[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinite Earths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Are you certain that you're in the proper continuity/timeline/universe you were always meant to be in? If not, then what are you doing in this one?

Have you ever felt that a certain day had a certain color to it? Or has a certain memory felt different from others for no particular reason? Is there something you remember that no one else seems to? Have you ever experienced the sensation of Déjà vu, if you have then you may have been thrown out of temporal synchronicity for just a moment as your perception of reality adjusts to a freshly splintered reality not your own. These splits at the quantum level occur billions if not trillions of times a second yet we typically can't perceive them, sheltered within the continuity of our native reality, our path.

How many times has Nelson Mandella, Fidel Castro and Muhammad Ali died over the course of your lifetime's recollection? How many times have you seen a certain movie or game released for the first time on that Red Box you pass every day? When exactly did the Iphone first come out? Was Michael Jackson and Jarred from Subway always pedophiles? Bill Cosby a rapists? Donald Trump, the president?

Whenever an inconsistency or contradiction is encountered during these slips your mind works quickly to rectify it, "Huh, I thought he had already died... oh well..." and make it part of our perceived narrative. It's much the same as when you think you see something out of the corner of your eye or at a glace then when you look back there's nothing there, "Huh, I must have been seeing things."

When reality, as we perceive it, is something cobbled together after-the-fact by our brains, how can we ever truly be sure that things are now as they've always been?
>>
File: tumblr_o6urdn1Tft1qg39ewo1_500.gif (2MB, 499x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6urdn1Tft1qg39ewo1_500.gif
2MB, 499x268px
>>
Remember that time you went up in a hot air balloon?
>>
I'm from another dimension, I guess you could say. Nothing insanely different about this one over the other except I'm male.
>>
>>18646538
Same. In my reality, I'm an attack helicopter.
>>
I don't know why these topics are made. If anyone claims as such, it's going to be met with disbelief and claims of roleplaying.

>>18646548
Were you like KIT from Knight Rider or just a normal non-sentient one? Either way, that had to be a hell of a transition.
>>
>>18646554
Everything is sentient. Everything.
Anyways, for the transition, yeah, it's hard. I miss being able to fly. Your shoes and joints are shitty shock absorbers. And you guys really seem to hate Pinochet. We helicopters love him because he loved us helicopters like no one else.
>>
Remember kids, don't tell the time police the colour of your anti-psychotic tablets or they might abduct you.
>>
If our dimension-hopping consists entirely of going to dimensions where pop-culture quotes are slightly different than we remember, then we might actually have the lamest dimension-hopping system in the book.
>>
File: 1485524044690.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485524044690.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>18647105
Judging from the way some people flip the fuck out when obscure movie titles are different from the version they recall from memory, that is perhaps the threshold of timeline changing that our society can handle at this moment.

Even if factually no timeline changing ever occurred, and all of these are merely personal memory mistakes, the way people emotionally react when they *believe* that a timeline change occurred serves as a metric to judge whether or not a society is ready for more extreme changes, if indeed such a thing is even possible at all.

Just imagine how people would respond, if for instance, magical girls in the past and future were released from their cursed fate of becoming witches in the penultimate timeline before the new world. For all intents and purposes, witches would never have existed.

You'd just have these people who go around saying "Hey, where did all the ' ' go?" And others would have no idea what that word even was.

"Magical girls? What the fuck? Those don't even exist. Those have never existed."

So my point is, perhaps its for the best that pop-culture quotes are the extent of people's maybe timeline changing / maybe fallacious memory experiences. I don't know if our society could handle self proclaimed time travelers hunting for witches that never existed.
>>
In all honesty, I can say dimension hopping is legit. At least via the soul.
>>
>>18645631
>Are you certain that you're in the proper continuity/timeline/universe you were always meant to be in?

Yes, and this one fucking blows, but I'm in the "right" one.
>>
>>18647609
Go to the left one then next time.
>>
>>18646570
holy kek
>>
bampu
>>
>Are you certain that you're in the proper continuity/timeline/universe you were always meant to be in?
Who gives a shit?

>If not, then what are you doing in this one?
Fucking shit up? Same as I'd be doing wherever it was that I was meant to be? Seriously who gives a shit? Y'all are overthinking crap that makes no fucking difference in our miserable, puny lifespans.
>>
>>18645631
Are you trying to say that there is no narrative at all, and we just pick important shit that we like or seems more probable and make a narrative out of it?

I can't even begin to wrap my head around that but I bet if I could it would be liberating (if it's true)
>>
>>18650236
What if the fact that you even have a puny lifespan is something that you have accepted to be true, but isn't?
What if you've been here for eons and not just the 20-something years you think?
>>
>>18650248
Again, who gives a shit? I'm willing to accept that in a second. It wouldn't change a thing.
>>
>>18650306
You obviously don't, but that doesn't mean other people can't
>>
>>18650379
Sure they can, but I reserve my right to believe they shouldn't, and they're wasting they time if they do.
>>
>>18650509
*their time, sorry about that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.