[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House of Cameras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: secFDCam.jpg (39KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
secFDCam.jpg
39KB, 480x358px
Two doors down from my apartment there's a house that has at least 16 surveillance cameras JUST on the backside of the house that leads to a tiny, tiny one way backstreet only used by those of us who live on said one-way road and public services.

I have been curious for a while but also too nervous to walk around and count just how many cameras there are on it. This is a very blue collar neighborhood, in a medium-sized town in Appalachia and the house itself looks to be the same age and upkeep as the rest of the area (60 to 80 y/o, plastic siding, nothing else new or different about it). The cameras on the backside are placed at pretty much every corner and on all 3 floors. I have been red lights on them turn on when I drive by at night so I'm guessing they are motion sensitive.

What could possibly be the reason for this? My first thought is that it's just a drug dealer, but so much about the situation is so strange; an innocuous, hard to find house but then put at least 16 surveillance cameras on it? Like I said, this is a small town in Appalachia, there's no gangs here.The /x/ side of me thinks it could be some kind of secret government facility.
>>
They've probably had break ins by people coming from the little backstreet.
>>
>>18647450
post more pictures if you have them. ideas pulled from my rectum: paranoid person, child abuse ring, drug lord, secret government black site, someone plagued by spirits. have you seen anyone go inside of the house at all?
>>
>>18647450
>at least 16 surveillance cameras
only shows 1 camera
>The cameras on the backside are placed at pretty much every corner and on all 3 floors.

that house looks like it's one floor.

come on OP you fucking faggot. if you live 2 doors down, take some more pictures.
>>
>>18647459
I also thought that, but this neighborhood is very safe - the whole town has almost no crime (all the crime is alcohol related pretty much). Their stats say we're 51% lower than the national average. I live just two doors down and I don't lock my doors - it's still part of that part of America.

Yet, also it's a working class area - coal miners here. My rent is 300 bucks a month. 16 security cameras I see for sale at Walmart for 900 dollars, also many of the cameras are clearly different brands (some are black, some white, different shapes) so it couldn't have been from a bulk package like they're selling at Walmart.
>>
>>18647486
I will tomorrow, it's 8 at night. I didn't want to even risk going up there - know they'll see me obviously, if /x/ didn't think there was any reason to investigate
>>
>>18647477
My girlfriend said one time she saw a black luxury car (doesn't know the difference between brands so couldn't be more specific) parked on the lawn, but neither of us have ever seen anyone outside or around it. I've met all my other neighbors on this street.
>>
>>18647508
until you post more photo evidence. i cant believe a word you say
>>
>>18647508
very weird. how long has the house been owned by the same people? do you think it is just a property owner sitting on it waiting for property value to increase? also, how many stories is a typical house on your street/in your area? a couple more rectum ideas: human trafficking stronghold, haunted house under study, serial killer's body processing mansion. hope this doesn't scare you guys
>>
>>18647547
Not scarred but I'm interested in OP's story.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a drug dealer's stash house, he keeps his drugs there and has the weakest point of security covered by cameras
>>
>>18647547
I'm not scarred so much as just interested. I'm not sure what would be scarier of a possibility though, honestly government site or drug dealer are the ones I most fear some kind of retaliation from investigating it.

Most houses here are 3 stories.They were all built probably about 60-80 years ago as the local university started to grow as housing for the townies.
>>
>>18647573
Drug dealer most likely, drugs like Percocet are really popular in that region and a lot of Veterans abuse them
>>
>>18647573
well I'm glad you aren't feeling scared. since you live close to the camera house and pass by it everytime you go to and from your own house, I doubt they'll notice you taking pictures at all. would I be right at guessing price of homes is around $200k for you guys? Is there any new industries popping up around where you live that show some signs of increasing the value of houses drastically in the area?
>>
>>18647624
Not even apparently. Just looking, this neighborhood the 2-3 story houses are all listed as 80k-200k about max. Like I said, it's a very cheap area to live in.

It's a university town. The only industry here is a medium-sized pharma company and coal which might come back, but probably not. So, it grows slowly over time but now big new thing.
>>
>>18647450
niggers
>>
>>18647508
It's drugs. Even could be gang shit. Probably a grow house.

Don't get involved you dweeb, it's obviously something dodgy and you don't want your family and friends to have an empty casket funeral for you.
>>
It's either the main stash house or the decoy stash house for a well organized enterprise.
I'd lean more towards decoy stash house because of the conspicuous cameras.

You acquire 2 houses within plain sight of one another. Outfit 1 house with easily visible counter-surveillance gear, the other with well hidden gear. You want the decoy to really stick out (you know, like a DECOY).
When the decoy house gets popped (and it WILL get popped first) you now know it's time to ditch/move the stash. You keep your stash and your freedom and you're only out some video equipment.
>>
File: opie.jpg (23KB, 464x434px) Image search: [Google]
opie.jpg
23KB, 464x434px
>>18647450
OP, what kind of MayBerry RFD world are you coming from where you've never seen homes with security cameras on them?
>>
>>18647606
OP would see lots of people coming and going.

tbqhwy I would put the money on a grow-op. They put the light on timers and shit so they really don't even need people there. Block out the windows and have somebody stop by every few days. With cheap large houses like that, it makes a perfect place to grow weed.
>>
>>18647450
If you actually wanna know jack their wifi. No point bullshitting about what might be.
>>
>>18647750
Or the stash house >>18647710

From what OP said, doesn't seem like he sees many people there so it isn't a trap house or everybody would know.

Gotta look and see if there is anything funky with the electrical going into the house because with grow houses they normally bypass the meters so the power company doesn't report it.
>>
>>18647491
>$300 rent

kek what fucking flyover rat's nest trailer park fucking bullshit do you live in?
>>
>>18647508
It's a dealer's house faggot. Big time dealer's will buy shitty houses in small towns to try and stay reclusive. Safer for them to do business out of these locations. You're fucking with some heavy shit here, possibly mafia. Just leave that shit alone.
>>
What town op?
>>
>>18647450

>secret government facility

They wouldn't be anywhere near so obvious, man, come on.

It's either drugs or paranoia, the latter maybe for no particular reason, or something like past robberies or harassment.
>>
>>18647740
I've seen plenty of homes with security cameras. I've never seen a home with 16 security cameras on one wall of a home, and I grew up in downtown Baltimore city, while my best friend lived in one of the posh inner city rich areas. Trust me, I've seen people trying to protect something but nothing like this.

>>18647798
>>18647778
Meh, I live in Morgantown West Virginia. I am a professor here.

>>18647759
No idea how to do that.

>>18647785
What I thought, but still was curious.
>>
>guy wants to be left alone
>wow wtf is this i better investigate probably bildaburger
>>
>>18647821
>No idea how to do that.
You gain access to the router. There's a few different ways to do this. If for some reason in 2017 it's a WEP router you can just packet sniff and crack the encryption. For a normal WPA2 router you can try common passwords, compromising a device on the home network, compromising the ISPs maintenance network or setting up a fake access point. All are a pita. Or social engineering.
>>
>>18647823
See toynbee tiles
>>
>>18647821
I live in fairmont, husband is a professor at fsu. What do you teach?
>>
>>18647450
Drug dealers or paranoid rich people OR they've been broken into a lot. There's a couple on my street with cameras everywhere because they've had to deal with vandalism
>>
About two blocks from me there is a similar situation going on. Shitty house on the edge of the shitty part of town. We see very high end cars parked outside once in a while, but also regular cars. We've assumed he's selling drugs for years, but it's probably just weed. This is Canada and in our city the cops have bigger fish to fry.
>>
>>18647450
Most likely just a paranoid hillbilly.
>>
>>18647450
It's a grow house, don't fuck with it or you and your friends will get a visit from a gang, or if you're unlucky from a cartel
>>
>>18647880
I'm a psychology prof.
>>18647941
Again, I would be more likely to believe this if I didn't know how expensive these cameras are.

>>18647991
Yeah...again, this is why I wanted to talk to /x/ before I went to go taking pictures of it. I don't want to get shanked.
>>
>>18648298
Well if you are gonna post for us, I'll just throw out suggestions how to get the pics

Park at a distance in your car at a spot that wouldn't be suspicious to stop for a second. Get on your phone in the car and act as if you're doing something and snap the pics.

Or choose between broad daylight or dark hours to just be taking a stroll and happen to "look upwards" with your phone

Somehow fix your phone in a position to capture photos as you are moving in your car, simply drive by as you normally do and have your phone auto-capturing photos/video
>>
>>18647450
Hay OP.

The house is being likely used as a server hub.

All over the US vacant houses and even apartments are being bought/rented by businesses to house server arrays.

Since nobody is actually inside of these areas, save for maintenance work security cameras are a must.

For example in my apartment building here in Ohio there is an apartment on the first floor with a blocked off door and a security camera. The apartment is being used to house servers from a local telecom company.

The good news is they pay a LOT to the property management company for this service. So much that rent is very cheap for what amounts to absurdly good amenities in contrast.
>>
>>18648483
Could be a bitcoin farm, too.
Then it would require some tech guy to stay there to keep an eye on things, though, same for servers.
>>
>>18648483
I was about to answer in the same vein. I know of a old farm-house soem distance away which has LOADS of cams on the outside, and, for those in the know, big-ass power lines going in. Reason is simple- data warehouse. Not in the last spooky or black ops like, but there you can rent all the area for a fraction of the cost then somewhere else.
They wouldn't shoot you $HERE if you would snoop around, but, when their lawyers are done with you, you might have prefered that ;)
>>
>>18647450
>small town in Appalachia, there's no gangs here
See, here's the thing. Appalachia doesn't have gangs like cities do. They have meth-rattled moon-shining shotgun wielding unstable hicks. Which are honestly worse. Having lived in Ohio and experienced the meth, heroin, and prescription pill abuse first hand I can tell you that hicks don't give a single shit about anything, and if you set them off they're liable to do anything to get back at you.
>>
>>18647491
>tweaker geek
>drug dealer
>serial killer
>someone terrified of home invasion or burglars
>>
>>18647450
They're probably cooking meth there: small isolated back country towns are where there are a lot of meth cookers
>>
>>18647624
>I doubt they'll notice you taking pictures at all
Don't listen to this guy. Don't take any pics, 99% chance its drug dealers who will make you disappear in nasty ass ways if they see you snoopin', stay the fuck away.
>>
Could be a person in the witness protection program, or could just be a paranoid schizophrenic that outfitted the place.
>>
It could be a new reality show and OP is the unwitting star
>>
>>18647450
they sell drugs
/thread
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.