It's going to be hard but definitely worth it
>>
File: holig.jpg (296KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
holig.jpg
296KB, 600x600px
>>18653764
You live right on a ley line. The noise you're hearing is the energy reverberating inside your house. This could lead to problems if you have bad energies around. Be veerrry careful, OP. Veeeeery careful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.