[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do supernatural hunters (of cryptids, ghosts, demons, werewolves,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

do supernatural hunters (of cryptids, ghosts, demons, werewolves, monsters, etc) exist?
>>
>Cassie, Chessie, Bessie, Kipsy

Fuck I thought Sonic OC's were bad, I never knew the loch ness monster had a deviantart group
>>
>>18648310
I can at least confirm that there are people who think they are supernatural hunters.
>>
>>18648310
Tons of them. Not necessarily hunting with a gun, but there are definitely people trying to find good, solid evidence for the existence of cryptids, or document and study ghost hauntings.

There are people who try to "hunt" demons but they tend to be religious nuts. Werewolf stuff is less than it was, I think, and more the subject of psychological disorders (clinical lycanthropy) nowadays, or beliefs among more superstitious cultures. Same goes with vampires. You have to go pretty far out off the beaten path to find people who still believe in vampires or vampire-like occurrences, and usually it's among people who don't understand epidemiology or the process of death, attributing the spread of disease (or bouts of bad luck) and stages of decay to supernatural influence. Er... same goes with witch hunts, in that regard. Rarely in the history of witch hunting has anyone actually gone after genuine practitioners of magic. It's usually an event triggering societal paranoia, and greedy fuckers taking advantage of that paranoia to kill some people off and take their shit.

The definition of "monster" is subject to debate, I suppose.
>>
File: -pokeball-png-0.png (85KB, 1158x1156px) Image search: [Google]
-pokeball-png-0.png
85KB, 1158x1156px
>>18648310
gotta catch em all¡¡¡
>>
>>18648310
What the fuck is Caddy? I've never heard of that once and I've lived in Oregon my whole life.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18648310
Grew up in WNC all my life, not really familiar with any legends/cryptids in my area. Is there something that y'all can direct my attention to in the area? We've got Helen's bridge, but ghosts never spooked me.
>>
File: Manfrog.jpg (109KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Manfrog.jpg
109KB, 340x340px
All I can tell you is The Loveland Frogman (Ohio) is real.
>>
Meh, if you can't find some then summon the entities yourself. Make the places haunted or influenced with a little lucid astral manipulation and contracting things to an area.
>>
>>18650231
Clearly a ripoff of the Michigan Dogman. Fuck sake, it even rhymes. Get off our dick, Ohio.
>>
>>18650171
ask the locals. very few cryptids are online
>>
>>18648310
>dream of cryptid hunting with /k/ommando klad bretheren
>live in VA
just fucking ruin my day why dontcha?
>>
>chessie
...am I the only one who refers to heartburn as chessie?
>>
>no alaska
Lake iliamna monster would fit in perfectly with the ten other lake monsters on the list. I've also run into a kushtaka up here if you guys want some stories about that shit, pretty spooky
>>
>>18652301
Shit man, Chessie btfo out of some truck driver on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge last week. Fucking reptilians thinking they can fool us by saying a gust of win blew him off
>>
>>18652318
stories
>>
>>18648310
I love this man,it shows you just where the creatures don't exist.
>>
File: Dogman.jpg (6KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
Dogman.jpg
6KB, 195x259px
>>18648310
No Michigan Dogman?
>>
>>18648310
They dont get much work and the market is super saturated.
>>
>>18653355
Sorry for the late reply senpai, went to sleep. Not a really interesting story if you don't know much about native stories. Up here we learn a lot of Tlingit folklore in school, with tribal elders coming in to talk during our Alaska history course. They talked a lot about old stories and stuff like that, and one story they told is about what they call the kushtaka or however you spell it. It's a shapeshifting otter that lures people to their deaths through various means (or turns them into another kushtaka, depending on who's telling the story.)
I was 16 years old out hunting deer when I heard a woman yelling for help and a baby crying about 200 yards away. It was about a mile from town, and people went out and walked the trails around the island when the weather was good, so I thought it was just someone who had fallen and hurt themselves. I made my way down a pretty steep hill to a stream, and saw a group of about 10 otters standing around looking directly at me, no humans in sight. I freaked out and ran all the way back home, never went out hunting alone again.
>>
File: Z.png (65KB, 184x168px) Image search: [Google]
Z.png
65KB, 184x168px
>>18648310
I live in point pleasant. There's an occasional group of mothman hunters who ride around in a rickshaw like pic related and they just keep screaming at anyone who even *remotely* resembles a "bird man" and for some reason the police have never been able to catch them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.