[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a correlation between music and magick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1486730876716.jpg (157KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
1486730876716.jpg
157KB, 500x668px
Is there a correlation between music and magick?
>>
>>18644275
I like to think so.

This is my stuff:
www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun
>>
Music, math and magic are a lot closer to one another than most people realize.
>>
File: hermestrismegistus1.jpg (45KB, 300x386px) Image search: [Google]
hermestrismegistus1.jpg
45KB, 300x386px
>>18644299
This is true. Especially with regards to mathematics. There's no greater esoteric journey than learning advanced mathematics and trying to use it to explain the nature of all things.
>>
>>18644299
Math makes sense, especially with the Pentagram. Music makes sense too. But I was wondering if there were any essays or texts specifically about music and magick.
>>
>>18644415
Not necessarily "magic" specifically, but check out the Quadrivium.

It's focused on the old system of education - learning number, geometry, music, and cosmology, the quadrivium of knowledge that is the basis for all understanding and the counterpart of the trivium - grammar, logic, and rhetoric, which together with the quadrivium comprise the seven liberal arts.

Music, number, geometry, and cosmology are all basically representations of the same thing - existence itself. These disciplines outline the ways of creation. With a greater understanding of them, you will better understand yourself and the world your in.

Not sure how it directly relates to magic, but I know geometry and number relate to magic, and since music is number in time, music is magic that is moving.

Geometry is number in space, music is number in time, cosmology is number in space and time.
>>
>>18644299
this.
pythagoras has the answers
>>
File: 1483501272941.png (195KB, 680x532px) Image search: [Google]
1483501272941.png
195KB, 680x532px
>>18644275

Y u do dis; magician use wand silly bunny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1ljYx3g3k
>>
File: note_tone.png (4MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
note_tone.png
4MB, 2000x2000px
>>18644275
Yes.

What is the difference between a note and a tone?

If you know this difference, you know all that is required to sculpt magic. There are many self proclaimed "STEM field" types, who think the universe is all notes, and no tones. They cannot sculpt magic with any intention, because their mind filters it out. There are people who think that everything is a single tone, and notes are an illusion. They're technically right, but they also can't sculpt magic, because they believe there is nothing to sculpt.

If you know the difference between what's a note, and what's a tone, and can quickly mentally categorize things in your perceptions as "note like" or "tone like," then you can sculpt magic, in addition to beginning to perceive all that you have sculpted accidentally already, by raw chance alone.

I'll start you off, if you're enjoying this belief system so far: the difference a note and a tone is a very note like quality. However, how much something resembles a note like or tone like quality is a tone like quality.

Using this belief system as a seed to grow in your mind's garden, (if you like) as you familiarize yourself with this primary polarity, and learn to "flex" this perception like a muscle, you will learn that music is the language of the cosmos, and sculpting magic is in the most literal sense simply having a conversation with the cosmos, in this language.
>>
why not
>>
>>18644926
Honestly in a lot of ways music is like an argument, or conversation.I wonder if performing or making certain types of music can attract certain things to you. In the literal sense you have people you meet through the music, but what about specific intents? Very interesting.
>>
Yes, sounds create and alter existence. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
>>
File: ringo.jpg (166KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
ringo.jpg
166KB, 494x640px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.