[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Travel idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: decisions-407750_960_720.jpg (146KB, 960x620px) Image search: [Google]
decisions-407750_960_720.jpg
146KB, 960x620px
Ok, I don't know where this idea came from or why I'm even thinking it (I was thinking about Batman) but all of a sudden, this runs through my head:

"What if time is one way per entity? Like, you can only go forward to stay in YOUR timeline and if you did go back, you would end up in an alternate timeline based on the amount of time you go back?"

Is this why everything about Titor's America didn't happen?

This made a lot more sense in my head.

TL;DR - Time travel, you can only go forward. If you go back you go to another timeline to minimise any negative effects.
>>
I'm fairly certain that was the theory on time travel that Titor put forward - that you're not changing your future, but splitting off into other universes where the future matches the actions you made in the past.
>>
File: animoot_sssss.gif (2MB, 495x592px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_sssss.gif
2MB, 495x592px
>>18644432
Yes.

Time travel is inexorably tied with the philosophy of subjectivism. As a thought experiment, any time travel machine is functionally identical with a fast working "4d printer" that reassembles all the matter in an area to simulate what *would* happen *if* you time traveled to any given event.

You don't *really* time travel, because that's "" impossible. "" You're just landscaping the immediate environment to resemble what the experience of time travel would be like, from a certain perspective.

You can think of every person as a 4d printer, generating the universe from their own perspective. It's sort of like turning your concept of self inside out--maybe "' you "" are just everything that happens to you.

That's why when time travelers "" definitely don't "" come back in time to "" not help "" us, ( because those things are "" impossible "" ) they explain wisdom and advice that sound strangely like new age manifestation theory. Those instructions are just how you operate a time machine.

Unlike cars, or airplanes, with a time machine you don't think about moving from A ---------> B. You think A. B. Without necessarily visiting all the points in between. This presents some different challenges in navigation. How do specify one point out of an infinite number of possible events? With a conventional vehicle, you just point sort of in that direction, and wait until you get there. Time machines don't have that waiting period, because that's why they're time machines. You're just there.

So any attempt at navigating a time machine is only as accurate as you're willing to say "Yah, alright, close enough." And so it is provably impossible to ever know the difference between authentic time travel where you go somewhere, and "" fake "" time travel, where you're only experiencing a simulated, 4d printed environment and never actually moved at all.

It's like relativity meets philosophical subjectivism.
>>
File: animoot_tts.jpg (125KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_tts.jpg
125KB, 564x564px
>>18644557
In a nutshell, if you travel back in time to a timeline in which events in your memory of the past proceed to not occur, (attempting to change the past) then one of two things happen:

1) You realize that the timeline you traveled to isn't actually the one which contains your past after all. Oops, inaccurate navigation!

2) You realize that the past you traveled to is actually the one that contains your past, but that your memory of what happened in the past (before you time traveled) was inaccurate. Oops, inaccurate memory!

Either way, there are no possibilities where you travel back in time to a timeline in which events in your memory of the past proceed to not occur, and both your navigation and memory of the past were correct. Because that's what it means to attempt to change the past.

I.e. The only way that John Titor would be able to predict the future by going into the past, would be if in the timeline that John Titor was from before time traveling, there was a person named John Titor, who was the "" real "" John Titor, who was predicting the future, because he time traveled into the past.

The only way to predict the future is to be part of the cycle that causes it.
>>
>>18644557
>>18644578
Good posts. Would like to read more about this.
>>
>>18644432
Time isn't real. Its an unavoidable and consequential illusion due to our inability to sense the true present moment using our limited senses within normal consciousness.

Everything we experience is a reaction to an instance we never saw happen when it really occurred. Time is nothing but the brain's translation of the chain reactions that occur from a cascading of frequencies that are exponentially multiplied by reactions to themselves, creating densely grouped micro reactions that form lattices of charged frequencies and energetic patterns of axiomatic perpetual cycles with infinite potential. We experience the output of this through sensual perception, and can define it as the matrix of physical reality.

The only way to experience a shift of our consciousness across the false dimension we call time, which again, is just a mere translation in our brains of the frequencies that create the physical matrix, is to remove our consciousness from the systematic illusion of its creation (escape the matrix). At this point we would perceive the true present tense of existence which envelopes the past, present, and future together and renders the very notion of "time" useless.

The only sure way to permanently "escape the matrix" is through physical death. Other methods such as entering altered states of consciousness through various forms of meditation in order to perceive reality without illusion is limited to projection only and will NOT propagate into spiritual ascension to a state of pure will over the frequencies that bind us to the matrix due to the inadequate and persistent physical connection of mind/body with this false physical reality.

So, to sum things up, kill yourself. Then you can time travel, faggot.
>>
Watch 'Enter The Void'
[spoiler]Main character is drug dealer in Hong Kong, into the occult and currently reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead. He dies and the rest of the movie is him viewing the aftermath of his demise as well as the precursor events which led to it, not making sense chronologically.[/spoiler]
It's a pretty good film.
>>
File: Bruh.jpg (69KB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.jpg
69KB, 500x888px
>>18644557
>Blink fast

I'm blinking as fast as I can, what is supposed to happen?
>>
>>18644557
>>18644578
>>18645308
Well reasoned, thought provoking, all round excellent responses. Was a joy to read. Thank you for contributing.
>>
>>18645308
I agree with this post, but do hope for a way out that isn't suicide...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.