[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haunted Games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 18

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
do y'all know any "haunted games" or games that gave you an unsettling feeling? bonus points if its not an actual horror game
>>
File: thecount.png (886KB, 1286x954px) Image search: [Google]
thecount.png
886KB, 1286x954px
>>
>>18649343
>like to play songs from memory
>play the wrong one
>that fucking song
>cry
>>
>>18649343
I thought the ghost in the hotel in that hitman game was pretty cool.
>>
File: Polybius-Gameplay-Splash.jpg (108KB, 560x431px) Image search: [Google]
Polybius-Gameplay-Splash.jpg
108KB, 560x431px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>18649343
F.E.A.R

I don't find it scary in the slightest anymore now that new horror games are out, I just like the combat and A.I so I rarely revisit it.
But I've been getting F.E.A.R related recurring dreams, even when I haven't been playing the game for a long time.

One time during said half dreams-half nightmares I dreamt 3 nights/times in succession a recurring dream where I was dressed something like a swat cop armed with a beretta and entering an old house or mansion that had a hidden military complex underneath it, I never got deep inside the laboratories but I knew about them and how big they were, just not what they contained or what their purpose was, I always painfully bled from my nose and ears and felt like my head and had that whizzing sound that happens when you stop listening to loud sounds also felt like my head will explode, before I could enter further from the lab entrance. And I felt it was caused by a little girl that always appears a few feet away in front of me before I die and awake from these things. She was barefoot, wore a torn dark reddish skin tight jumpsuit, had black hair, paleish skin her head was always looking at the floor but I could make out caucasian features.
The only reason I'm mention this is because I've never had the same dream over and over, they stopped for now, but it's just... not just spooky, but weird as fuck because they feel real but I KNOW it's the game fucking with me in some way or form, maybe brainwashing?

>tldr losing my sanity over a fucking video game that isn't even THAT scary or has been played by me that much for it to have such an bad effect on my mental condition.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>18649343
Minecraft

I dont mind horrors or horror games. But the ambience in this game,some of the sound files... freaky shit
>>
>>18649343
Well, Halo Master Chief Collection is pretty hellish sight.
>>
A lot of the more recent Pokemon games have some nice spooky easter eggs. No one's found anything in SuMo I don't think, unfortunately

https://gamerant.com/human-ghost-encounters-pokemon-536/
>>
>>18650690
wtf is this picture? i see the nether, but that face
>>
>>18653465
Must be a texture pack to make Ghasts look like that.
>>
>>18649343
i played a haunted game once. it's name was Super Mario 64 and what happened was that after killing a boo mario turned right around and told me to fuck off.
>>
any water level of any game
>>
Worlds.com
>>
File: hqdefault (14).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (14).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>18652974
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxmDvjRsUg
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
>>
File: Chofsa.jpg (45KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chofsa.jpg
45KB, 1280x768px
>>18649343
GTA San Andreas is riddled with occult and satanic images as Easter Eggs.
>Rumor has it that Big Smoke was a hardcore Satanist, hence all his biblical proverbs he spouts yet his actions are completely opposite.
Myths_and_Legends_in_GTA_San_Andreas
>>
>>18649343
One. "Below the Root", C64 version.

Be careful where you wander. And be more careful who you talk to. No, that is not in the game's palette normally. No, it should not be that high resolution.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6X1qRTRR4

I don't know how this game doesn't have more attention as it's super uncanny and it's humoring to think it was just something parents bought for their kid on impulse. The music is bizarre and the game itself has a very uncomfortably airy and empty atmosphere to it, but I guess the music kind of causes you to project that at that point.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x400px
Myst always creeped me out.
>>
Baldur's Gate has some pretty /x/ worthy moments. As do all the related games (Icewind, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter)

The original Neverwinter games had some fucking spooky parts.
>>
Clive Barker's Undying. It's an oldie but a goodie.
>>
half life 2 was scary. it holds a message.
tarot is doomed. my grandpa fought my uncle for founding him playing with the cards.he burnt them.
who knows here about the book"the sun of knowledge".
>>
>>18649343
Zelda 64 gave me that feeling when dealing with those undead skeletons.
>>
>>18657425
Er, not skeletons per say, but cadaver is the better word. They would scream at you and cause you to become struck with fear and unable to move as they slowly lurched toward you. Scary shit as a kid.
>>
File: 1467004713297.png (780KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1467004713297.png
780KB, 900x506px
>>18657434
The redeads were spooky; back in the day I thought that you had to find a way to kill them after the time skip, so I died a few times to them.

But this thing was terrifying.
>>
File: tenchu_592.jpg (49KB, 594x416px) Image search: [Google]
tenchu_592.jpg
49KB, 594x416px
It might seem stupid now but Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven's graveyard area where all the undead where unaffected by normal attacks and you couldn't kill them unless you had the spirit sword, so you pretty much where forced to skulk around and hide from the demons. And the music, that fucking music...
>>
>>18650690
I agree. There is something indescribable about the atmosphere. It just feels so... tense.
>>
>>18657475
Not as tense as your sphincter
>>
File: portal.jpg (134KB, 720x482px) Image search: [Google]
portal.jpg
134KB, 720x482px
>>18649343
Portal 1.
Hear me out.
So this is in no way a horror game but it has subtle horror to it that some players don't even pick up on. Something about the eerie music, something about the lonely testing chambers with little to no colour making you feel like you are lost in a melancholic maze. The game isn't afraid to show you the darker parts of science and has a rather nihilistic tone to it all throughout but towards then end Glados even hints at there being no afterlife. The player is made to feel like a disposable labrat stuck preforming tasks for the amusement of an AI. The secret ratman areas have the strangest music and make you feel like a schizo has been living in them. There are just a lot of little things that give Portal a horror undertone.
>>
File: considerable.jpg (17KB, 406x347px) Image search: [Google]
considerable.jpg
17KB, 406x347px
>>18657497
>>
>>18649343
I was young when Halo came out and the library with the flood was nuts. It went full dark mode.

>>18657279
Half life 2 definitely got me on edge. Between the barnacles and the head huggers, I just nope'd out of there
>>
>>18657461
Might check into the original with the screaming babies and shit.
>>
>>18657507
That's kinda the point of the game
>>
>>18657539
Yeah but it goes criminally unappreciated and it's part of what makes Portal so much better than Portal 2 and it's meme writing.
>>
>>18657535
It's good, underappreciated/forgotten game.
>>
>>18657581
well the game itself gets plenty of appreciation but the tones which were a big part of what the made the game so great are often overlooked. The portal franchise is a reminder that a sequel shouldn't just be about more levels or more dialogue, not when it forsakes what made the first game good.
>>
>>18657279
>>18657530
>HL2
>scary
u fucking wot
>headcrabs, barnacles being scary
you can't be serious
>>
>>18657610
yabba my icing
>>
File: 1487009477524.jpg (52KB, 709x470px) Image search: [Google]
1487009477524.jpg
52KB, 709x470px
>>18657610
I know, meanwhile I played FEAR with more calm. Even Outlast didn't get me going until a couple hours in.

I think I get spooked when others are around and their energy is tense. That and game volume
>>
File: Waterwraithcutscene.png (348KB, 614x472px) Image search: [Google]
Waterwraithcutscene.png
348KB, 614x472px
This level and boss was absolutely horrific as a kid, it was so much diffrent then anything else and had that creepy ass music.
(Game is Pikmin 2)
>>
>>18657451
Yeah, the Shadow Temple freaked me out when I was a kid. And Redeads, too.
>>
>>18657610
You're wrong, Half life 1 is scarier for two reasons, it's super ugly for today's standards and it's hard a shit on hard mode.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>18649343

Goosebump's Escape From Horrorland

The tunnel sections are terrifying and somehow the live action is unnerving, especially the vampire ball with Jeff Goldblum and the mummy that chases you through the pyramids.

The Scarecrow walks at Midnight.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 256x192px
LSD dream emulator
>>
>>18649366
That thing scared the living shit out of me as a child and it still gives me the chills
>>
>>18657191
Agreeing with this one. Baldur's Gate II is not only one of the bets games ever, but it is super /x/ worthy.
>>
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask really are the best horror games, in my opinion.

They don't have jump scares. Just amazing atmosphere.
>>
File: HMS-Terrible_fate.png (284KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
HMS-Terrible_fate.png
284KB, 800x522px
>>18658623
>>
File: deadhand.gif (583KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
deadhand.gif
583KB, 500x309px
>>18658758
>>
Duck hunt...

Never again..,
>>
>>18649343
MOM I AM A GAMMER

G A M M E R
A
M
M
E
R
>>
System Shock 2
The game itself isn't that scary nowadays but I've had a number of bad dreams inspired by it.
>>
>>18655732
Continue.
>>
>>18658576
This. I was playing this the other and I found a girl who had no face, just a blank head. And then her fucking head just fell off.

Did you ever find the dying lady? She's in the building you start in. Eventually she gets worse and dies, and decays into a skellyton, and finally into nothing. Then she fucking comes back.
>>
>>18657279
the sun of major knowledge
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.