[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

So what's the deal with snakes/serpents?

Are they all evil?

Why are they depicted as so throughout history?
>>
>>18647399
Snakes aren't evil ,they are wild animals, so don't fuck with them unless you want to get bitten. Except maybe domestic pet snakes, they're probably safe, but be nice to them anyway.

They're depicted as evil because the bible uses them as an allegory for uncontrolled puberty-hormone induced incest because the book of Genesis is often misunderstood. Eve is both Adam's sister (same father, God) and Adam's daughter (she came from his rib) and they're punished for getting sexy with one another because God wanted to warn us of the dangers of extra-retard babies produced by incest but the message was corrupted incredibly over the years into the version of Genesis we see today. Nontheless, the story still resonates strongly with people, so snakes representing the "evil" cock that made them fuck and piss off God and make progressively worse incest babies (Genesis also shows that pre-deluge people were healthier, with longer lifespans, less disease, and smarter as humans degenerated into their current state) remains in our collective unconscious.

Also, they look damn creepy how they slither like that, that doesn't hurt their image of being "evil" at all.
>>
>>18647399
The prevailing theory is that we have a really deep-seated instinctual terror of them as a result of millions of years when they were our ancestors' predators.
>>
>>18647419
Sources? Or where does that idea generally come from?
>>
On one hand, many snakes are poisonous and humans have an instinctual fear of them.

On the other, the shedding of scales has also made them symbols of healing, rebirth, and regeneration.
>>
>>18647419
>Except maybe domestic pet snakes, they're probably safe
No they're not. They are evil little fuckers who will bite the hand that feeds it on a whim.
>>
apparently birds are evil

says OP from hell
>>
File: 1467503739063.png (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467503739063.png
184KB, 600x600px
>>18647399
Most of the organisms that don't have an innate, instinctual fear of snakes didn't live long enough to reproduce.

>>18647419
The fear of snakes predates the Tanakh.

Observe this cat, responding with defensive posturing towards a cucumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ft-rrfRN0

It's not even a snake. It just remotely looks like one, so before the cat even has a chance to look closely at it, and identify what the green, snake like object is from the cat's memory, it reflexively jumps out of the way to defend itself.

Here is a comparison video for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox2CvVHKukE

This cat knows it is attacking a snake. Notice how, in order to defend itself, it reflexively hops away. That is the motion a cat uses, in a defensive posture.

It is the same motion that cats use, when they suddenly spot a cucumber.

The fact that this same instinctual response is programmed for both cucumbers, which are not snakes, and snakes, which are snakes, shows that this defensive reflex supercedes the rationality required to differentiate animals from vegetables.

The fear of snakes is so rooted into the animal psyche, that anything remotely cylindrical, and green sets it off.

Because all the animals that waited for rationality to kick in before identifying cylindrical green things died from snake bites.

That is why animals fear snakes. And things people fear are "evil," from their perspective.
>>
File: rM6Hmhw-2[1].jpg (32KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rM6Hmhw-2[1].jpg
32KB, 720x960px
>>18647437
There, are you?
>>
>>18647433
>the hand that feeds it
It's a snake, it doesn't understand feeding any better than it understands hands. You're a big non-predator that just happen to drop edible things on his side of the invisible wall. Things without maternal instincts make bad pets.
>>
>>18647430
I came to this conclusion on my own after reading the Bible, reading about the history of the bible and what groups of people controlled it at what points in history as well as what their agendas were, and then reading a bunch of non-canon books that almost made it into the bible but weren't included for whatever reason (Enoch, Mary, etc.) in an attempt to Green-pill/Bread-pill fusion myself.
>>
>>18647433
>confirmed for cuck with no cute sneks
>>
>>18647431
Venemous. They inject venom. Not poisonous. Poisonous means you eat or swallow and it kills you.

Venom = it bites/stings you. (Snake/spider/scorpion)

Poison = you eat it. (Plants/chemicals/frogs etc.)
>>
>>18647433
So do many other less inteligent animals. Hell even cats and dogs may bite or scratch if you get between them and their food bowl during chow time.

Also most snake owners feed with tongs. The snake can sense which is a food item and will strike that. Only rarely do they miss the strike and tag a hand.

This is also the time you are most likely to get tagged, because of a food item.

The rest of the time, if they are not blue because of shedding, you won't be having much trouble with them.

Now I only have experience with non-venemous species, because I have no intrest in dealing with those.
>>
>>18647419
Wow, you're an complete idiot. You cant just pull shit out your ass and seriously believe it, let alone try to give your retardedness to others. None if what you said makes any logical sense beyond you just projecting your own subconscious convictions onto stuff that you don't understand in order to avoid admitting to yourself that you can't into critical thinking or complex ideas. Fuck off with your 8th grade turd brain two cents and go be a faggot on /b/ or leddit or anywhere else but here
>>
>>18647703
Are you trying to say that if you eat a venomous snake, and swallow the venom sacks it uses to inject venom, then you don't get poisoned? If so, is that true?

Have you tried this? Are there enzymes in your digestion system or something that detoxify the swallowed venom, rendering it non-poisonous when swallowed, but would otherwise poison you if the venom was injected directly into your blood stream, bypassing digestion?
>>
File: 1425702874799.jpg (196KB, 768x954px) Image search: [Google]
1425702874799.jpg
196KB, 768x954px
>>18647719
>Hell even cats and dogs may bite or scratch if you get between them and their food bowl during chow time.

I don't understand how exactly do you get in the way of a dog eating?
>>
>>18647767
Next time you see a dog eating, try sliding under it like you're fixing the underside of a car and give it a blow job. It might bite you but if it keeps eating, keep sucking. Once its done and once you're done, you have to transfer the ejaculate from your mouth into the dogs mouth. If it doesn't bite you, you have to manually force the animal to evacuate its bowls using your tongue. Flip it on its back with its hips slightly raised using a pillow and swirl your tongue in small circles inside its anus with an in/out motion. This will all be fairly easy and even fun for you because faggots n shit. The best way to succeed is to do this in public. Post flyers and tell your neighbours. A library is probably a good location. Or an Applebee's. No TGI Friday's though.. Just saying
>>
>>18647399
It's just an instinct left over from when we were small enough primates for snakes to eat.
>>
File: 1486518626863.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486518626863.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
>>18647445
Actually really interesting.
>>
File: CulebraCollage.jpg (417KB, 1500x1189px) Image search: [Google]
CulebraCollage.jpg
417KB, 1500x1189px
Last summer our farm was overrun by Copperheads. It was sort of nerve-wracking, to tell the truth. Hope it doesn't happen again.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 362x204px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 362x204px
>>18647832
>>
>>18647399
They're fuckin sketchy as shit. Here in Australia we have to keep our distance from them or we'll probably die. When you can't tell if a snake is venomous or not, it's better to just leave it alone. That's probably why we avoid them and treat them as evil/dangerous
>>
>>18647907
Or you can beat them with a stick and make them into a belt. Like a man.
>>
>>18647935
Ahh
This..
>>
snakes are cthonic and associated with the underworld/ death and are not evil in most cultures

modern western culture is influenced by the abrahamic eden and the biblical deception
>>
>>18647419
So adam and eve were supposed to be alone forever?
>>
>>18647399
>oh shit my dude, that thing just bit my friend and now my friend is dead, it must have the devil's power inside him!
>>
>>18647907
>>18648361
>>18648867
Makes sense

So nothing paranormal about them?
>>
>>18647399
Snake is fucking weird. It move on land like they are swimming on the water. It's like they have anti-grav technology under it's body. Fucking spooky.
>>
>I'm a demiurge, gonna fool mankind
>Snake: Otacon, that guy is a demiurge, eat the fruit of Metal Gear
>Archons: snakes are evil!
>>
>>18647399

>Are animals which have no concept of what evil may be and only live to defend themselves, survive and spread their gene pool evil?

No, they are not evil. People used them as metaphors for evil.
>>
>>18649224
but then again, following your concept, men cannot be truly evil either, for every definition of evil is a social construct and men as wild animals defined by their upbringing cannot be blamed for turning out "evil"
>>
>>18647419

>Eve is Adam's daughter and sister

Do you know how genetics work? If she was born from his rib, she has the SAME DNA as him, not similar. So she's a CLONE.
>>
>>18649196
Just as paranormal as a bird or cat is.
>>
File: Chrysopoea_of_Cleopatra_1.png (27KB, 200x220px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysopoea_of_Cleopatra_1.png
27KB, 200x220px
Throughout the ancient cultures of the middle east espciallys the Greeks and the Persians snakes were considered to be sacred, have healing powers, to be very wise.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Asclepius

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Snake_worship

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Python_(mythology)
>>
>>18649230

Are you retarded? It's the difference between basic primal functioning and being an intelligent being which can decide between what to do.

When you become concious enough to tell the difference between good and evil and choose which path you wish to take, that's when you can be good or evil.
>>
>>18649244
No, evil is a sociail construct, much like goodness.
The first humans couldn't distinguish good from evil, that came MUCH later, even ancient religions couldn't do that properly. Which shows how time can erode this concepts. It isn't an ephemeral concept which the cavemen would be able to comprehend, one could argue justice is a more suitable candidate for that.
If it isn't an ephemeral concept then it doesn't matter what choice you make, it depends on twisting the concept enough to make everyone think you are doing in fact good.
Of course, this is coming out of your line of though that there are beings that are unable to do evil because their evil can't be translated into our conception of evil.
>>
>>18649257

Do you know what ephemeral means?
>>
>>18648851
This:D
>>
What about ouroboros?
>>
>>18647935
Yeah I'll make a fuckin snake belt to go with my kangaroo balls pouch. Next time I see a snake, I'll keep that in mind
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.