[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite game /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1347.jpg (155KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1347.jpg
155KB, 960x540px
What's your favorite game /x/?
>>
>>18648776
Dunno about you but mine's Majora's Mask.
>>
>>18648776
The hardest question on /x/ right now.
>>
>>18648776
Games are a waste of time and this question isn't even remotely paranormal.

Go do something productive instead.
>>
>>18648958
>games are a waste of time
>this question isn't even remotely paranormal
>go do something productive
He says on /X/ of all places
>>
>>18648960
Maybe the time you spend on /x/ is unproductive with shitposting and creepypasta but there is a lot to gain inbetween the 98% of bullshit threads.
>>
>>18648985
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, lady.
>>
>>18648776
It used to be WoW, but only up to WotLK. Today it's a casual shitfest with no sense of community and extremely bad PvP. Now I'm torn between Dark Souls III and The Witcher 3. Another honorable mentions are previous Dark Souls games, Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon age. There might be more, but I can't think of any right now.
>>
Without a doubt, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
Not really paranormal unless you consider the bit about the noosphere
>>
>>18648958
Why? Are movies, books and other forms of entertainment also a waste of time? Aren't sports waste of time? Sure, with sports you gain physical fitness, but it's better to do it effectively rather than run around chasing the ball.
No one can be productive 24/7. If you need to unwind and relax a bit, why should the video games be a waste of time?
>>
File: most popular games.png (10KB, 415x266px) Image search: [Google]
most popular games.png
10KB, 415x266px
>>18649023
You can do whatever you want with your time.
Watching documentaries, playing musical instruments, reading books, and exercising can be entertaining, relaxing and most importantly productive.

What do you gain after 1000 hours of playing league of legends or call of duty?
Compare that with spending 1000 hours reading about science or other important topics.
>>
>>18649046
You do neither of those things, dummy.
>>
>>18649051
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>18649046
>League of Legends and CoD are the only games that exist and represent all facets of this medium of entertainment
>there are no games that involve teaching complex subjects or cover important topics of discussion and learning
>video games can't be either relaxing or productive
>no examples of a documentary, book, or any of MY preferred activities being a waste of anybody's time ever
>>
>>18648776
Sonic /x/
>>
>>18649061
>League of Legends and CoD are the only games that exist and represent all facets of this medium of entertainment
I didn't imply that.
Seeing as how the most popular games worldwide are monotonous and don't teach you anything, my point still stands.

>there are no games that involve teaching complex subjects or cover important topics of discussion and learning
List 10 computer games that teach you complex subjects and cover important topics of discussion and learning.

>video games can't be either relaxing or productive
Playing video games are almost never productive.

>no examples of a documentary, book, or any of MY preferred activities being a waste of anybody's time ever
Yes if you don't enjoy educating yourself, it could definitely be considered a waste of time to you. I know a lot of people who hate learning.
>>
>>18649060
That you don't spend thousands of hours doing either of the things you mention because you spend your spare time dicking about on a paranormal internet forum pretending to be some mature, enlightened individual with the authority to decide what constitutes a waste of another person's time and why your own personal pursuits make you better than others.
>>
>>18649067
How do you know what I've been doing all day?
Assumptions, assumptions.
You're getting so angry for no reason brother.
It's okay, go play some video games and have a fun time.
>>
>>18649022
What about the gravity anomalies?
>>
>>18649017
I guess you just suck at pvp, not saying that it hasnt changed but still..
>>
>>18649065
>Seeing as how the most popular games worldwide are monotonous and don't teach you anything, my point still stands.
I could say exactly the same thing about literature, television, cinema and music.
Your point means nothing.
>List 10 computer games that teach you complex subjects and cover important topics of discussion and learning.
Google exists because games like these are often from third party or independent developers, but you wouldn't know about that would you?
Games have been designed and implemented for a diverse number institutions, from medical schools for both physical and mental health, to children's games that teach basic lessons for the purpose of studying.
>Playing video games are almost never productive.
Relaxation goes hand in hand with productivity.
Being so tightly wound all the time because you can't take the time to let loose and do something you enjoy for the sake of it is a recipe for a bad time.
>Yes if you don't enjoy educating yourself, it could definitely be considered a waste of time to you. I know a lot of people who hate learning.
And THIS is by far the most pretentious thing I've seen anybody write on this board.
>>
>>18649070
>>>18649067 (You)
>How do you know what I've been doing all day?
>Assumptions, assumptions.
He says while making assumptions about games and people who play them.
>You're getting so angry for no reason brother.
I'm upset because you've literally just insulted a form of media that I happen to enjoy while also directly insulting me by claiming that I'm "unproductive" and "hate learning"
Don't go trying to write off your personal attack just because it's a generalization, either.
>It's okay, go play some video games and have a fun time.
You'd like for me to leave so you can pretend to have won some sort of debate here, wouldn't you?
>>
>>18649009
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 3v3.jpg (451KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
3v3.jpg
451KB, 1680x1050px
>>18649087
Kek. It has changed tremendously. I will provide details if you wish. I used to be king at PvP, but that was some time ago in high school when I had more time. I'm 3000+ exped on frost mage ,ele shaman, 2600+ destro warlock and arms warrior. I dare you to reverse search those screenshots.
>>
>>18649046
What's your point? I still read quite a lot and I play piano and compose a little when I'm in the mood. Video games aren't entirely unproductive. I've made lots of friends online and even met some of them, I've been told stories better than in most of the books I've red. And most importantly, I had fun. I regret nothing.
>>
>>18649185
Wait a sec..
Have you played in cata/legion?
>>
File: ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-21.jpg (58KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-21.jpg
58KB, 700x525px
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_081913_141448.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_081913_141448.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>18649263
I skipped cata, played MoP, then spent two months on WoD, which was enough to get me frustrated. My friend plays legion and I have been getting updates from him and watched him play regularly. I'm not a subscriber anymore and I play WoW for fun on private servers perhaps once a few months.
>>
>>18649288
Alright, ant good PS you would recommend?
>>
>>18649298
Lol, any*
>>
File: SMT2Poster.jpg (1MB, 2405x3600px) Image search: [Google]
SMT2Poster.jpg
1MB, 2405x3600px
>>18648776
Shin Megami Tensei II.
>>
>>18649298
I only used private servers for WotlK and vanilla. Most of the good private servers I played on already died and it's hard do find any new ones, because those dlcs are old as fuck.

The legendary WotlK one was called Arena Tournament, it's still up but under a different staff, the overall quality went down and it lost almost all of its community. Now it's called "blackrock" and is under project "molten wow". Try to look through their servers and find if anything that piques your interest. Another good private server supposedly is Dalaran WoW, but I haven't played there for very long. As for the vanilla, elysium project is propably the only one worth mentioning.
>>
>>18649326
Thanks for that, i recommend trying legion out tho, the artifact thing is pretty cool and i love the pvp atleast when playing enha shaman.
>>
>>18649334
Perhaps one time, I will. I don't have the time to play consistently right now so subscribtion isn't very good idea. I have to admit I haven't really given legion a chance, because blizzard pissed me off with WoD. PvP lacked depth, was dumbed down, abilities were pruned, everyone was sitting in their garrisons, no sense of community, everyone used dungeon/raid finder and so on. But I'm also a notoric oldschool player and it's true that I often look down on any change in the game without giving it much chance.
>>
>>18649046
Who the fuck only plays LOL or COD? Wow you saw a bunch of normalfags playing some shit mainstream games this has to be bait right? Even then those games teach tactics and reaction times. But thats irrelevant I've seen games depict a story stronger than a novel with advance vocabulary and concepts
>>
>>18649046
You are like those self-acclaimed critics that think they know everything but do nothing. Fuck off.
>>
>>18649185
Oh, and if anyone is interested in seeing me play. I recently created an autistic video when I was procrastinating during the preparation for exams. I was nowhere as good as I used to be and had no arena partner at that time. This was just to show my friends and for my own fun..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGLKd5dX80

And here is me dueling one of the best Czech warlocks at that time. It's from his perspective and it was meant as a tutorial so I was forced to use certain strategies on which we agreed in advance. It also obviously shows the duels he won, but I defeated him almost every time when I actively tried to outrange him as is shown in the last duel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nph23vmYXp0

If it's blocked in your country, try this link.
eachvideo com/watch?v=nph23vmYXp0
>>
>>18649022
>>18649081
POOLTIERGUYSTS

(plus all of X-# labs is super2spooky)

but yeah, all of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games will be some of my favorites for all of time. I love of noosphere/C-Conscience theory stuff.

Modding is fun. Call of Chernobyl is simple yet best mod for the games. Also added warfare, dynamic factions, itemsoup, weapon mod etc. Ive never had more fun with video games.
>>
>>18648776
Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>18648985
So should I "go do something productive", or spend hours sifting through the 98% of bullshit?

Make up your mind you argumentative fuck.
>>
File: 33y7a0q4ek1.jpg (186KB, 790x599px) Image search: [Google]
33y7a0q4ek1.jpg
186KB, 790x599px
>>18648776
This though it's not /x/ related
>>
>>18649438
/x has little content and it's slow. There is no need to further censor "not related" threads as long as people are ok with them and it's not straight up shitposting.
>>
>>18648776
If it's /x/ related Fear and Fear 2, Fear 3 sucked huge dick. Should've got a refund for it.
>>
>>18649046
>hurrrr what do you gain"

Online Games
>sense of community
>playing with friends
>competitive spirit

Singleplayer games
>characters
>atmosphere
>pacing
>lore building
>storytelling (drama, tragedy, romance, action, comedy, etc)
>ya know, the same components that make up, books, tv, poetry, and film

What a hypocritical nigger. Stop pretending that playing video games isn't an acceptable use of time compared to other forms of media.
>>
>>18649046
What the fuck are you doing that's productive with that "1000 of hours reading about science"?

You're not changing the world or anything, especially being here on /x/.
>>
>>18649457
What's also funny is that almost everyone who tried to discouraged me from playing video games was female. Every single one of them spent their time envying each other's looks and bitching on normiebook or taking selfies and fishing likes. They spent almost more time in front of a screen than me.
>>
>>18749046
When you supply a list of the top 10 games but there's only 8 games on it, I think we know who's really wasting their time.
>>
>18649484
Meant to reply to >>18649046
>>
>>18649309
My brethren.
>>
Kingdom Hearts.
>>
Nioh is consuming my shit. Also witcher 2.
>>
>>18649285

I bet I can kick your ass fuck boi
>>
>>18649438

Mein nigger
>>
File: IMG_2554.jpg (293KB, 1168x1712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2554.jpg
293KB, 1168x1712px
We had an info graph floating around here on /x/. I'll try to find it for you OP - it had a lot of spooky video games on it.
>>
File: spooky_games.jpg (664KB, 1600x3700px) Image search: [Google]
spooky_games.jpg
664KB, 1600x3700px
Hope these help...
>>
File: spooky_games_2.jpg (412KB, 736x3432px) Image search: [Google]
spooky_games_2.jpg
412KB, 736x3432px
>>18649673
>>
>>18648776
The original Deus Ex, which should be mandatory playing for every /x/phile.
>>
File: Majora's Mask.jpg (308KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Majora's Mask.jpg
308KB, 1680x1050px
Remember when video games used to be about murder?
>>
Ffxv
>>
>>18648776
Darkest Dungeon
Bastoin was pretty great but has only so mch replayability
>>
>>18649841
I was considering to buy darkest dungeon? Is it worth it?
>>
>>18648776

Witcher 3
>>
File: evil_portal.png (501KB, 1024x601px) Image search: [Google]
evil_portal.png
501KB, 1024x601px
>>18648776
Rebuild. Free flash game. It's not perfect, but I like it. It would be a lot more engaging in first person; I think they had something like that in the works and it didn't get beyond concept.

It's mostly resource management. After the zombie apocalypse, you're making a try at taking back the city. You start with a few people and four squares in the center of a randomly generated map. You have to recruit more people, kill zombies, reclaim squares with useful buildings or supplies, and so on until you win. Four ways to do that: research the cure, conquer the whole map, write a constitution, or close the portal.

The thing is, the balance can be pretty delicate. It's seriously challenging on Harder difficulty, I think I only beat it on Nightmare once. If you're too ambitious, you spread yourself too thin and the zombies get you. If you're too careful, your base doesn't keep up with the zombies, so they still get you. You need everything at once. People, housing and food for them, happiness buildings to make them not fucking riot. Two labs running simultaneously. You want to have enough people on guard duty so that if the zombies attack you probably won't get reamed, but then you can't use those people for something else, like clearing zombies so there are fewer of them to be a threat.

>>18649046
If you're unable to learn anything from an activity, certainly, there's no reason for you to do it. But the flaw is in your inability to figure out how it could be instructive to you.

Video games in general improve hand-eye coordination and reaction time. Team games may teach how to cooperate within groups and think strategically. With wargames, especially, player tend to learn actual military tactics, to the point where armed forces use them as training tools.

>>18650142
It seems very interesting. Obvious Mike Mignola influences. If you're not certain, this is where you find out: >>>/vg/168481749
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.